Author Topic: No option to marry girlfriend or boyfriend?  (Read 6213 times)

Offline Darstan64

• Townie
No option to marry girlfriend or boyfriend?
« on: July 03, 2013, 08:24:08 AM »
Just a quick question please?

I have the 2 sims living ogether that are boyfriend and girlfriend.  They are eternally faithful to each other, no other romantic interests or anything.  I'm just wondering why the option to marry does not come up at all in conversation for either one.  Is it possible they need to go on more dates?

She has the family oriented trait and the only wish that came up for her was to get married and slide on the water slide.  Thats all she seems to do all day and go on the computer.  She has the surrounded by family LTW.  I thought it was weird that no other wishes come up for her to get a career at all.  Is that because she is supposed to be a housewife and stay home and raise children because of her family oriented trait and LTW to be surrounded by family?

Thank you!

Offline DavidWhitman

• Nooboo
Re: No option to marry girlfriend or boyfriend?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 02:16:34 PM »
The steps to get married are:
1. Confess Attraction/Kiss - This has the two become Romantic Interests
2. Propose Going Steady - The two become Boyfriend/Girlfriend
3. Propose Marriage - The two become Fiancees.
4. Have Private Wedding/Throw a Wedding Party - Husband and Wife.

Are you saying they are Boyfriend and Girlfriend and you can't find Propose Marriage under Romantic interactions or you can't find Have Wedding? Because they need to be engaged before they can have a wedding. You shouldn't need to go on more dates because it is entirely possible to go through this process in an afternoon.

As for why she doesn't get a wish for a job, maybe it has something to do with her other traits/skills. Probably if she doesn't have any skill related traits she won't get a wish for the related job? What are her other traits?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Darstan64

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 10:43:46 AM »
Hi DavidWhitman,

I finally figured it out why my sims couldn't propose marriage to each other, I looked on the guide here and found out that my by my female sim having the family oriented trait for some reason its harder to be proposed to or propose marriage to her boyfriend for some reason.  I wanted to do everything the old fashioned way in the right order - be boyfriend and girlfriend, move in together, then have the guy propose marriage to become fiancees then start having children after they get married.   I had to enable cheats just to remove the family oriented trait for her, as soon as I did that I started the romantic interactions and sure enough I had him propose marriage to her and then become finacees and then have a private wedding and now they are husband and wife.  Then I put back the family oriented trait so she can fulfill her lifetime wish and start having children, she needs to raise 5 from babies to teenagers.  I never knew that by having that trait that the option to propose marriage would never come up.  Her other traits besides family oriented are absent minded, can't stand art, hot headed and light sleeper.

As far as a job goes I think she'll be busy enough just staying home raising the kids while her husband goes on to become world renowned surgeon lol!

Thanks so much for your help :)

Dellena

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 11:25:54 AM »
Interesting - I've never had that happen.  As long as they're at the "finds you irresistible" stage, I've always gotten the option for Propose Going Steady and Propose Marriage.  And I use the Family Oriented trait a lot.

Offline Darstan64

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 02:34:58 PM »
I know Dellena, it is strange.  You would think family oriented would fit in with being married.  I would never have known but if you look up relationships in Carl and Pam's guide which is right here it does mention it.  I thought it was because she was hot headed because she does yell and argue occasionally with other sims which makes the relationship bar go down a bit.  I try to X out whenever I see her start to yell or argue lol

:)

anything