Author Topic: New Painting Bug?  (Read 16109 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
New Painting Bug?
« on: August 09, 2010, 06:05:32 AM »
Has anyone experienced a new bug with paintings where they are invisible when you try to put them on the wall after moving to a new house?  It's happened to both me and my husband.  The paintings show up in the family inventory, but when I grab one and try to put it on the wall, it's just invisible.  The green arrow shows up on the floor, but no painting.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: New Painting Bug?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 06:13:47 AM »
I have had that with awards (Mastery Certificates) as well, but I have no idea what happened to them, like they just disappeared off the wall as well.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 08:02:19 AM »
My framed paintings disappeared when I moved neighbourhoods. I don't think they were still there though (just invisible) because I replaced them (by using a random sim to transport them from the old house). I am in the middle of moving house right now and just tried to put a painting from my sims inventory on the wall, and it worked like normal.

ParrotGirl

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 12:51:37 AM »
I'm having the same problem with paintings disappearing when I place them on the wall, from my inventory. Did you find a way to get them to show up again, without moving?

It is my first time doing a legacy and I'm doing the Immortal Dynasty so I need the portraits, and went to place my first one in the new basement "museum" and it just disappeared. However, it seems that it is still there (because I can't put any other painting on that spot) however, I cannot figure out how to get it back or to show?

Thanks!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 02:38:08 AM »
Hi ParrotGirl.

As far as I know, nobody has found a solution to this problem.  I had hoped that the bug was fixed, but if you're having it happen, then obviously it's not.  Are you patched all the way to the most current update?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 05:01:19 AM »
I just want to note that I had this bug, with both photos and sculptures. This happened when moving towns, and the art pieces were in the family inventory. Alas, all my work (and my Sims' work) turned into, uhh, not even ashes, lol.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline kiko94

• Immortal
  • you pronounce it *keko* not *kIko*
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 10:00:10 AM »
same for me, my paintings are always invisible after moving to a new house, I didn't Install the 1.24 tho
My Blog For Sims 3 Buildings, visit for exclusive content -07/11 update : New Houses and community lots, don't miss them !!

-The Awkward moment whe you are viewing who's online, and you find somone looking at your profile...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

ParrotGirl

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 10:55:43 AM »
Uh oh....so I guess there is no way to work around this? Sorry for your "loss" ChronicR and kiko94 - that is such a bummer.

Thanks Pam, yes I am patched up to the current updates.

I'm trying to figure out a way around this since I really don't want to loose this Immortal Dynasty just because of the paintings...  ???

Any ideas?

Thanks for the comments!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 12:19:38 PM »
I noticed this a couple of weeks ago, that my sims paintings were all gone.  It is just the ones they painted though.  I have not tried from the inventory yet.  So this started happening even before the update came out.   Always something, lol
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 10:58:33 PM »
Think yourselves lucky.  At one time they would have turned into question marks.  ;D 

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 06:42:57 PM »
I have just read this answer to the invisible paintings.

'Moveobjects on/ Place the pictures in the middle of the room, not on a wall. Then go into buy mode and place them.'

I haven't tried it myself.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2011, 08:35:16 PM »
I have the same problem. It's completely random, though. The best thing to do is when your sim completes a painting, go to buy mode and put it in your family inventory. That way, if you place it on the wall and it disappears while is buy mode, you can still hit undo. I was trying to decorate the museum for my Immortal Dynasty and had to restart due to this specific bug. It's been around for a while, though, before this latest patch.

Offline athena

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 10:55:33 PM »
I'm glad to hear I'm not alone. My painter Sim moved house, and some not all of the paintings she made become invisible when I place them on the wall, it was hopeless so I just cashed them in.  The paintings were in her inventory when they moved.  Some of the paintings do not become invisible, but turn blank - i.e., only the frames can be seen, not the painting when I put them on the wall.  moveobjects on did not work to solve this. Some paintings are OK. :)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2011, 11:44:32 PM »
Uh oh....so I guess there is no way to work around this? Sorry for your "loss" ChronicR and kiko94 - that is such a bummer.

Thanks Pam, yes I am patched up to the current updates.

I'm trying to figure out a way around this since I really don't want to loose this Immortal Dynasty just because of the paintings...  ???

Any ideas?

Thanks for the comments!

What I'm going to do is leave the paintings on the easels. Just pay §300 to buy a new easel.

Offline Jancy

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2011, 08:12:35 AM »
I am all patched up. This has happened to me also prior to the new patch and generations.
There are some paintings that my Sims painted and if I leave them hung on the wall and save the house and household to the bin and move my Sims to either another town or lot, there are a few that are missing after the move.
Before I move again or save household and house to the bin, I now have to put these paintings in their inventory. 
One specific painting never appears in the new game or lot if left hanging on the wall unless I save it to the family inventory first.