Author Topic: The Sims 4 Official Information  (Read 127964 times)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Discussion Thread
« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2013, 03:29:24 AM »
Just read an interesting article over at TSR from their gamescom experience, this part was encouraging for those of us with hair worries.

Jill Johnson is a Producer on TS4 Create-A-Sim. She demoed CAS for us and then we got to play on our own, trying out the tools, stretching our imaginations and grabbing screens and info to share with you all. This build has a very limited set of clothing, hair and other assets. I invited people to post in our forums, any questions they wanted answering and there were lots of concerns about the quality of the hair and it looking like plastic. I grilled Jill best I could on the issue and she explained that hair seen in the early teasers (remember the eyes?) were built with something like Hair version 1.5, today we were using Hair 3.0 and has massive improvements already. Hair isn't finished yet and there is still work to do on layers and textures so as with most stuff, don't write it off just yet, there's still a long way to go before we see a finished game.

Would it be okay to post a link to the article Pam? I wasn't sure because of where it is.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #151 on: August 25, 2013, 07:20:19 AM »
Just read an interesting article over at TSR from their gamescom experience, this part was encouraging for those of us with hair worries.

Would it be okay to post a link to the article Pam? I wasn't sure because of where it is.

Sure, that would be fine.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2013, 12:55:58 PM »
Ok I found it. She did say no height changes for Sims 4. For anyone interested I found it in the Gamescom video at about 1:28:45.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #154 on: August 29, 2013, 01:53:31 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has any info on the Mac version? Is the release date the same and when can we pre-order?

Offline KJSinclair

• Townie
  • I may have a sharp tongue but I have a soft heart
« Reply #155 on: August 30, 2013, 12:43:33 AM »
Let's talk about Easter Eggs, there is a whole buzz about it on Facebook right now, so has anyone spotted anything in the official trailers. Keep it to what can be seen in the official trailers so we don't go off topic and into the realm of wants and supposition.

The only thing I have noticed is the basketball of the guy that falls through the sky.

So again, has anyone noticed anything?

KJ
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes we have to wait a long time for the reason to become clear.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #156 on: August 30, 2013, 01:09:08 AM »
I just found my first easter egg. But it wasn't an easter egg that I clicked. I was watching the trailer looking for actual easter eggs, when a little white boxed area appeared. Then another one - so I clicked it. And it took me to a different trailer of an old guy watching sims television. Afterwards it told me I found the first easter egg. I didn't notice anything special about the video though - it was just an old guy watching tv then getting scared of a llama.

EDIT:  Ok so I think the white boxes appear when my mouse happens to hover on the video screen over an easter egg - since I still can't see any easter eggs, I figure I'll just wave my mouse over the video and click any white frames that come up. My second video was all about: Goopy Gilscarbo in Space. :-\

EDIT: So I only found 4 "easter eggs" that way. One was Sexy Sauce, one was Goopy, one was a Wugglesworth Bear, and the last was the old guy watching tv.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #157 on: August 30, 2013, 01:36:41 AM »
There are two 'easter eggs' in the family meal scene. I never got one for the basketball, might have to watch it again and see. I also found the TV one and the intergalacial dance party with Goopy. Supposedly there is meant to be one with where the gnome is, when the girl comes out of the house with the dog, but I didn't get anything there.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #158 on: August 30, 2013, 01:47:34 AM »
There is a Bella Goth poster that is a link too.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #159 on: August 30, 2013, 09:38:50 AM »
Would someone please explain in more detail what the easter eggs are where you're finding them?  I imagine there's some confusion for those who don't know much about game easter eggs.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #160 on: August 30, 2013, 10:29:04 AM »
It seems EA updated the Arrival trailer to include some 'easter eggs' as you watch it certain scenes will have a white frame somewhere on the screen, the frame or box is a link to another small video, they are apparently going to be adding new ones as time goes by, so far there are seven that people have found I admit I didn't manage to spot all of these only the ones already mentioned in this thread and that was because I read it here first  ;D

There's some more info on it here at the new EA sims 4 forum.
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9683535.page

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #161 on: September 12, 2013, 06:32:23 AM »
Well the build/buy embargo was lifted yesterday, some of it seems quite interesting, the ability to move whole rooms is very appealing instead of having to demolish and rebuild, and the new roof function sounds very good, I always get stuck when it comes to adding a roof as I can never get it how I'd like.

Ruthless KK did a nice write up about it.

http://getsimplyruthless.blogspot.fr/2013/09/build-me-up-buttercup_11.html

And Sims VIP have a page with a round up of all the sim campers write ups about various things Sims 4 which is quite a handy list of links.

http://simsvip.com/2013/08/26/sims-gamescom-fansite-preview-list/

I'm still on the fence about this game but then it's early and we don't know an awful lot about actual gameplay as yet, some of the new features look interesting but not enough yet to have really sold me on it.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #162 on: September 30, 2013, 11:00:41 PM »
I'm reading The Sims Official Magazine and a few of the things they mention as being in The Sims 4 are:

- Timed career events, a la Ambitions
- A separate "Romance" bar to the relationship bar
- Clothes can cost money (simoleans, not actual money)
- Confirmed skills are Violin, Guitar, Hacking, Writing, WooHoo, Cooking, Gardening
- Sims can sulk in a bathtub while eating ice cream
- There are Whims (wishes) and Aspirations (Lifetime Wishes). Completing Aspirations gains an Aspiration Trait (ie, become a Master Chef = get a cooking trait).
- The crafting table, the voodoo doll, the cowplant, and the telescope are all returning

That's all I can see relating to TS4, but the magazine is an excellent read anyway.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #163 on: October 19, 2013, 09:50:23 AM »
Back on topic:  I'm really bummed about the lack of create-a-style. I LOVE colour coding rooms and clothes of my sims to fit their name theme. I'm going to cry if I'm suddenly stuck again with patterns/clothes EA comes up with...

Have they said that there won't be Create-a-Style? If they have then I think I missed that.
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #164 on: October 19, 2013, 09:56:23 AM »
Graham said so in a tweet a few months ago, as well as the devs at Gamescon saying the same thing about Create-a-Style not being in TS4. Simsvip has it here (last tweet in the article).
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded