Author Topic: The Sims 4 Official Information  (Read 127978 times)

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
Re: The Sims 4 Discussion Thread
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2013, 09:12:15 PM »
Yes these images are directly from SimGurus posting them.

As I said under the images - these are the new Executive Producers and SimGurus on the team for The Sims 4.

My bad, I didn't see that  :-[
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2013, 09:37:41 PM »
Ok, well. As I stated, the simlish was just filler text, so all they are doing is getting rid of filler text and replacing it with proper text. I am sure they mentioned in the conference call that they were bringing in some people from both the original sims and sims 2 teams. I am pretty sure I've heard of Lyndsay Pearson from the current expansion/stuff pack or store teams, although I can't be 100% certain.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2013, 09:42:07 PM »
We may not know that information until December of this year.  Sims 4 is still half a year away at the very earliest and really we're probably looking at 10 months away from the actual release date.

Thanks. My current secondary GPU is an Nvidia 630m 1GB. So... I'm thinking maybe I should at least start looking to replace it with something more powerful when I have the money.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2013, 08:38:23 AM »
Hey guys.   There is absolutely no information about this game at this moment beyond that it is offline.  That means there is nothing to hear.  It is all speculation and rumor which is something we prefer to keep off the forum. 

Please remember that in all future posts.  Complaints and negativity is being deleted without notification. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2013, 08:45:04 AM »
Hey guys.   There is absolutely no information about this game at this moment beyond that it is offline.  That means there is nothing to hear.  It is all speculation and rumor which is something we prefer to keep off the forum. 

Please remember that in all future posts.  Complaints and negativity is being deleted without notification.

I think I said that already, but many thanks for backing me up.  ;D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2013, 08:49:53 AM »
I think I said that already, but many thanks for backing me up.  ;D

No problem!   I was posting from a device that didn't show me your post at the time.  ;) 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2013, 02:52:45 PM »
New picture for the simlish mystery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PlatnumDymnd

• Immortal
  • Ghost Vamps
    • Sims3 Page
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2013, 08:02:09 PM »
I decided to move my previous post because I didn't know there was already a thread started - Thanks for moving me. And I didn't want to double post.

Ok so now that I have read the entire thread I have some dumb questions:

1. What is DRM?
2. Why did they make the point to say single player offline game? Isn't the Sims already single player offline? I don't go online when I play.

Ok so there were too many people to quote so I'll just say I am totally excited. Thank you for sharing the YouTube videos. I love that guy. It was cool of them to post the conference call. I wonder what the Exec mean when she talked about going back to the roots.

I agree that the possibilities are endless with what they will have in store of Sims 4. But it's hard not to consider the things that were in prior games. I mean they are ALL Sims so they will have the same features as it's predecessors. Like, I don't know, relationships, family, careers, build mode, etc. I mean we are still playing with life.  ;) I don't see them totally neglecting the things we love. I do expect it to be fantabulous! I will buy it no matter what it has but I guess if I had to make a wish I'd love to be rid of the zombies. And I think someone mentioned earlier about being able to travel to other towns. That would be cool.

Why am I still reading the vibe that we are saying goodbye to TS3? As a player all the way from the release of Sims 1 (oh man I feel old), the release of new one doesn't mean the end of the old ones. I mean, one doesn't have to do like I did. I had Sims 1 on my old computer and TS2 on the new computer until I finally was able to let go of the original as well as the old computer. Then I got a laptop for TS3 because I couldn't have both with EP's and SP's on one machine. I still play TS2 once in awhile but all in all there will be transition. Or you can just play them all. Not to mention we already had a feeling this day would come. Especially with the massive EP/SP releases this year. Someone correct me but I believe that's what they did with TS2 before the release of TS3.

Do you know what really has me excited? The news of another forum. I will be able to experience TS4 right along with everyone from the start. I came here after TS3 and there was already so much to read. I still haven't even put a dent in the many threads here and I will never get through all the features of TS3. It would be cool to be able to be a part of the new game experience from the beginning. To learn and share with everyone together instead of coming in late. I am really stoked about that.

SO yaayy for finally TS4 (I too am going to have to get used to typing that) and the upcoming new Carl and Pam's guide/ forum. I need to save up for a new laptop to put the new game on.  :)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2013, 08:26:38 PM »

Ok so now that I have read the entire thread I have some dumb questions:

1. What is DRM?
2. Why did they make the point to say single player offline game? Isn't the Sims already single player offline? I don't go online when I play.

