Author Topic: Classic Wooden Houseboat: Residential 10 x 14 Lot (boat)  (Read 9215 times)

Offline intl_incident

• You can call me Indy! :D
  • Occult
Classic Wooden Houseboat: Residential 10 x 14 Lot (boat)
« on: July 01, 2013, 07:19:31 PM »

Name: CLASSIC WOODEN HOUSEBOAT
Lot Size: 10 X 14 (Wide Curved Hull)
Bedrooms: 1
Bathrooms: 1
Cost furnished: 53,722
Cost unfurnished: 23,680
EPs: SHO, UL, IP
SPs: NONE
Store: New Year's Nectar (free to download)

Built in the 1930s and lovingly maintained ever since, this classic wooden houseboat is a small but comfortable home on the water.  The owners have updated the furnishings to include a modern kitchen, TV and all-in-one bathroom.  There is plenty of room for fishing off the bow, while the stern holds a chess board, easel and chin-up bar.  The bridge and fore balconies have a computer and telescope for succcessful navigation through the islands or wherever the waters might lead.

I saw some requests for houseboats, and since I was playing around with IP this weekend, I decided to upload this one.  It's not the most spectacular thing ever, but it's got a different feel than most of the pre-made houseboats I saw, so perhaps someone can use it.  It's fairly compact, but there are a couple of empty spaces available to add more things if you want, including a crib or extra bunk next to the kitchen, in the aft section of the main deck.  The angled roof is supposed to look as though the owners have installed solar panels to help provide power.

In addition to the items named above, the ship also has a guitar, video games, book shelf and fish bowl.  I playtested it for a while to make sure that Sims can route to everything OK, and that it sails with no problem. Showtime is pretty optional -- I just used it for the sectional couches on the main deck and the wall panel behind the bed.  University Life is more important, as a lot of the decor and all of the windows come from that EP.  Hope you enjoy it!

Offline smilesdude98

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Classic Wooden Houseboat: Residential 10 x 14 Lot (boat)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 10:03:16 PM »
Wow, this is absolutely beautiful! I especially love the color choices and overall shape of the boat. The decor behind the bed is also a very nice touch. Very well designed!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 03:06:07 PM »
I disagree with you, intl_incident. It is spectacular! I'm downloading. :)
Check out my new story here!

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 03:16:03 PM »
Wow...I love it ! You did an amazing job . I love the looks and feel of the houseboat . You also did a great job on decor and color choices . Happy sailing !  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 11:03:35 AM »
Really fine job!  Most of the houseboats I've seen on the Columbia River are more like floating houses.  Really a house on a barge.  They don't go anywhere just stay docked, like the one in "Sleepless in Seattle".  I like the ones that can actually move like you can find in Europe and this one is truly a classic design with that lovely, curved hull!  It looks so opulent!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 01:39:22 PM »
This looks really really nice. I like the wooden interior alot :) Very idea of "house on a boat" feel. *thumbs up*

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 01:58:40 PM »
Sorry for commenting again... But...

My single Sim has been living here, and it's very versatile. I put a grill on the front deck and replaced 3 of the 4 bar spaces with a LN bar. Perfect party barge/livable home! I most like the accents of navy blue; it lends a nautical touch. There's plenty space to add additional items. I love this houseboat!
Check out my new story here!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline intl_incident

• You can call me Indy! :D
  • Occult
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 11:52:13 PM »
Sorry for commenting again... But...

My single Sim has been living here, and it's very versatile. I put a grill on the front deck and replaced 3 of the 4 bar spaces with a LN bar. Perfect party barge/livable home! I most like the accents of navy blue; it lends a nautical touch. There's plenty space to add additional items. I love this houseboat!

Yay, I am so glad that you and the other commenters like it and that your Sim is making good use of it.  I had a fun time making it and trying to add nautical touches without going overboard.  I am especially fond of the fish on the wall of the bridge. I finally found a good place for that thing! :)

I'm also happy to hear that you personalized it for your Sims.  I thought about adding a LN bar but wanted to minimize the number of EPs required so that more people can use it.  I'm sure it looks awesome in your version!

Joria, I was definitely thinking of some of the actual moving houseboats I've seen when I was building this.  I absolutely agree with you that those are better than the floating, but basically stationary, houses on barges.  That said, I will probably build one of those, too, eventually. ;)

brappl

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 12:49:07 PM »
Absolutely amazing Job  intl_incident!!  The curved hull, or is it the bow (I don't have the sailor trait) is so realistic and the layout leaves plenty of options to DIY if you want to change something.  I also like the fact it did not require a ton of SP's.  I had them all but uninstalled them all.  I probably only used 10% of the items included!   I have EP's 1 through 6 and then 10.  Do not have UL but the house boat works just fine!

Again, congrats and thank you for a super job.