Author Topic: The Sims 4 Official Information  (Read 127928 times)

Offline simlover16

• Townie
    • The Power of Knowledge Immortal Dynasty
Re: The Sims 4 Discussion Thread
« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2013, 06:41:30 PM »
I'm really excited! I wasn't at first, bug now I'm DYING!

The sims kind of look like every sim created mashed up together to me. I see a lot of resemblance of the sims freeplay and social. Everything looks awesome! I'm not all the way for emotion system, but keep in mind EVERYONE— the game is at its very basic right now. It will look totally different most likely when it's released. Keep an open mind. This advice goes to me too.

Could one of you lovely forum members tell me— the future dates of new EA released live broadcasts, trailers, ect.

Andddddddd when it will be released? I've heard January 2014, and early 2014....
"You're waiting for a train. A train that'll take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you. But you can't know for sure. Yet it doesn't matter. Now, tell me why?" -Dom Cobb

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2013, 06:53:53 PM »
Andddddddd when it will be released? I've heard January 2014, and early 2014....

There hasn't been any official word, just the year.  Probably for the best in case they run into some big obstacles prior to release.

Could one of you lovely forum members tell me— the future dates of new EA released live broadcasts, trailers, ect.
There is a thread in which this Thursday EA is actually going to hold another live sessions. 

And there are links to the trailers from an earlier post I did, or else just go to the very first post of this thread, and look for the 'Arrival' and 'Gameplay' trailers.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2013, 07:45:43 PM »
I like the new CAS thus far, but I'm wondering about the clothing. If ther is no Create a Style tool, I'll be devastated. I love the animations, did you see her kick? And the ability to choose how they walk is awesome, and the influence of the decor is pretty sweet. I like the cartoony appearance, I'm not one for realistic sims in the slightest. Okay, maybe a little. I do hope they improve the rendering, if it is always so, smooth I'll probably go mad. You've seen how much I like making sims. I also wish that the background is more attractive in CAS, I always enjoy the background, and the mirror is very useful.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #93 on: August 20, 2013, 09:44:57 PM »
I agree that the textures leave something to be desired - especially the hair! Hopefully that will improve by the release date. Also I am just too nostalgic about sims 3 now - not sure I'm ready to move on. But I felt to same way leaving sims 2 lol :)

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2013, 12:23:31 AM »
I'm digging the new CAS, but what I'm really impressed with is build mode - I love the fact that you can essentially pick up a single room and plop it down elsewhere. It will cut down on the boxes and rectangles in my game, and less cursing on my part too. :P

I'm not sold on emotions yet myself, but my final opinion will depend on how it meshes with however they'll be handling other personality and social aspects. I don't plan on getting this until well after it's released, but I like what I've seen so far for the most part.

Offline Nancy1989

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #95 on: August 21, 2013, 01:31:18 AM »
I like the new CAS thus far, but I'm wondering about the clothing. If there is no Create a Style tool, I'll be devastated.
They shouldn't be allowed to leave out something major like that, if you ask me. And I believe they're advertising more customization, not less so they only have to add to what they already can do in a game. I know I can't go back to clothes you can never wear because they don't match the rest. Or furniture for that matter.

So I'm really not too worried. (Just about the hair!) Also because if there are things lacking in the game, a lot of it gets added along the course of the game via patches and expansions.
Tempted to wait for the first one after it releases. They're usually rather quick with expansions and I don't know if I care for another wait for more clothes and hairstyles because of base-game hideousness. I might just keep to the Sims 3 for a little while longer.  ::)

After seeing this "First Look" video, I'm anxious for EA to release one explaining how genetics will work in TS4. I'm ready to see some nooboos!

Yes! That has to be one heck of a genetic string if you think about it. I'm also wondering what the other life stages will look like. I'm kind of hoping that they will lose the cocoon thing for nooboos, like it was in TS2.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #96 on: August 21, 2013, 01:38:30 AM »
I'm liking the new features. But I want to know, how does it perform on computers? If that was in the Press Conference, I missed it (the video was lagging so I stopped partway through the Arrival trailer). My computer is in dire need of either cleaning and general uninstallation of unused programs, and I want to know how it'll perform.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2013, 02:27:46 AM »
I think that Create-A-Sim looks amazing but the textures and graphics are just reminding of Sims 2. I do like what they showed of build mode.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2013, 02:53:30 AM »
The hair still bothers me, it bothered me when I first saw the initial eye picture even though we only saw a glimpse, it bothered me when I saw the leaked pictures on the official forum, some were not leaked as such but scanned from a magazine article that came out a few days back, If I still lived in England I'd have gone and bought that to see it better but it was nothing new to the first look trailer really.

