Author Topic: The Jack 'Short' Dynasty- Ch 73: Skyfall (COMPLETE!)  (Read 60637 times)

Offline Cainus

• Llama Wrangler
Ch 31- The Girls Have a Visitor

Mary is sticking to what she said to Hyde and though she cares for the infants, she stays away from diaper duty.

Of course you can’t leave her alone with them for too long. Mary- go paint something and get the kid away from that fireplace. It’s making me nervous.

The birth of the twins hasn’t put a damper on Keri and Spooky’s love. In fact they wish for another child pretty quickly. Nah, guys, that’s just a bit too chaotic for me. Sorry.

Kendrick Woodall, our resident annoying zombie for quite some time, decides to pass away on the front porch. Rude.

Hey, you. No. Stay away from the baby heir.

Grim: “I like this one. She’ll be pretty and crazy with a head of fire.”

That’s…nice. I think. Please put the baby down.

Death I know we’re cool now but you know you aren’t part of this family, right? Right? Hello?

….well I guess we could adopt you. Maybe.

Oh thank goodness, you put the baby back before you went poof. Though you left the TV on and woke up Pocus.

And do Death and Bonehilda know each other? I know I should be worried about how this is going to affect the twins’ development, but they do have a skeleton nanny/housekeeper and they’re already insane, so there’s not that much more damage that can be done.

After that strange night, it’s toddler time! Both girls age up into rabbit jammies and while Pocus gets her dad’s/grandpa’s/great-grandma’s hair, Hocus takes more after her mother and has the bright orange-red.

The sparkles go after Spooky next and he ages up into adult.

Yeah, you’re still lookin’ good, kid.

It’s that time again! Oh, Pocus, don’t tell your mom about what happened. She’s pretty accepting but I think she’d lose faith in me as a Watcher if she knew that I let Death keep her baby up all night.

Spooky works on Hocus’ skills before he has to leave for work at the police department. He’s such a nice, stable guy. It’s kind of giving the house an Addam’s Family vibe…you know, kind of scary looking, live in a creepy house, but the parents are super in-love and they’re very accepting and kind?

I don’t think Mary would work as Uncle Fester, though.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
Hmm, why he end up as Frog? Did someone cast a spell on him?
Wow! You're lucky to find the one and only just by first meet. My Sim like that also and that make me officially make someone that she has attraction for the first time was the Sim that she chose!
Welcome Keri ;)

30\
Bye, Hyde! I'll miss you and your clothes! I’m still hoping that the clothes will come back though ::)
Welcome Hocus & Pocus! Hahaha, I always laughing when I saw Katy Perry. Man, I believe Katy is not only the part of the household but their Watcher who they worship. Oh, no to think that Jack Dynasty has such a cult  ::)

Don’t expect something good without a sacrifice from Mary. Mary take care the baby and the payment is the candy! Haha, that screenshot mistaken me from first time, I thought Grim is the part of the family! When I look carefully that was the baby Plumbob!
You know? According to The Sims 1 and Sims Wikia, Bonehilda has crush on Grim. Maybe they should be end up together and retired from reaping soul.
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
When it comes to the Super Popular LTW I was able to complete it (on short) with a crapton of those friendship elixirs and the Legendary Host LTR. It's not too hard when you have a party, invite the max amount of people, start lining them up for elixirs and those who don't make it will simply gain a large boost from coming to your legendary party. Rinse. Repeat the following day and I was able to nab that LTW in two days.

Hopefully that helps!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Grim really is attracted to your family, if it's the same one. Goodbye, Hyde, I'll miss you =[ Welcome to the madness Hocus and Pocus.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Cainus

• Llama Wrangler
Hmm, why he end up as Frog? Did someone cast a spell on him?

Haha, that screenshot mistaken me from first time, I thought Grim is the part of the family! When I look carefully that was the baby Plumbob!
You know? According to The Sims 1 and Sims Wikia, Bonehilda has crush on Grim. Maybe they should be end up together and retired from reaping soul.

Hyde turned himself into a frog while trying to mix potions, and sorry to confuse you! It was such a strange thing that I was worried he was going to leave the baby on the floor at 2 am and was keeping a careful eye on her.

That would be a really neat story to do! Grim and Hilda retired and trying to live out their lives as normal sims.

