Author Topic: The Jack 'Short' Dynasty- Ch 73: Skyfall (COMPLETE!)  (Read 60669 times)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: The Jack 'Short' Dynasty- Ch 15- In Which I Kind of Plan Ahead on Something
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2013, 02:36:16 PM »
Teaching two toddlers in two days? o.o I can imagine it would take five sims to do it lol. Maybe Bonehilda is on strike from all the times people have bashed her constant toddler/pets interactions?
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2013, 02:47:47 PM »
I think that I don't have any problem at all. More update soon, more entertainment for me. You know that I love reading story ;D

That was so scary moment if I was the nooboo there. I would have a worst nightmare because some skeleton staring at me. Haha, it seems that Kit has naughty side of him and he didn't want you to know. Aww, Kit peeking into other personal life is bad you know... Look at his guilty face! Nice capture anyway! Just looking at her, Clara remind me of Agnes Crumplebottom with some modification!

Sometimes our Sims is more reliable than NPC that happens to be a police! I had my burglar before and the police are beaten up by the burglar and guess what? My Elder Sim beaten up the burglar for good! He didn't even have any athletic skill to begin with. Tsk tsk tsk.

Is eating fruit reliable enough for the outcome, Cainus? Just wondering. And that was quick, everyone grow so fast!
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Cainus

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2013, 02:52:13 PM »
Teaching two toddlers in two days? o.o I can imagine it would take five sims to do it lol. Maybe Bonehilda is on strike from all the times people have bashed her constant toddler/pets interactions?

Yup. Toddler stage lasts two days, which isn't much time but I can get it done if I have a family oriented sim and one helper around. This dynasty is really teaching me how to streamline things.

Poor Bonehilda- she's just trying to help  :-\. Though her pet interactions can get really annoying, especially if she won't even let them eat!

I think that I don't have any problem at all. More update soon, more entertainment for me. You know that I love reading story ;D

That was so scary moment if I was the nooboo there. I would have a worst nightmare because some skeleton staring at me. Haha, it seems that Kit has naughty side of him and he didn't want you to know. Aww, Kit peeking into other personal life is bad you know... Look at his guilty face! Nice capture anyway! Just looking at her, Clara remind me of Agnes Crumplebottom with some modification!

With the hair she does remind me of Agnes, but after a while it stopped being "Agnes' hair" and started being "Clara's hair" for me. And the poor nooboos around my house. They have to get used to so many strange things.

Sometimes our Sims is more reliable than NPC that happens to be a police! I had my burglar before and the police are beaten up by the burglar and guess what? My Elder Sim beaten up the burglar for good! He didn't even have any athletic skill to begin with. Tsk tsk tsk.

Is eating fruit reliable enough for the outcome, Cainus? Just wondering. And that was quick, everyone grow so fast!

Haha! That would have been a great moment to see! And it only takes 6 days to go from baby to teenager around here, so it does go by very quickly.

Hmmm...well it works out for me most of the time, so long as I remember to actually have them eat the fruit. That part is kinda crucial.

Ch 18- Skilling and Momentary Mass Panic

Mother and daughter work on painting in the living room. Apple really takes after her mom, if you excuse the fact that Kittie is a daredevil car enthusiast while Apple looks like she does school bake sales and drives kids to soccer practice.

That and Kittie has been doing this for a tiny bit longer. Kittie’s sitting at an 8 in painting and guitar. Hopefully those last 2 points in each will not prove to be impossible.

Skully gets to work on her writing and starts a sci fi novel that is in no way Star Trek fan fiction.

And Clara upsets the whole house with the news that the baby is indeed, coming. The only one who wasn’t present to freak out was Skully, who was in her parent’s room on the computer.

Clara: “Awww thank you for being so concerned, everyone. I guess I’ll take a broom to the hospital now. Spider, could you join me in a bit after you stop making that face? Thank you dear.”

Welcome to the family, Hyde! We now officially have a full house and I wonder how long Vicente plans on hanging around. We receive news that Billy Herron and Clara’s dad/Kit’s partner at work/Kittie’s one-time mark Marvin Hoffman have passed on, but Vicente’s still going strong somehow.

I’m trying not to be bitter, but it’s never the ones that you want to live forever, is it?

Vicente retired the day he peaked on his age bar, and he’s taken to playing the guitar for Skully. I’m not sure if she’s annoyed or if she enjoys the company/music.

The sparkles attack Kittie and I’m amazed that Clara can look excited and serene at the same time. And hey- Kittie still looks pretty good as an elder. What do you think, Vicente?

I think he approves.

