Author Topic: Can't mourn members of family?  (Read 3631 times)

Offline Darstan64

• Townie
Can't mourn members of family?
« on: July 07, 2013, 02:43:59 PM »
Hi all,

Another strange thing happening in my game is that a call came in on the "house" phone saying that the father of my sim is getting old and to go visit him which is fine but  before the son even had a chance to visit he passed away (another  call came in to inform us).

What was strange is that it was never acknowledged that my sim even knew his father died so he could mourn him or go get the grave or ashes.  Is it because he doesn't live with his father anymore?  He has a good relationship with him, the bar is full, he's been over the house a few times, and even gave his blessing for his son to get married.  I was trying to continue with the story so that children born could know their grandparents but I guess setting the lifespan on normal isn't long enough.  It would have to be on long or epic because the grandparents pass on before they even know their grandchildren.  So to fulfill wishes and carry on the family with heirs or heiresses you really need to set the lifespan longer so you can accomplish everything you want to do so everything is not rushed.  Now I'm just waiting for a call that my female sims parents have passed, that will be next probably.  She is pregnant but by the time she has the baby I'm not sure her parents will still be around.

Oh well, I guess thats what makes this game so interesting.

:)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: Can't mourn members of family?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 02:52:30 PM »
Is your sim's father's tombstone available at the Mausoleum when you Manage the Dead? Then, at the very least, you could place the grave somewhere and mourn.

That was always one of the things that bothered me about standard story progression. One would think that your sim would mourn family members and close friends outside of the household, yet for some reason that bit of realism wasn't included in the game. There are mods out there that will perpetuate the Mourning moodlet for family members outside the household (Twallan's StoryProgression being one), though I know that mods aren't for everybody.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Darstan64

• Townie
Re: Can't mourn members of family?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 02:58:24 PM »
Hi RaiaDraconis,

Yes I did see an option to manage the dead when my sims visited the graveyard and I didn't know what that meant.  Now I'll visit the graveyard again and check that out.

Yes I see what you mean about story progression, I do have two mods, the relativity to slow down time and the woohooer one which I use occasionally not all the time but thanks for your help.

Have fun :)

anything