Author Topic: The Jack 'Short' Dynasty- Ch 73: Skyfall (COMPLETE!)  (Read 60594 times)

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
Re: The Jack 'Short' Dynasty- Ch.11 Some Disappointment
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2013, 05:59:21 PM »
That was a funny moment when you bring a real person picture as the comparison. Well, close enough :P

It's always nice to see old characters come back to make some appearance. Just be honest, I usually put them in my Sims inventory because I can't stand ghost scary music moment, especially when you play the game at the night and they annoy me enough for canceling everyone queue ( -_-)
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Cainus

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2013, 06:10:08 PM »
Spider Kit (don't worry I got confused by them too!) really does look like Jared! (Though not as handsome ^_^) Oh no, RIP Ghostie, now she does live up to her name =[

I see you know who that is  ;). But yeah, I think it was the hair and the eye color that made me think 'Jared/Sam'.

That was a funny moment when you bring a real person picture as the comparison. Well, close enough :P

It's always nice to see old characters come back to make some appearance. Just be honest, I usually put them in my Sims inventory because I can't stand ghost scary music moment, especially when you play the game at the night and they annoy me enough for canceling everyone queue ( -_-)

I've just been putting graves in the graveyard. One day I'll actually have enough money to purchase the graveyard and do a little remodeling, but for right now there's a 'family plot' so they can run around but not annoy me  :P

Ch 12 Lock It Down

My priorities go: 1) Get the new generation, 2) Max a skill, 3) Work on LTW’s and money. Kittie is doing well in skills but she’s a day into YA so it’s time to find a partner and get to the babies. There’s no dynasty without them.

Next on our list is Billy Herron. He seems like a decent enough chap, but I’m not feelin’ it and there’s no hearts or wishes from Kittie aside from wanting to be good friends. I do try and take their feelings into consideration but if it ever came down to it, yeah someone’s getting married to someone.

Oooo who’s the young man Billy’s talking about? Oh, it’s Kit. Never mind. Billy I know you’re single and everything but….ugh. Let’s check out our other options. Nothing on Kittie’s friends list, Kit has all female, Spider…never meets anyone. Skele has all older females and older married men. Cat has…hmmm this one looks promising but a thumbnail can lie. Let’s invite him over and check it out.

Hellloooo Vicente Stuart. I see you and Kittie have hearts above your heads. Excellent. Oh you’re a snob? I can live with that. There’s enough time to get them up to friends before Kittie goes to bed. I think we finally have a good target in our sights.

But the next day Vicente’s at work, so while we wait for him Kittie paints something very lovely in memory of Ghostie.

My camera’s being hijacked. This can’t be good news.

Catrina?! But you’re younger than Skele! Just goes to show, I guess. Oh hey I see Vicente walking out behind you. Time to get on the phone.

Um, I mean, RIP Cat: We had fun. Remember when you got attacked by zombies? Good times, good times.

Back to Kittie’s mission, I think it’s time we put her flirty trait to good use, don’t you?

Good work hun. I think you can take it from here for a bit. Oh and don’t mind me hovering over the bed, listening for chimes. That’s just how I show that I care.

Here’s Vicente (though I think I'll be giving him some different hair) up close. He’s an adult with a few days to elder, which again I don’t mind. Sure we’re not going to be able to max a skill with him or anything, but I’ll try. He’s a snob loner with no sense of humor, but makes up for it with virtuoso (a good match for Kittie), and a few points in handiness.

Hey Blondie- who are you and why are you in my house?! Oh you’re the maid Skele wanted to hire? I guess that’s okay.

Speaking of Skele, he’s still being an awesome dad and cheering up Kittie, who’s reeling from the loss of her mother. It’s a sweet moment, somewhat ruined by the fact that I forgot to change Kittie’s pajamas. He also pops a wish for grandkids and hopefully he’ll last long enough to see them, though he is at the end of his life bar.

I’m watching you, couch.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2013, 07:02:07 AM »
Oops, I mean Kit lol. I'm pleased Kittie is with Vicente, Billy seems to be interested in Kit xD RIP Catrina, I just hope the couch doesn't curse Skele too soon.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
Re: The Jack 'Short' Dynasty- Ch 12 Lock It Down
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2013, 07:41:18 AM »
Billy Herron is quite good looking for candidate, I love his clothes. But, too bad there's no heart!
R.I.P Cat! Oh, my just looking at your story there are so many death.

Hopefully, Skele live long enough to see grand kids! Well just hoping!

My Stories:

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2013, 12:13:52 PM »
You are rocking through this! You're almost to generation four! Keep it up! Woohoo!

Offline Cainus

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2013, 07:06:58 PM »
Oops, I mean Kit lol. I'm pleased Kittie is with Vicente, Billy seems to be interested in Kit xD RIP Catrina, I just hope the couch doesn't curse Skele too soon.

