Author Topic: The Sims 4 Official Information  (Read 127956 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Discussion Thread
« Reply #195 on: February 05, 2014, 08:22:14 PM »
SimsVIP is reporting that Sims 4 will come out in September (source: EA Brazil). I don't speak Portuguese so I checked their source in Google Translate -- it matches up.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #196 on: February 22, 2014, 04:38:49 AM »
SimGuruCopeland has tweeted. There will be recolourable flowers. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #197 on: April 23, 2014, 08:22:12 PM »
Here is some general Sims 4 information which is making the rounds.  I fully expect this thread to be merged to the Sims 4 general discussion thread ;)

This first information comes from SimGuruRachel's twitter feed which can be found here:
https://twitter.com/SimGuruRachel

She announced that the Sims 4 will definitely have a presence at this years Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) which will run from June 10 to June 12, 2014. 

Her exact message was this:
Hey Simmers. Confirming all the rumors. Yes, The Sims 4 will be at E3.

(The specific tweet can be found here)

Additionally, EA's official 'Sims Magazine' has a little more information as well. 

If you wish, you can sign up for it here, if you already haven't:
http://thesimsofficialmag.com/issue6/simlish

What I found interesting is they have mention of Simlish.  The following is taken directly from the magazine:
As Simlish continues to grow and expand with each new entry in the series, so does the size of the group of folks working behind-the-scenes to make it an increasingly fun aspect of each game. Starting with only three voice actors in the earlier games, The Sims voice team has now tripled to nine different actors. A bigger team makes it possible to have a much greater range of choice in how your Sim characters sound when they speak.

This ongoing expansion extends to The Sims 4, which will feature the broadest range of Simlish yet. “We’ve expanded the lexicon, created specific ‘slang’ for different Sim age groups, and placed more focus on object-specific terminology,” said Cameron. “We’ve focused harder than ever before on making each Sim sound unique, and it’s really paying off. The cohesion and attention to detail has really helped Simlish to feel even more like a real language.”

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #198 on: April 24, 2014, 07:56:29 PM »
I'll go ahead and merge this with the official Sims 4 thread.  Thanks, Bri!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #199 on: May 06, 2014, 10:09:00 PM »
Just a few more Sims 4 Goodies.  The first comes from the Sims 3 Twitter feed.  This actually came out on the 4th, celebrating 'Star Wars Day'.  It also looks to be how Sims in Sims 4 will look.

Also, as mentioned earlier, EA will be revealing their new games at E3, which will include the Sims 4. 
(source:  EA at E3 on June 9th)
It’s that time of year again! At E3 2014 in Los Angeles, we will be showcasing our newest games at our annual E3 event “EA World Premiere: E3 2014 Preview” on June 9 at 12 p.m. Pacific Time. You’ll get to see exclusive sneak peeks of new projects and never-before-seen content.

Our CEO Andrew Wilson will be hosting the show along with our development teams from the Shrine Expo Hall in Los Angeles.

Don’t miss any of the action – you can watch the broadcast live on Spike TV or stream it from www.ea.com/e3 and www.twitch.tv.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #200 on: May 06, 2014, 10:24:56 PM »
I'm merging this with the main Sims 4 thread (at Bri's request). :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #201 on: May 07, 2014, 01:08:28 AM »
Just to let everyone know - I know some have heard that the Sims 4 is coming out in September, BUT I went to JB Hi-Fi yesterday and they confirmed that it's not coming out until December this year (at least in Australia). So still a while off yet :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #202 on: May 09, 2014, 02:27:27 PM »

Looks like one has to be 18+ to legally purchase Sims 4 when released in Russia.  Due to same-sex relationships, it will be Adult Only.

Source: Escapist Magazine

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
« Reply #203 on: May 09, 2014, 02:53:01 PM »
This is so silly, same sex relationships have  been in Sims 3 for a while my own version of  Gobias Koffi is very happily married to David Koffi in my game!  ::)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #204 on: May 09, 2014, 04:04:01 PM »
Russia has recently passed new restrictive laws. Maybe this is a result of that.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #205 on: May 10, 2014, 04:20:19 AM »
I'm going to merge this with our Sims 4 discussion thread.  Bri, if you have something to post in the future and that thread is locked, just send me a message and I will unlock it for you.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #206 on: May 10, 2014, 07:24:05 PM »
Sure thing Pam

And I apologize to the other moderators, I'm sure their rolling their eyes at me as well ;)

Anyway, as one may guess, there is some more Sim 4 news.

See the Goth family star in the all-new #TheSims4 video on Wednesday.

Source:  Sims 3 Twitter

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #207 on: May 14, 2014, 04:46:42 PM »
For those who want a little more Sims 4 news, EA has now released the Sims 4 Create-A-Sim Gameplay Trailer on Youtube.

You can find the link here:
Sims 4 Create-A-Sim Gameplay Trailer

Offline VioletG

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #208 on: May 15, 2014, 01:02:45 AM »
The part where they assign traits is pretty interesting. It looks like some traits are chosen by the player and at least one trait is assigned based on what lifetime wish you give you your Sim. I have mixed feelings about that ... on the one hand it's fun to be able to totally randomize traits no matter what the sim "wishes" - makes for some interesting storytelling. On the other hand, tying some traits to aspirations makes those traits more unique since only sims with those aspirations can have them.

I am guessing anyway ... that's what I gathered from the video, but it's hard to tell how it will actually work since the trait assignment was not actually shown via gameplay.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #209 on: May 15, 2014, 04:45:19 AM »
It seems to me (and I think I posted about it a few pages back) that you gain the trait for the LTW when you complete it. So you get 3 traits, 4 if you're a power player. ;)