When it comes to the Super Popular LTW I was able to complete it (on short) with a crapton of those friendship elixirs and the Legendary Host LTR. It's not too hard when you have a party, invite the max amount of people, start lining them up for elixirs and those who don't make it will simply gain a large boost from coming to your legendary party. Rinse. Repeat the following day and I was able to nab that LTW in two days.

Hopefully that helps!

Dang! You know I didn't even think of the friendship elixirs to help Keri? I just got caught up in getting everyone else skilling. Throwing a party never occurred to me either. That trick would also have been handy a little further down the road. One of the problems with playing so far ahead. Live and learn I suppose, and people can learn from my mistakes.  :P

Grim really is attracted to your family, if it's the same one. Goodbye, Hyde, I'll miss you =[ Welcome to the madness Hocus and Pocus.

I have no idea why, but Grim almost always hangs out. It's never really happened to me before, though him making the cooing baby noises is something I'm not going to forget anytime soon.

Ch 32- Oh Insanity, How I’ve Missed You

Peanut, you jerk! Go home! And stop growling at Mary!  >:(

Wait, why’s my camera moving? I have a dog to yell at!

Oh, Keri’s aging up into adult. All right then. Happy birthday, hun! And the twins are aging up too! Do I have…I guess I forgot pictures of that.

Anyway, here’s Hocus as a child. She gets what seems to be the family’s blue eyes, while Pocus gets her dad’s/grandma’s goldish ones.

Mary passes away that night and leaves a medium headstone. I have no doubt that she’s lording that over all the other ghosts at the graveyard while pretending not to notice those with large headstones.

I didn’t have her adopt another helper after all because I wasn’t sure that I wanted Mary in charge of a child, and we can add to the household later when the twins are older. Spooky and Keri have been wanting another child, anyway.

Pocus meets a friend and she’s been coming over every day after school. No one seems to mind.

The fridge has been inexplicably full of canned soup and bread and jam, while ice cream has been left out on the counter. I’d blame Pocus’ friend but I haven’t seen her making anything. Is this it? Am I finally going crazy after so many people in the thread have told me not to?  I’m going to keep watch on the fridge at night just to see what’s happening.

Oh, it’s Bonehilda. Huh. She only started doing this after I installed Ambitions. Strange. And I’m throwing away all the Brain Freeze  a la mode because I don’t want anyone to catch the zombie.  Hyde left us some cure potions (he also left us an Angry Bee potion for ‘just in case’) but I’d rather not take the chance.

The girls do homework in the front yard like we don’t have a very nice dinner table inside that they could be using.

Hocus gets the teen sparkle outside while playing Gnubb with her mom. Okay, what horrible teen fashion am I going to have to stare at the for the next four days?

Well. Um. That’s not so bad. Though the second she hits YA we’re changing the hair.

Pocus ages up inside in her bathing suit. *Sigh*.

Pocus gains the neat trait while Hocus gains Lucky. Nothing that points to skills, so I decide ‘eh, you’re insane like you’re grandpa, so you get to learn his skill’.

Hocus: “What if I decide to be an angler? Or an equestrian?”

Me: “Well then I guess we can deal with it later. We’ll see what happens on your birthday.”

Pocus starts a very small rooftop garden so that we can have a more constant supply of alchemy ingredients, or at least of the ones that are easy to grow.

I also decide that now that the girls are older, we can welcome in another helper to the household. The newest addition is Candle Jack and he’s an excitable angler.

Oh, I forgot that you get a few days off when you adopt a child. Which means Spooky now has a few less days in which to earn a promotion.

Dang it, me.

Offline Cainus

• Llama Wrangler
Ch 33- Weren’t You Teenagers Like 3 Seconds Ago?

We need someone to cook and Candle isn’t old enough to. Keri does the repairs and works, Spooky works and trains in logic, Hocus is tied to the alchemy bench…

Sorry Pocus. Just the way it has to be.

Is it that time already?

Spooky: “Well, yeah, my kids are almost grown.”

Me: “Man, time is going by way too quickly.”

Spooky: *laughs* “I think I’m supposed to be the one saying that.”

Spooky has a few days off and there’s an empty house with everyone at school/work, so we invite over some chess opponents.

With some breaks for ice cream.

Would you guys please stop aging up in front of objects so I can get a proper picture?

Ah well. Happy birthday, Keri.