It's okay :)! I kept mixing them up because they had the same hair for a while, so I can only imagine how tough it is for people who just see them a few time in screen shots.

And...um...bad news...  :-[

Billy Herron is quite good looking for candidate, I love his clothes. But, too bad there's no heart!
R.I.P Cat! Oh, my just looking at your story there are so many death.

Hopefully, Skele live long enough to see grand kids! Well just hoping!

There is a lot of dying. It's a part of living, I guess, though I wish some could definitely hang around much longer than they did.

And Billy's clothes return. Just on a different person (Shhh spoilers).

You are rocking through this! You're almost to generation four! Keep it up! Woohoo!

Thank you! And I'm playing a bit ahead, so I've gotten to generation four. It's...interesting.   :o

Watcher's Note: This update is a bit short, so I'm going to be posting two today!

Ch 13- Life and Death

The house has been a bit louder than usual, mainly because of the two guitarists we have. No one seems to mind though, really.

Skeleton certainly seems to enjoy it. These two actually get along pretty well, aside from the time that Skeleton decided to make a funny face at Vicente, Vicente took offense and tried to explain why he was angry and Skeleton made another funny face in response. This happened two more times before Skeleton brightened Vicente’s day and walked away.

Kittie serenades her husband…

Who in response looks…I don’t know. Bored? Stunned? In awe of her amazing guitar skills and the fact that he got to marry her? I just don’t know. At any rate Vicente joins the music career and Kittie goes to the park to play.

But once again, life is interrupted and everything happens at once.

Yup, that’s Spider reaching young adulthood at the exact second that Skeleton passes away. Skeleton never did reach his LTW of Superstar Athlete as he was at 7 in the career (and with a full bar so the next day he would have been at 8 dang it). I just can’t seem to get the hang of career-oriented LTW’s at this speed. Maybe if they go in right as they reach YA?

After that the camera is yanked to the park to tell us that Kittie does indeed have the nooboo. She wishes to have a boy while Vicente wants a girl. Time once again to promise both and see who was right.

Vicente: “I can’t believe he died! We just talked this morning!”

Spider: *continues reading* “Yes very sad.”

Me: “Get to the dresser young man, we’re getting rid of that hair. The color is hideous and I keep mixing you and Kit up.”

Spider: *sighs and puts down book*

Hehe ‘Yer a wizard, Spider!’

Spider: “Haha not funny.”

….it was funny at 2 am when I wrote it in my notes. Shush. I have to get joy from somewhere.

Much better. And is it just me or does he…um…how do I put this? The view in that mirror isn’t bad, is all I’m saying.

Spider and Kittie work on their skills while everyone else is out of the house. There’s no other reason for this picture. None at all.

Don’t judge me.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2013, 07:21:18 PM »
I will still waiting for the return of the clothes! I love that clothes <3 #eh?
Well, about serenade thing, he just don't know how to react with all of the madness in this family :P
Still hoping that Skele will have a long life to be a Granddad!

My Stories:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Cainus

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2013, 07:21:49 PM »
Ch 14 Dad Was Right

I’m not doing so hot on the gravestone front. Thus far Pumpkin’s been my only medium headstone. Oh well, let’s see what’s happening back at the house.

Happy elder birthday, Vicente! Oh man, judging by the look on your face this isn’t going to be pretty, is it?

Actually I think he still looks pretty good! What do you think, Katy?

Katy:  :D

The next night is a full moon, which seems to spell trouble around here.

Oh, that’s not so bad! And look- Spider’s showing actual emotion!

Don’t worry kid, she’s going to the hospital. You’d better get some sleep now, though.

While I’m waiting to see what Kittie has in store for us, Kit starts to sparkle. I haven’t focused much on Kit because he’s no trouble at all. He’s super-nice, excitable and seems to love working on his skills even without me directing him to. The only trouble I’ve ever had out of him is…

That. Hair. It might look fine on other sims, it might have worked for him as a teen, but as an adult working in the police department I think it’s safe to say that it is banished.

Word comes in from the hospital and we have-

Twin girls! Vicente gets double his wish, I suppose.  Meet Skully (the heir) and Apple, born Week 6, Day 7 for those keeping track at home. Apple may not sound very Halloween oriented but apple is kind of a fall flavor and with the last name of Jack, I’d kick myself later if I didn’t name at least one Sim that.

Here’s the proud father and…Skully? I think? Man it’s kind of hard to tell them apart at this stage.

Aww look whose family oriented trait is kicking in. Man, since he’s left that teenage nihilism stage, Spider has really been growing on me.

As for traits Skully winds up with easily impressed and loner. Okay, not so great, but depending on her other traits that could make for a writer.

