Author Topic: Purchasing Community Lots  (Read 48763 times)

Offline jsty1633

• Nooboo
Purchasing Community Lots
« on: April 29, 2013, 10:22:25 AM »
Hi all,

I have a question regarding owning a community lot.  Is it at all possible to purchase a community lot that I made?  I made a town with custom community lots, and every time I try to use the phone to check out the real estates, none of them pop up.  Am I doing something wrong is it just not possible?

Thanks.

Offline Korva

• Townie
Re: Purchasing Community Lots
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 12:33:27 AM »
What lot assignment do your self-made community lots have?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jsty1633

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 08:32:46 AM »
There's a beach, a fishing spot, and a couple of small parks atm.

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 04:11:28 PM »
Just to get the obvious question out of the way, are you clicking on the "View Purchaseable Properties" button in the real estate menu?  If your household doesn't currently own anything the property listing looks empty when you first pull it up.  (I ask because it took me a second to figure it out when they introduced the phone/real estate option).

Do your properties have any community buildings on them?  Like a rabbithole (bistro, hospital, gypsy wagon, etc)?  You won't be able to buy the lot itself if that's the case, though you should be able to invest in the business that's on it.

Offline jsty1633

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 11:35:50 PM »
Just to get the obvious question out of the way, are you clicking on the "View Purchaseable Properties" button in the real estate menu?  If your household doesn't currently own anything the property listing looks empty when you first pull it up.  (I ask because it took me a second to figure it out when they introduced the phone/real estate option).

Do your properties have any community buildings on them?  Like a rabbithole (bistro, hospital, gypsy wagon, etc)?  You won't be able to buy the lot itself if that's the case, though you should be able to invest in the business that's on it.

Yea, I've clicked on the Purchasable Property tab and it's empty.  As for the rabbit hole, no, the town I'm playing right now is pretty much custom.  Every single residential lot and community lot are my own.  And so far, the only community lots I've done are a couple of parks, a couple of beaches, a fishing spot, and a junkyard.  And I have assigned them their respective lot types.

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 06:36:11 PM »
Next question - If you click on the lot itself, does the option to buy show up?

Offline jsty1633

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 10:32:52 PM »
Next question - If you click on the lot itself, does the option to buy show up?

I don't believe so, the only buttons I see are the toggle lot type, build/buy, and edit details.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Purchasing Community Lots
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 10:52:25 PM »
You can only purchase lots using a sim's phone or the computer.  Make sure you're not in edit town mode.  Also small parks are never able to be purchased so you won't see them anyway.  Go into edit own and make sure the lots you wish to purchase have a buy able designation.  Then use your sim to try and buy the properties. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline jsty1633

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 08:41:52 AM »
You can only purchase lots using a sim's phone or the computer.  Make sure you're not in edit town mode.  Also small parks are never able to be purchased so you won't see them anyway.  Go into edit own and make sure the lots you wish to purchase have a buy able designation.  Then use your sim to try and buy the properties.

What designations are considered buy-able?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 08:56:40 AM »
Beach, big park, hangout, fishing spot, art gallery, pool and graveyard are the ones I know for certain can be bought.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline jsty1633

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 09:17:17 AM »
I have beaches and a fishing hole yet when I try to check the real estates, the purchasable property tab is still blank.  Aside from designating the lot type, are there any other requirements (Minimum lot value maybe? A specific item that has to be present?)??

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 09:20:53 AM »
No just that it needs to be that lot designation.   Are you absolutely certain that there is nothing on those lots that would be considered a rabbit hole?  A rabbit hole is any building where your sims will disappear when they go inside. 

Can you maybe include a screenshot of Edit town for one of the lots so we can see it?

Offline jsty1633

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2013, 07:56:30 PM »
I re-installed my sims 3 and all the EPs I owned and it's kind of working now. It's still not showing when I use the phone to check available real estates. But it's definitely giving me an option to buy from the map view this time around.  Don't know what went wrong before.  But much thanks for all the help you guys gave me! Very much appreciated.   :)

Offline MeestorMark

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2013, 11:46:44 AM »
In my game, some of the community lots I have made don't become available for purchase by the active household until the lot has a certain value. The value seems kind of random each time. But is has been that way for nectaries, large parks, and if I remember right one of the club types. I think I even got a small park to show up as purchasable once too by putting some expensive statues in the front of it. I might have eventually changed its designation to big park though. I will have to double check next time I open those saves.

anything