Author Topic: Loves The Heat/Cold  (Read 5309 times)

Offline SingleMomSim

• Llama Wrangler
Loves The Heat/Cold
« on: June 25, 2013, 09:15:10 PM »
Was just wondering if anyone had any specific information about these two traits.  They are not listed in the trait guide!  Are there any benefits (other than the moodlets)?  Are there any specific LTW's that might pop up because of them?  :o

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Re: Loves The Heat/Cold
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 09:20:07 PM »
Far as I'm aware, no LTW is tied to them.

I haven't used them, but my understanding is:

Loves the Heat trait enables Sims to stay outdoors in summer longer before potentially catching on fire
Loves the Cold trait enables Sims to stay outdoors in winter longer before potentially freezing

There may be moodlets attached too, but I'm not 100% positive.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SingleMomSim

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 09:46:33 PM »
I have a sim who has the trait but he's only a toddler!  Anxious to see what happens with it, if anything.

Offline Snooty

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 03:55:09 AM »
I'm currently updating my Traits list and I don't have this expansion installed. I like to know if these 2 traits have any special socials. Like talk about the cold or something like that. Could someone check that out for me?

Offline SingleMomSim

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 11:20:44 AM »
I'm currently updating my Traits list and I don't have this expansion installed. I like to know if these 2 traits have any special socials. Like talk about the cold or something like that. Could someone check that out for me?

I will try to remember to do that the next time I play!  My heir, who is a young adult, has loves the heat.  Of course, right now in the game, it's only Spring so I guess I won't be able to see until Summer roles around. I honestly can't remember if I've ever seen a special social for it.

However, I DID give him the lifetime points reward of Immune to Cold because I sent him out fishing at all times of the year.  He went out and never got the cold moodlet but did pop up a wish to "warm up".  So somewhere in the coding, I'm thinking, it still registers that he's cold, just doesn't give him a moodlet for it, maybe?  I don't know.

Offline Snooty

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 01:18:37 PM »
Thanks, I apreciate it!  And thanks for the info on not getting that moodlet. Perhaps it's the same for Loves the heat? That it doesn't get a Heat moodlet with that Trait?

Offline SingleMomSim

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 02:26:51 PM »
Thanks, I apreciate it!  And thanks for the info on not getting that moodlet. Perhaps it's the same for Loves the heat? That it doesn't get a Heat moodlet with that Trait?

Hmm, not sure I understand.  The TRAITS do produce the moodlets.  It's the Lifetime Rewards that remove the negative ones.  Like if your sim is too cold they get that negative cold moodlet, but if you give them the reward of "Immune to Cold", it takes that moodlet away.  Did you mean the Immune to Heat reward?  I'm sure that takes the negative heat moodlet away too!  Possible they won't get sunburned?  I don't know.

The last time I played, when I exited the game it was still Spring time so I still haven't had a chance to test out his trait!  I might be able to play again tomorrow night.  This had been a busy week!!!

After thinking about it, I do vaguely recall him having the ability to "talk about the heat", but don't they all get that ability?  If it's hot outside, I mean.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Snooty

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 10:09:13 AM »
After thinking about it, I do vaguely recall him having the ability to "talk about the heat", but don't they all get that ability?  If it's hot outside, I mean.
I wouldn't know. But I think that's something that is very easy to check.