Author Topic: Self-employment  (Read 14631 times)

Offline kikipetie

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Self-employment
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2013, 01:51:45 PM »
Windows. I just sent you an email.

Dellena

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2013, 01:58:11 PM »
This is what my launcher looks like.  I've put a red box around the version number.

If yours doesn't say that, it could explain some of your issues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kikipetie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2013, 02:01:35 PM »
Same as mine except I don't have all those EP's.   lol

Dellena

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2013, 02:03:56 PM »
Then I'm stumped.

Offline kikipetie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2013, 02:15:36 PM »
Me too. Oh, well. Google, here I come.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2013, 06:15:20 PM »
Ambitions is very much a part of the Ambitions EP not the patch. That's why people without Ambitions can't join the Alchemy career or become a horseman/horsewoman.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2013, 07:36:01 PM »
I hate to buy ambitions for 1 measly thing

Kiki.  Buying EP's, or not is a very personal choice.  I have to pick with care as I can't afford them all.  May I suggest you take a look at the Ambitions guide in the "Sim's 3 Guide".  (Click on link above.)  You may, possibly,  find that it offers a lot of extra content that you would enjoy, and, as it is a fairly old EP you may be able to pick it up quite cheaply if you shop around.  As I said, it's very personal, but, I really like some of the professions and I don't think I would play much if I didn't have access to self-employment.  I get very bored with the rabbit-hole jobs.  But, that's just my take on it, I'm sure others have different opinions. 
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kikipetie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2013, 12:33:14 PM »
Thanx , I hope to find a copy that isn't so expensive. I only paid 14.99 for Supernatural at Staples, but they said yesterday  that they don't have ambitions, so it's back to square 1   LOL

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2013, 02:09:53 PM »
They just announced a super Summer Sale through Origin.  Look for an announcement from Carl for a link to it.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline kikipetie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2013, 04:47:33 PM »
I know and I'm downloading Ambitions as we speak! ;D

I want to give a big thank you to all who tried and did, help with my self-employment post.
Thanx so very much some of the best and most helpful people around. :-*

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2013, 07:35:28 PM »
I don't have Ambitions and when SN came out I was able to do the alchemy as a self-employed career, until IP (or the patch) came out, then it no longer shows up as an option. 
I would send my sim to the courthouse and the option would come up and I would choose it, but now its not there anymore.

Offline Darstan64

• Townie
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2013, 09:28:42 PM »
Hi Kikipetie,

I think for just $11 I might treat myself to Ambitions too, I think the deal is only good through July1 16th.  Going now to buy and download it also.  Hopefully I won't have any problems.

Let me know how it goes with you :)

Offline Darstan64

• Townie
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2013, 09:43:03 PM »
I also wanted to add a thank you very much to Ricalynn for letting us know about the summer sale on origin for the expansion packs.

I appreciate it.

Thanks so much :)

Offline kikipetie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2013, 10:47:49 PM »
Darstan64, Hey! I'm really happy with it. Nowhere online could I find it that cheap, I just had to get it at that price. I know we all have the base game but it's on sale for 5 DOLLARS!

Offline Darstan64

• Townie
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2013, 08:55:29 AM »
Oh wow, where did you find it for $5?? That's great.  I went on the sims3 site on origin and with the sale it was $11.99 plus a dollar for tax.  I'm happy with that but where did you find it for $5?

Ambitions seems pretty cool, I didn't have a chance to look at all of it yet but I did go into my other game where I wanted my unemployed sim to register as self employed and only "painter" comes up.  Does that sound right?  I will go and download Twallans mod again for careers because I want her to have the homemaker career because she's got 2 teenagers and a child sim in the house and if it all works out and I do it right she can get paid for taking care of the whole husband.

Good luck :)