Author Topic: How to destroy items without earning money?  (Read 6901 times)

Offline PootisCake

• Nooboo
How to destroy items without earning money?
« on: June 27, 2013, 05:11:04 PM »
I'm doing a challenge where I have to survive without earning money. I have a bunch of useless stuff from dumpster diving but I want to get rid of it. I don't want to just store them in the Family Inventory, it bothers me. So is there a way to get rid of items without earning money (basically without selling them)?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: How to destroy items without earning money?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 05:17:39 PM »
Welcome to the forum, PootisCake.  I edited your post to remove the large sized print as we prefer that all posts use the same standard sized font, except in stories where larger fonts are allowed.

Other than storing things in the Family Inventory, the only other way I can think of to get rid of things without being paid for them would be to give them away to other Sims as gifts.  But perhaps other people will have more ideas.

Enjoy the forum!

Edit:  Another way to do it would be to sell the items, then use the family funds cheat to remove the money.  Depending on how many items you have, this might be faster than the gifting strategy.  :)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 06:28:39 PM »
If you have WA or the EP which has a storage cabinet, simply buy one of these (chest or cabinet) and use it to store all the smaller surplus items.  You need never open the chest, just dump the item into it and forget about it.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Frey

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 07:34:28 PM »
If you're doing a challenge I guess you are not allowed to use cheats, but you could use the testingcheats, then right-click on the item and then object - delete. I'm not 100% sure but I think you don't get money this way (someone please correct me if I'm wrong!)

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 08:10:56 PM »
If your sim is an inventor, you could detonate them.

Frey

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 11:19:18 PM »
Oops! I meant shift+click, not right-click.