First up, there are no dumb questions. As to what DRM is, I'll leave that to someone who actually knows more about it. I think it has to do with the engine that runs the game and requires the player to be online to play.

I think they made a point of saying it will be a single player offline game because a lot of people are angry that the new Sim City requires players to be online to play, even when thay are playing a solo game, so no internet means no Sim City. A lot of people were worried that Sims 4 would follow the same path.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Phantome-A

• Comic Immortal Dynasty
  • Townie
  • Sims-life where is the line?
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2013, 08:44:41 PM »
The twitter code (simlish text on the Sims 4 website)

Over a few days several images were released with Guru names and more simlish text.

In turn the mentioned gurus would tweet a phrase which turned out to be the translation of the simlish text associated with them.

The entire code ended up translating to,

Because you took the time to decode this message, here's why we love you:
-Your creativity captivates us, your enthusiasm inspires us
-May 23, June 18, July 9, remember these days.
-Without you, we wouldn't have come this far
We're making this game for you, because of you, thank you for being the greatest fans in the world.

Still quite vague but it's something to think about. Roll on May 23.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2013, 09:00:19 PM »
I have a question. When the new forum comes along, will we need two accounts? or will it be another section of the current forum?

The forum will be much like it was when we had the Medieval section. The newer Sims 4 section will probably be at the top of the main index page with the Sims 3 section below. So you will not need to join up to a new forum. Everything will be here in one place.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2013, 09:40:37 PM »
Okay, thanks, twinmum.
I think that there might be trailers on these dates. Not essentially this year though.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2013, 09:42:51 PM »
1. What is DRM?
1.  DRM is an acronym for Digital Rights Management.  It is a rather general term for managing digital content.  You might have heard of other terms like copy protection/copy prevention/etc.  Those would fall under the umbrella of DRM. However, there are many forms of DRM.

When you put in your CD/DVD to play a game (say a disc-based version of Sims 3), then that would be considered a form of DRM (you can't play your game without a legitimate disc)

Ostensibly it is done to ensure the game you play is a legitmately purchased version.  However, there are several reasons people dislike it.  For example, registering some games means you can't then give the game to someone else since it is linked to your account.  The issue is quite thorny (such as just what is acceptable.  Many people have no problem with the disc-check mentioned above, but get angry if they are told, 'You can only install this game X number of times).

Twinmum's example of constantly being online is another example of DRM.  Certain games, especially one that has a single player mode, may require you to be online to play it at all (Diablo III comes to mind).  The problem with this is that if the server is down, or you are without an internet connection, etc. you wouldn't be able to play your game at all.

2.  Twinmum's response is spot on.  I won't go more into SimCity 5 itself but if you are curious,  here is Lucy Bradshaw's (General Manager of the Maxis Lable) response about the SimCity 5 issue
http://www.ea.com/news/simcity-update-straight-answers-from-lucy

However, the online component won't be a problem for those interested in Sims 4. 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2013, 10:28:05 PM »
The twitter code (simlish text on the Sims 4 website)

Over a few days several images were released with Guru names and more simlish text.

In turn the mentioned gurus would tweet a phrase which turned out to be the translation of the simlish text associated with them.

The entire code ended up translating to,

Because you took the time to decode this message, here's why we love you:
-Your creativity captivates us, your enthusiasm inspires us
-May 23, June 18, July 9, remember these days.
-Without you, we wouldn't have come this far
We're making this game for you, because of you, thank you for being the greatest fans in the world.

Still quite vague but it's something to think about. Roll on May 23.

Do you have a link for this? We don't like to publish something without outside confirmation.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2013, 10:49:15 PM »
I don't know if this would qualify as proof, Pam.  But here are the various twitter links.  I don't really know if these are truly EA employees or not.

For the following lines:
Because you took the time to decode this message:
https://twitter.com/SimGuruRachel
(look at the May 13 entry)

Here's why we love you.
https://twitter.com/SimGuruJill
(May 13th entry)

Your creativity captivates us, your enthusiasm inspires us.
https://twitter.com/SimGuruAaron
(May 13th entry as well)

May 23, June 18, July 9
https://twitter.com/SimGuruLyndsay

Remember these days
https://twitter.com/SimGuruSteph
(entry for today)

We're making this game for you, because of you
https://twitter.com/SimGuruKevin

Thank you for being the greatest fans in the world.
https://twitter.com/SimGuruGrant

anything