With Hocus reaching the end of her teen days, it’s nearing spouse-hunting time. We invite over Santiago, an acquaintance from high school, and while there’s no attraction hearts I rule him a decent candidate. There aren’t very many eligible males around and while we’ll check in with them….

I’d like to save some time, and talking your way into friendship is for lamers who don’t know alchemy.

We also check in with a guy on Pocus’ friends list. Again no hearts. And a few random guys around town. Nothing from anyone. Ah well, at least we know who’s out there and we can check again when Hocus ages up.

Which happens fairly quickly. What did I say about aging up in front of objects?!

Is no one listening?

Okay, Candle, you kind of listened. Thanks.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: The Jack 'Short' Dynasty- Ch 32 & 33: Weren't You Teens Like 3 Seconds Ago?
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2013, 06:07:20 PM »
Oh my gosh, the amount of birthdays in that chapter is insanity! Haha they should call the short dynasty the "Insanity x1000 Dynasty"! Oh my gosh! Haha it's so incredibly fun watching everything change so quickly! So here we go!
Happy birthday Spooky, Keri, Hocus, Pocus and Candle! (x2 for some haha) Phew! Good luck!

Oh, and yeah friendship elixirs are so easy too, just a Red Valarian Root which you can grow without any gardening skill, super nice. You can go potent if you want (just keep a bee hive around for the combs), but I figured my Sims were moving so fast and dying so quickly that it wouldn't be worth it having 20 best friends. I only go for the amount to supermax the skill. :) Hopefully if you have another Super Popular Sim you'll have an easier time!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2013, 05:27:27 AM »
It was just three seconds ago that they were teens x.x I don't know how you do it, it would drive me mad, lol. Oh no, Spooky is already an elder and RIP, Mary.

Offline Cainus

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2013, 06:49:27 PM »
[Snipped]
Hopefully if you have another Super Popular Sim you'll have an easier time!

Thank you for trying to help me out  :). Sometimes I get really nervous that people are judging how I'm doing (I'm just a worrier by nature), but I really do appreciate how nice and helpful everyone is around here.

It was just three seconds ago that they were teens x.x I don't know how you do it, it would drive me mad, lol. Oh no, Spooky is already an elder and RIP, Mary.

Heh, well it's only for a little while, but I am looking forward to playing around with normal lifespans again. I think I'm going to feel like everything is taking FOREVER though.

Ch 34- I Was Not Expecting This

Last time on the Jack Dynasty- everyone aged up. Which happens a lot.

I may finally have to break my ‘no teen makeovers’ rule because no. That is….just no, Candle.

Hocus gained the brave trait, which altogether makes her brave, family-oriented (another thing she shares with her grandfather), lucky, clumsy and insane. Her LTW list was all career oriented aside from one, which is feasible, though I’m dreading it: Surrounded by Family. Something we can probably do, but I’m going to have to start kicking people out of the house.

Pocus ends up being an insane, clumsy, neat, savvy sculptor and vehicle enthusiast. Her LTW is….Gold Digger. I didn’t even expect that to be an option, so of course I picked it.

Time for young adult makeovers. Let’s do that instead of thinking of how I’m going to fit all these people into my house.

Here’s Hocus’ new hair and makeup, but I’m going to need an outfit that says “slightly unstable and will throw an elixir at you at a moments notice, but also good with children”.

Eh, I think that’ll do.

So similar and yet so different, these two. And it’s romance day. I think I’ve made up my mind about who we’re going after.

Santiago, I chose you! Er, I mean Hocus chooses you. To start a family with. You’re cool with kids, right? Lots and lots of kids? Right away?

And also maybe a little bit of insanity? And a skeleton maid? We should really write up a disclaimer or something.

Eh he’s fine. Go have fun upstairs, you two. Hocus has already started popping wishes for babies and I don’t mind. Stop by the dresser on your way out.

Here’s Santiago up close. The dark hair may end our line of ginger babies, which I’ll be sad to see.

Pocus gets started on sculpting and decides to do it in her formal attire. I checked Santiago and he wants to be a professional author while of course having no actual points in the writing skill. Ah well. He also hates the outdoors and is a supernatural fan.

Hocus takes over the garden because she gets up at dawn anyway.

Keri and Spooky still flirt so often that it can keep Bonehilda from doing her job. They don’t even care that they’re blocking the hallway.

