Author Topic: The Sims 4 Official Information  (Read 127973 times)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Discussion Thread
« Reply #165 on: October 22, 2013, 04:52:01 PM »
A recent blurb from Gamespot has the following information:
Following developer Maxis' controversial release of the always-online SimCity earlier in 2013, The Sims 4 will be a single-player game that does not require an Internet connection to play. An Origin account will be required for activation, however.

The Sims 4 will contain a new feature, dubbed SmartSim, which promises to make it easier for players to build and modify houses. The game's Create-A-Sim mode has also been enhanced from previous games, EA says.

Footage of the game was shown during EA's Gamescom 2013 press conference.

EA also this afternoon confirmed that Respawn Entertainment's anticipated shooter Titanfall will be released on March 11, 2014

The original link can be found here

Essentially, nothing really new in that announcement other than confirmation on other bits. 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #166 on: October 22, 2013, 05:59:10 PM »
Announcement on Facebook:

I hope it comes out before my birthday (end of September). I'm still not sure about it though. One day I'm really excited and the next I tell myself I won't get it. But they say there's more news to come in the next few months so maybe there'll be something that will tip me one way or the other.

We need a link for that before we can call it official. Always always post a link for anything like that.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #167 on: October 22, 2013, 07:00:55 PM »
We need a link for that before we can call it official. Always always post a link for anything like that.
Here is the announcement Snufflesxx was reporting, Pam.

Hope it helps :D  This is a big display of the announcement.
The Sims 4:  Fall 2014

If you want the general official Face book page, it is here:
The Sims Facebook

The Facebook link comes directly from the Sims 3 page. 

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #168 on: October 23, 2013, 12:36:59 AM »
SimGuruRachel, TS4's Executive Producer, also tweeted about it: link

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #169 on: October 23, 2013, 04:32:15 AM »
Thank you both, Bri and Seabody.  That's exactly what we needed.  Fall of 2014.  We've got a good while to still enjoy our Sims 3.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #170 on: November 11, 2013, 10:09:25 PM »
Me as well. I'm happy to spend more time with The Sims 3.  :)

Offline simsfan

• Townie
« Reply #171 on: December 03, 2013, 08:06:18 PM »
I don't know if it's true or not but, I just read that the sims 4 will only come out for pc and mac. Why would EA make this decision when there's a significant number of gamer's that only use consoles or don't have a pc that can run the game? makes no sense to me.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #172 on: December 03, 2013, 09:14:00 PM »
I don't know if it's true or not but, I just read that the sims 4 will only come out for pc and mac. Why would EA make this decision when there's a significant number of gamer's that only use consoles or don't have a pc that can run the game? makes no sense to me.

First of all, where did you read this? Was it some sort of legitiment site, or not?

The Sims have never released console versions at the same time as PC/Mac release. If a console version is coming for Sims 4, it most likely will not be until a year or two after the computer launch.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #173 on: December 04, 2013, 01:39:25 AM »

We already have a thread about The Sims 4 which this would fit into well, so I'm merging this topic with that one. :)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #174 on: December 06, 2013, 08:24:00 PM »
I think JB HiFi in Australia are mistaken. I was in there today and they have on their Sims 4 display that it will be released in March next year. I asked the fellow if it was correct and he said yes, there was no actual date, but it would be released in March. I'm thinking that someone has heard Fall 2014 and thought well in Australia Fall/Autumn starts in March. Be interesting to see what they have to say when march rolls around lol
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #175 on: December 09, 2013, 01:36:15 AM »
I'm confused here. Our Spring is September through November, which is Fall for the US. March is Autumn for us (Americans call it Fall), and Spring for the US. So EA is contradicting themselves.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #176 on: December 09, 2013, 02:14:06 AM »
I'm confused here. Our Spring is September through November, which is Fall for the US. March is Autumn for us (Americans call it Fall), and Spring for the US. So EA is contradicting themselves.

There had been rumors of a March release, but then we got something official from EA saying fall, which made us think we have almost a year.  I'm going to look for that link now.  Seabody, if you beat me to it, please link it again here.  It's confusing, for sure.  I thought that EA always goes with U.S. times and dates because they're located here. 

Edit:  Here is the official link.  It's from The Sims Facebook page.

Edit again:  Twinmum, I'm not understanding where you got confirmation that it's coming out in March 2014.  The response from EA Games Australia that you linked said it's releasing Fall 2014 for U.S. and Spring 2014 for Australia.  That comes out to the September/October timeframe.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #177 on: December 09, 2013, 02:27:47 AM »
Arghhh. I think I have been trying to work this out for too long. Honestly, when I read that response, I read it as they wondered why I was told fall. I need to go back and correctly answer them as to who told me March. The guys in JB and EB did both tell me March though.

Edit - I've removed my post about it coming out early as it was an error on my behalf and leaving it will just cause more confusion (as if I wasn't confused enough lol) So the short version is that the release date is still Fall 2014 meaning late in the year, but for anyone in Australia that goes into JB Hi Fi or EB Games, you need to know that their  signs for a March/Autumn release are incorrect.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #178 on: December 09, 2013, 10:56:46 AM »
Just one more bit of confirmation for the release date.  If you go to Origin, you can pre-order Sims 4.  The release date they give is Fall 2014.

For an official link that isn't just a Facebook announcement, here is the Origin link.

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/sims-4/pc-download/base-game/digital-deluxe-edition-ANW.html

The release date is roughly in the middle on the right hand side of the screen.  Admittedly, this is for the US store, but for the Sims, the US tends to get the games first.

Offline yruvian

• Occult
« Reply #179 on: December 23, 2013, 08:34:43 AM »
Just one more bit of confirmation for the release date.  If you go to Origin, you can pre-order Sims 4.  The release date they give is Fall 2014.

For an official link that isn't just a Facebook announcement, here is the Origin link.

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/sims-4/pc-download/base-game/digital-deluxe-edition-ANW.html

The release date is roughly in the middle on the right hand side of the screen.  Admittedly, this is for the US store, but for the Sims, the US tends to get the games first.
I think it isn't really fair to the non-US citizens, but yes, even if you pre-order a download-version(!) months in advance, you still have to wait at least a day longer than you would have if you had lived in the US.