Author Topic: New Painting Bug?  (Read 16122 times)

Chuckles_82

Re: New Painting Bug?
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2011, 09:14:00 AM »
Someone else started a thread on this a while ago here (though no solution as yet):

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=6195.msg125837#msg125837

Edit: Seabody posted a way to avoid it in the above thread, and a rumor of a possible fix

Offline Vegangeekgirl

• Townie
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2011, 08:17:17 PM »
Happens to me all the time, I actually don't bother letting them bring the old paintings when they move houses because of this. Will try the moveobjects next time.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2011, 10:52:24 PM »
I have had this happen. On my Dynasty, I was trying to put Laurel's paintings on the wall and they disappeared. Thankfully, I was able to have her do some more, but what happens if someone who died has paintings disappear? I even tried going into build mode and deleting that section of wall to see if that would bring them back, but it said it couldn't be deleted with the sledgehammer. I haven't tried moveobjects on though.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2014, 04:16:08 PM »
I have another painting bug... When I drag a painting onto the wall, it just disappears. No family inventory or anything. The real issue with this is it's happening to an immortal dynasty heir painting!!! What can I do?

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2014, 04:18:00 PM »
Should I start my immortal dynasty over? I have already played it for 40 days!

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2014, 04:21:40 PM »
I have another painting bug... When I drag a painting onto the wall, it just disappears. No family inventory or anything. The real issue with this is it's happening to an immortal dynasty heir painting!!! What can I do?

This is a known issue, you have to leave the painting on the easel, go into buy mode and move it from there.
- Jessica

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2014, 04:31:02 PM »
I had this happen a lot. Would go to place another painting in the area and it wouldn't let me, as if the painting was there, I just couldn't see it.

Did this by accident and it brought the painting back up, don't know if it was a fluke or what.  Do the walls as cutaway, then raise them back up for the whole wall to be there. 
My paintings showed up on the walls. 
Don't know why, the walls had all been up, but for some reason they didn't show up.

I had given up on them, figured they were gone forever and just dropped the walls to see into the other rooms, I prefer to play with them down.  When I brought them back up to take a photo and didn't want the other room to show up (bathroom), the paintings were there on the wall.  All of the ones that I had put there and had vanished were now on the wall. 

Give that a try and see if it brings them back up.  Hope it helps

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline HelenMoriarty

• Grimmy's Girl
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2014, 09:34:08 PM »
Ohh, I wish I had seen that sooner. I tried a lot of things and decided to move houses yesterday. It did bring the paintings back in the family inventory. It seems though that the bug is here to stay even though years have passed since this thread was started.
I guess the safest route to take is not to put paintings on the wall in live mode, but to go to build/buy so you are able to hit 'undo'. Bit of a hassle, though... Here's to hoping your way will work, Janna :)
Shameless advertisement!

Grimmy's Girl (Helen's story, in progress)

Emily escapes (A homeless teenage witch, in progress)

Offline tinyclaw

• Nooboo
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2015, 05:24:31 PM »
I found the only solution to this, upon moving house, was to NEVER put the paintings and portraits in the family inventory or they will appear blank once placed on walls.  Always put paintings in one of your sims' personal inventory, then move house, then the portraits should appear as normal.