Author Topic: The Sims 4 Official Information  (Read 127921 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 03:52:02 PM »
And what's going to happen to the forum? I love it here, and I don't want to see it go anywhere.

I'm quite excited about the game. Just a quick question for the moderators (Although it is probably too early on to answer this), what will happen to the guide and forum? Will it stay as The Sims 3 guide and forum , will it switch to The Sims 4, or might they still be one forum for both games (Like Carl and Pam's Sims 3 and 4 guide and Forum)?

Edit: Gwendy asked the same question (Pretty much), but I still decided to post

That's for the Admins to answer, and of course it's early days yet, but I'm going to quote something Carl posted about a week ago:

Of course, we intend to be here for years and cover The Sims 4.  :D

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 04:06:18 PM »
I had really been hoping that there would one day be a way to play online with friends :( My best friend is as sims-obsessed as I am and one of the versions for GameCube console was our favorite because we could play two-player. She lives in a different city now so online multiplayer would have been excellent for us.

However... I am still really excited!!!  ;D
I'm very curious to see what will stay the same/similar to Sims 3 and what the big changes will be. I will probably never give up on Sims 3 though.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 05:00:53 PM »
I've been adding some links to the second post.  Check back often to see if there is anything that you haven't seen before!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2013, 05:02:30 PM »
The only worry I have regarding the release of Sims 4 is what to do with my story, and what'll happen with the guide, otherwise, I'm excited!
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline simfulicious

• Immortal
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2013, 05:03:13 PM »
I guess I better get a move on, and complete all the things that I haven't done yet in the Sims 3 (which is alot).  I am excited about Sims 4, but let's just say that my hubby isn't  ;)

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2013, 05:06:02 PM »
Holy Sims-mania Batsim! I can't wait for it to come out and see everyone's thoughts on it! (Because I am that broke.)
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2013, 05:06:45 PM »
SimGuruHydra gives some brief answers in a Q&A on the new official Sims 4 forums.   link

Sul Sul! Maxis and Electronic Arts today announced that The Sims 4 is currently in development at The Sims Studio for release on PC and Mac in 2014. The Sims 4 celebrates the heart and soul of the Sims themselves, giving players a deeper connection with the most expressive, surprising and charming Sims ever in this single-player offline experience. The Sims 4 encourages players to personalize their world with new and intuitive tools while offering them the ability to effortlessly share their creativity with friends and fans.

We know you all have many questions and we’re listening. Send them through to this post and we’ll do our best to respond as often as we can. Just know that we’re not quite ready to spoil all surprises yet, so keep an eye out for more information to come.

For now, here’s a list of some commonly asked questions that we wanted to share with you today.

Q: What can you tell us about The Sims 4?

A: The Sims 4 celebrates the heart and soul of the Sims themselves, giving players a deeper connection with the most expressive, surprising and charming Sims ever in this single-player offline experience. The Sims 4 encourages players to personalize their world with new and intuitive tools while offering them the ability to effortlessly share their creativity with friends and fans.

Q: How do I stay up to date with the latest info on The Sims 4?

A: Head on over to www.TheSims.com/TheSims4 and sign up for our newsletter to learn more!

Q: When will The Sims 4 be available?

A: The Sims 4 will be available worldwide in 2014.

Q: What platforms will the game be available on?

A: The Sims 4 will be available for PC and Mac.

Q: What will The Sims 4 be rated?

A: The Sims 4 is not yet rated by the ESRB, PEGI or other rating systems. We will update the website once we’ve received our rating.

Q: Will there be an online component for The Sims 4?

A:There will be additional fun and social gameplay elements for players who choose to go online (more to come on that later on) but the core game is designed to be played offline. It’s up to the player to choose how they want to play.

Q: Will The Sims 4 require a persistent online connection?

A: You will not require a persistent online connection to play The Sims 4.

Q: We noticed that the fans were amongst the first to receive this announcement, why did you go that route?

A: The Sims has always been about the fans. There are millions of them across social networks and it’s passion that keeps The Sims alive. It’s their creativity and devotion to The Sims that fuels our creativity, so it’s natural that we’d come to them first with the big news.

This is just the beginning for our fans. We’re bringing a select few into our inner circle and they’ll get special access to the development team and will have visibility into key parts of the game as it develops.

Q: Who are some of the people that are making The Sims 4?

