Author Topic: Swanky Gamer Pad: 30 x 30 Residential Lot  (Read 6207 times)

Offline intl_incident

• You can call me Indy! :D
  • Occult
Swanky Gamer Pad: 30 x 30 Residential Lot
« on: June 26, 2013, 10:52:05 PM »

Name: SWANKY GAMER PAD
Lot Size: 30 x 30
Bedrooms: 2
Bathrooms: 1
Cost furnished: 89,830
Cost unfurnished: 50,939
EPs: GEN, SEA
SPs: NONE
Store: NONE

Posted in response to a request by Cathair1 on the building request thread, for houses using GEN and SEA, under 90K simoleons.  Free for anyone to use for any purpose.  If you use it in a story, etc, I would love to hear about it.

This is a modern house for the serious geek.  Decorated with movie and game swag, and equipped with the latest electronics, the house is perfect for a small, tech-savvy family.  Snowboards and a pool ensure that the residents don't spend ALL their time in front of a TV or computer screen.

The lower level has an open floorplan with a two story living room and dining room.  There's a TV with video games to keep the family entertained.  The efficient kitchen has a microwave and a coffee machine for all important snacks and caffeine during late-night gaming marathons.  The comfortable master bedroom is a quiet retreat, while the child's room, decorated with skater paraphenalia and sports posters, has a desk and bookshelf for homework.

Upstairs is a computer loft with a chess set, a treadmill, and an outdoor telescope.  The pool deck has a small bar and fountain.

Upper floor plan
Lower floor plan

Designed to be occupied by the Oliveira family, which you can download here:  http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,16617.0.html

Offline bunso

• Your friendly kabarkada
  • Llama Wrangler
  • I want to be your friend.
Re: Swanky Gamer Pad: 30 x 30 Residential Lot
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 11:58:11 PM »
WOW!

AWESOME!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 02:31:01 AM »
Lovely ;D Bookmarked

Offline bunso

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 12:54:27 PM »
Hi Intl, I'm just wondering.. I can't install the file. I mean, after I install it, it appears to be not installed in the launcher. Am I missing something?

Offline intl_incident

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 02:48:34 PM »
Hi Intl, I'm just wondering.. I can't install the file. I mean, after I install it, it appears to be not installed in the launcher. Am I missing something?

Hi, bunso -- there are a couple of reasons this might be happening.  The first thing I would try is simply to delete it from your downloads folder, redownload it, and try reinstalling it.  Sometimes the file gets corrupted when you're downloading it. 

I'll try downloading it and installing it from when I get home tonight, too, to make sure something didn't happen to the file while I was uploading it.

If that doesn't work, I supose it might also be an issue with patch incompatibility of some kind.  I can't remember ever seeing a patch problem with lots, but that sometimes causes things to not show up in the launcher.  I haven't updated to the latest Island Paradise patch yet, so if you have, maybe that might have something to do with it.

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 03:50:37 AM »
That looks great :)
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 04:24:43 AM »
I love the look ! Great job !  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bunso

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 10:28:00 PM »
Hi, bunso -- there are a couple of reasons this might be happening.  The first thing I would try is simply to delete it from your downloads folder, redownload it, and try reinstalling it.  Sometimes the file gets corrupted when you're downloading it. 

I'll try downloading it and installing it from when I get home tonight, too, to make sure something didn't happen to the file while I was uploading it.

If that doesn't work, I supose it might also be an issue with patch incompatibility of some kind.  I can't remember ever seeing a patch problem with lots, but that sometimes causes things to not show up in the launcher.  I haven't updated to the latest Island Paradise patch yet, so if you have, maybe that might have something to do with it.

You're right Intl! It have patch incompatibility. It says I need to upgrade my TS3 in ordedr for the lots to work. Is there any work around for that?

Offline intl_incident

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 10:55:58 AM »
I don't know of any workaround if you are patched lower than I am when I made the lots.  I was only patched up to 1.50.56 when I created them.  As far as I know you have to update your game to at least that patch in order for them to work.  I could be wrong though.

Is there some reason you don't want to install the patches?

Offline bunso

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2013, 10:46:44 PM »
I just downloaded some of my EP's.. :( That's why I don't really update my game.  :( :( :(