Author Topic: Computer Catching on Fire  (Read 5624 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Computer Catching on Fire
« on: June 27, 2013, 09:00:53 PM »
When my sim was using her computer it broke so I had her to repair it. While she was working on it, it caught on fire. She's a witch so I had her cast an Ice Blast on the fire to put it out.
I've never had this happen and don't remember reading about it happening before.
I was wondering if it's just one of the rare things that can happen that has always been in the game or something new?
I don't remember the name of the computer but it was the most expensive desktop computer and her handiness skill was just a level 2.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
Re: Computer catching on fire.
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 09:24:35 PM »
When my sim was using her computer it broke so I had her to repair it. While she was working on it, it caught on fire. She's a witch so I had her cast an Ice Blast on the fire to put it out.
I've never had this happen and don't remember reading about it happening before.
I was wondering if it's just one of the rare things that can happen that has always been in the game or something new?
I don't remember the name of the computer but it was the most expensive desktop computer and her handiness skill was just a level 2.

I don't recall that being able to happen
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 09:31:39 PM »
I've never heard of that, either.  Very strange.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 10:42:38 PM »
Sometimes, the electric objects can create fire(on fire). In one of my sims game, my male sim(not-handy) repairs a TV. He got singed. Again I make him do the repair despite of him singed, he was electrocuted and died and the TV was on fire. Then, Grim came and finish the job.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 02:49:22 AM »
Right after I made my post, my Sim's roommate was trying to repair the stereo and it caught fire.  First he got shocked, then when the fire broke out, he was electrocuted and Grim came to get him.  I think maybe this is something new from the recent update.  In all the four years I've been on this Forum, I've never heard of it until now.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 03:16:52 AM »
Right after I made my post, my Sim's roommate was trying to repair the stereo and it caught fire.  First he got shocked, then when the fire broke out, he was electrocuted and Grim came to get him.  I think maybe this is something new from the recent update.  In all the four years I've been on this Forum, I've never heard of it until now.
The same thing happened to my sims also. So, every time when I play sims i first create a handy sim and gardener sim. I really don't like the electrocuted death. Recently my elder gardener died from electrocution. She was repairing the stereo autonomously. And she was a level 6 gardener, so close to get the death flower.

(Please delete the pic if it seems inappropriate and off-topic)
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 03:30:31 AM »
Sounds like it might be something new. At least my sim wasn't killed when it happened, she just got singed and had to buy a new computer.
I might have to start calling the repairman more often. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 04:16:36 AM »
In my case, it was an uncontrolled roommate.  My Sim asked him to fix all the broken objects and the stereo was one of them.  When he got shocked, he didn't continue trying to repair the stereo.  He just jumped up and down about the fire.  Then he got another jolt out of nowhere and fell the the floor curled up, electrocuted.  I exited without saving and called the repairperson the next time.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
Re: Computer Catching on Fire
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 09:30:22 AM »
Funnily enough, it happened to me too suddenly  :o

I opened a game to test out some ideas while I'm waiting on IP so I can play my stories. I was screwing around with handiness when I told him to fix a tv that another sim had (Intentionally) broken, he got zapped, but didn't get singed, he just keeled over and died, and there was fire  ???
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 06:44:04 PM »
My sim was repairing the hot tub during a party and it burst into flames. One of the guests put the fire out. I'd never seen this before either.

Offline 547patriot

• Nooboo
Why does this happen?
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 07:18:05 PM »
Every time I try to tinker I get electrocuted I'm a level 10 in handy what should I do?

Offline Wai

• Immortal
Re: Why does this happen?
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 07:24:38 PM »
This is a new one on me.  Why do you need to tinker if your sim is already at level 10?  S/He should be able to repair anything safely, (unless standing in a puddle!)  Or, did you mean that the sim is electrocuted whenever they are set to repair an object?  If so, I can't think what can be causing the problem, sorry.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2013, 08:25:13 PM »
This sounds like what is being discussed here.
Sims being electrocuted and fires starting when repairing electrical items.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2013, 06:05:13 AM »
Every time I try to tinker I get electrocuted I'm a level 10 in handy what should I do?
This is a new one on me.  Why do you need to tinker if your sim is already at level 10?  S/He should be able to repair anything safely, (unless standing in a puddle!)  Or, did you mean that the sim is electrocuted whenever they are set to repair an object?  If so, I can't think what can be causing the problem, sorry.

It does seem to be the same issue so I'll merge the threads. I'll also move the merged thread to Misc Help as it looks like it may be a bug.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Dellena

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2013, 06:36:34 AM »
Just goes to show, the 50 for the repairman is worth it. ;)  I play with Low Will so I direct nearly all of my sims' actions.  If I tell them to repair something, I always save game first.  At least a couple years ago, I lost the dad in one of my families to electrocution when he was changing a broken lightbulb on a lamp.  He didn't get singed first.  He just tried to repair and ZAP, dead and Grim came to call.