Author Topic: The Sims 4 Official Information  (Read 127984 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 4 Discussion Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2013, 10:51:31 PM »
Here's also a picture with all the names of all the new devs.

Each one did give a message that comes out to what Phantome-A posted. 

I was at dinner or I would have said something earlier.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Phantome-A

• Comic Immortal Dynasty
  • Townie
  • Sims-life where is the line?
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2013, 11:03:08 PM »
Do you have a link for this? We don't like to publish something without outside confirmation.

Yes the twitter pages posted by Bri confirm it.

ht
I don't know if this would qualify as proof, Pam.  But here are the various twitter links.  I don't really know if these are truly EA employees or not.

For the following lines:
Because you took the time to decode this message:
https://twitter.com/SimGuruRachel
(look at the May 13 entry)

Here's why we love you.
https://twitter.com/SimGuruJill
(May 13th entry)

Your creativity captivates us, your enthusiasm inspires us.
https://twitter.com/SimGuruAaron
(May 13th entry as well)

May 23, June 18, July 9
https://twitter.com/SimGuruLyndsay

Remember these days
https://twitter.com/SimGuruSteph
(entry for today)

We're making this game for you, because of you
https://twitter.com/SimGuruKevin

Thank you for being the greatest fans in the world.
https://twitter.com/SimGuruGrant

Their names were mentioned in the images released by confirmed EA employees and Rachel is the Executive producer of The Sims 4, she was the one to take the conference call with the VIPs.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2013, 11:27:11 PM »
Thanks for the additional information. We just have to be very careful.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2013, 11:43:35 PM »
For anyone who doesn't realize, the way they did the Simlish message was to introduce everyone to the new Gurus that are directly in the public eye and working on The Sims 4 project.   It also released dates for what we don't know so don't get your hopes up on broadcasts, videos or anything like that.   For all we know, they could be the dates they show a single picture much like the eye picture that's already been released. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2013, 12:15:59 PM »
Thanks to Twinnum and Bri for answering my question. I did hear a lot of fuss about Sim City being online but it was over my head. I was never a Sim City girl. In fact, my brother was - and I think still is a Sim City man (something about feeling like he's taking over the world?) and I tried to get into it but it annoyed me so when Sims came out he was like, "Here I got you this. How bout you try it and then maybe you'll leave me alone." We had such a great relationship.  :)

Ok so it will remain offline single player as always. What about this DRM thing? Are they saying there won't be needing for the disc when we play? I wouldn't mind that. I am one that installs the game on multiple machines. I didn't so much with TS3 as I did with TS2 but now my son is always a disc behind me since it's required to play. I know we can always go through that Origin digital storage thingy but that's relying on the internet. And I don't know about anyone else but the installation seems longer when I get it from my Origin account.

Because you took the time to decode this message, here's why we love you:
-Your creativity captivates us, your enthusiasm inspires us
-May 23, June 18, July 9, remember these days.
-Without you, we wouldn't have come this far
We're making this game for you, because of you, thank you for being the greatest fans in the world.

Still quite vague but it's something to think about. Roll on May 23.

That is so cool. I love that they are recognizing the fans. And I think it was metioned earlier in the thread and I agree that I have seen some player creations show up later in the EP's and SP's. I know I'm wierd but it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy all over.  ;D

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2013, 02:50:39 PM »
You're welcome PlatnumDymnd. 

Heh, and simulation games can be fun, but I promise not to go off topic from this thread.

Ok so it will remain offline single player as always. What about this DRM thing? Are they saying there won't be needing for the disc when we play? I wouldn't mind that. I am one that installs the game on multiple machines. I didn't so much with TS3 as I did with TS2 but now my son is always a disc behind me since it's required to play. I know we can always go through that Origin digital storage thingy but that's relying on the internet. And I don't know about anyone else but the installation seems longer when I get it from my Origin account.
We honestly don't know what form DRM may or may not be in Sims 4.  However, bear in mind EA only specifically mentioned single-offline play, but not other forms of DRM.  Some of the examples I gave don't necessarily apply to EA, and there is no other official material out what DRM, if any it may take at this time.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2013, 02:57:39 PM »
OOH Ok now I get it. I misunderstood. I guess I confused myself on the where the subject DRM came from. Then again ti doesn't take much to confuse me. A little slow can I be sometimes.  ;D

Thanks for clarifying. Bri

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2013, 08:23:00 PM »
EA loves to make me eat my words.  They have scheduled a live broadcast for Dragon Valley on May 23rd so mark your calendars.   They are also going to give live introductions to the Sims 4 team which coincides with the mystery dates they gave us over twitter.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2013, 09:47:07 PM »
Just put some ketchup on them and swallow fast.  ;D
EA loves to make me eat my words.  They have scheduled a live broadcast for Dragon Valley on May 23rd so mark your calendars.   They are also going to give live introductions to the Sims 4 team which coincides with the mystery dates they gave us over twitter.
I sometimes watch the live broadcast for the ones I am really really interested in, and normally only EP/SP's and never worlds. However, this is one I'll probably end up watching considering I plan on getting the world for the baby dragons, now it's going to talk about 4? Awesome!

