Author Topic: The Jack 'Short' Dynasty- Ch 73: Skyfall (COMPLETE!)  (Read 60628 times)

Offline Cainus

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Jack 'Short' Dynasty- Ch 68 & 69: You Get What You Ask For
« Reply #180 on: November 30, 2013, 07:46:18 PM »
Bye, Candy! I just love Tiff's new dress!
So, you’ll plan that this story will end as Wicked and Tifanny life’s end?

Indeed. Or close to it. I'll let you guys know when the END end is. I think it'd be kind of depressing to end on 'and then everyone died!' and even I'm not that uncaring.

Bye, Candy! Nimueh must be a reincarnated version of Ghostie or something.

I think so. They're weirdly similar  :o

Ch 70- More Time Travel and Death

Wicked gets another award. I think for making widgets. Whatever it is, it’s pretty big and going in the living room.

I think this gnome is trying to tell me that there really is a monster under the bed. That’s not creepy.

Me: “Another outfit?”

Wicked: “Yup.”

Me: “Gonna tell me how you got it?”

Wicked: “It involves dolphins and lasers.”

Me: “Man that could be anything.”

Our darling Booty passes away and I feel a bit better when even Death feels guilty and gives her a hug.

Plus that’s rad as heck. If I die, I want to go out like that.

Tiff consoles her daughter after the loss. Wicked would probably do it, but she’s not the easiest sim to get along with.

Oooo it’s that time, judging by the face!

Yup, the golden cuddle bear has gone grey.

Nimueh has a bit more company for her young adult birthday. Wicked may not be the most loving parent, but she is very supportive.

Me: “Wow, you look like Storm!”

Nimueh: “Who?”

Me: “Eh, never mind.”

Wicked: “Let…go…of…my…leg!”

Me: “Need help?”

Wicked: “No!”

Me: “Well fine. Get eaten by space squids if that‘s the way you‘re gonna be.”

Offline Cainus

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Jack 'Short' Dynasty- Ch 68 & 69: You Get What You Ask For
« Reply #181 on: November 30, 2013, 07:52:42 PM »
Ch 71- Plans

IG: “I shall best the creature that kicked me over!”

Zenyatta: “Fredrick, no! Don’t be a fool!”

Wicked: “Hey Watcher- a thought has occurred to me.”

Me: “Yeah, what’s up?”

Wicked: “Nim’s been an adult for a little while. Usually our family gets married right away. What’s going on?”

Me: “Well…it ends with you. The dynasty, I mean.”

Wicked: “You mean Nim can’t have kids?”

Me: “In this life, no, she won’t. But don’t worry, she’ll have a chance at another life if she wants. She’ll be alone and she won’t have this big house, but she’ll have more time and can do whatever she wants. She can even be part of another project if she chooses.”

Wicked: “Another project? You mean she might have to be tied down and raise 26 kids or something crazy, right?”

Me: “Ehhhhh I dunno about that one. I have someone else in mind if I want to do that.”

Wicked: “A Watcher’s help rarely comes without a price.”

Me: “Who tells you this stuff?”

Wicked: “Hyde wrote it down in a book and hid it under the mattress.”

Nimueh: “I don’t know mom, it’s kind of exciting! I could go to university like I wanted and learn all kinds of new things! Or meet the person of my dreams and raise a huge family!”

Wicked: “I suppose as long as Nim’s happy, I’ll be happy. But you’d better look after her when I’m gone.”

Me: “I super-special Watcher pinky promise that I will, okay?”

Wicked: “Swear to Katy Perry.”

Me: “What.”

Wicked: “Swear to Katy Perry that Nimueh will only be a part of whatever she wants to be. She won’t be roped into whatever crazy idea gets into your head.”

Me: “I swear…to…Katy Perry?”

Wicked: “Good. Then it’s settled.”

Nimueh may not get to do much in this life, but she does get to learn the science skill and play around with some new things.

She also keeps Tiff company when Wicked’s off doing her time traveller stuff.

Wicked: “Oh no…the elder sparkles. I thought I had more time!”

Me: “You look like a snow queen.”

Wicked: “Hush. I’d like my goggles back and my hair dyed please.”

Me: “Fine. Your hair’s too similar to your wife’s now anyway.”

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: The Jack 'Short' Dynasty- Ch 70 & 71: More Time Travel, Death, and Plans
« Reply #182 on: December 01, 2013, 03:32:57 PM »
Haha, swearing to Katy Perry, she really is a goddess is this Simverse.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Cainus

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Jack 'Short' Dynasty- Ch 70 & 71: More Time Travel, Death, and Plans
« Reply #183 on: December 01, 2013, 09:06:57 PM »
Haha, swearing to Katy Perry, she really is a goddess is this Simverse.

