Author Topic: The Magical World: Chapter 79 – The Queen, The Rabbit, and the Boys in Shadow  (Read 149232 times)

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
The Magical World: Chapter 77 – Down the Rabbit Hole
« Reply #435 on: February 09, 2016, 03:26:30 PM »
As the years went by the fights with my father only got worse. If my powers grew I got angrier…and they always grew. Another ability. Another argument. Magic. Fight. Witch. Fight. Fight! Fight!! FIGHT!! “Geez Alice! Go a little easy on me will ya? I’m still recovering from our last bout.” Jack looked up at me exasperated from the ground I had just thrown him on. I looked around and noticed some of my other classmates giving me wary looks. People always seemed to look at me like that these days. Holding out my hand to help Jack up I apologized, “I’m sorry. I was just…” “Wandering off again?” He finished my sentence with a knowing smile. I shrugged abashedly, “Sorry.” I glanced at the clock and saw we had a few more minutes, “You want to keep going?” He winked at me playfully, “You know I’m a glutton for punishment.” Soon our instructor called for the end of class, and we all bowed before leaving.

Jack and I went off for coffee after class like usual. It was hard to think that this was my life now. After moving out of my parents’ place 3 years ago I immediately distanced myself from everything strange. Magic, curses, Halloweentown, and robot grandmothers all became a part of a past that I never wanted to drudge up, but life always finds a way… “I’m still really sorry to hear about your grandmother dying. I never met her, but everyone in Halloweentown knew the story about how she and your grandpa defeated Oogie Boogie.” “Yes and people tend to forget that Oogie would never have existed if it hadn’t been for my grandfather’s experiments. The people in my family seem to have a propensity towards darkness that only seems to grow with each passing generation.” “You’re not like that, and I heard your mom is a saint.” I smirked, “Yes she is.” I wasn’t going to touch the subject of what lurked within myself. “Are you sure you still want me to go with you to the funeral?” Jack asked with eyes that were filled anxiety yet a child-like hope. I smiled fully for the first time that day, “Yes, I think it’s time you meet them.”

Coming back here was strange to say the least. I gazed around Halloweentown with a sort of detached air. This should be my home. Why do I feel like I’m looking at the town of a stranger? “Hey there stranger. I was wondering if you would come.” My brother Alec made his way over to me all good looks and boyish charm. I was happy to note that although he resembled my father, he didn’t seem to carry that same aura of gloom my father…and I always exuded. Smiling I hugged him tight, and then he and Jack shook hands, “You do realize you stayed at my place all this summer not more than a month ago.” “Yeah but how can I go three whole weeks without my favorite sister?!” He said with an exaggerated face of dejection. I punched his arm, “I’m your only sister.” “That’s why you’re my favorite. You’re irreplaceable. Family is irreplaceable and you only get one.” He added suddenly very serious. Despite his outside show of indifference to trouble, he had an ingrained sense for sound morality. Through and through my mother’s child, the true saint of our family. That’s why I loved him the most, needed to protect him the most. He was my compass. “Might we postpone our talks about my issues with father for later? People will give us seriously rude looks if we don’t make our way to our seats soon.” “Sure, but we both know your issues extend way beyond that.”

I sat next to my mother, and she wordlessly took my hand for comfort. She and Grandma Sally had always been extremely close. In some ways I envied their relationship, and wondered if mother and I could ever be like that. However, I already knew the answer. The funeral went by without a hitch. It seemed like most of the town wanted to say something or another in honor of my grandmother. My grandfather got up last to say a few words in closing, “We all knew that she’d go eventually. Most of us have to.” With that I glanced over at Sebastian who sat with a woman I didn’t know. “I admit I was in denial. I was convinced that she would live on forever. Live on in all her beauty, grace, honesty, and with all her love. She had the ability to make everyone feel loved and cared for.  Most especially when that person felt that they didn’t deserve it.” There were murmurs of acknowledgement and nods from the crowd. “Goodbye my love. I know that we’ll see each other again soon.”