Apple gets clumsy and…grumpy. Yeah, sometimes the random number gods do not smile upon us favorably. Sorry about that, Apple.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
Re: The Jack 'Short' Dynasty- Ch 13 & 14- Life and Death and Dad was Right
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2013, 07:24:44 PM »
Woah! Twin girls! Congratulations!

I always love to see Katy Perry in your story too see that alone can make me laugh, haha. That was a nice capture for a screenshot!

My Stories:

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2013, 10:41:25 PM »
Double trouble! Aww, the twins are going to be so cute! Two sets of twins, someone must be listening to that radio and/or watching that kids TV!
I love the part with Skele and his funny faces! Made me laugh too hard.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2013, 03:45:45 AM »
RIP, Skele =[ Spider grew to be quite a cutie, I did admire the view for a while ^.~ Oh, my founder in my immortal dynasty always aged up with horrid ponytails, at least Kit seems amused. Welcome Skully and Apple!

Offline Cainus

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2013, 05:35:43 PM »
I will still waiting for the return of the clothes! I love that clothes <3 #eh?
Well, about serenade thing, he just don't know how to react with all of the madness in this family :P

That is entirely possible. He's just standing there thinking: "What did I get myself into?"

And the clothes SHALL return, I promise. It'll just be a little bit.

Woah! Twin girls! Congratulations!

I always love to see Katy Perry in your story too see that alone can make me laugh, haha. That was a nice capture for a screenshot!

Thank you! Some things just work out, other times you really want a picture and everyone stands right where you can't get one.

Double trouble! Aww, the twins are going to be so cute! Two sets of twins, someone must be listening to that radio and/or watching that kids TV!
I love the part with Skele and his funny faces! Made me laugh too hard.

Lots and lots of kids radio. I'd use the TV as well but there's rarely time for that.

RIP, Skele =[ Spider grew to be quite a cutie, I did admire the view for a while ^.~ Oh, my founder in my immortal dynasty always aged up with horrid ponytails, at least Kit seems amused. Welcome Skully and Apple!

I think Kit loves that hair style, it's just that I can't see it being crammed into a policeman's hat so it's a no. And your sims are always so pretty, like Livvie's, so the thought of them with horrid hair is kind of amusing  ;D.

Hehe glad I'm not the only one that thought that. It was like 'well...I see puberty was good to you.' 

Note: I am far enough ahead in-game that I could probably post two 10-12 picture updates per day. Please let me know if you'd prefer that, or like the one update per day schedule. Feel free to comment here or send me a message!

Ch 15- In Which I Kind of Plan Ahead on Something

A gem collection is sort of started. I like to think of it as the ‘oh crud I need money’ savings account. The moonstone was from Ghostie and all the others are courtesy of Spider.

Looks like it’s time for the new mom to age up! I think she received an extra day thanks to the pregnancy.

You look…pretty much exactly the same. Wait, I think your lips are a bit thinner and I see two wrinkles. Any birthday wishes?

Oh. A Bonehilda coffin. I swear if one of you runs screaming she’s going in the family inventory and not coming back out for another two generations. Undead servants don’t come cheap, you know.

Kit looks a little surprised but that’s it. Good! And I think Kittie needs a more mature wardrobe.

There we go. A bit more matronly but still suits her personality.

Thanks for trying to help out with the kids, Bonehilda, but you and cribs don‘t seem to get along.

Note: I think I have a slightly glitched Bonehilda. Reading about it, she takes care of others' kids just fine and mine seems like she certainly wants to, but she can never actually pick them up. She just stands there, staring and thinking about the kids. I'll also see 'be picked up' by the kids from her, but she never can!

Don’t worry Kit, I didn’t see whatever you were looking at.

Oh hey Spider and the only person Spider knows from school. How are you doing? You know when Vicente passes we’re going to have some room in the house. What do you guys think?

Good to see that we’re on the same page here. And the newest addition is Clara Hoffman, who’s actually Marvin’s (red-headed married Marvin’s) daughter. I guess we got that bloodline in the house after all.

Hey Kittie! Your best friend Spider got married!

Kittie: “I think I want to put this painting….there.”

Um. Sure. I need to redecorate and expand anyway I guess.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: The Jack 'Short' Dynasty- Ch 15- In Which I Kind of Plan Ahead on Something
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2013, 08:45:57 PM »
I think I can handle 2 updates a day =D About the Bonehilda glitch, it could be the crib itself, when I use the one from the Lullabies and Nursery set she just stands there while her interactions work with every other crib. Hmm, Kit, who were you spying on? =P Happy birthday, Kittie <3

Offline Cainus

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2013, 02:23:51 PM »
I think I can handle 2 updates a day =D About the Bonehilda glitch, it could be the crib itself, when I use the one from the Lullabies and Nursery set she just stands there while her interactions work with every other crib. Hmm, Kit, who were you spying on? =P Happy birthday, Kittie <3

Sounds good! With Bonehilda, I don't know. I've placed the babies intentionally on the floor just to see and she still can't pick them up. She can't pick up toddlers on the floor either. I thought it was just the crib, but repeated tests have shown that she just seems incapable of interacting with the kids *shrugs*. I don't mind too much but she'd probably be a help with the 2 am diaper changing.