At least that's what Wicked thinks. Let's not tell her any different  ;)

Note: One short update today in preparation for larger finale tomorrow!

Ch 72- Nearing the Finish Line

The ghost of Booty makes its way through our yard. I feel kind of bad that she got the red not-as-happy ghost, but she did have a good life. It was just kind of short.

On a side note she made it from the graveyard to the bistro. Fast in life, fast in death I suppose.

Wicked gets another service award for something that I didn’t pay attention to. She also masters the handiness skill. We’re working on reaching the top of the inventing career but unfortunately the inventor’s bench has become a black hole of lag and she’d need $24k to make it to the next tier. It seems the file size is finally catching up to us.

Nimueh does this saluting thing while playing gnubb. I think this is for children of military parents, isn’t it?

She also uses her parents as test subjects on occasion.

Tiff masters the athletic skill through hard work alone. Good job, hun!

Wicked: “I win.”

Me: “Win what? Against who?”

Wicked: “Nothing.”

Me: “Did you win the time war? A space battle? Help the rebels defeat the empire? Are you ever going to tell me what the heck you get up to while you’re gone?”

Wicked: “No.”

Me: “Dang it.”

IG: “Blast! Another dread creature hath bested me!”

Zenyatta: “Fredrick! Noooooo!”

Wicked wants to learn the guitar skill and I decide ‘Eh, why not?’ She looks pretty neat doing it.

Me: “You got a forbidden fruit already?”

Nimueh: “Yup!”

Me: “And you caught a plasma beetle?”

Nimueh: “Yup!”

Me: “Dang. You’re pretty good at this.”

Nimueh: “I may have let a few radioactive bugs loose, though. Don’t tell my moms.”

Wicked may be a bit difficult to get along with, but she does apologize quickly (at least to Tiffanie and Nim. She never apologized to anyone else unless I made her). She and Tiffanie have never dipped below ‘best friends’ range on the meter.

Of course that may be due to all the flirting. Like- worse than Spooky and Keri level of flirting, which I didn’t think was humanly or simly possible before now.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
Re: The Jack 'Short' Dynasty- Ch 72: Nearing the Finish Line
« Reply #184 on: December 01, 2013, 11:07:33 PM »
68 - 72

Did the ghosts appear all at once when the full moon appear just like what you described in your story? I never try this myself, because I'm scared of Ghost who lurk around from their tombstone XP It's nice to see old recurring character but it's still scary! Do you have fun with that drill invention? That invention makes my Sims disturbed just when they sleeping XD Bye, Candy! Welcome Nimueh and I love Tif new dress!

Happy birthday Tiff. It's so sad that family member never get proper birthday! I mean, look! They just celebrating their birthday themselves XD More gnomes = more money XD I never had Burglar often visit my house. Happy birthday Ghostie eh... Nimueh!

Always nice to get free outfits unlocked from time travel. I wish that I never had another random child when I used that. Happy birthday for everyone!

Katy Perry already becomes their Goddess in this family. Even Wicked worship her so much XD

Ah, the finale will be soon here. So, there will be a goodbye soon. Hope good ending will included.  I'll look forward your next installment, Cainus! It has been fun reading your attempt this far :D
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Luna

• Silent Reader
  • Immortal
  • The time is always right to do what is right :)
« Reply #185 on: December 02, 2013, 12:09:01 AM »
Aah, the finale will be here soon. I wonder what kind of project that she would choose?
Just enjoy being yourself, you're unique, special and no one ever create story like you ♥ - Luna -

My story:
For The Children - Chapter 6: Adorable

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #186 on: December 02, 2013, 12:28:14 AM »
Noo! I'm sad the story is ending, but happy that you've completed a challenge! Congratulations in advance! This was definitely inspiring! :) I'm so glad to see Wicked living a happy life to it's fullest, forget the inventors career! She's earned her flirting time! :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Cainus

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #187 on: December 02, 2013, 03:23:19 PM »
Did the ghosts appear all at once when the full moon appear just like what you described in your story? I never try this myself, because I'm scared of Ghost who lurk around from their tombstone XP

They take a little while. It seems the busiest time is around 2 am, but even that much activity on a full moon is rare! I guess I just made the graveyard a bit packed.

Aah, the finale will be here soon. I wonder what kind of project that she would choose?

I don't know. I'm not even sure what project I'll pick next! But as a family-oriented genius I'm pretty sure that Nimueh would be helpful to almost anyone.

Note: The ending will be in 2 parts! In between there will be a break for a bit of reflecting.

Ch 73- Skyfall

*If you’re wondering about the title, it’s because the song of the same name was running through my head this entire update. The lyrics fit pretty well.