Welp, I guess that means kids are on their way. We have six people in the house (Keri and Spooky, Hocus and Santiago, Candle, and Pocus), which would be about perfect if we were doing things normally but with Hocus’ LTW we may have change things around.

Man. I don’t want to kick anyone out. Let’s just wait a bit and see what happens.

Offline Cainus

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2013, 06:57:04 PM »

Ch 35- What Are You Even Doing

The family has some bonding time in the mornings, though Spooky looks like he’s having a bit of trouble.

This is what I get to look at while the others are at school/work. Three people skilling. Ah well.

Hyde’s last gifts to the family were a food replicator and some key lime pie (Spooky’s favorite). It has finally run out. Of course when I say finally, that means in sim-time it has lasted from when Hyde was an elder to his son being an elder. Not bad at all.

Scully’s gifts were a bunch of oddly-named books. That first part may be my fault.

Santi- what? Is it because it’s a full moon and you’re a supernatural fan? I’ve never had one of those, just seemed like an odd trait to pick. Don’t tell me I’m going to have to manage you and two lunatics tonight.

While I figure out what the heck’s wrong with Santiago, Candle (who gets to be in a boring suit because I couldn’t stand his teen outfit) and Keri are enjoying some family time in the living room. You know what, Santi? Just go hang out with them for a while.

There. That’s better. Now I can focus on keeping Hocus and Pocus on their work and I’ll just look it up real quick…yeah it’s the supernatural fan trait. The things you learn.

No, bad Santi! Bad! Why are you trying to lunatic embrace your father-in-law? I know he’s a nice guy but I don’t think he’s up for that.

Another zombie dies on our front porch. The small section in the graveyard I have dubbed ‘random people who’ve died at the house’ grows that much larger.

Really? You woke up to freak out? You know that’s an insane sim sleeping perfectly fine right there in bed. *Sigh* This is gonna be a loooooong generation.

I have to say, I think the claw machine is a great investment. I’ve gotten everything from five dollar toys to money bags worth several thousand dollars, but so far this takes the cake: a star pink diamond worth over seven thousand dollars. Thanks to this pick courtesy of Candle, we can now purchase the graveyard that I’ve been saving up for.

Oh and if you see it again in screen shots it’s because it may have become a bit glitched. I took it out of Candle’s inventory to get a picture, put it back and then slid it over to the box to sell it. And then it moved right back to the mantle. I assumed it hadn’t worked and kept a close eye on the family’s money while doing it again, and it added another 7 grand before again moving back to it’s spot on the mantle.

So I got an extra seven grand through dubious (though unintentional) means.

The money was used to class up the family graveyard a little, since adding extra money to the graveyard once you place the mausoleum to get it to three stars doesn’t do you much good (I think. I‘m pretty sure).  Here it is about halfway finished. I still need to add some flowers and finish the fence.

After spending the accidently-gained money on the graveyard I considered the matter closed and let the pink diamond be. It can be a shiny centerpiece I suppose.

And man, you two. “Oh, TV went out, better flirt.”

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
Re: The Jack 'Short' Dynasty- Ch 34 & 35: What Are You Even Doing?
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2013, 07:56:00 PM »
Aww, goodbye scary Mary. You shall be missed! Happy birthday to everyone who has sparkles and wrinkles ::)  Welcome Candle! You always have interesting names for your Sims!

Happy birthday to everyone! Man, that was totally chaos! I wonder how you can still stay sane after all what happened to you :D

Haha, kinda remind me of Pokemon :P

That was spooky, when Bonehilda blocking their way. Spooky, indeed!

Sometime game gives us weird things. I have so many weird things happen in my game as well -_-
It's nice to see there are three medium gravestones. Go, everyone! May one of you be lucky to have a big tombstone someday ;D
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2013, 12:37:23 AM »
Ooh, surrounded by family's going to be a tough one to fulfill at this speed!! As is gold-digger - oh, does it work if you marry a ghost?? I'm not sure, but it might be interesting to check. I've never played that LTW cause it seems... mean, somehow , and I'm too soft :P

As for the pink diamond, it's a glitch where something doesn't always sell if the game is on pause - it'll disappear if you sell it with the game clock running, I'm fairly sure... unless of course you want to keep it as a decoration, still.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2013, 04:21:59 AM »
Wow, Spooky and Keri are still at it, good for them, it's sweet to see that. Oh, the full moon, poor Santiago.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2013, 11:53:04 AM »
I just played the Golddigger LTW (I was working my way through all LTW's but like Niana I don't like it because its seems mean...) However I achieved it by having the really old person marry a young person and the young person was there as the old person died, and before Grimm took her the wish completed.  Also Surrounded by Family LTW shouldn't be too hard... since adopted children count towards this LTW, just saying. ;)