My grandfather left quickly after the funeral. No one seemed to mind. It was understandable that he didn’t want to be hounded by all the well-wishers right now. The rest of my family went back to my parent’s place to talk. I introduced Jack to Sebastian’s group first, saving my father to tackle later. “It’s very nice to meet you Jack. This is my wife Kamaria.” She was beautiful. A timeless beauty that would never be touched by the passing years. “Pleasure to meet you,” she said as she shook Jack’s hand. But when she shook mine she gave me a quizzical look of interest, and I felt something I thought I’d squashed down forever radiate where our skin met. I looked up at her in alarm, and pulled my hand away. The air around me seemed to charge with tension and electricity that wasn’t there before. A witch. An extremely old and powerful one if I wasn’t mistaken. The look on Sebastian’s face told me that I wasn’t. The whole exchange took place in a matter of seconds and no one seemed to notice except us three. Quickly I moved Jack along to meet Ravenna’s family. This one went by much more smoothly although I admit it was one of the ones I worried over the most. Ravenna was a werewolf, albeit much more in control than my father’s curse seemed to be, her husband Ayden was a vampire, and their daughter Gemma was our families’ first hybrid. She was a shy and sweet girl who despite her general lack of color blushed frequently. We then visited with some family friends, Chip, Babette, Lumiere, and Cogsworth. Mrs. Potts had passed away a few years ago after living a long and feisty life. With everyone else tackled this was it. It was time to face my parents. As we made our way over to them Jack whispered to me, “I’m nervous.” “Trust me, I am too.”

My father nodded at me, “Alice. It’s good to see you.” I merely nodded in return. My mother looked between us and sighed. She then smiled and pulled me into a hug, “It really is so good to see you honey. I miss you living all the way out in Hidden Springs.” I gave her a small smile, “Hey mom.” “And is this handsome young man Jack?” She turned to him with a big smile and pulled him in for a hug as well, “It is wonderful to finally meet you. I’ve heard so much about you from Alec. Although I admit I might have hounded him a bit for details.” “A bit?!” Alec added with mock surprise, “It was more like a high stakes interrogation.” She swatted him affectionately, “Stop it you.” My father was still gazing at me. I pursed my lips, “Adam this is Jack. Jack meet Adam Liddell.” I hadn’t called him father out loud in years. He and Jack shook hands briskly, “It is really nice to meet you sir.” “You seem nice…yet fake.” My father responded curtly. “Adam!” my mother began but I cut her off. “Un-freaking-believable!! You just couldn’t do it could you?! You just couldn’t act like a civil human being for two seconds!! I don’t know why I deluded myself into thinking you could be anything more than an animal!!” “Alice.” My brother never raised his voice, but I could hear the warning. I held my hands up in surrender, “Its fine. We were just leaving anyway.” My mother looked crestfallen, “I thought you might stay for a few days.” “No, we have a plane to catch.” That was a lie but she didn’t need to know that. I pulled Jack away without noticing that my father hadn’t even looked at me through my hissy fit. He and Jack had stared each other down the entire time. I did notice however that throughout the evening Sebastian and Kamaria had given me their full attention.

Jack was quiet the whole ride back to the hotel. My grandfather being the King of Halloween meant that anyone would recognize us as soon as we stepped out of the car and report back to my mother, but I couldn’t bring myself to care. I couldn’t believe how my father had treated Jack. I knew it was a mistake to bring him here. I inwardly cursed myself for not listening to my gut feeling. “Jack?” I had to find a way to explain. “Can you stop the car for a moment?” Jack asked suddenly. Uh oh, I thought, he’s bailing. “Um sure.” I said out loud. I barely put the car in park before Jack was out of the car. He walked aimlessly down an alley, and I followed him full of questions. He turned quickly and gave me a stricken look, “Alice there’s something I need to explain --” Before he finished what he was saying a man dressed in all white with bunny ears hit Jack in the back of the head. Bunny ears?! This is Halloweentown so I guess it wasn’t all that weird to be in costume, but I was still going to kick his butt. Before I got hold of him he produced a staff out of thin air, and where it touched the ground a large hole appeared. “Will you follow me lovely Alice? Will you come for them?” “Them?!” Instead of answering me he glanced down at a pocket watch, “Oh my, the time!!” With that he jumped into the hole with Jack. “Nooo!!” A scream cried out but it wasn’t from me. I spun around and my eyes went wide. It was him. Him him! He ran past me, and gave me a questioning look on the way as he jumped into the hole also. Next thing I knew my phone rang. “Yes?!” I said in a huff. My mother cried into the phone, “Oh Alice! Your brother! A man…white clothes…bunny ears--” She didn’t need to say anything else. I immediately jumped into the hole.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
Re: The Magical World: Chapter 77 – Down the Rabbit Hole
« Reply #436 on: February 09, 2016, 04:39:22 PM »
Great chapter! I'm wondering what is going to happen to Alice..

