Author Topic: How do I get abducted or visited by aliens?  (Read 17598 times)

Offline LazerEagle1

• Nooboo
How do I get abducted or visited by aliens?
« on: July 16, 2013, 01:48:53 AM »
I've followed the guide on here, however I cannot get an alien visitor or be abducted. I have a Logic level of 8 and I have 10 Space Rocks in my inventory. I continually stargaze both at night and in the daytime, and I still cannot get aliens to come. I know that Seasons is installed correctly, as the seasons change and there is weather. How do I get aliens to abduct/visit me? Am I doing something wrong?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: How do I get abducted or visited by aliens?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 04:10:20 AM »
Welcome to our Forum!

There's nothing that guarantees an alien will visit.  Using the telescope and collecting space rocks will increase your chances, but it could take awhile for one to show up.

Also, I'm moving this over to the Seasons board because it's specifically about Seasons content.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LazerEagle1

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 04:30:24 AM »
Statistically speaking though, with my 90% change of being abducted, am I just REALLY unlucky or am I doing something wrong?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 06:15:30 AM »
I can't say for certain, but I don't think you would have a 90% chance to be abducted because of telescopes and space rocks.  I don't read the code of the game.  However, we do have members (Seabody) who can tell you much better than I can.  It's just that I've never known the game to produce anything at such a high percentage by doing something to help cause it.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline LazerEagle1

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 07:12:37 AM »
I think I figured it out. I wasn't Analyzing my rocks before. I also started collecting new Space Rocks every day, and I can get abducted very often if I want to. I got my male Sim pregnant.

Now, I wanna find out how to just get an alien to visit, and not abduct me...

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 08:07:22 AM »
I'd heard about using space rocks to help get abducted, but I didn't know they were supposed to be kept in the inventory.  My sims would put them on the lawn to make a sort of space rock garden.  In one file the family has tons of the things outside and frequently get alien visitors (not many abductions, thankfully, since none of them have the high handiness/logic combo that helps trigger them).  It's at the point where an alien comes to visit every second or third night.  They do have a full blooded and a few part blooded alien sims living in the household, so I'm not sure if that's another factor in triggering visits.

If my households don't put out space rocks they seem to get the rather low base chance of having an alien come to visit, which seems to be once every few weeks/not at all.  They always seem to show up very late at night and never stay that long either, which always leads to me frantically waking up everyone and hoping one of them is fast enough to get out of bed and greet the alien guest before they leave from boredom!

Offline PolarBair

• Occult
    • This is a link to my studio on the exchange where my builds can be downloaded.
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 05:26:28 PM »
Welcome to our Forum!

There's nothing that guarantees an alien will visit.  Using the telescope and collecting space rocks will increase your chances, but it could take awhile for one to show up.

Also, I'm moving this over to the Seasons board because it's specifically about Seasons content.

It's threads like this that make me seriously doubt those claims about space rocks and using the telescope increasing odds of anything. I personally suspect those are all just unfounded rumors. I think it's just random.

My Builds
The EPs I have are:
Ambitions
World Adventurer
Late Night
Showtime
Seasons

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 01:57:42 AM »
It's threads like this that make me seriously doubt those claims about space rocks and using the telescope increasing odds of anything. I personally suspect those are all just unfounded rumors. I think it's just random.

I understand what you're saying.  In my personal experience, any time I've had a Sim abducted by an alien, that Sim had either been collecting space rocks or using a telescope.  I wasn't actively trying to get abducted, but I noticed the connection.  I have since stopped doing both things because I don't care for the abductions and I haven't had one in quite awhile.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 08:28:25 AM »
It can certainly be frustrating when aliens don't visit or abduct when you want them to.  However, I'll vouch for Carl's Guide laying out the best plan to make them happen. 

It seems the chance for abduction is increased on the same day the space rocks are collected (and should be collected by the sim you want abducted).  The chance increase resets each day, which could be why a large collection of rocks in a sim's inventory won't affect things either way.  Best chance for an abduction on any given night would be collecting as many space rocks as possible that day then stargazing that evening.

