Author Topic: Walkout basement?  (Read 15594 times)

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
Walkout basement?
« on: August 02, 2010, 12:30:32 PM »
I was wondering as I just started with building and am not very good if it is possible to make a walkout or even a daylight basement? I would love to see examples or even get some from the exchange if there are no mods or cc in them and they were built by a member on here. I don't know if it would be something I could do but would love to know how and see some.

Offline TommyT

• Occult
Re: Walkout basement?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 06:17:22 PM »
It's definitely possible.  I'm at work until tomorrow morning but I'll try and put up an example when I get home.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 07:03:38 PM »
I am looking forward to that to TommyT. The only way I will think of this to be possible is to create a basement above the ground.
This can't be done without mods I think.
Saying that: I only have tried it out without mods. I hope it is possible to still.

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 05:31:53 AM »
If you made a hill on the property, flatten the top of said hill, and built on the flat part, then made a basement under it, I believe you could then flatten more of the lot, and have made a sunlight basement.
You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew, what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 06:03:54 AM »
Do you mean like this?

I did this by placing a block on a sloping site then building the lower level using the foundation tool. Then you just remove some of the foundation and use ordinary walls where the ground is lower.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 07:22:26 AM »
Yeah, the only way to do that is through the old way of making basements like Twinmums cool house shows.  :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Leto85

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 08:18:38 AM »
If you made a hill on the property, flatten the top of said hill, and built on the flat part, then made a basement under it, I believe you could then flatten more of the lot, and have made a sunlight basement.

I'm sad I have to dissagree with that. Although I've tried that to and was hoping it would work, it doesn't. Unless you mean the standard basement ingame, I believe you are talking about the basement added by both expansions.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 10:45:15 AM »
Leto, I thought the basement tool was added by a patch to everyone, regardless of expansion. But yes, I don't see a way of using that tool to have a sunlight basement, only the old way of making basements would do that, as Twinmum shows. I love the look of that house by the way Twinmum.

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 12:15:12 PM »
That house is way too cool Twinmom!  I would love to make a basement like that

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 12:25:18 PM »
Yes that is the kind of thing I am looking for. Any chance it's available without mods and cc on the exchange? And can't wait to see what TommyT has in mind or anyone else. As this is the kind of thing I like but don't know how to build that myself. I always had trouble with the basement building in Sims 2.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 12:38:33 PM »
No Mods in the old way of making basements!   :)

Basement Tool was added in a patch as well as the WA Expansion.  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2010, 01:57:03 PM »
The last house I put up on the exchange has a walkout ground floor (or very large basement lol) just so you can see that it's possible.
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2829113
A quick search on the exchange came up with this house, which I think is more of what you're talking about:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=598169

Leto85

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2010, 02:56:50 PM »
Leto, I thought the basement tool was added by a patch to everyone, regardless of expansion. But yes, I don't see a way of using that tool to have a sunlight basement, only the old way of making basements would do that, as Twinmum shows. I love the look of that house by the way Twinmum.

Probably. Then I must have downloaded that patch after installing WA.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2010, 05:04:47 PM »
I do like them. Wow that first one is huge. Did you make that one? I won't download from the exchange though unless it is built by one of our own members here and they say it is free of all mods and cc. As I fear having a problem with that but trust our members to be honest!

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2010, 06:22:20 PM »
The first one is one that I made, the second is from the exchange and I can't verify its content.