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #437 on: February 10, 2016, 08:03:17 AM »
Yay!! You did it Ally!  I knew you would.   ;D  I loved this chapter even though I'm confused why her dad verbally attacked Jack like that or why Jack was mugged by the white rabbit.  I'm sure it'll all be explained in more detail in the next update.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
« Reply #438 on: March 05, 2016, 12:30:02 AM »
Great chapter! I'm wondering what is going to happen to Alice..
Thanks!!
Yay!! You did it Ally!  I knew you would.   ;D  I loved this chapter even though I'm confused why her dad verbally attacked Jack like that or why Jack was mugged by the white rabbit.  I'm sure it'll all be explained in more detail in the next update.
Yeah those things should be clear by the next post.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #439 on: March 20, 2016, 02:13:57 PM »
Please, please, please tell me there's going to be more! i just re-(binge)-read the whole thing and I really need to know what's going on with Alice!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
« Reply #440 on: March 21, 2016, 11:14:41 AM »
Please, please, please tell me there's going to be more! i just re-(binge)-read the whole thing and I really need to know what's going on with Alice!
Haha don't worry I am working on it. The issue is I couldn't find what I wanted when I envisioned my wonderland so I'm building most of it from scratch. I've come too far to not finish up ^_^

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #441 on: March 26, 2016, 01:10:43 PM »
Haha don't worry I am working on it. The issue is I couldn't find what I wanted when I envisioned my wonderland so I'm building most of it from scratch. I've come too far to not finish up ^_^

Wow, just wow. I can't even build a house and you are building Wonderland? I'm in awe.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #442 on: March 27, 2016, 11:31:46 PM »
@mpart agreed! If I still played TS3, I would so want Wonderland to be up in the Swap Shop!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #443 on: April 24, 2016, 01:31:09 AM »
Nice update. Curious on why Adam was furious on Jack. Can't wait to see the wonderland and what happens on it. Will be great to see the wonderland characters. Looking forward for next update.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #444 on: April 25, 2016, 01:15:50 AM »
So I'm new to this story, but I just wanted to say that I've been reading along silently for a while. I apologize for not commenting sooner.

Alice is beautiful, and I can't wait to see wonderland! =) I'm sorry it's taken me so long to find this story and to fully comment on it! Just know I'm here reading and rooting for you! I love all the screenshots you've gotten - you've got gorgeous Sims.

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
« Reply #445 on: April 25, 2016, 01:25:44 AM »
Wow, just wow. I can't even build a house and you are building Wonderland? I'm in awe.
@mpart agreed! If I still played TS3, I would so want Wonderland to be up in the Swap Shop!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
Oh boy. Don't get your hopes up too much. I'm not a great builder at all lol, but I'm relatively pleased with what I've done so far.

Nice update. Curious on why Adam was furious on Jack. Can't wait to see the wonderland and what happens on it. Will be great to see the wonderland characters. Looking forward for next update.
Let's just say Jack has some secrets, and it's about time he come clean.

So I'm new to this story, but I just wanted to say that I've been reading along silently for a while. I apologize for not commenting sooner.

Alice is beautiful, and I can't wait to see wonderland! =) I'm sorry it's taken me so long to find this story and to fully comment on it! Just know I'm here reading and rooting for you! I love all the screenshots you've gotten - you've got gorgeous Sims.
Oh yay!! Thank you so much! I always love to find out someone else is enjoying my stories. Don't worry about not commenting. I'm usually a silent reader as well. It takes me ages to think of something to say.

Also I just want to note that the chapter I'm about to post only shows a couple of rooms of Heart Castle, but Alice will be there for the next 2 chapters at least so I'll be able to show a lot more before moving to some other locations.

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
The Magical World: Chapter 78 – The Red Queen
« Reply #446 on: April 25, 2016, 01:34:04 AM »
Alice

“Ughhh…” My ears were ringing and my head felt like it was going to explode. Clutching my head, I mentally gave myself a little shake as my vision began to clear. “What the…” I jumped up and looked around at the completely unfamiliar setting. “Ok, recap. I jumped through a hole in the ground after a bunny-man, and ended up in a…flower maze?!” There were so many colors and mushrooms. Big mushrooms. What kind of place is this? It began to dawn on me the gravity of what it meant to be in the center of a maze. I was lost. Really lost. Only after what felt like hours did I find what looked to be some sort of entrance.

“Bunny-man!” I stomped over to the culprit, “You give me back my brother and Jack or so help me--”. Immediately I was seized by two guards I hadn’t even realized were there. “Easy boys, the lady is a guest. Bunny-man,” he said with a slight frown before actually tutting at me, “oh dear I hope you don’t mean me. I am Peter. Peter White.” He gave me a dramatic bow and then made a slight wave in the general vicinity, “And this is Wonderland!” “Wonderland? That’s a story in a kid’s book.” “Does this look like a kid’s story to you?” I chanced a glance at the very real and sharp swords being pointed at me, “No.” Without another word he gestured to the two guards who quickly began ushering me inside the castle.