A: The Sims 4 is currently in development at The Sims Studio in Redwood City, and the team making the game is comprised by veterans whose experience dates back to the inception of the franchise. We have folks like Robi Kauker, Lyndsay Pearson and Kevin Gibson who have been with the series since the beginning. Others such as Ray Mazza and Samantha Miceli have been with the team since The Sims 2. We can’t wait to introduce you to more of the team.

Q: What do the eyes in the image mean?

A: They say that the eyes are the window into the soul. Let’s just say that these eyes are a window into the future of The Sims 4. Stay tuned for more!

Q: What are the minimum hardware requirements for The Sims 4?

A: We are working to make the game accessible to as many players as possible. We will let you know once we’ve locked in the specs.

Q: Are you still developing content for The Sims 3?

A: Yes. We have a brand new world, Dragon Valley, coming out at the end of May. We have The Sims 3 Island Paradise shipping on June 25 and we have a Future-themed expansion arriving in Fall 2013. Beyond that, we continue to create content for The Sims 3 Store.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2013, 05:09:49 PM »
"Giving players a deeper connection with the Sims"?  I wonder just what that means.  Sometimes I think I'm already too deeply connected with my Sims!  :P

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline batsrcool

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2013, 05:10:45 PM »
I had the feeling that this was going to be the announcement today, but it's exciting all the same. And is it me, or do a couple of those faces in the banner look familiar? :-\

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2013, 05:23:54 PM »
Okay, guess (starting and) finishing the dynasties just got bumped up on my to-do list. Apart from that, I'm sure a bunch of us will still be playing TS3 for nostalgic and other reasons, but speaking for myself, I probably can't stop myself from hopping on the TS4 bandwagon once it releases :) And by then, the slow leaks of information and promos would probably have gotten me hooked already anyway!

Especially happy to hear that Carl intends this forum to keep up with the Sims franchise, so you guys aren't going anywhere :D Looking forward to more news, and many more years of Simming!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2013, 05:34:51 PM »
There are some that Ill certainly miss about Sims 3 when Sims 4 comes out but there'll be others I'll be glad to forget. With this new announcement I'm going to get cracking on my challenges!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline thelittlepakeha

• Townie
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2013, 05:51:15 PM »
Wow! On some level I knew this was coming because we've already had more expansions than TS2 did, but it seems soon, considering we still have two more to come. It will be interesting to see more news as it comes out. I'll be waiting to find out the specs - my computer is only a couple of years old so fingers crossed but processors upgrade so quickly these days. Mind you, I always seem to need far less than what they claim the minimum requirement is.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2013, 06:39:09 PM »
This is very big and exciting news for us!  For those of you who expressed concern about the Guide and Forum, let me put your minds at ease. Carl"s Guide was always intended to be a permanent fixture on the internet. Eventually it will be complete and will stop being updated, but it will remain online and available. The same goes for this Forum.  We feel that, even though Sims 4 will be here, there will still be many players who love Sims 3, even new players.

The Carl's Sims 4 Guide will be a separate, stand alone site with its own unique web address. It will start with the base game and grow as the game grows.  Carl and Pam's Sims 4 Forum (it feels weird to write that) will also be a separate, stand alone site. The two Forums will be linked together so members only have to sign in once and toggle between the two sites. The content will be specific to the game being hosted on its Forum. For example, Sims 4 questions will not be allowed on the Sims 3 Forum and vice versa.

Lastly, I want to stress what Rica said in the first post about negative comments. If you're not happy about the upcoming release of Sims 4, please keep it to yourself. This thread is to share information about the game, not to make selfish complaints. Any negative comments will be removed without notice. This applies to the ones already posted, as well.

This is going to be a busy and exciting time for us.  We will keep you updated in this thread as much as possible.

Cheers, everyone!

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline sunnydays

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2013, 06:49:47 PM »
Single-player? Offline? Oh, thank heaven! I'd been thinking that if TS4 followed Simcity's lead and required always-online play, I might have to bow out and stick with The Sims 3. But now I'm definitely on the bandwagon.

Bring on 2014!

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2013, 07:21:22 AM »
I've just seen an advert for Sims4 out 2014.

So I'm new to the Sims world and Sims3 is my first experience of Sims ife, and I am truly addicted already.

When the new Sims 4 comes out howdoes that affect Sims 3 games, & expansion kits etc. Those of you who have had Sims 1 & 2 when you then moved to Sims 3 how did it work? Do you lose your game, so is itlike stating over again or is it an upgrade to the game?