Author Topic: Can't Install University Life.  (Read 5783 times)

Offline Dana

• Nooboo
Can't Install University Life.
« on: July 19, 2013, 01:13:11 AM »
Hi,

A few days ago I bought the University life and Island Paradise expansion packs. I started with downloading University Life today and all was well until the end of the 'Installation' part of the process. A window then popped up and said 'The Sims 3 University Life Installer quit unexpectedly. Click reopen to open the application again. This report will be sent to Apple automatically.' I reopened it and tried installing it again and again (about 3 times total). But guess what? 'The Sims 3 University Life Installer quit unexpectedly. Click reopen to open the application again. This report will be sent to Apple automatically.' It failed, again.

I play the Sims 3 on Mac with the latest OS version.
Any help will be greatly appreciated as I'm getting really frustrated with what's happening (I've also posted this on the Answer HQ thing on the Sims 3 Website).

Thanks,
Dana.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Can't Install University Life.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 02:00:28 AM »
Welcome to our Forum.

I'm going to move this to the Technical Help board for you.  Hopefully it will get some activity there.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 02:21:40 AM »
I had this problem when I purchased ST.  I contacted EA who sent me a replacement disk which installed properly.  Obviously, it may not be a faulty disk, as mine was, but, it is worth considering discussing this with EA.  Faulty disks do happen occasionally. 

“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline Dana

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 03:24:42 AM »
Hi everyone, thanks all for your help but good news! I tried isntalling Island Paradise afterwards and that was successful. I then thought there must've been something wrong with my University Life disk, but tried installing it one more time and, it worked! I'm over the moon right now but thanks for your help, Pam and Wai!  :D

Offline Dana

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 03:36:18 AM »
Forget what I said before, I couldn't find 'The Sims 3 University Life' app on Launchpad (on Mac) and so went into Macintosh HD > Applications >The Sims 3. All of my other Sims 3 games were fine but the University Life icon was really weird. All of the other icons are the usual circle with the unique background (depending on the expansion pack, of course) and plumbob in the centre. The University Life icon, however, has no circle and instead, has two overlapping white squares (that look like canvases or white paper) and the Apple App store icon - a pencil, paintbrush and ruler in the shape of an 'A'. I will either take it back to my retailer or contact EA. Thanks again Wai :)

Offline simlover16

• Townie
    • The Power of Knowledge Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 01:25:12 PM »
Hi, I had the exact same problem with ANY expansion pack. I'm a Mac user, so here we go, here's what helped me.
 Before installing your game, open "Disc Utility"
 Most likely, "RecoveryHD" is greyed out.
 Click "RecoveryHD" and guide the mouse upwards and click "Mount"
 "RecoveryHD" should become bold.
This is what worked for me. I hope for the best with you. ;)
"You're waiting for a train. A train that'll take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you. But you can't know for sure. Yet it doesn't matter. Now, tell me why?" -Dom Cobb

Offline ash.styles

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 09:22:56 PM »
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this site and I needed some help in re-installing my sims 3 supernatural expansion pack for my mac.
I bought it in July last year and I had it installed on my other laptop, I installed it on my mac but had to uninstall it because I couldn't find the disk, anyway I finally found the disk and have been trying to re-install it for about a week now and it's not working. It always comes up with what seems to be two canvases and a pencil, paintbrush and ruler in the shape of an A. I would appreciate all help that is given :) thankyou

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.