Nimueh celebrates her adult birthday.

And check out Wicked’s birthday face. All I can imagine her saying is some kind of “Hyyuugghh!” noise.

Yup, still the fairest in the land, Nim.

Nimueh: “Thank you!”

Me: “Hey, Hilda. We’re almost done. I can feel it.”

Bonehilda: “That’s great I guess.”

Me: “Fine. Don’t be excited for me.”

Bonehilda: “I’ll be excited when I can live in a mansion with my own maid and about 10 manservants.”

Me: “Fair enough.”

Just two old ladies making out on the front lawn. You know, like normal.

Wicked passes away during dinner that night and leaves a medium headstone. I’m sad, but a little relieved as the game was slowing down to the point where it was nearly unplayable.

Me: “Well Death- we’ve had our fights, but I felt like you and Bonehilda were the only constants in all of this. I’ll miss you buddy.”

Grim: “Does this mean I can’t hang out and watch TV?”

Me: “Sorry, I’ve got something that needs to be done.”

Grim: “Don’t we all. Safe travels, Watcher. May me meet again in another file.”

Me: “I’ll keep a couch open for yah.”

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #188 on: December 02, 2013, 03:33:41 PM »
RIP, Wicked. I wonder why Donehilda insists on 10 manserverts... lol.

Offline Cainus

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #189 on: December 02, 2013, 03:35:42 PM »
Intermission- The House

You've seen parts of it, and I know it's not the prettiest thing around, but I'd like to show you what we've collected over the ten generations of the Jack Family.

Here's the writing/art room, with the first paintings of almost everyone. Unfortunately Kittie's first painting was accidently deleted, so the large night shot was kept instead.

The main room including the claw machine, potions by Hocus and Hyde, a brilliant painting by Spooky, and Elias' fish and certificate.

Pumpkin's deathfish, shark and certificate, which have been around since forever.

The Wall O' Accomplishments, including all the heir's certificates, Spooky's first painting, Candy's trophies, one of Wicked's trophies and her first invention.

Candy's certificate and the mantle with a few of our back up gems.

The upstairs bedroom that includes a painting by Mary, a portrait of Kit by Kittie and Kit's athletic certificate.

And last but not least- the spouses' wall in the kitchen.

Yup. We collected a lot of junk. No wonder people make museums!

RIP, Wicked. I wonder why Bonehilda insists on 10 manserverts... lol.

She wants a lot of them. But not too many, I think, so ten seems like a nice round number.  ;)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #190 on: December 02, 2013, 03:46:06 PM »
Awww... Wicked... Nooo! This is so bittersweet! Man, look at that house though, completely decorated to the hilt in awesome achievements!

So will Nim be continuing on in another story maybe? I know this story hasn't even ended yet and I'm just too excited to find out if there will be another story to come!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #191 on: December 02, 2013, 03:47:24 PM »
Aw, I want to see Kit again, I'm in love him him xD

Offline Cainus

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #192 on: December 02, 2013, 03:57:59 PM »
Ch 74- Skyfall Part 2

Nimueh: “Wait, where am I? And what happened to my clothes? Where‘s my mom? Oh no, poor Tiff! She‘s all alone somewhere!”

Nimueh: “I hope someone’s home! Maybe they can tell me what happened.”

*Loud dog barking*

Nimueh: “Eek! Oh! Sorry I didn’t mean to barge in on you!”

Woman: “Oh don’t mind Rosie. She’s just enjoying being big and scary for once.”

Nimueh: “I don’t think I understand, but could you please help me? I just-”

Woman: “You feel like you just woke up standing on the front lawn? You wouldn’t also happen to feel a bit younger, now would you?”

Nimueh: “Now that you mention it, I feel like a young adult all over again. What’s going on?”

Woman: “Hey, I promised your mom you’d have a new life, right? Well, I’m making good on that promise and I wanted to be sure this is what you wanted. Come have a seat.”

Nimueh: “Watcher? You’re the Watcher?”

Cainus: “Sort of. Maybe closer to an avatar of the Watcher. A simpromophic representation. And this is my dog, Rosie. She’s actually an old Welsh Corgi, though.”

Nimueh: “Then why’s she a Doberman?”

Cainus: “She acts like she’s one. Plus it makes her happy.”

Cainus: “So what do you think of the house?”

Nimueh: “It’s…nice. Cozy. Is it yours?”

Cainus: “You’re kind. I know it’s small and kind of ugly, but actually it’s yours!”

Nimueh: “Oh! Well thank you. Where are we anyway?”

Cainus: “A little town called Riverview. I thought it wouldn‘t be too much of a change for you.”

Cainus: “And I know it’s your dream to get three degrees from University, so I gave you a little mother lode to help you out, since you don’t have your family money or investments anymore. You should have enough left over to fix up the place or buy a new house somewhere if you want.”

