Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3251956 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #3060 on: July 30, 2011, 03:50:29 PM »
Basicly - if you get the firstborn from a time machine, your dynasty is dead.

I wouldn't say so. I guess it's the same deal as with SimBots. However, we need to wait for an official clarification.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Sportsfan

« Reply #3061 on: July 30, 2011, 04:00:30 PM »
Does the building and property have to be purchased via computer or can I just go to the building to buy it?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3062 on: July 30, 2011, 04:40:21 PM »
I wouldn't say so. I guess it's the same deal as with SimBots. However, we need to wait for an official clarification.

Unless a Time Machine child (first born targeted immortal) would be a toddler right at the get go, your Dynasty would indeed fail. A toddler portrait is mandatory and missing it is a game breaker.

Does the building and property have to be purchased via computer or can I just go to the building to buy it?

Assuming the price is the same, your method of purchase is up to you. Don't forget there's upgrading as well.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3063 on: July 30, 2011, 04:41:24 PM »
Metro, I have a question.

So I searched and searched for a potential roommate in my official dynasty and found this guy -

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Jack_Porter

He has quite a few high-level skills and that's a huge bonus. The thing is, according to Sims Wiki, two of his need bars are frozen. I haven't tested this, but if you want for me to do so, I can copy the dynasty file and test my plan in the copy and see if it is like that in my game. If it really is, is he allowed to be a part of the household? I mean, even in that case, it's not just me who has the advantage, it's all players out there, it's just strategic decision, no? :-\
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Sportsfan

« Reply #3064 on: July 30, 2011, 04:43:03 PM »
Assuming the price is the same, your method of purchase is up to you. Don't forget there's upgrading as well.
Thank you. I was worried because I read the rules a little after I bought my first building and I saw that I didn't buy it via computer. I don't think that there is a price difference.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3065 on: July 30, 2011, 05:19:47 PM »
Metro, I have a question.

So I searched and searched for a potential roommate in my official dynasty and found this guy -

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Jack_Porter

He has quite a few high-level skills and that's a huge bonus. The thing is, according to Sims Wiki, two of his need bars are frozen. I haven't tested this, but if you want for me to do so, I can copy the dynasty file and test my plan in the copy and see if it is like that in my game. If it really is, is he allowed to be a part of the household? I mean, even in that case, it's not just me who has the advantage, it's all players out there, it's just strategic decision, no? :-\

It also means you're opting to playing in Bridgeport which I personally feel is much more of a challenge for lots of reasons. So, you're fine, Chronic. The Moodlet Manager and Motive Mobile are not banned in this event, so I don't see why that Townie should be banned. You'll have a little easier start, but as I said, Bridgeport has its issues — namely, rampant vampirism. By generation 3 or 4 I can only imagine how difficult it will be to find non vampire spouses in Bridgeport. Good luck.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3066 on: July 30, 2011, 05:25:23 PM »
Just double checking again but it is alright to have a Dynasty Heir marry and produce an Heir with an IF they brought to life with a Metamorphim Potion thing, it seems like the perfect time mainly because I have an Insane Doctor who will need to Supermax Logic and learn all the potions, plus he has an IF.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3067 on: July 30, 2011, 05:29:09 PM »
Thank you Metro! I've already started actually. I got Matthew Hamming and Lola Belle in the house, before they became vampires, and am hoping to catch another three townies too. My vampire population seems to be passive in all towns, even Bridgeport, so far. The story is called Forever Amy, if anyone's interested. :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3068 on: July 30, 2011, 05:29:38 PM »
Just double checking again but it is alright to have a Dynasty Heir marry and produce an Heir with an IF they brought to life with a Metamorphim Potion thing, it seems like the perfect time mainly because I have an Insane Doctor who will need to Supermax Logic and learn all the potions, plus he has an IF.  :)

Yep. I've already signed off on Imaginary Friends and Ghosts as potential spouses as they apparently do not have extended life spans.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3069 on: July 30, 2011, 05:33:08 PM »
Great, just double checking, I didn't want to start and then end a teen romance or anything. :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3070 on: July 30, 2011, 05:38:47 PM »
You could also go the route 'he loved his imaginary friend all his life but had to marry a human girl in order to continue the dynasty'. ;)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3071 on: July 30, 2011, 07:15:33 PM »
I don't know if this has been asked before because I can't remember if I've seen it; however,  one of my sims was traveling via the time machine and changed the career one of my immortals from lvl 10 law enforcement to lvl 10 music (symphonic branch).   The music career is one that I was planning on doing for another generation immortal.   Do I need to alter my plans and not do the music career in the future or am I ok since the immortal didn't actually work up to lvl 10 music?

Hey Metro - I think with everyone talking about children from the time machine my actual dilemma wasn't seen.  I'm not talking about children from the time machine.  I'm talking about the time machine changing the career of one of my immortals.   Does it count as one I can't use for a future immortal?

Thanks
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3072 on: July 30, 2011, 07:19:35 PM »
Hey Metro - I think with everyone talking about children from the time machine my actual dilemma wasn't seen.  I'm not talking about children from the time machine.  I'm talking about the time machine changing the career of one of my immortals.   Does it count as one I can't use for a future immortal?

Thanks

Sorry I missed your question, Ricalynn. If the time machine alters careers, etc, then the bottom line is you need to adapt on the fly. It all comes down to making sure requirements are fulfilled at the time of eating ambrosia.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3073 on: July 30, 2011, 07:20:41 PM »
I just wanted to make sure before I went crazy reworking the plan.  Thanks!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3074 on: July 31, 2011, 03:31:29 AM »
Just a question about the opportunity 'Networking is key': Does it count only once or once for each different sim that you have to befriend (since the opportunity changes). In that case, can it be a black opp for 2 different sims, since they are befriending two different people?