Author Topic: The Sims 4 Official Information  (Read 127920 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
The Sims 4 Official Information
« on: May 06, 2013, 01:15:10 PM »

Trailers and Videos:

This thread is about the upcoming game "The Sims 4" that was revealed today. New Information will be added to the thread as it is released by Maxis/The Sims Studio.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 01:16:56 PM »
First Official Link:   http://www.ea.com/news/maxis-unveils-the-sims-4

SimsVIP Official Conference Call with Announcement (audio only):  http://simsvip.com/2013/05/06/the-sims-4-announcement-full-vip-conference-call/

Today we are revealing to our top fans that The Sims™ 4 is coming to PC and Mac in 2014.

The Sims franchise is fueled by the passion and creativity of its millions of fans around the world. Their continued devotion to the franchise ignites the fire of creativity of the team at The Sims Studio, driving them to continually improve and innovate on one of the world’s most successful simulation game that has sold more than 150 million copies worldwide.

The Sims 4 celebrates the heart and soul of the Sims themselves, giving players a deeper connection with the most expressive, surprising and charming Sims ever in this single-player offline experience. The Sims 4 encourages players to personalize their world with new and intuitive tools while offering them the ability to effortlessly share their creativity with friends and fans.

They say that the eyes are the window into the soul, let’s just say that these eyes are a window into our future. We can’t wait to show you more.

- The Sims Team

To Subscribe to Newsletters and Upcoming Information:   http://thesims.com/en_US/thesims4?utm_source=ts3twitter&utm_medium=tweet&utm_

Official Forum Address:  http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/show/598.page

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 01:20:57 PM »
I'm so excited! I'd like to add that EA confirmed that it is to be released in 2014! I'm so excited!   :D

Edited for correct smiley face.  :P

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 01:21:27 PM »
If you're excited then why the frown?

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 01:24:27 PM »
If you're excited then why the frown?

Oh my god! *facepalm* My clumsy fingers! (On my phone right now) I meant to use this:  ;D
But I must've accidentally hit the one next to it.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 01:24:45 PM »
Too soon! D:

I guess since I'm a relative newcomer to TS3 (in spite of playing for over a year now), I just want more time to soak the game in. Now I might never finish a dynasty by the release of TS4!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 01:31:09 PM »
This better not have inane always-online DRM like the last Sim City, or it won't even be worth a second's consideration in my book. It also needs fewer bugs than Sims 3, an inbuilt FPS-limiter and better overall support. As it is, I wouldn't get excited or hold my breath yet.

It says in the announcement that it will be an offline single player game.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 01:33:44 PM »
I'm excited but also scared and worried to see TS3 come to an end . I'm anxious to see more about the game play , worlds and so on . Thanks for keeping us posted on important things .  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 02:17:48 PM »
I'm always excited about anything Sims, and I can't wait to see what will be new and different in Sims4.  I had heard rumours that they might change the single-player offline part of the game, and I'm so relieved that they're not changing that. 

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 02:28:11 PM »
As excited as I am for this, I'm a bit sad. I don't want the Sims 3 to end, but TS3 do have 2013 EPs and SPs, I guess when 2014 comes, I'm just gonna have to pack up and move on to The Sims 4.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 02:52:38 PM »
http://thesims4.com/en_US/home

It now has its own website.

Louise56

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 03:19:24 PM »
I'm very excited! We didn't waste money to buy sims3, we can still play it. I'm not going to pack sims3 away next year. Like Schipperke said I'm  very glad it is a offline game. I can't wait to find out more! :D

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2013, 03:27:08 PM »
I'm quite excited about the game. Just a quick question for the moderators (Although it is probably too early on to answer this), what will happen to the guide and forum? Will it stay as The Sims 3 guide and forum , will it switch to The Sims 4, or might they still be one forum for both games (Like Carl and Pam's Sims 3 and 4 guide and Forum)?

Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013, 03:32:53 PM »
I obviously don't have administrative insight into the guide, but I don't see why the guide would have to abandon TS3. There are at least a handful of other simming forums that cater to both TS2 and TS3.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2013, 03:48:53 PM »
I remember being very excited about sims 3, I was an addicted sims 2 player at the time, yet when it did finally arrive I didn't actually like it as I was just too set in my sims 2 ways, I picked it up again a couple of years ago and haven't stopped playing since.

So while sims 4 intrigues me until I've got over my sims 3 addiction I'm not sure I will try it as soon as it is released, I guess it will depend how different it is, sims 2 to sims 3 was quite a departure both graphics wise and gameplay with the open world maybe this will be less of a leap in that respect though. Also I've become very attached to some of my sims, I hope it wont be too difficult to recreate some of them in the new game.

I obviously don't have administrative insight into the guide, but I don't see why the guide would have to abandon TS3. There are at least a handful of other simming forums that cater to both TS2 and TS3.

It's too full of useful information and even if the sims itself moves on with a new version people will still be playing this one.

Korva, I know what you mean, I think that was one of the reasons I initially disliked sims 3, I spent so much time thinking of the things missing from the base game that were part of the base sims 2 game, much of what I missed was added in expansions, the rest I can't even remember now.

I hope they at least remove the baby blankets in sims 4, I'd like a return to sims 2 style babies you can bathe in the kitchen sink, I used to love that  ;D