Author Topic: Bored of the Sims 3  (Read 6755 times)

Offline ekobeko

• Townie
  • Seasons is here!!
Bored of the Sims 3
« on: June 18, 2013, 10:30:40 AM »
Hello, I have been playing the Sims 3 for 3 or 4 years now and finally I got bored. I have all of the expansion packs and I have tried everything; I left it alone for months, I created strange households, I played with pets, vampires... So I am asking for help. It can be anything as long as it helps me get over this. I want to play but every time I open it I close it within 15 minutes. Also the fact that my game crashes after an hour or so might be the problem too. Thanks already!!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Bored of the Sims 3
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 12:54:31 PM »
Have you tried playing any of the challenges?   Have you gotten every LTW yet, done every career?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 01:11:03 PM »
Ekobeko, I think a lot of Sims players have that experience.  When I first joined this forum, it was because I was getting bored and wanted to take part in the Challenges.  You can learn a lot about the game and really sharpen your skills doing a challenge. 

In addition to the official Challenges, there are a number of Projects designed by various forum members.  Have you looked at those? 

And, of course, there are the Contests.  Taking part in a CAS Contest or a Building Contest can be a lot of fun and also a learning experience.

For me, creating characters and writing stories about them keeps me interested in the game.  I may not always be playing the game a lot, but I have a lot of fun creating the settings for my stories and doing the screenshots. 

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

brappl

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 08:09:51 PM »
Edobeko,  I think we have all gone through that.  I started with Sims 1 and am still playing but from time to time have dropped out so to speak.  Schipperke and Ricalynn's suggestions are a wonderful idea.  I'm going to try some of that myself.  Up until finding this web site I was stuck using forums which either go into too much personal, inappropriate dialogue or constantly complaining about EA. AND were poorly monitored.  Totally turned me off.  Use this site to rekindle your interest.  I am a new member here and can't seem to pull myself away right now.  There is so much information and ideas and the staff and members are great.  One bit of advise:  Your crashing computer is not helping spark your interest.  Get to the bottom of your problem with that and you're half way there!

Offline ekobeko

• Townie
  • Seasons is here!!
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 01:17:16 AM »
Thank you to all of you very much. I guess I'll see if there are any challenges or contests running now an try them. I didn't know there were CAS challenges I'm going to try one of them. Thanks a lot and  happy simming!!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 06:02:14 AM »
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 06:05:09 AM »
I too have had the same problem.  When I don't know what to do, I have a file, where I had gone into every town and moved a couple of my favorite single sims in each town to another town.  I then would change households and eventually find a family to play.  It is interesting who gets hooked up with who and it can be very entertaining.  In one town, Agnes got together with Jon Lesson, that was interesting, lol.  :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline galaxy.

• Nooboo
  • \\ sims l♥ver. //
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 02:11:10 AM »
Yeah, the Sims 3 can get PRETTY boring. You just have to entertain yourself by doing even STRANGER things.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 03:26:38 PM »
Ok, you need to sort out the crashes, they sure spoil any game.

My first thought on this is a factory reset, it could cure the problem, but in any event, it will do no harm and should improve the way the game performs generally.

Down grade the graphics if they are on high.  You can always restore them if you do not think they are the problem.

Run a malware program such as Malwarebytes which is free to download and will remove any background programs which may have crept on to your machine.

Do a general clean-up of your computer using the systems tools.  Remove all games that you no longer play.  Clean out the temorary files, cookies, and recycling bin.  Then do a defrag.   This should make sure your computer is running as smoothly as possible.

If this does not cure the crashes, I'm afraid I can't help further.  Perhaps the computer needs some general maintenance attention.  Have you had it cleaned recently, you would be surprised how quickly dust can accumulate inside and how this can affect performance.

As to game play, others have given you some good ideas.  My favourite though, is to work out a series of tasks, ie: complete five careers on normal lifespan, note down the time taken in sim days and weeks, then start a new sim and try to beat it.  Or choose a specific trait, ie ambitious, then play twins with identical four traits.  I give the chosen trait to one and leave the other with out a fifth trait.  Then play them in one household, doing exactly the same things to discover how much or little benefit accrues from the trait.

“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline Nyxi

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 10:07:12 PM »
Well, you'll only be bored for a few more months because Sims 4 is coming out  :D

But seriously... I don't really understand how one can get bored of Sims, because to me, one of the best qualities of Sims is the infinite replay value. In an MMO, the questline will always be the same, but the Sims is a life simulation, and no person/life is the same. They are all unique, which gives the game infinite replay value.

About the crashes - is it your game crashing or your computer crashing? Because if it's your computer I would reccommend installing C Cleaner and clearing out your registry/scanning for viruses, repartitioning your hard drive, defrag and clear out junk files.
If the game itself is crashing, then do what Wai said.