I agree with Platnum, I was a nooboo on the forums in 2009-2010 and hardly ever talked lol. Now I'm used to everyone and I can't wait to go into 4 with all my friends.

PS I'm still going to be playing 3 after I get 4. I think. What if number 4 is more addictive than 3??  :o

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2013, 10:49:54 PM »
One thing I will be curious to learn.  Where in the Sims time-line will sims4 fall?  I mean, sims3 is supposed to take place before Sims and sims2.  Will sims4 be some point after the furthers in the time line?  Or will it be set to before even sims3?  That is one aspect I will be looking forward to learning.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2013, 12:58:17 AM »
That's a great question, folcon.  I hadn't even thought of the timeline.  Sims 3 is my first experience with Sims, and now I'm going to be curious about where Sims 4 will fall, too.

Ester and Platnum - Thanks so much for your kind words about the Forum.  It's going to be so much different this time having a solid membership already who will transition with us to The Sims 4.  When this Forum went live, there were only two members:  me and Carl!  It's really going to be so exciting to launch the new Guide and Forum.  ;D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2013, 10:12:12 AM »
Ester and Bri - Thanks so much for your kind words about the Forum.  It's going to be so much different this time having a solid membership already who will transition with us to The Sims 4.  When this Forum went live, there were only two members:  me and Carl!  It's really going to be so exciting to launch the new Guide and Forum.  ;D

Hey not to sound like a whiner here but I said that I'm excited too about the future forum.

I agree with you now Ester. I will definitely be playing TS3 when it comes out. I am planning to get a new laptop for it so don't be surprised if I'm doing both at the same time!

One thing I will be curious to learn.  Where in the Sims time-line will sims4 fall?  I mean, sims3 is supposed to take place before Sims and sims2.  Will sims4 be some point after the furthers in the time line?  Or will it be set to before even sims3?  That is one aspect I will be looking forward to learning.

Ok hold up what are we talking about here? I have been playing since the beginning of Sim Time and I never noticed anything about a timeline. Gosh as much as I love this game there are times when I feel so clueless! That's why I said what I said before. I can't wait to start the new forum. Hopefully I won't feel so behind in everything. Or I won't be the only one feeling clueless.   :'(

Can someone please message me about this as it will be off topic. I wanna know too.

Ok someone is really being a Platnum cry baby today. I'm at the office now so perhaps I'll go get some coffee.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2013, 10:50:29 AM »
Sims 3 is before Sims 1 and Sims 2.  You can tell because Bella Goth is a child in Sims 3 but is an adult in the other two.   

It should be interesting to see where they put it.   Personally, I think it would be interesting if they would ignore Bella for once.  I want a new game with new stuff and new people.   I don't want a rehash of things we have now. 

And personally, I could really do without seasons.  I liked living outside without worrying about not being able to save after it rained.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2013, 10:57:25 AM »
And personally, I could really do without seasons.  I liked living outside without worrying about not being able to save after it rained.

I agree.  Seasons was the EP I was most excited about in Sims2 before I got it, and the one I wound up really hating.  When the Sims3 Seasons EP came out I bought it but wound up uninstalling it after a few days of playing it.  I know some people like Seasons, and that's fine, but I really don't so I hope it won't be part of the base game.  I love the endless perfect weather in seasonless Sims.  My characters often live outdoors, and if not they spend a lot of time outside, playing chess, painting, etc.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2013, 11:12:11 AM »
Sims 3 is before Sims 1 and Sims 2.  You can tell because Bella Goth is a child in Sims 3 but is an adult in the other two.   

It should be interesting to see where they put it.   Personally, I think it would be interesting if they would ignore Bella for once.  I want a new game with new stuff and new people.   I don't want a rehash of things we have now. 

Seriously?! Duh I never even paid attention. That's what I get for never playing the pre-loaded families. I don't think I even saw her at all. OR it didn't dong on me that it was her. When I installed Union Cove I kinda left the other towns by the wayside.

I'd have to agree Ricalynn I'd be interested in seeing new families. New everything would be awesome. I mean I know that some things will have to be there eventually just like in the others (i.e traveling, pets, I guess supernaturals) but I definitely would be excited to see new star families. I admit though I did like the Newbie and the Broke family. (Man I feel old)