Eventually I was led to a throne room. The room was filled with red and gold accents everywhere. Golden statues, red heart rugs, and a golden throne complete with a tiny red woman perched on top. However, what held my eye the most were the two men seated at her side. On her left sat my stalker. I gave an unconscious shudder when my gaze fell upon him, and he looked at me with what only can be described as amusement. On her right side sat Jack… Seeing him not only completely unharmed, but done up in fancy clothes immediately set me on edge. What the heck was he playing at? He refused to even make eye contact with me. I took a deep breath and made a mental note to knock his lights out later.

Before I could think too long about it the red queen hopped up and made her way over to me. “Oh!” she squealed, “You look just like our favorite doll! Here’s an idea. You will be our favorite doll now!” I gave her a look of disbelief. Was this lady for real? “Doll?” “Does this not please you…” It wasn’t really a question. I could swear I felt the room freeze over from the look she gave me. Her abnormally large eyes zeroed in on me and I felt like she could destroy me with a look alone. This woman was crazed. Deranged. The entire room had gone dead silent as if they all awaited my answer. A quick glance around told me that I was correct. As my gaze shifted back towards the red queen I happened to see the stalker in my line of sight. He was quite literally on the edge of his seat giving off a worried expression. When our eyes met he gave me a slight nod. What was that supposed to mean? Encouragement? “Well?” The red queen’s voice cut into my train of thoughts, and I frantically tried to drudge up all of my father’s lectures on manners and propriety.

“Of course this pleases me greatly…my queen,” I tacked on for good measure and gave her my best curtsy. Her face instantly morphed back into that of a happy child, “This pleases us too!” Hang on, us? “What is your name? We are Vivaldi.” We? “I’m Alice.” “Come and meet our sons!” Ou--wait. No. Noooo. I watched in slow horror as the stalker and Jack, or whoever he really was, made their way over to us. “That is our eldest Ace Heart,” she said gesturing to the area my stalker occupied without bothering to actually turn and look at him. He grabbed my left hand and gave me a cheeky wink when he finally released it, “Pleasure to meet you love. I go by Hatter.” Oh I’m sure. This is totally not the first time you’ve seen me even though you stalked me for the better part of three years. Also Hatter? Is that due to the absurdity of wearing a hat even though we are indoors? Curiously though he had slipped me a piece of paper. I took the wink to mean: Hey, open this later or it could be embarrassing for all of us!

Vivaldi then commanded my attention. “Now this,” she said while looking adoringly at Jack, “is our youngest, most handsome and brave son Jack Heart.” Perfect. He even lied to me about his last name. I suppose I should be relieve that his name is actually Jack. Perhaps this is what he had wanted to tell me before being knocked out. That should be taken into account in his favor. However, it should also be taken into account that he only ventured to do so after four years and my father nearly outing him! My father…I really needed to apologize. Presently, Jack took my right hand and kissed it. Somehow I was able to gather all my willpower and resist the urge to pull back and smack him. I’m sure that would have went over well the manic queen. He said nothing and neither did I, because really what was there to say? There was no possible story that he could spin to assuage my anger, and I hoped that the paper he just slipped into my hand did not attempt to do so. “So nice!” Vivaldi exclaimed. “Peter! Come and show our Alice to her room.” I had a room already? There was no way I could stay here with these people, and yet what choice did I have? The only person I hadn’t seen was the one I wanted to see most. As Bunny-man or Peter approached me with a wicked smile I knew he was going to be the one to tell me exactly where my brother was. Even if I had to force it out of him.

Vivaldi

“We have doors that lead everywhere. We have doors that lead nowhere. We know why she’s here. We know why she’s come. We know who she’s looking for, but she doesn’t know that we’ve been looking for her. Isn’t that nice pet?”

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: The Magical World: Chapter 78 – The Red Queen
« Reply #447 on: April 25, 2016, 02:30:21 AM »
Looks like I commented just in time then! The building is so gorgeous! I must say I love how everyone looks, and Peter's pretty handsome, minus the bunny ears. :) If that's what you've got for Heart Castle thus far I'm super impressed. I can't wait to see more of it!

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #448 on: April 25, 2016, 08:17:06 AM »
This update was well worth the wait!  What a magnificent wonderland you've created.  Take a bow Mel, it's all crazy and colourful.  Lewis Carroll could hardly have made it better.  ;D
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #449 on: April 25, 2016, 10:48:23 AM »
Awesome update. The wonderland was fabulous. Nice to see the Queen of Hearts, Mad Hatter and others. Looking forward for next update and more romance between Alice and Jack Heart.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)