The chance for visititation seems to be increased by the number of space rocks on the lot.  Having alien friends also increases the chance of other aliens coming to visit.  The family I mentioned before with the huge space rock garden also had a few alien friends, and they had constant alien visits (but no abductions when they stopped collecting space rocks or using telescopes).

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2013, 06:46:41 AM »
There is a 1% chance your Sim is abducted. Minimum. This is our base chance - if absolutely nothing else happens, there is just a 1% chance.

If someone on the lot is using a telescope, this is increased by 14%. Each Space Rock found* will increase the chance by 15%, to a maximum of 60%. This means that only four rocks will work -- any more is pointless.

So, if a Sim has four space rocks and looks through a telescope, there is a 75% chance he or she will be abducted, assuming they can be abducted (some Sims can't).

* "Found" is directly from the code, I'm not sure exactly what it's referring to, and I've just taken a look at the scripting that controls alien abductions as well as the tuning.

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2013, 11:54:12 PM »
It can certainly be frustrating when aliens don't visit or abduct when you want them to.  However, I'll vouch for Carl's Guide laying out the best plan to make them happen. 

It seems the chance for abduction is increased on the same day the space rocks are collected (and should be collected by the sim you want abducted).  The chance increase resets each day, which could be why a large collection of rocks in a sim's inventory won't affect things either way.  Best chance for an abduction on any given night would be collecting as many space rocks as possible that day then stargazing that evening.

The chance for visititation seems to be increased by the number of space rocks on the lot.  Having alien friends also increases the chance of other aliens coming to visit.  The family I mentioned before with the huge space rock garden also had a few alien friends, and they had constant alien visits (but no abductions when they stopped collecting space rocks or using telescopes).

Are you absolutely sure about this? I'm trying to get my male sim pregnant [I also use Twallan's StoryProg/MasterController mod which may affect this]....

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2013, 06:30:26 AM »
Are you absolutely sure about this? I'm trying to get my male sim pregnant [I also use Twallan's StoryProg/MasterController mod which may affect this]....

This is straight from Carl's Guide, using Vinyl's link:

Aliens are more likely to abduct a Sim than to visit, simply because of the powerful effect collecting space rocks has on this. To trigger an abduction on your home lot, having a Sim use a telescope is a good place to start. The base chance of an abduction is only 2%, but using a telescope that day adds a +13% chance they'll visit on a given night. Collecting up to two space rocks will each add a 37.5% chance to the visit for a whopping 90% chance of a visit. This seems to reset so that you don't always find your Sims getting abducted, giving you a little bit of control over how often it happens.

When a Sim is abducted, they'll have a bad Abducted moodlet for about twelve hours. Nothing too bad will happen to a female Sim, although a male has a 33% chance to have the pregnant (Unexpected Weight Gain) moodlet when the Abducted moodlet wears off. If you want to ensure your abduction results in pregnancy, save before this moodlet wears off and reload until the Unexpected Weight Gain moodlet appears.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2013, 01:35:56 PM »
Thank you! Wish me luck, as this is going to be one oddball generation in my family [one adopted kid, one alien kid and triplets is what I'm planning].

Offline Aspen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 08:59:41 AM »
My fisherman sim got abducted very early in his game, 12:30 am - he was dead tired, heading bed when I thought a unicorn was on my property, I clicked on my sim and he was gone...point being he never touched a telescope, has no logic, lev 4 fishing- he does live on a 64x lot and I remember seeing a lot of gems around that morning but didnt think anything of it...but that was it.
No one came back, he just had a weirded out moodlet for a while...how can I get them to come back or maybe get him pregnant

McHazy

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 07:58:49 AM »
In my experience, its very random. I don't find that collecting space rocks and keeping them in your inventory help much. It can be quite annoying when it happens though, the last time it happened my sim was dancing at a party on another lot (no rocks, telescopes - I checked!) and suddenly ran off and got abducted!

Thank you! Wish me luck, as this is going to be one oddball generation in my family [one adopted kid, one alien kid and triplets is what I'm planning].

All the best with your family Axiom, I hope to see a family photo posted at some point!  :)