Note: Updates will be two a day until I get yelled at for it, run out of backlog, or something happens.

Ch 16. Kit Gets Some Screen Time

Whew. Okay so not the best looking but at least we have another bathroom, Kit has his own room AND the twins will have their own room.

Oh boy, toddler age up. And Skully, as soon as we hit your child birthday, we’re changing that hair. I’m not changing it now because toddler only lasts 2 days, which means you have 2 days to learn how to walk, talk and use the restroom. I don’t think we can fit ‘makeover’ in there.

Okay, so we’ll get started on that after you sleep. You two are pretty cute.

Oh crud, I hear the burglar music. Did I remember to put the alarm back in after I remodeled the house?

Of course I didn’t.

Luckily the only brave sim in the house arrives before the burglar can get to that $6k+ pink diamond.

Okay people, place your bets- on one side we have Kit ‘Moose’ Jack and on the other, Sunshine ‘Zebra’…something.

Kittie: “How can you say that? What if he gets hurt?”

Kittie: “Kit, are you okay?”

Yeah, Kit’s a cop with 8 in athletics. I wasn’t really worried. I know he’s your brother, Kittie, but he can take care of himself.

Sunshine still gets away with a moonstone *shakes fist*, so I put in another burglar alarm asap and sell the other jewels. So much for the savings account. I knew I should have built a separate room or something. Or put them in the family inventory like a sane person instead of leaving them out so I could look at shiny things.

After that eventful night, it’s time for Team Toddler Skills to get to work. TTS mainly consists of Spider with everyone else acting as backup.

Oh man, not again. And Clara, I notice you’re neurotic, so I guess no using Bonehilda while you’re at home. Good work on teaching Apple to talk, though.

I get distracted about halfway through by an interesting-looking dog. He’s owned by someone though. Dang. Not like I could handle having someone else in the house, anyway.

Kit chips in to help after he gets home from work and I go “awwww lookit the cuties“.

It takes a full day and the on-and-off help of 5 sims, but we get the girls trained. Hopefully their next dice-rolled traits reflect all that hard work.

Offline Cainus

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2013, 02:34:18 PM »

Ch 17- I Sense a Disturbance in the Force

At the end of training day, everyone celebrates that and Spider’s adult birthday. Later he and Clara have their own celebration, and I hatch a plan that will in no way fail like plan ‘horde gems like an easily-distracted dragon’.

Phase one: Done. Phase two: Buy apples. Phase three: Hope.

Kittie: “So how are you doing? We don’t get much of a chance to talk.”

Clara: “I’m doing great! I learned the charisma skill and hopefully I’ll start my political career soon, just like I dreamed! I’m so lucky that I met Spider and all of you.”

Kittie *eyes Clara’s moodlets*: “So we’ll be keeping out the cribs after the girls age up?”

Clara: “What do you mean?”

Kittie: “Eh. Nothing. I’ll be over here playing guitar. Give a shout if your water breaks or something.”

And speaking of aging up….

Look who has gone crossed-eyed. Skully ages not long after and still has a shaved head, so it’s time to hit the mirror.

Much better.She seems to have gotten a bit of her dad's face shape and nose, but we'll see when she ages up how it comes out. How’d we do on the trait front?

Apple gets artistic (not bad!) and Skully gets…kleptomaniac. *sigh*. You ever have a long project and you start getting the feeling that there’s going to be trouble up ahead? I’m getting that feeling with this generation. Then again I am kind of superstitious, so maybe this is just me and the couch all over again.

Speaking of the couch, look at these two dorks. They’re adorable. I hope to see a cute ginger nooboo soon from you guys.

But before that can happen, the girls’ short childhood comes to an end. Let’s see what we have in store for the teen years days.

Well it’s not the worst I’ve ever seen. Apple?  How’d you do?

I suppose Kit wants to go first. Are you going to do the hair again? Please tell me I’m not going to see grey techno hair.

Wow, no techno hair! Though we’re still changing your clothes. And I’m going to miss cute scruffy Kit.

Kit’s makeover happens just in time for him to see Apple grow into a very proper-looking teen. I think she got her mom’s auburn but with her dad’s grayish eyes.

Okay NOW how are we doing on traits? Skully gets bookworm (we have a writer!) while Apple gets hopeless romantic. I guess that’s a little better, overall. At least we have some skills to work on.