Author Topic: The Sims 4 Official Information  (Read 127942 times)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2013, 07:25:55 AM »
We already have a thread for Sims 4, I'm going to merge this with that thread.

Sims 4 will be a totally new game. You can install it on your computer and still have Sims 3 installed. You will not need to have an earlier version of Sims to be able to play. Any content from one sims game is exclusive to that game, for instance, any store items for Sims 3 will probably not work with Sims 4.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2013, 07:30:26 AM »
I am looking forward to seeing what the Sims 4 has to offer. Now I just need to start saving up for a decent computer and a nanny who can take the kids out for the day while I play.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2013, 07:37:28 AM »
Gingerkid -

Sims 4 is a completely different game.  There is no crossover between the two except that they both involve Sims.  At that point, everyone should just remember it is a new game which means no expansions and probably missing a lot of stuff that we now take for granted as being a part of The Sims 3. 

The entire existence of Sims 3 has been marred (in my opinion) by the constant calling for stuff that people saw in The Sims 2.    Sims 3 is not Sims 2 so why do people want it to be the same?  Reinventing similar things is fine but there is absolutely no reason for them to copy the game with a new graphics engine.   A new game is about new discovery.    Sims 4 doesn't even have a season yet so it could be in 7 months or 19 months. 

I'm excited to see what comes next but there is no reason to judge the new game that is pretty much still in the very early stages of development that they couldn't even show screenshots or a glimpse into the world.   They didn't give any details so everything everyone is talking about is pure rumor.     Please remember this.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2013, 08:50:42 AM »
I am fairly excited for Sims4.  From what I have read, I think they are going to make the sims more personable.  I have a few other theories, but will keep it to myself for now.  I don't think they can make the graphics any better, but improve on certain ideas that players have submitted.  I think if they added qualities from both 2 and 3, it would make for an awesome game, which I am sure it is going to be anyway.  I can't wait to read more on this as the months pass. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2013, 08:53:40 AM »
The entire existence of Sims 3 has been marred (in my opinion) by the constant calling for stuff that people saw in The Sims 2.    Sims 3 is not Sims 2 so why do people want it to be the same?  Reinventing similar things is fine but there is absolutely no reason for them to copy the game with a new graphics engine.   A new game is about new discovery.    Sims 4 doesn't even have a season yet so it could be in 7 months or 19 months. 

I know I've mentioned a couple of sims 2 things, guilty as charged there, but I totally agree with the part I bolded.

I personally would rather seasons, late night and maybe even pets style content was added in sims 4 base game so they can work on new innovative ideas for our sims.

Despite not being overly thrilled with sims 3 when it first came out I did buy World Adventures on release because it was so different to anything done before, the chance to actually adventure with your sims really appealed to me and I played it a lot, then after a long break It was actually WA which drew me back into playing the game again, Island Paradise is also very different to anything done previously, so more of that and less reworking of the same things would be very welcome.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2013, 09:49:11 AM »
Perhaps I am crazy but I would be more then happy if the Sims 4 had totally new content. I would prefer if things were not repeated from the Sims 3 or Sims 2 or even the Sims one.
If I am willing to spend my money I want a new game and a new experience.

Rachel

I totally agree as well . TS3 was my very first experience with sims . I've been playing it since just before World Adventure came out . I've enjoyed all the Expansions , Worlds and Stuff Packs they provided us along with all the store items that are available .

I can't even begin to imagine what TS4 will be like but I'm sure it will be a great experience . Anxious to read more about it in the coming months .  ;D

Thanks Ricalynn for keeping us posted on things as they are released .  ;D
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline NearlyWitches

• Professional Procrastinator
  • Occult
  • Geronimo.
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2013, 12:23:14 PM »
I think I'm excited for this, I really want to see what else they can bring to the table. I remember when Sims 3 was announced, the idea that they could move around freely without loading screens was so amazing so I'm sure the Sims 4 will produce something just as exciting. Having said that, Sims 3 was my first 'real' experience with sims where I really got into the game and now I have so many EPs and Sps the idea of starting over with the Sims 4 worries me although I'm sure there'll be enough to play around with to keep everyone occupied!
Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2013, 03:32:13 PM »
Since the Sims 3 is my first ever sims game I don't have anything to compare it to.  Except,  ;D it made me think of the original Star Trek series that was on tv and then was cancelled, the new Star Trek (Next Generation) came out I was going, you can't improve on something that is great and didn't want to watch it.  It was into season three before I watched it, and I loved it more than the orginial series. Doesn't mean I have lost my enjoyment of the first ST, just that I enjoy them both and can see them as two separate programs.

The same can be the same with the Sims 3 and 4, have fun and enjoy the 3, but also have room for the new one.   I am curious about the Sims 4 coming out, and my only "worry" is what will be required to play it, would my computer be able to handle it. 
Since I very much doubt that my computer will be able to play it, I will just enjoy reading about what others are saying after they get it, the tips that will help in playing it so I can enjoy it to its fullest.  It will be fun reading here what info is given out about it.
I still have a lot to discover about the sims 3, so I will mainly focus on that game and am looking forward to getting the sims 4 sometimes way in the future; probably, most likely, a year after it comes out.   

I'm more excited about the new expansion pack, the dragon one, than I am about the Sims 4.  Beside, coming out in 2014 doesn't mean it will be released at the beginning of the year, it could just as likey be released in December, closer to 2015 than the beginning of 2014.  So, I'm not going to worry about if I have time to play all the expansion packs, or whatever I hope to play before 2014 comes around. 

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2013, 12:52:53 PM »
The 'simlish' paragraph that is up on the site is just filler text, lorem ipsum. There is quite a few comments on it that people have put on facebook, some making joking comments about it, but someone linked to the langauge on mod the sims. I even translated the first few words and it really does mean nothing. 'Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet' that was as much as I did.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2013, 08:16:07 PM »
Actually they started cracking the code today and released some of it.

Slowly by surely they are announcing some of the new Devs and Executive Producers for this version of The Sims.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2013, 08:28:20 PM »
Does anyone know when they usually release the hardware requirements? I want to start seeing if my secondary GPU on my laptop needs an upgrade.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2013, 08:33:44 PM »
We may not know that information until December of this year.  Sims 4 is still half a year away at the very earliest and really we're probably looking at 10 months away from the actual release date.

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2013, 09:02:45 PM »
Is that EA/Maxis doing it Rica? Cause it's not changed on the sims 4 site that I can see.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2013, 09:05:54 PM »
It appears to be Credits for something, maybe new members of the team?

Do those names mean anything to others?
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2013, 09:08:46 PM »
Is that EA/Maxis doing it Rica? Cause it's not changed on the sims 4 site that I can see.

Yes these images are directly from SimGurus posting them.

It appears to be Credits for something, maybe new members of the team?

Do those names mean anything to others?

As I said under the images - these are the new Executive Producers and SimGurus on the team for The Sims 4.