Nimueh: “This is all very kind, but what about my mom? She’s all alone in the big house! I have to go back to her.”

Cainus: “I just don’t think that’s a good idea.”

Nimueh: “What, why?”

Cainus: “How’s the story supposed to end, Nim? You stay with your mom in that house until she dies?”

Cainus: “…until it’s just you left alone with your grief in a house full of memories?”

Nimueh: “It’s the right thing to do.”

Cainus: “It’s the noble thing to do, but no, I can’t do that to either of us. I’ll sacrifice the point I could have gotten from her grave just so that won’t happen. You and her exist now together, frozen in time, but you also exist here, living a life of your own. She’s not alone.”

Cainus: “And now you have plenty of time, and you don’t have to be alone, either. Maybe you’ll meet some handsome genius at University and have a house full of kids! I know you’re family oriented.”

Nimueh: “You’re sure about all of this?”

Cainus: “Sure I’m sure!”

Cainus: “And after that’s all done, we can meet up again and discuss things. I have some other things I’d like to do and maybe you’d like to be a part of another project! There’s tons of lives yet to be led! Loads of adventures! Or maybe just the one. Who knows?”

Nimueh: “That sounds great. Thanks Wa-”

Nimueh: “Oh, someone’s at the door. Should I get it?”

*Baging on the door* Male Voice: “I know you’re in there, Watcher!”

Cainus: “Oh dear.”

Male Voice: “Where’s my daughter? Where’s Tatiana? You said you had something to do and now I can’t find either of them!”

Cainus: *Sigh* “That man has no patience. And he forgot to mention his wife. Again.”

Nimueh: “Friend of yours?”

Cainus: “More of a favored, yet wayward son. Come on, Rosie. Let’s get out of here before you bite him again. Good luck Nim, I know you‘ll be great, and I‘ll be close if you need me.”

Different male voice: “Excuse me, is this the Inculta residence?”

Male voice: “Yeah, who are you?”

Different male voice: “I’m looking for someone named Cainus. Have you seen her by chance?”

Male voice: “WHO ARE YOU?!”

Cainus: " Too many ideas, too many characters. *Sigh* What did I do to myself?”

Offline Cainus

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #193 on: December 02, 2013, 04:11:57 PM »
Okay, whew, that's pretty much everything! Thank you all for your patience while I got all that together.

Awww... Wicked... Nooo! This is so bittersweet! Man, look at that house though, completely decorated to the hilt in awesome achievements!

So will Nim be continuing on in another story maybe? I know this story hasn't even ended yet and I'm just too excited to find out if there will be another story to come!

There will be, I just haven't decided what exact one I'll be tackling next, or with which character. Two have kind of been trying to track me down so they can get THEIR stuff done, but I haven't made up my mind.

As always if anyone has any ideas about what insane project they'd like to see tackled or attempted, I'll give it a shot!

Aw, I want to see Kit again, I'm in love him him xD

He was awesome  :'(. Honestly I'd love to give a lot of characters more time, but then that's all  I would be doing for the next three months.

Last but not least, I'd love to give a shout-out to you commenters. Especially LivvieLove, Eld and Nettlejuice. I love you guys! It really made my day, every day, to see you guys comment and I don't think I would have had the guts to finish if it wasn't for your support and encouragement. You guys made this a wonderful, warm, welcoming place.

I'd also like to thank Niana for being my first commenter, because you have no idea how nervous I was about that.

And of course thank you to cndneh, who came up with this rule set and allowed me to finish my first project. It was a lot of fun and I hope to see more success with this idea in the future.

Final thoughts? Heh. I think I did pretty decently, but I could see how someone else could blow my final score out of the water. I got 75 points in total, far above my original goal of ten points. I would say that you should also focus on the spouses and work on their score, because for the first little while I didn't. Like, at all, and those points can add up! But really- just relax. Have fun. Enjoy the madness. And don't fear the reaper  :P

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
Re: The Jack 'Short' Dynasty- Ch 73: Skyfall (COMPLETE!)
« Reply #194 on: December 02, 2013, 04:22:08 PM »
Wow, I actually just finished reading your thread as you finished writing it! It sucked me in for the last couple of hours and I couldn't look away.

Congratulations on finishing the challenge!

My favorites were Kit and Wicked and Katy Perry. She was like a member of your household. And I laughed so much at the zombie on the trampoline!

You've reminded me not to micro manage so much when it comes to simming and let free will do it's thing. I really enjoyed your writing style and I'm very much looking forward to your next project.

I vote for using Kit as the founder though ;)

ETA: I also had to go download the Katy Perry poster from the store.