As is tradition, the sparkles come in swarms and Clara ages up to adult.

Awww you two are making me all sentimental about when you were young and cute and how you’re still so excited about life. Stop it.

Offline Cainus

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Jack 'Short' Dynasty- Ch 16 & 17: I Sense a Disturbance in the Force
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2013, 02:59:42 PM »

Ch 19- We Finally Have a Car

Kit almost never has a bad day. In fact the only time he’s EVER had a bad day was when his partner/ best friend Marvin Hoffman happened to pass away while they were both at the gym.

But he got over it after a little after-dark fishing.

Kit also earns us our first and only actual car.

The house has gotten so full that loner Vicente plays outside just so that he can be by himself. He comes in to eat, shower and help out with Hyde.

On a side note, those guitars are like a siren’s song to sims. They will forgo eating and showering just to stand around and listen. It makes me wonder exactly how far down their meter would have to go before free will would save them from soothing tunes.

Little Hyde ages up to toddler and he’s a red head! Aww I think he got his mom’s hair and his dad’s eyes. So cute. Say, what’d he get for traits, anyway? Friendly and insane? Well…I guess it had to happen eventually. I’ll be sure not to try too hard on his PJ’s, as we’ll probably never be seeing them.

And toddler time means TTS (Team Toddler Skills) is once again called in. I hope someone gets the family oriented trait because that thing helps immensely. Hyde gets taught everything in one day thanks to his dad and Vicente.

Aww looks like it’s that time for Spider, too.

Hey Clara, get in here! It’s birthday time! Clara? Cllllaaaaarrraaaaa.

….

Well okay then.

My cute boys have gone grey and slumped.

Skully ages up to YA and I head her over for some mirror and dresser time.

There we go. Not quite as costumey as some of the others, but it says ‘writer’ to me and fits her personality.

Apple looks so much like a 50’s suburban mom that I decide she can stay that way. What traits did the girls end up with? Skully got computer whiz, nice! And Apple-

….

Kleptomaniac.

Apple is a clumsy, grumpy, artistic, hopeless romantic kleptomaniac.
You know how certain trait sets will just spell something out for you? Like Kittie has ‘rock star’ plastered on her face, Evil/charismatic/ schmoozer is one set, then you have the athletic/brave/good combo. Apple just kind of spells ‘hot mess’.

Time to sign her up for the thief career! Hope you don’t die, sweety!

Or get caught by your uncle. That would be embarrassing.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
I would love to play a sim with Apple's traits, it sounds like it'd be a lot of fun! In the previous post, the last shot looks like Kittie is waving the fish around ^_^ Skully is gorgeous.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
Mother and daughter really have different taste of art, I prefer the daughter. That painting is so adorable, haha!
Welcome, Hyde! He reminds me of a Japanese musician. Well, at least glad to know everybody was happy in this totally chaos ;D

Skully looks better with makeover! Aww, too bad no Katy Perry? She usually lurk around and photobombing sweet moment, lol. Look forward to see Apple in action! Kleptomaniac is a trait that fun to play with. Hope that she 'borrow' a lot so she can contribute more to the family, especially a car would be a nice addition :P

My Stories:

Offline Cainus

• Llama Wrangler
I would love to play a sim with Apple's traits, it sounds like it'd be a lot of fun! In the previous post, the last shot looks like Kittie is waving the fish around ^_^ Skully is gorgeous.

It does look like she has the shark by the tail, now that I look at it. Heh. The things I never noticed.

Mother and daughter really have different taste of art, I prefer the daughter. That painting is so adorable, haha!
Welcome, Hyde! He reminds me of a Japanese musician. Well, at least glad to know everybody was happy in this totally chaos ;D

Skully looks better with makeover! Aww, too bad no Katy Perry? She usually lurk around and photobombing sweet moment, lol. Look forward to see Apple in action! Kleptomaniac is a trait that fun to play with. Hope that she 'borrow' a lot so she can contribute more to the family, especially a car would be a nice addition :P

I really wish I had more time to play with Apple and give her a chance to shine. I got kind of...distracted.

And if I had thought about 'borrowing' more things, Skully and Apple would have made a great tag-team. Kleptomaniac twin sister robbery!

Ch 20- I Start to Hate Death a Little Bit

Hyde ages up to child and gains the family oriented trait. I’m not sure that I wanted the insane one to get it, but hey, I’ll take what I can get.

Man there is no question about whose kid that is.

Heh. Looks like I named someone correctly.

Vicente and Apple have a spat and thus solidify my theory about who’s his favorite child. It’s okay Apple, your mom still likes you plenty.

