Author Topic: The Sims 4 Official Information  (Read 127937 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Discussion Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2013, 04:16:32 AM »
Hey not to sound like a whiner here but I said that I'm excited too about the future forum.

So sorry about that!  You had typed Bri in your post and somehow that was the name I registered.  I fixed it now.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline KJSinclair

• Townie
  • I may have a sharp tongue but I have a soft heart
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2013, 01:04:13 AM »
That part is most definitely confirmed, the EA announcement includes a huge Maxis logo.

http://www.ea.com/news/maxis-unveils-the-sims-4

I am sorry I thought that this was popular knowledge.

KJ
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes we have to wait a long time for the reason to become clear.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2013, 04:19:19 PM »
Due to the fact that the Sims 4 cannot be discussed at this time due to lack of information and the inability to not speculate, I am shutting down this thread until further notice.   Moderators will post all new information that comes out from EA & Maxis when it is available and may unlock it at a later date.

Sims 4 is not allowed to be talked about on this forum other than this thread.   Several warnings have gone out about speculation prior to this.    At this rate, this thread is going to be hundreds of pages long before the end of the summer and no one is going to get the proper information they need out of it because no one is going to want to read through that many pages of wants, wishes, Sims 2 or 3 had this and it has to have this, etc.

Thank you.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2013, 02:06:11 PM »
Sims 4 will be revealed at EA's conference at Gamescon this August.

Concept art
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2013, 01:46:30 PM »
There was nothing worth seeing for Sims 4 in the Live Broadcast, however they have revealed there will be Live Game play from Sims 4 on the 22nd of August at 8am Pacific Time. Two hours before the normal Broadcast time as they are still at Gamescon in Germany.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2013, 12:05:09 PM »
I expect this to be merged/closed, but EA has released two new Sims 4 trailers.

The first is their "Arrival" Trailer.

You can find it on Youtube here

The second is an Official Gameplay Trailer.

You can find it on Youtube here

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2013, 12:08:45 PM »
Looks like there will be a live broadcast about the Sims on August 22, 2013 at 8 AM PDT (that is Pacific Time in the US).

There will be talk of Sims 4 and The Sims 3:  Into the Future

Note, this is being advertised at the Official Sims 3 site, so it isn't faked.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2013, 12:59:29 PM »
If one wants a bit more confirmation about the trailers, EA first showed them at Gamescon.

You can currently see it here:
http://live-event.ea.com/gamescom/

The Sims 4 material is roughly starts at 3:30 (3 minutes, 30 seconds) in.

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2013, 12:59:40 PM »
The simmies look like the ones on Freeplay -- or is it just me?? Also, Dextra, you're right! I'd imagine it would get real creepy real fast if we had to play out things like divorce and death with uber-realistic looks and actions. I'm definitely excited for the live broadcast now!

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2013, 01:08:33 PM »
The simmies look like the ones on Freeplay -- or is it just me?? Also, Dextra, you're right! I'd imagine it would get real creepy real fast if we had to play out things like divorce and death with uber-realistic looks and actions. I'm definitely excited for the live broadcast now!

Yeah, to me it looks like SimSocial or Freeplay, whichever it was. So far I'm unconvinced but these are just the first videos and information we've seen from Sims 4 so who knows it may grow on me.

Funny that you can already pre-order the game though. With a massive price tag I'm very interested to learn what is in this game.. At £54.99 .. When an average EP costs £25 that is some serious cash.  :o
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2013, 01:11:07 PM »
My first impression was it's more sims 2 than 3 art style wise, then I looked at it again and I can actually see a blend of both, Sophia is much more sims 2 in her features whereas Ollie looked more sims 3, I think in some ways the new CAS will give the best of both worlds when creating sims and a lot more variety.

At the moment I'm vaguely optimistic, it made me think 'this is the sims' although it looks a bit different style wise it has the sims charm.

The only thing that still bothers me slightly is the textures, there was very little pattern or depth going on but it's still a way off yet so they might improve, or possibly less graphic intensive textures will mean a smoother running game.

Looking forward to Thursday and the live broadcast, this was good but it's not like seeing the real thing in action.

I never played freeplay but I see that mentioned a lot, I've seen a few pictures so I can see why people make the comparison, I just hope they are as customisable as they currently are with create a style for hair, eyes, clothing etc, that and the open world have to be my two favourite things about sims 3.

Offline Nancy1989

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2013, 02:08:41 PM »
The new CAS is not unlike the character creation from EVE. Which is cool, because that method of creating a character was perfect in my opinion. (I actually only downloaded the EVE trial just to try my hand at it. :P) Anyway, the new emotions seem to be an awesome new feature and the animations were very fun to watch. I do hope however, they will put some more effort into the hairstyles. The girl's hair just seemed like a clump of something....Even though TSM hair is also mostly once-piece hair, I thought that looked better. But that's the only minor flaw I see now and we've yet to actually experience it, they may still change things until release.

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2013, 02:49:03 PM »
The textures are leaving a lot to be desired, but other than that, I think it's looking really good. I'm really liking the new art style, and the Create-a-Sim system looks great. I'm not entirely sold on emotions, but that's mostly because we simply don't know a whole lot about it yet. The ability to move a whole room around is a much appreciated touch, at least for me.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2013, 05:18:14 PM »
My progress oriented nature is a little disturbed by the "Step Back" that the art seems to have taken, but I'm REALLY REALLY excited for the deeper personalities that I can already see. I wonder if it has Traits like Sims 3  ???
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline YZJay

• Occult
« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2013, 05:58:45 PM »
I advise avoiding the official forums, it's nuclear winter there.

I like the new sims better, the graphics may not be better than TS3 but the art style is better.