Author Topic: Missing work help  (Read 10659 times)

Offline shadowblack

• Nooboo
Missing work help
« on: July 03, 2013, 06:07:20 AM »
My sims work as an astronaut. The working hour is from 1pm-11am. I don't know why, after I install Sims Island Paradise, there is problem with my career. Around 5am, after my energy drain to zero, usually my sims will just stay at work until 11am but now my sims go back at 5am and it show that my sims late to work and missing work. Can anybody help me?

Offline shadowblack

• Nooboo
Re: Missing work help
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 08:09:36 AM »
Nobody can help me with my problem?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 08:38:14 AM »
Please be patient in waiting for a reply. We have a large member base in many different time zones, some of which, don't log in every day. If after a few days, you have no answer, then feel free to possibly add more information that may help in people being able to help you.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 08:50:47 AM »
That's really odd. Those are not the normal astronaut(level 10 military) working hours. It's been a while since I've played an astronaut but I think it's 7AM to 1AM the next morning and only one day a week on Monday. Is this on going? What does your career tab say your days and hours should be?

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 09:06:40 AM »
The work hours should indeed be 7am to 1 am the next day.

I really have no idea why your times are wrong.

However, I often find a tired, stressed or unhappy sim will leave work part way through a shift.  If this happens you can simply click on their place of work and select go to work.  They should return and finish the shift.  This can also be done by openning the career tab and clicking on go to work.

Particularly with the long shift, it is best to get your sims motive bars up to full before they go.  Adding things which improve mood can help a little two.  For example:  Put a flame fruit in the inventory.  Get the Happiness reward from the Genie.  Have them eat their favourite meal immediately before work.  Their are a lot of ways to improve mood that have a long time effect, or, in some cases, a continous effect.

If this does not fix the problem, please let us know, someone else may have another solution.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

brappl

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2013, 11:20:35 AM »
Crinrict has some information on this problem which might help:  http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/02/bug-clock-stops-at-a-certain-time.html

I do not fully understand why this happens but some time ago I had that problem and enabled testing cheats so I could adjust the needs indicators all the way up (just slide the green bar).  I don't like to do that too often but it did help get my Sims back on schedule.  Also, with testing cheats enabled you can also make needs dynamic by holding the shift key and clicking the the mailbox.  This will max all the needs.  If these methods do not work and your Sim still is missing work it very well can be a routing problem has sprung up. 

Offline shadowblack

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 08:18:21 AM »
Already use the full need cheat. All needs bar is full but still around 5 am, they will still go back home and it will say 'Missing Work'. If I let them go back to work, I will got pay less, around 1k. Is this a bug?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

brappl

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 09:28:02 AM »
Already use the full need cheat.All needs bar is full but still around 5am,they will still go back home and it will say 'Missing Work'.If I let them go back to work,I will got pay less around 1k.Is this a bug?

The only other suggestion I can make is to install Twallan's Master Controller and use the reset town or reset everything function.  This mod might just be able to identify and fix whatever is broken within your game that is causing your problem.  I use Master Controller and Debug Enabler all the time and these mods seem to be able to fix just about everything.  http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController.

Check out the site at nraas.  Carl's and Nraas are the only forums and sites I use for help and have always found answers and loads of credible game information on both.  Give the Nraas site a try if you haven't already.

Dellena

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 09:30:44 AM »
With 1.55, EA added a stuck check that runs around 5 am.  I wonder if that's the cause.

brappl

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2013, 10:01:29 AM »
With 1.55, EA added a stuck check that runs around 5 am.  I wonder if that's the cause.

I bet you have targeted the problem Dellena!!  Now, my next thought is the stuck check is not working and am thinking resetting the town using Twallan's mod will probably do the trick.  Now that I think of it, in the beginning I had a couple of Sims that were workaholics who were "missing" work.  I did a town reset using Master Controller and they no longer missed work.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 11:54:19 AM »
If you don't use mods, and don't want to use them, then, if Brappl is right, and I think he well could be, a factory reset should also fix this problem.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

brappl

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 12:30:34 PM »
If you don't use mods, and don't want to use them, then, if Brappl is right, and I think he well could be, a factory reset should also fix this problem.

Forgot about the Factory Reset, Thanks Wai!  Ricalynn posted good instructions somewhere on the site detailing how to do a factory reset.  For myself, I prefer a Mod if it is a good one, and Twallan's are.  That way I don't have to fuss around with the folders.  Lazy me!!

Offline shadowblack

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 02:52:12 PM »
How to use reset with the mod you just gave me?

Offline shadowblack

• Nooboo
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 03:13:57 PM »
Forgot about the Factory Reset, Thanks Wai!  Ricalynn posted good instructions somewhere on the site detailing how to do a factory reset.  For myself, I prefer a Mod if it is a good one, and Twallan's are.  That way I don't have to fuss around with the folders.  Lazy me!!
Already try reset all using the mod you just gave me.My sims still go back home at 5am :(

brappl

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2013, 03:31:41 PM »
Already try reset all using the mod you just gave me.My sims still go back home at 5am :(

Just thought of this... in your Saves folder.  Check to make sure you do not have a file in there with the extension .bad

Here is the link for instructions on the factory reset http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,7507.125.html.  Instructions are on the bottom of page 6.