Author Topic: Getting Attractive Company Moodlet  (Read 62461 times)

Offline bewitched1618

• Nooboo
Getting Attractive Company Moodlet
« on: July 08, 2013, 04:05:46 PM »
What actually makes the system say, oooh your sim is attracted to this other sim?
I'm trying to get the moodlet for my CAS sims cause it's a nice +10 moodlet; However, no matter how many times I load the household in the start game mode the random moodlet doesn't generate.  It is therefore not as random as people say, but is actually linked to something.  I've gotten it before with couples who only have compatible Zodiacs, but I cannot remember how.  Is there a trick anyone has noticed?  The Gussy Up moodlet doesn't work either. 

Frey

Re: Getting Attractive Company Moodlet
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 04:31:21 PM »
I read in the official forum that the attractive moodlet appears between sims with common traits, skills or zodiac signs. I haven't tested it myself though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Aspen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 01:45:25 PM »
Sounds like the Eye Candy LTR; or the 'Attractive' LTR

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 02:44:02 PM »
I don't remember where I read it, but there's a few different factors that can trigger the attractive company moodlet.  There's zodiac signs, compatible traits, being skilled, having lots of wealth, and maybe being high up in a career or being a celebrity.  It's possible there's other factors as well.

I wish I could say offhand if raising things like skills or having lots of cash will trigger it within the household, but I'm not sure.  It definitely causes more sims around town to eye your sims positively when skills, careers, and cash increase. 

Eye Candy will certainly grant positive moodlets to other household members (it's always amused me that babies get the Eye Candy moodlet when mum or dad have the LTR).

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 04:43:33 PM »
I remember peeking at the code when this was first introduced, it's a first meeting sort of deal where the game randomly assigns a number between 0 - 100 then it adds on bonuses for certain things, traits in common, career level, skills, wealth, then on top of those there are some moodlets which give a boost, fresh breath, smooth skin or nice nails from the spa and clean clothing. If you score over 110 I think it was you get the moodlet.

This is part of the reason why when you have played for a while with a sim and got them a good job, nice house and some skills the whole world thinks they are attractive, but chances are their actual spouse who you created or who they met before they learnt anything or had a good job and money doesn't  ::)

If it was just traits, zodiac and favourites I feel it would be a little more logical, I have sims who are totally besotted with each other it's obvious just to watch the autonomous behaviour but to the attraction system they have more in common with some random townie they never said a word to. It actually doesn't even recognise favourites.

Offline tips

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 06:15:51 PM »
My female sim got this moodlet when she was just talking to a same sex sim. Why? It was in Union Cove.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 08:15:42 PM »
My female sim got this moodlet when she was just talking to a same sex sim. Why? It was in Union Cove.

Sims 3 allows attraction to both genders.  It's just how the game is programmed.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Aspen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 09:00:07 AM »
Speaking of attraction, what are the factors when you 'consider attractiveness' on another sim? Either it's a really low standard or Im making some really hot sims cause they are all blidingly stunning when compared- its always 10/10 or the person likes another gender? Anyone ever seen any 'so-so's'  or 'kinda cute's?

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 05:46:22 PM »
That is a Twallan added interaction not a standard game one, but yes I've had a few 1/10 with that before now, can't quite remember the message though.

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 08:17:45 AM »
Have you got the attractive company moodlet with half of all citizens in Bridgeport? Every time I start a new game, my all sims I create or pick from EA households, I get this with too many sims. Even I get this with mummies from sarcophagus while exploring tombs and get this with even npc burglars and polices at night.
Very hard to be escaped from Sims.

Offline Squark

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 07:07:20 PM »
Have you got the attractive company moodlet with half of all citizens in Bridgeport? Every time I start a new game, my all sims I create or pick from EA households, I get this with too many sims. Even I get this with mummies from sarcophagus while exploring tombs and get this with even npc burglars and polices at night.
Yeah, it can be a problem if your Sims are rich and have high skills. Each of the adults in my legacy household have a couple of people who are trying to court them.

anything