Author Topic: So overwhelmed by Supernatural  (Read 3881 times)

Offline grovierogue2011

• Nooboo
So overwhelmed by Supernatural
« on: June 27, 2013, 04:47:20 PM »
Hi everyone. So I am brand new to Sims Supernatural (As well as Sims 3.)

I have so many questions and was hoping for some great pointers.

Here are some of my question.

For vampires-

1. I am wondering. Can vampires eat regular food in this game, Or must they drink only blood?
2. Are there any special things I should know about the vampires on this game?
3. What powers do they have?
4. Do vampires have to sleep in coffins? Or are they able to sleep in regular beds? (I didn't see any coffins in the bedroom section. But I might have missed them.)

I have more questions about other supernatural creatures that I will post in this same thread eventually after these questions have been answered!

Thanks all!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: So overwelmed by Supernatural
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 06:25:30 PM »
Hi grovierogue and welcome to the forum. 

1.  Vampires can eat regular food, but they get the nauseous moodlet and it doesn't raise their hunger bar, so plasma and plasma fruit is about it.  I am not sure about the plasma fruit pancakes, it has been a while since I had one eat those.
2.  Too much sun, of course, will fry a vampire, unless they have the sunscreen.  After six pm, they skill a little faster than during the day.
3. You do have interactions to hunt someone, feed on someone, turn someone into a vampire, read someone's mind, learn traits and make someone think about them.  You click on somebody else to do that.
4. They don't sleep in coffins, but they have slabs in the buy mode, but they can sleep on regular beds.

I am sure someone else can remember more, that is all I can think of off the top of my head.  Feel free to ask as many questions as you like.  Happy simming.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 06:29:31 PM »
1. I think they can eat normal food, but they won't fill their Thirst need with it. You'll have to either feed off of Sims, eat plasma fruit, or drink those plasma juice pouch things from the fridge.

2. Vampires won't be happy if they stay out in the sun too long. If they stay out too long, they'll faint. (They can't die like that, but it's still a pain) Instead of a hunger meter, they have a Thirst meter, which is filled by the methods above. Carl's Vampire guide might be worth a read, too, if there's anything I didn't mention.

3. They can run a lot faster, have a life span five times the length of a normal Sim, and get a bunch of interactions with normal Sims. (Feeding off of them, turning them into a vampire, learning traits, etc)

4. There are these crypt things that you can get in Buy Mode, (I'm afraid I don't know where) but they can use regular beds.

Offline grovierogue2011

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 06:59:25 PM »
Thank you both so much!

It's so very overwhelming to figure all of this out on your own, (as I'm sure you both know.)

Audren! I will definitely check on the link you have given me to the Vampire Guide. I am also very new to Sims 3, and everything there is to do varies so much from Sims 2 (which is the one I started out with.)

I have another random question. If two supernatural creatures have a child. Let's say a Vampire and a witch. Will that child have traits of both magical creatures?

Also, for Vampires, do you have to have a good relationship with the other Sim in order to turn them into a vampire?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 07:05:45 PM »
I have another random question. If two supernatural creatures have a child. Let's say a Vampire and a witch. Will that child have traits of both magical creatures?

Also, for Vampires, do you have to have a good relationship with the other Sim in order to turn them into a vampire?

No, the child will be one or the other. None of the Supernatural Occults will mix together. You can only ever have hybrids with a Ghost (E.g. Vampire-Ghost, Werewolf-Ghost etc.) or an Alien - an Alien child will only have the abilities of one parent however I believe.

Yes, I think they have to be friends for it to happen, although there is still a chance of a refusal. Romantic Interests will turn each other by biting the neck rather than the wrist. ;)

Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

anything