Now I saw the Arrival trailer first and it almost gave me hope, the blond girls hair had bounce to it, it made me think that just maybe this lumpy plastic hair might actually move giving it a little life but the first look trailer quashed that idea as apart from being physiqued so it moved with and not through her body Sophia's hair had no bounce  :(

I also held out a hope that maybe it looks like that because we can pull it about like the body but they never mentioned it so perhaps not.

I'm liking the new features. But I want to know, how does it perform on computers? If that was in the Press Conference, I missed it (the video was lagging so I stopped partway through the Arrival trailer). My computer is in dire need of either cleaning and general uninstallation of unused programs, and I want to know how it'll perform.

No mention of that as yet Seabody, sorry.

Offline YZJay

• Occult
« Reply #99 on: August 21, 2013, 05:34:52 AM »
I noticed in the gameplay trailer that we can adjust the height of the walls. And the hair is flexible.

Offline NearlyWitches

• Professional Procrastinator
  • Occult
  • Geronimo.
« Reply #100 on: August 21, 2013, 06:46:04 AM »
I'm still curious about their earlier statement where they talked about the eyes being the windows to the soul or words to that effect. I didn't see anything to support that in either of the trailers.
Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2013, 07:18:35 AM »
I'm still curious about their earlier statement where they talked about the eyes being the windows to the soul or words to that effect. I didn't see anything to support that in either of the trailers.

They could be speaking metaphorically, since they unveiled The Sims 4 with eyes, and now they're hyping up the fact that Sims have emotions. (and by extension, souls) Otherwise, they might just not have gotten to that part yet for public eyes.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #102 on: August 21, 2013, 07:20:06 AM »

Depends how you initially interpreted it. If you took the more literal emotive side, where eyes do show emotions etc. or if you took the idea that they were adding some kind of first-person vision into the game. Personally I took the emotive side as that seems to be their entire angle on the new Sims. Although from the trailers all I can tell that is different is there is a box that tells you the emotion and they all have freaky eyebrows. :P

I agree with the comments about lack of texture, to me that is quite disappointing because so far I think even Sims 2 had more detail and texture than Sims 4 appears to have. That could still change but I doubt it.

The poke-and-prod CAS feature does look really cool but so far that's one of my only positive views, especially when you factor in the price tag for this game.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline ToniSimbot

• Llama Wrangler
  • We shall take over SimNation with fire and blood
    • Simblr (beware spoilers)
« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2013, 07:21:39 AM »
I am really enjoying the idea of the new CAS. All our sims won't look like they all stepped out the same cookie cutter for body shape, the removal of the sliders in general is actually genius throughout, I was iffy on the slightly cartoonish looks but it can grow on me if it's not improved upon so that's a non issue for me. I mean I wasn't expecting the new Sims to be designed at the same level of Mass Effect 3 - to the point where they had pores! - but far enough away so they didn't look like those CGI-cartoon shows that are popping up everywhere now. This is a good spot they're in for something that is still in progress.

Building houses looks like a godsend. I probably still won't be able to build anything decent but the plan of building a whole room and being able to just move it without rebuilding it because it's three tiles off sounds lovely!

I kind of took that to tie in with the emotional response aspect of the new sims - like the same interaction will result in different reactions based on the emotional state of the sim and previous history with that particular sim, thus giving them a "soul" and not the robotic "chat x4, hug x3, kiss x4, make out x2, propose" formula - a fluidity to gameplay. Or I could be seeing what isn't there and take this as a sign to go back to reading A Song of Ice and Fire and ponder the mystery of Patches. I don't know, we wait and see.
Current Story: Vesta's Reward

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2013, 07:53:33 AM »
I am ambivalent to the new game.

I do like the new CAS feature, and like how the body shape of a sim can be more versitiel than just lager muscles or more or less fat. I do have some reservations about hair though. Is hair changed the same way as body type? Or is hair chosen from a method similar to sims 3? And what about clothing?

I do like the ability to move an entire room (with furniture included) to a completely new part of the house/lot. That will make building faster in a way. However I would have liked them to show some single wall unit shots as well, now it just feels as if it's a glorified blueprint mode like someone mentioned earlier. I don't want to sacrifice too much of our great building tools just to be able to move a room from one end of the house to another.

I am concerned about the texturing and hope they keep the create-a-style feature that is one of the best creative tools in the game in my opinion.

What I'm most unsure about is the cartoonish look of the sims, but I guess that is something I can get used to. The freakishly mobile eyebrows seems to be a feature of this cartoony idea and I can buy it if they keep the sims this cartoony, or even more cartoony. However, I do like my sims more life like and had hoped to see sims4 move in a similar direction.

I don't know how I feel about the emotions, I feel like it will be more like a second mood bar, and while I can see the improvement in gameplay for single sims I think it will create a whole layer of hardship for simmers that want to play generational games (but that is of course speculation on my part).

I'm looking forward mostly to more information about generational gameplay, how genetics will be inherited, more info on story progression and so on.