Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3251117 times)

Frey

Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #4155 on: February 14, 2012, 02:57:12 PM »
Did you actually get a message telling you she was dead, samoht? I've lost sims after traveling but they just disappear, I've never had any messages about it. Also, the lost sims have always been the ones actually traveling, never the ones that stayed at home.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4156 on: February 14, 2012, 02:58:16 PM »
Six days of Egypt, I reached VISA 2. I saved about a Sim hour before he left for Egypt.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4157 on: February 14, 2012, 04:19:52 PM »
Ugh. That was smart of you to save before traveling, samo.

Mandier

« Reply #4158 on: February 14, 2012, 04:47:45 PM »
Welcome to our Forum!

Actually, I recommend using a town you're familiar with.  The challenge is hard and if you aren't familiar with the locations of seeds, rocks, etc., it will be that much harder.  Another thing to consider is the size of the file.  When you get close to the half way point in the challenge, your file is going to be pretty big and it could start lagging and being slow to load.  If it's in Union Cove, you'll be in double trouble because UC is so huge.  Adding a large dynasty file to the difficulties sometimes encountered in UC could break your dynasty.

Thanks for the advise. I will probably start over in Appalosa or Hidden Springs. The constant pausing just to try and find the places I need to visit or where I can find rocks is driving me crazy. Still I find Union Cove beautiful and I will probably play another family there, not a dynasty.  :)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4159 on: February 14, 2012, 06:12:23 PM »
Ugh. That was smart of you to save before traveling, samo.

Thanks, Past Mistakes.  ;) So should I go back to my previous save? (Or just quit without saving as I still have it open because I got sidetracked - CSI NY, Miami and then Johnny English Reborn! Plus Lindt Chocolates!)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #4160 on: February 14, 2012, 10:49:01 PM »
Glad it worked Upinde!

Metro, I know I'm not going for HoF but I'd like to get your ruling on this as I try to follow the rules the best I can. My teenaged future immortal got an opportunity the day she was scheduled to age up. I figured it would be one of the ones you do it and get credit for right away. Unfortunately, after she completed it it said go to school to finish. So after she aged up, it's gone from her opportunity tab and I'm not sure what to do. Count it as one of her Black Ops or mark it out and leave it for another Immortal?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4161 on: February 15, 2012, 12:48:31 AM »
Glad it worked Upinde!

Metro, I know I'm not going for HoF but I'd like to get your ruling on this as I try to follow the rules the best I can. My teenaged future immortal got an opportunity the day she was scheduled to age up. I figured it would be one of the ones you do it and get credit for right away. Unfortunately, after she completed it it said go to school to finish. So after she aged up, it's gone from her opportunity tab and I'm not sure what to do. Count it as one of her Black Ops or mark it out and leave it for another Immortal?

If it was me, I wouldn't count it because she didn't get to complete it by going to school.  She didn't get whatever the reward was for the opportunity, either.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #4162 on: February 15, 2012, 01:47:44 AM »
Ok Pam thanks! That leaves that one open for another Immortal than. Or is it completely off-limits since she did do it, just didn't get credit?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4163 on: February 15, 2012, 02:28:22 AM »
She attempted to do it, but didn't complete it.  Completing the opportunity is critical.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #4164 on: February 15, 2012, 06:26:54 AM »
Awesome! Thank you so much Pam!

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Cake! Some confections are immortal...
« Reply #4165 on: February 15, 2012, 04:24:47 PM »
Hello All! I'm about to attempt this again...just in this day and age there are so many options for the different cities you can use. So I ask...which towns do you think would be best for this? I want to make sure the town actually /has/ the stuff necessary to complete the challenge because that can be the hardest parts of the challenge. That is...finding the spots where you can get the things necessary to do this. My Roygbiv Dynasty failed due to computer error and I was ever so upset, so I'm trying again. I don't think the Pets Appalooza Plains is the best location...tempting but so small.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4166 on: February 15, 2012, 05:11:48 PM »
I actually think Appaloosa plains is a good choice for a dynasty. Katluvr has completed a dynasty there and I got to generation four before my computer started misbehaving. I think Union Cove would be an excellent choice because there are so many rich and talented Sims but for me the game just runs too slow there.
I think it comes down to which town you know the best. Before starting a dynasty in any town I would suggest doing some research check to see which Sims have the traits and skills you require before starting.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Seera1024

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4167 on: February 15, 2012, 05:30:35 PM »
Simsissy, the best city to play a Dynasty in is either one you're very familiar with (know location of things like special seeds and deathfish) OR one you're very very interested in playing in (helps keep you interested in the challenge). Each has it's pros and cons if the cities aren't the same ones.

Neighborhood you're familiar with

Pros: You know where the spawners are. You know who has what skill sets (namely painting, fishing, gardening, and/or cooking).
Cons: You could be tired of the neighborhood because you know it so well.

Neighborhood you're interested in playing in

Pros: Creates interest in the challenge beyond just completing it. Creates more suspense of will your Sim find the life fruit location or the deathfish location? Will they find someone to paint them in time?
Cons: You don't know where things are and who has what skills, so you're more likely to fail than in a neighborhood you know where those things are.

To me the neighborhood I was interested in playing beat out a neighborhood I knew. But for you, it might not. I personally like challenges and have a habit of making my first times doing a challenge be harder than I probably should.

Offline simsissy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Cake! Some confections are immortal...
« Reply #4168 on: February 15, 2012, 05:39:19 PM »
Thank you both for your feedback. Seeing as I've never really explored every town fully, I think I'll start with the older ones (Riverview and etc) And use the Dynasty challenge to help me learn it. I probably should start sharing the story with others.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4169 on: February 15, 2012, 05:47:19 PM »
I probably should start sharing the story with others.

Stories are strictly voluntary.  Please don't feel like you have to do it if you don't want to.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog