Author Topic: Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 13909 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« on: August 22, 2010, 05:16:51 PM »
A couple weeks ago Pam approached me and said, "You should really design something for the forum similar to what Pinstar did with his Legacy Challenge." That was all the motivation I needed and I immediately hopped on the project. It's finally done and Carl has published it on the Guide. Here is the complete rule set for The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge. And I have to give kudos to Pam on this project. #1) This may not have happened so quickly had it not been for her kicking me into high gear, and #2) the final rule set you see on the Guide is quite polished because of her. No one, and I mean, no one knows how to dot the i's and cross the t's like Pam. A world of thanks for your tireless editing, Pam.

I'll be posting the rule set in the Challenge section, but for now you can visit the Guide for the lowdown on the Immortal Dynasty Challenge. Enjoy!

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 05:31:45 PM »
Just read it and someday when im done with all my tournament challenges and my two stories im going to give this a try its really a interesting turn on a legacy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 05:55:58 PM »
Wow, good work, Metro and Pam! This will indeed be a challenging challenge.

Could you please clarify for me why the term "spare" and not "sibling" was used, if it's not possible to replace an heir if s/he dies? I want to check my understanding that the spare concept is not in play in this challenge.

Am I correct in understanding that for the most part we will be primarily playing one sim and one first-born at a time, and that we will likely have a houseful of shiftless mooches? ;)

Will there be a special sub-forum devoted to questions, stories, tips, etc.?

Edit: Which Ambitions lots are allowed to be placed in Sunset Valley?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 06:04:46 PM »
If I wasn't half way through he Characters I would so have a go at this!  :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 06:18:03 PM »
"•All offspring must result from natural pregnancies of Sims living in the Dynasty house."

Does this mean that both parents must be living in the Dynasty house (other than the last generation, of course)?  What if one of my female immortals has a pregnancy with someone not living in the house?  Is that ok?

This is going to be fun!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 06:20:26 PM »
Could you please clarify for me why the term "spare" and not "sibling" was used, if it's not possible to replace an heir if s/he dies?

A "spare" means more than one offspring from a couple—a non-immortal. The firstborn of the couple would be the heir and the targeted immortal. Any other offspring you would choose to have from that couple would be "spares." Or if you want to think of them as "extras" that's also accurate.

Am I correct in understanding that for the most part we will be primarily playing one sim and one first-born at a time, and that we will likely have a houseful of shiftless mooches? ;)

Not really. I guess it just depends on how deep you want to get involved with all of the characters. The spouses of the immortals could play a very key role and help out with the painting, ice sculptures, and photos of the immortals for the Museum. And of course, there's always cooking to do and repairing things which would be a good job for immortals' spouses.

Will there be a special sub-forum devoted to questions, stories, tips, etc.?

A whole new section? No. A dedicated thread in the challenge section, definitely.

Edit: Which Ambitions lots are allowed to be placed in Sunset Valley?

You cannot enter Edit Town, so unless you have Ambitions where a fresh neighborhood would automatically place those buildings, then you'd need to do without them.

"•All offspring must result from natural pregnancies of Sims living in the Dynasty house."

Does this mean that both parents must be living in the Dynasty house (other than the last generation, of course)?  What if one of my female immortals has a pregnancy with someone not living in the house?  Is that ok?

That's okay for the last generation, but aside from that, we're stressing cohesive family structure here—two parents living under one roof.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 06:36:48 PM »
I believe that when you start a new town in Sunset Valley or Riverview and you have Ambitions, you will get the option at the start of the game to say yes to having the buildings put into your town.  The game will place them in pre-designated spots around town and you'll have to leave them in those locations for the duration of the challenge due to the no Edit Town rule.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 06:45:31 PM »
That is only with old saved games I just made a new Town and they automatically appeared in places and no message or anything.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 06:58:18 PM »
That is only with old saved games I just made a new Town and they automatically appeared in places and no message or anything.

Ok, good.  Thanks for the update.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 08:10:43 PM »
I believe that when you start a new town in Sunset Valley or Riverview and you have Ambitions, you will get the option at the start of the game to say yes to having the buildings put into your town.  The game will place them in pre-designated spots around town and you'll have to leave them in those locations for the duration of the challenge due to the no Edit Town rule.

As samoht04 said, the lots will be placed automatically when you start a new game, however it does NOT place the laundromat, so you need to live without that (not too hard lol) if you start in RV or SV.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 08:25:43 PM »
Have you announced it on the official sims forum? Would you welcome enthusiasm and participation generated from posts on there?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 09:06:13 PM »
Have you announced it on the official sims forum? Would you welcome enthusiasm and participation generated from posts on there?

I took care of that earlier, but posts move too fast there. The thread is here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2010, 09:21:37 PM »
I started a thread in the Stories and Legacies section, pointing to your announcement thread.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 09:34:31 PM »
I took care of that earlier, but posts move too fast there. The thread is here

Nice, Carl. Thank you.

Offline templesmom

• Townie
  • Happy Simming!
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2010, 10:19:45 PM »
Wow. This looks awesome. I have two questions. One is for the people that use other worlds like from mysimsrealty.com that have a legacy lot at the correct price start (I think it is 14700.00). Can we use those? The other one is your museum can only hold statues/pictures/ and paintings but nothing else? Can you put bathrooms, places to sit and such if you are using a community lot? I have never upgraded any lot before so I am not sure what to expect. Thanks for coming up with this. Very exciting. Oh I guess I have three questions. How do you find out the value of your museum if it is on you legacy lot?
Thank you for this. I have been wanting to start a Legacy so now I am going to try this instead.