Offline Cainus

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2013, 02:10:08 PM »
It's nice to see there are three medium gravestones. Go, everyone! May one of you be lucky to have a big tombstone someday ;D

Here's to hoping!  ;D

As for the pink diamond, it's a glitch where something doesn't always sell if the game is on pause - it'll disappear if you sell it with the game clock running, I'm fairly sure... unless of course you want to keep it as a decoration, still.

I've had that happen and made sure to place it back in his inventory with the clock running. It was just an ultra-stubborn item that didn't want to leave! Ah well. It worked itself out, I just like being as forthcoming as possible when things happen.

Wow, Spooky and Keri are still at it, good for them, it's sweet to see that. Oh, the full moon, poor Santiago.

Hocus is the least insane insane sim that I've played (she just occasionally talks to herself and likes wearing her bathing suit), while Santiago is the most insane non-insane sim that I've played. I really have to watch him when that full moon rises.

I just played the Golddigger LTW (I was working my way through all LTW's but like Niana I don't like it because its seems mean...) However I achieved it by having the really old person marry a young person and the young person was there as the old person died, and before Grimm took her the wish completed.  Also Surrounded by Family LTW shouldn't be too hard... since adopted children count towards this LTW, just saying. ;)

I've done Gold Digger before (not Heartbreaker though- I'm terrible at not being obvious), and really it wouldn't be too hard with all the elders we have running around town, but it would mean a very full house. Eh, Surrounded by Family I'm just dreading because it means all baby all the time and I'm not exactly a baby person. All puppies all the time I could probably deal with much better. Or foals.

Ch 36- I Finally Kick Someone Out of the House

Yeah, I finally decided to move Pocus out of the house. She and Hocus were probably going to pass away at the same time, so it made sense to keep the younger (and family oriented) Candle around.

Don’t worry, we set her up with a cute 2-bedroom. I’m sure she’ll be fine. Also that pink diamond disappeared, so I guess that’s settled.

And Hocus went into labor at the alchemy bench. A little while later we had-

Another set of twin girls! Generation 7 is heir Bones and her sister Wolfie. Bones is a clumsy virtuoso. On a side note, both parents had wished for boys.

But I think they’ll have ample opportunity to get one. We do have three more kids to go.

This is probably the most fun-filled wish for a married couple. Well, aside from the screaming, pooping kids part. And the listening to all that kids music for me.

I’m always happy when the grandparents last long enough to see their grandkids.

I think previously only Clara lived to see them, but this time around Spooky and Keri get to share in the cuddle time.

Of course nothing lasts forever, especially around here. And yeah, that’s Candle hitting his young adult birthday as Keri passes away. I think the tally for birthday/ death day has to be around 5.

Keri regretfully didn’t accomplish her lifetime wish of 20 friends, nor did she master charisma, but she looks pretty happy for Candle. Bye Keri! You were great, and thanks for fixing the TV so many times. I’m sorry I didn’t think of having Hocus make friendship elixirs for you. I’m a dink sometimes.

What is…no. Candle, you look like a Bond villian. You’re going back in the suit and top hat.

When Spooky’s not at work or working on logic, he’s playing gnubb. I kind of wish we had more gnomes around because watching them poof around and play gnubb is pretty cute.

Hocus masters alchemy and then changes into her maternity wear. Kid 3 and possibly 4 is on the way.

I wonder if anyone ran plan ‘have five children’ by Candle? He’s had to wake up a couple of times to give bottles and change diapers.

Eh, he’ll be fine.

You okay there, Hocus? Pregnancy making you cranky? Go down a bliss potion, I’m sure that’ll make you feel better.

Spooky passes away after a work conference. Don’t worry, there were plenty of strangers around to gawk and mourn for him. Bye, buddy! You were a sweetheart and no trouble whatsoever. I can’t say that about a lot of people in this dynasty.

Despite not earning his LTW of Dynamic DNA Profiler, Spooky leaves a medium headstone and generation 5 is officially put to rest. We’re halfway there.