Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 3251825 times)

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2985 on: July 22, 2011, 07:34:51 PM »
I've had a Cooking skill opportunities come up that required making ambrosia (for delivery to the hospital), and a Gardening one where someone wanted life fruit (I think for delivery to the restaurant). Does the "no life extension for anyone but the immortals" clause require me to turn these opportunities down (which I did, just in case)? Does it make a difference whether the opportunity involves delivery to a specific Sim as opposed to a rabbit-hole?
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2986 on: July 22, 2011, 07:48:26 PM »
Those opportunities are fine, cathyknits.  As long as your Sims don't partake of the Ambrosia or life fruit, it's ok to complete the opportunity.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

O_O_Kay

« Reply #2987 on: July 23, 2011, 09:11:34 AM »
Hello everyone,

I'm very interested in starting my first attempt to this challenge. I've been trying to read all the posts in this thread and currently I'm up to page 23. I'm so excited to get started though... so I have a few questions. I apologize in advance if these have been answered already.

1.) Can lifetime rewards overlap among immortals? For example: Immortal one first chooses 3 lifetime rewards that will stay unique to her. After the 3 unique rewards have been chosen; can she and another immortal both choose the same reward? (Assuming that no other immortal also chooses this reward as part of their unique 3) Also- are there any restrictions as to the LTR items that you can purchase? Are there any rules about immortals sharing their LTR items with others in the household?

2.) My understanding is that all traits can be chosen. (No random roll) Is it okay for the traits to overlap among immortals? Example: two or more immortals with the 'friendly' trait.

3.) I realize that having any vampires in the dynasty household is a no-go. What of the townies that aren't going to be part of the dynasty household? Will I have to uninstall Late Night?

Again, I'm so sorry as I'm sure that these questions have been answered before. I'm still trying to read through all the information.

Also, I've been trying to plan out as much information as I can before undergoing with this project. If anyone could spare some time and double check that this is a doable list, I would be very grateful. This is a simple outline of my plan as of now for super maxed skills and career paths for all the immortals:

Generation: Super maxed skill/ career.

Generation 1: Gardening/ Science
Generation 2: Sculpting/ Sculptor (Self-employed)
Generation 3: Painter/ Painting (Self-employed)
Generation 4: Cooking/ Culinary
Generation 5: Athlete/ Astronaut
Generation 6: Writing/ Author (Self-employed)
Generation 7: Fishing/ Angler (Self-employed)
Generation 8: Charisma/ Politics

If there are any complications to that basic set-up I would love to get some input.
Thank you so much in advance for your reply!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2988 on: July 23, 2011, 09:21:14 AM »
Welcome to the forum, O_O_Kay. :)

1.) Can lifetime rewards overlap among immortals? For example: Immortal one first chooses 3 lifetime rewards that will stay unique to her. After the 3 unique rewards have been chosen; can she and another immortal both choose the same reward? (Assuming that no other immortal also chooses this reward as part of their unique 3) Also- are there any restrictions as to the LTR items that you can purchase? Are there any rules about immortals sharing their LTR items with others in the household?

As long as each immortal has 3 unique LTR, then immortals can have other common rewards as well. Check the rules in the first post for specific reward restrictions. There are a couple.

2.) My understanding is that all traits can be chosen. (No random roll) Is it okay for the traits to overlap among immortals? Example: two or more immortals with the 'friendly' trait.

Yes.

3.) I realize that having any vampires in the dynasty household is a no-go. What of the townies that aren't going to be part of the dynasty household? Will I have to uninstall Late Night?

No. You have no control over a townie becoming a vampire, so that's fine.

After a quick glance at your plan, I think everything looks good. I actually finished with Charisma and Politics as well. Metropolis Man as Leader of the Free World. Does it get more frightening than that?