A full moon rises and I wonder if we’re going to continue the trend of Stuff Happening.

Vicente finally regretfully passes away that night after dinner. I really could have worked on his guitar skill some more and earned a point, but I just got into the habit of not trying with him because I guessed that he would pass away much, much sooner. So that’s definitely one thing I could improve upon.

Kittie deals with her husband’s passing in her own way.

Spider chats with our guest. The girls also seem interested in him, but Death leaves before he can be too pestered.

The next full day is dedicated to skills, since Kittie’s sitting at about a nine and ¾ in painting and I want to-

Wait. No. No no no no no! I WAS SO CLOSE.

Death…YOU UTTER AND COMPLETE WAD. You take Vicente at 35-36 days and yet Kittie you take right at 29-30?

SHE WAS LIKE AN HOUR FROM MASTERING PAINTING. GIVE ME ANOTHER DAY AND SHE WOULD HAVE MAXED GUITAR AND GOTTEN HER LTW. YOU COMPLETE JERK. I WILL FIND YOU AND TURN YOU INTO A GOLD STATUE FOR THE FRONT LAWN. THE FORUM SHOWED ME HOW.

Grim: “I take appointments only as they come.”

Me: “I don’t care! I usually give you guys a break, since I know you’re just doing what you’re supposed to, but she was a whole age group behind Vicente and he passed away yesterday! And what about Vita, huh? If you show your hooded face around here again I’ll-”

Grim: “You have no power here, Watcher. I know you cannot use cheats.”

Me: “Only until the 10th Gen, buddy.”

Grim: “You wouldn’t want to compromise your precious save file for some petty revenge, would you?”

Me: “….and if I did it in another file it’d be like a different reaper anyway. I guess we’re stuck with each other. Jerk. You're lucky I'm paranoid.”

*Sigh* Another generation down, and with my lowest amount of points yet. At least we managed to fully upgrade Crystal Springs, we haven’t failed, and there’s more generations to come. It isn’t over yet.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Cainus

• Llama Wrangler
Ch 21- The Jerk Comes Back

They came in together…

…and it doesn’t take long before they join each other. Kit passes away that morning after reaching level 6 in his career and mastering athletics. He doesn’t count towards points, but I do what I can, even with the spares.

Clara, I know he’s been around a lot lately but he isn’t family. You know that, right?

…right?

Oh and Hyde’s having his teen birthday! It won’t be long before he’s grown and-

What.

This. This is it. We’ve reached peak crazy. I’m sure others have seen worse, but I think this takes the cake for me. No wonder poor Hyde came out insane.

Skully get in here you have to see this!

Skully: “I’ll be there in a minute! I just need to finish up this chapter first.”

She missed it, but it looks like we can get started on plan “Keep It in the Family”. No, wait, that sounds terrible. I would like to point out that they aren’t actually related by blood in any way. Hyde is the son of an adopted kid who was adopted by another adopted kid. Just making sure we’re clear on that.

Let’s call it plan “More Ginger Babies.” Yeah, that’s good.  You cool with this, Clara?

Yeah she’s fine.

Clara has her elder birthday and still manages to pull off that hair somehow. I could have changed it, but it’s just so…her.

And you two are still cuties.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: The Jack 'Short' Dynasty- Ch 20 & 21: I Start to Hate Death a Little
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2013, 03:14:11 PM »
Oh my gosh I've missed so much! You're really coming along well on this! Woo! Go Hyde and Skully!

Haha family trees can be a mess, it happens, you just do what you gotta do. :)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2013, 04:08:45 PM »
Ah, family trees, don't get me started xD RIP Kit QQ

Offline Cainus

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2013, 01:49:36 PM »
Oh my gosh I've missed so much! You're really coming along well on this! Woo! Go Hyde and Skully!

Haha family trees can be a mess, it happens, you just do what you gotta do. :)

Heh they can be  :). I just wanted Spider and Clara's genetics in the family because they've been so much help and they're so darn cute.

No worries on getting behind. You're a busy lady!

Ah, family trees, don't get me started xD RIP Kit QQ

I can imagine. And Kit will be missed. Him and his scruff and terrible hair and ability to attract almost every female in the game (seriously attraction hearts everywhere).

Ch. 22- Scary Mary

Okay, so I know I kind of pre-destined you two, but I’m starting to think you’re actually a pretty good match.

Spider leaves us after many years days of service, and I have to get someone else to learn cooking. Thanks for all your help good buddy.

With the older generation leaving us and the house starting to empty, I think it’s time to adopt another random kid.

