Author Topic: Missing work help  (Read 10658 times)

Offline shadowblack

• Nooboo
Re: Missing work help
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 10:50:31 AM »
Already done factory reset, check the saves folder, still the same happen. 5am will go back home.

Dellena

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 07:20:02 PM »
I still think it could be the EA stuck check.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

brappl

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 08:59:38 PM »
Already done factory reset,check the saves folder,still the same happen.5am will go back home =.=

Ok shadowblack, a few more questions:

Are other Sims getting to work on time that work in different jobs?
Is this the only Sim in your game where there are clocking issues?
Do you have open opportunities for this Sim?  If you do, try cancellng them.
I couldn't see below if you are playing with mods or CC clothing/accessories.  If you have a Mods folder have you tried removing it and then playing?
Does this happen in any other world for the same or other careers?
Have you tried moving the Sim out of the household and then back in?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 09:49:07 PM »
There are still some discrepancies here that aren't helping.  Why does this Sim have the wrong work hours for a level 10 military career?  Also, if the needs bars are full because of using the cheat, how is the Sim's energy bar draining as mentioned in the first post?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline shadowblack

• Nooboo
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2013, 02:37:30 AM »
Ok shadowblack, a few more questions:

Are other Sims getting to work on time that work in different jobs?
Is this the only Sim in your game where there are clocking issues?
Do you have open opportunities for this Sim?  If you do, try cancellng them.
I couldn't see below if you are playing with mods or CC clothing/accessories.  If you have a Mods folder have you tried removing it and then playing?
Does this happen in any other world for the same or other careers?
Have you tried moving the Sim out of the household and then back in?

(1) I only play 2 sims character and both work as astronaut. Both sims will go back home at 5am.
(2) Only have 2 sims currently.
(3) Yes, still have open opportunities.
(4) I do have mods, but before this it is fine. After installing Island Paradise, the problem start.
(5) Never have thought about other career for now.
(6) Didn't try to move out the sim. Probably will try later.

Offline shadowblack

• Nooboo
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2013, 02:40:21 AM »
There are still some discrepancies here that aren't helping.  Why does this Sim have the wrong work hours for a level 10 military career?  Also, if the needs bars are full because of using the cheat, how is the Sim's energy bar draining as mentioned in the first post?
I don't know. I try to quit job and get job back using cheat straight to level 10 military. The working hour still the same 1pm-11am. First post I didn't use cheat yet. At first I thought it's due to low bar needs and I try to use cheat to make it full bar but still go back home at 5am exact time. Temporary solution is around 4.50am I will ask my sim go back home by cancelling the job and get paid and after 5am ask them go back to work again.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2013, 04:06:24 AM »
(4) I do have mods, but before this it is fine. After installing Island Paradise, the problem start.

I don't use mods, personally, and I'm far from being an expert.  But don't mods have to be updated after an expansion and/or a new patch?  Maybe installing Island Paradise messed up the mods you had installed and caused a problem in the game.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

brappl

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2013, 07:01:16 AM »
I don't use mods, personally, and I'm far from being an expert.  But don't mods have to be updated after an expansion and/or a new patch?  Maybe installing Island Paradise messed up the mods you had installed and caused a problem in the game.

You are correct Pam.  Mods, in almost all cases must be updated.  3rd Party CC such as lots and especially genetics and clothing can all of a sudden cause a break when a new patch comes out.  I use only Twallan's Mods and he had those updated almost immediately but I did have some problems with downloaded Sims and one lot which came with a lot of CC and had to give them up as the creators has not yet updated that content.  I checked on Crinrict's and Nraas' site and found open opportunities can also cause this type of problem.  I see shadowdark has responded to my last questions so will take one last shot at this.  I probably should have asked those questions in the beginning but I assumed more than two sim's were being used and the mod issue was moot.   

brappl

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2013, 07:42:41 AM »
(1) I only play 2 sims character and both work as astronaut. Both sims will go back home at 5am.
(2) Only have 2 sims currently.
(3) Yes, still have open opportunities.
(5) Never have thought about other career for now.
(6) Didn't try to move out the sim. Probably will try later.

Hello again shadowdark.  Let's make one more attempt at this. 

Seeing only 2 Sims are currently at play and both are in the same career it is difficult to determine if this is an actual game problem or just a problem with the 2 Sims working at the same career.  With that in mind:

Anytime there is a new patch it is CRITICAL that mods be updated.  Take your mods folder out, clear cache files and try playing the game.  If the problem goes away with that folder out you need to update your mods.  Put the mods folder back in and update your mods or, if no update is available, remove them. Try playing the game.   If that does not work clear out your opportunities.  If the problem still persists you probably have a break in other custom content and there are steps that can be taken to identify the source.

Tip: After taking these steps, and if the problem persists, you might want to try playing other Sims, on different lots with other careers and see what happens.  Playing different scenarios will provide more detail identifying exactly what is happening and when.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2013, 05:48:05 PM »
Pam's point a few posts up is the real problem I think. The work hours are wrong. If the sim was working from 7am Monday to 1am Tuesday, there would be no 5am problem. I can't think of a rabbit hole job that has 5am as part of its work hours. I would think this is part of the reason that the EA stuck check is scheduled for that time.

brappl

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2013, 06:32:56 PM »
Pam's point a few posts up is the real problem I think. The work hours are wrong. If the sim was working from 7am Monday to 1am Tuesday, there would be no 5am problem. I can't think of a rabbit hole job that has 5am as part of its work hours. I would think this is part of the reason that the EA stuck check is scheduled for that time.

Agreed, and that point was brought up by Dellena early on, but, what is the solution for that? Where the work hours are wrong and if stuck check is the problem, something is interfering with stuck check.  A factory reset and Twallan's town reset did not work, but the Mods folder was in game.  Given that only two Sims are being played and at the same career it is hard to tell if this is happening with Sims in different careers.  From past experience, my best shot was Mods and a couple of other suggestions I made in the last post.  Mods that are not updated interrupt other game processes if they are reading code from the same sources.  I strongly suggest to at least try removing the Mods folder, clearing opportunities and clearing cache and then see how the game plays.   

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2013, 06:50:22 PM »
I'm just saying that maybe this is how EA's stuck check works. I don't know code at all. Another idea is to move house and move directly back. It's amazing how many problems this clears up.

Dellena

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2013, 03:29:08 AM »
Another option, if you don't mind loosing all your relationships outside the household, is to save your sims to the bin, start a brand new version of your town, add them from the bin and then see if their hours are still borked.  In fact, you could do that just to see if that fixes it.  If so, something is very wrong with your original town file.

anything