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #2989 on: July 23, 2011, 09:24:17 AM »
Only thing I saw at a quick glance, science also requires fishing. I'm not sure if you could get to level 10 without maxing it, which would then cause problems for generation 7. Other than that though it looks good.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #2990 on: July 23, 2011, 09:29:13 AM »
My first dynasty attempt, the founder maxed the Science career with Fishing at 6 and Handiness at 7. Progress was a little slow near the end where they really wanted those skills to be higher, but it can be done. Afterwards, I just had to keep an eye on her to keep her from fishing autonomously if she was somewhere near a pond, and I'm not sure if she would have done that without the Angler trait.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2991 on: July 23, 2011, 09:30:46 AM »
Only thing I saw at a quick glance, science also requires fishing. I'm not sure if you could get to level 10 without maxing it, which would then cause problems for generation 7. Other than that though it looks good.

You can definitely max the science career without fear of maxing the fishing skill. Gardening and Handiness have high requirements to keep those work metrics Outstanding, but to get Fishing to Outstanding requires maybe a skill level of 5 or 6.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #2992 on: July 23, 2011, 09:33:23 AM »
Good to know! I've never tried it with less than maxed fishing! Sorry Kay.  :-[

O_O_Kay

« Reply #2993 on: July 23, 2011, 09:49:39 AM »
Thanks again for everyone for such swift replies! This will probably take me a few tries but I think I'm going to go ahead and get started with as much as I can get done over the weekend.

Good to know! I've never tried it with less than maxed fishing! Sorry Kay.  :-[

No need to apologize, Esther, I really appreciate the forewarning.  :)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2994 on: July 23, 2011, 10:27:09 AM »
Also, I've been trying to plan out as much information as I can before undergoing with this project. If anyone could spare some time and double check that this is a doable list, I would be very grateful. This is a simple outline of my plan as of now for super maxed skills and career paths for all the immortals:

If there are any complications to that basic set-up I would love to get some input.

My second immortal dynasty,the Khalids,had almost exactly the same careers and supermax skills as you are planning. Except I had fishing instead of gardening for the founder. Just a personal choice I don't like gardening. It looks like a very good plan to me I don't see any problems occuring.
Good luck with your dynasty.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #2995 on: July 23, 2011, 06:31:19 PM »

I think maybe you should swap fishing and athlete around. I find fishing is the easiest thing about ambroisia but it's good to have the Immortal earlier on the the second last Immortal.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Widonja

• Occult
« Reply #2996 on: July 23, 2011, 07:46:07 PM »
It's basicly a hard thing, becouse you need Painting, Culinary, Sculpting, Gardening and fishing when the first immortal is tipping to the other half of the elder stage... Training spouses isn't as easy as it seems. Rather have the 1st 2 max several skills and then have some careers like Inventing, music, acting etc...

1 question - Do different branches count as 2 different maxed jobs or not? (Actor and director for example)

Sportsfan

« Reply #2997 on: July 23, 2011, 08:29:36 PM »
It's basicly a hard thing, becouse you need Painting, Culinary, Sculpting, Gardening and fishing when the first immortal is tipping to the other half of the elder stage... Training spouses isn't as easy as it seems. Rather have the 1st 2 max several skills and then have some careers like Inventing, music, acting etc...

1 question - Do different branches count as 2 different maxed jobs or not? (Actor and director for example)
Yes they do, but usually they have similar skills for the jobs, which makes it harder to superman different things.
Also, why do they need sculpting so early? It isn't necessary to have a sculpture of the sim before they eat ambrosia.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #2998 on: July 24, 2011, 02:46:11 AM »
Since there is no easy way to search this thread for what I'm after, I apologise if I'm repeating a question someone has already asked. Why does free will have to be set to high? Personally I hate micro-managing sims who keep trying to do their own thing when I have other things in mind!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2999 on: July 24, 2011, 05:56:11 AM »
Since there is no easy way to search this thread for what I'm after, I apologise if I'm repeating a question someone has already asked. Why does free will have to be set to high? Personally I hate micro-managing sims who keep trying to do their own thing when I have other things in mind!

All of the challenges on our forum are set at high free will.  It makes it more, well, challenging. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."