Welcome, Mary! Now you may be wondering why I named her Mary (and you think the title gives it away) but there is a rather famous ghost with that name as well.

Mary kind of creeps me out. I’m not sure why. She’s an ambitious, clumsy gatherer, which isn’t the best combo but it’ll help when it comes to finding gems.

Adult birthday time! Wow, um, Skully- you okay there?

Whew, you’re fine. Time for your sister to age up!

Yup, still a 50’s housewife.

Hey, you’re cute, where’d you come from? Oh, you came home with Hyde after school?

…..

*hisses aggressively*

I’m going to go check on Mary. She went to some boy’s house after school. Clara, you chaperone those two.

Okay I see Mary in that top left bedroom, but where’s the other kid that invited her? All I see is that guy and a dog (bottom right). He’s not outside or on the upper floor or in the garage… I suppose the kid could have aged up to teen but that guy looks a little too tall for that.

Mary. Mary, I’m going to need you to sneak out the back and run home, okay sweetie?  This situation is weirding me out a little.

Hyde ages up to YA while Mary peddles home, and I prod Skully away from the computer to the living room while he gets a new outfit and hair. It’s pancake and romance day.

Offline Cainus

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2013, 01:56:58 PM »

Ch 23- A Whole Bunch of Awkward

The first awkward thing was having Skully and Hyde be all lovey-dovey in front of the friend that he brought over. The second was..uh…

Hey Clara, could you keep working on your charisma in there please? Just don’t go into the next room for a few minutes. Yes I know you hear giggling and want to see what’s going on.

Then I didn’t hear chimes. So I tried again. No chimes again. So I tried AGAIN. Then I figured it would be best to wait for a little bit. Maybe I just didn’t hear them. Maybe it worked and they just didn’t sound.

And then it was time for the full moon.

Hyde decided to take offence to Apple’s existence and I scooted him back over to Skully before he could do any more damage. Skully was popping wishes for him like crazy and Hyde…Hyde wanted to use the claw machine. *Sigh* Ah well. Their relationship is high enough, let’s get this show on the road.  Go get ‘em, girl!

No marriage like a full moon lunatic marriage! At least that’s finally settled and we can…oh. He rejected the proposal. That’s…new. Skully was pretty broken up about it and went to write a drama, while I mulled this over and decided that they didn’t really need to be married anyway. I could always find another husband somewhere if I wanted to work on spouse points.

Mary aged up into teen and I started to once again regret my self-imposed ‘let them be teens’ rule.

Oh thank goodness, I was just being paranoid. Congrats Skully!

This little guy showed up in someone’s inventory, and I try and rack my brains about what they do exatly, because I remembered reading that it was something that could possibly be bad.

And then Hyde pops a wish to get married to Skully.

Okay buddy but it’s on you this time.

It goes well, possibly because Skully has a massive crush on him and also wished to marry him about 2 minutes prior. Hyde? I don’t know what that guy is thinking half the time. Now that I think about it, I may have named him a little too well.

I try and reorganize the house and end up doing this. You may not be able to tell, but the roof is actually floating one story above the house. 

I did remember the burglar alarm this time, though.

Yeah be cute all you want but you let the ghost of Billy Herron run around the house all night and woke everyone up, so you’re getting sold little buddy.

Offline Niana

• Occult
Is Hyde insane or grumpy? That makes them turn down proposals - and also the full moon moodlet affects it, I think. But you're moving so fast! I just caught up on the last few updates and think I need to go reread now :P

Oh and if you want to double check if a pregnancy took, click on a birthday cake - even if the chimes didnt sound, if mom is pregnant, she won't show up in the list. Fastest EPT ever !

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
So many updates  8)

Aww, goodbye Vicente! That's a nice way to cope your own loss, Kitty.
Goodbye, Kitty. You almost done there, can Grim do something about it? No. Such a meanie!
Yet, we only can hope that event will be happening or not after 10th generations ::)
It's so depressing to see that collections of tombstone, but hey... better luck next time ;D

RIP again... -_-
So many death, so many chaos... and more even weirder when Grim participate to celebrate Hyde birthday.
Happy birthday, Clara...

Goodbye, Spider. Welcome Mary. Wait, so she is another child from adoption?
Happy birthday to everyone! So quick!

Oh, I notice that Hyde wore the same clothes like that man before ^^
Yay! The clothes are return!

Thanks for delicious meal :P

My Stories:

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Oh, I have to turn off the moon cycles when it turns my sims into lunatics. I hope Apple got back at Hyde for that slap! Welcome, Mary and RIP, Spider x.x