Author Topic: Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 13900 times)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Re: Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2010, 10:57:09 PM »
What if the first born is twins?
Formerly Simstar3

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2010, 11:05:41 PM »
Wow. This looks awsome. I have two questions. One is for the people that use other worlds like from mysimsrealty.com that have a legacy lot at the correct price start (I think it is 14700.00) can we use those?

No.

The other one is your museum can only hold statues/pictures/ and paintings but nothing else? Can you put bathrooms, places to sit and such if you are using a community lot?

That's fine. The only items that count to your score are the paintings, ice sculptures, and photos.

How do you find out the value of your museum if it is on you legacy lot?

When your Dynasty is over you just open the Buy screen and click on the objects for their value.

Pick an heir targeted to be the immortal. The simple solution would be the first one you name.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline templesmom

• Townie
  • Happy Simming!
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2010, 11:23:23 PM »
Thank you metro. Two more questions then I am off to try this out. For the max skill is it just one unique skill per Immortal? Say for cooking can every immortal be maxed for cooking as long as they each have a unique skill maxed? Or can they only max one skill?
The other question is once you decide to take pictures and make sculptures do you have to make it for each life stage and each generation or just the ones you get to or want to?  Say my third generation Immortal wants to sculpt, the first and second wouldn't have each life stage done. On a side note do Ice sculptures melt?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2010, 11:31:43 PM »
Thank you metro. Two more questions then I am off to try this out. For the max skill is it just one unique skill per Immortal? Say for cooking can every immortal be maxed for cooking as long as they each have a unique skill maxed? Or can they only max one skill?

No, it's not like the Grim Reaper Challenge where if one Sim even has a single skill point in a skill, then that locks out other Sims from that skill. As long as each immortal has a maxed skill that other immortals did not max, you're good.

The other question is once you decide to take pictures and make sculptures do you have to make it for each life stage and each generation or just the ones you get to or want to?

Yeah, only the paintings of each life stage are a requirement for an immortal to eat Ambrosia. The photos and ice sculptures are purely optional for you and add value to the museum. If you want to do photos and ice sculptures of all stages, that's fine.

On a side note do Ice sculptures melt?
Yes, they do IF you have not completed the last listed Sculpting challenge that prevents that from happening.

Offline templesmom

• Townie
  • Happy Simming!
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2010, 11:34:58 PM »
Thank you! Good luck everyone trying this. Can't wait to see the stories.
Edit: Sorry for one more question. Does collecting count as a skill?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2010, 11:42:26 PM »

Even if it's twins or triplets, there's always one who is born first.  That's your heir.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2010, 03:20:32 AM »
Oops, how embarrassing. I could have sworn your post on TS3 forum was in the general section.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2010, 03:38:28 AM »
Edit: Sorry for one more question. Does collecting count as a skill?

No, it doesn't.  It's not a skill that can be maxed out at level 10.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2010, 04:11:01 AM »
So each immortal has to max out a skill that no other immortal has (or will?). Just so I'm straight, if the founder maxes out charisma, then following immortals can gain charisma points as long as they don't max the skill? Also, can an immortal max more than one skill, providing no other immortal has the same maxed skill?
**edit** I was just thinking a bit more on this and wondered if they could max more than one skill, can another immortal max out one of those skills providing they still have one that no one else has eg. sim 1 maxes painting and charisma while sim 2 maxes charisma and sculpting and no one else maxes out painting or sculpting?

As far as the optional photos and sculptures of sim life stages, I'm guessing it would be the same as portraits, just one for each stage?

I've been thinking about playing a relaxed (by relaxed I mean no deadline to finish), long term, multi generation game for a while now, this just might fit the bill  ;D

Of course, now I'm going to have to be careful when playing and be very vigilant as to what the game length is set to, especially since my daughter wants to play her games with aging turned off  :o

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

NalaOwl22

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2010, 08:01:49 AM »
There's probably a really obvious answer to this that I've missed, but what happens if I get twins for generation 7? If I can't move out non-immortal siblings, there won't be room for my immortal to reproduce before she hits elder.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2010, 09:29:25 AM »
There's probably a really obvious answer to this that I've missed, but what happens if I get twins for generation 7? If I can't move out non-immortal siblings, there won't be room for my immortal to reproduce before she hits elder.

I don't know what the chances for twins are without Fertility treatments, listening to kids music and watching kids TV — all of those tricks are under your control. So, don't do any of them and the chance of a multiple birth should be really rare. But, in the event that would happen I would have to say your Dynasty would come to an end when the 7th generation female fulfilled all the requirements to eat Ambrosia. She would be barren as an Elder, so you would not be able to continue.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2010, 01:56:27 PM »
Regarding Best Friends, do they all need to be at Best Friend status concurrently, and how long must they be sustained?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2010, 02:08:52 PM »
Regarding Best Friends, do they all need to be at Best Friend status concurrently, and how long must they be sustained?

• 6. Have 6 different Best Friends (must be different Best Friends of other immortals) before eating Ambrosia for the first time.

Another way of stating the rule is you need to have 6 Best Friends at the time an Elder eats the Ambrosia. It's one of the requirements, so yes, you need to have all 6 at the same time to qualify. However, there are no restrictions on keeping them at that friendship level once Ambrosia is eaten and the Elder becomes an immortal.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2010, 02:39:05 PM »
And live with the EA placing of Lots...  :-\
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2010, 06:09:24 PM »
And live with the EA placing of Lots...  :-\

Yes, but it's not that bad.  You can't do anything else with those lots anyway.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog