Author Topic: The Magical World: Chapter 79 – The Queen, The Rabbit, and the Boys in Shadow  (Read 149134 times)

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: The Magical World: Chapter 62 – Hakuna Matata
« Reply #375 on: August 09, 2014, 08:37:22 AM »
I really look forward to these updates.  I can almost recite all the lines to the movies but you have these little twists and turns that are different and delightful.  I wonder if Rafiki will help them find Simba?  ;D
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #376 on: August 09, 2014, 10:03:19 AM »
This story is going more exciting day by day. Can't wait for next update. Will Ghost Alladin show up or Jasmine?
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kaseofhearts

• Immortal
« Reply #377 on: August 09, 2014, 11:57:27 AM »
I'm excited to get a good look at a grown up Simba!

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
« Reply #378 on: August 16, 2014, 11:43:14 PM »
I really look forward to these updates.  I can almost recite all the lines to the movies but you have these little twists and turns that are different and delightful.  I wonder if Rafiki will help them find Simba?  ;D
I'm glad to hear that. Hm, we'll definitely see a bit of him in the next chapter.

This story is going more exciting day by day. Can't wait for next update. Will Ghost Alladin show up or Jasmine?
Thank you! And we'll see.  ;)

I'm excited to get a good look at a grown up Simba!
He's a cutie.  :)

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
The Magical World: Chapter 63 – It Is Time
« Reply #379 on: August 17, 2014, 12:43:53 AM »
Scar

The shrill in Zazu’s voice was growing increasingly irksome, “Your nightly activities with those…vagabonds are beginning to spotlight untoward attention on this company! Our overseas partners are starting to question if they should keep ties with such a company.” I waved him off, “What I do with my personal time should have nothing to do with them.” “When your ‘personal time’ ends up as front page news it concerns everyone! Arsons, muggings, burglary! Your men are out of control. If Aladdin were to see things in this state--” I slammed him against the wall, “What did you say? That name is never to be spoken in my presence! You know my rules.”

Just then the idiotic threesome entered, momentarily tearing my attention from Zazu. Shenzi looked from me to Zazu, “Uh…Scar?” I snapped at them, “I hear that you made the front page of the paper. Let me be the first to congratulate you.” I gave them a mock bow and Ed smiled, earning him an elbow from Shenzi. Banzai then held his hands up, “We can explain that. You see--” “Does discreet have no meaning to you?!” Ed shook his head no. I scowled, “Abu.” In a flash, Abu knocked him to the floor, and returned to his previous position. I nodded my approval and returned my attention to the band of idiots, “The next time I hear any scrap of news regarding your activities, I’ll have your heads on a platter. Am I understood?” “Yes.” They all said in unison and scurried out. I turned to Zazu, “There. Mischief managed.” He shook his head and exited as well.

Simba

“Hey Timon, do you ever wonder what the stars are made up of?” Pumbaa suddenly asked one night while we all laid out in a field. “I don’t wonder Pumbaa, I know. They are made up of thousands of little fireflies, and each bundle of fireflies is trapped in that big bluish-black thing.” “Oh…I always thought stars were more like balls of gas burning billions of miles away.” “Don’t be silly. Besides, with you Pumbaa, everything is gas.” “What about you Simba? What do you think they are?” I immediately thought back to the conversation with my dad, “Oh I don’t know…” They both looked in my direction, “Oh come on. We told you ours.” “Hm…alright. Well someone once told me that they were the spirits of those who have passed on before us, and that they were there to guide us.” “So a bunch of dead people are watching us right now?” Timon griped. He and Pumbaa then burst out laughing, “What kind of nonsense is that? Ha! What mook told you that? Oh geez, Simba you’re killing me.” “Yeah, total nonsense.” I added, but I didn’t join in on the laughter.

Nala

Reaching out I could only grasp the air he left behind, “Simba!” My feet pounded against the ground as I chased after him, “Please wait!” I ran and ran, but no matter how fast I went his shadow slithered away from me. Soon he was far too far away for me to possibly touch, to reach, to see. Darkness enveloped me and I slumped to the floor in agony, “Please…don’t leave me alone again.” My eyes shot open in a start. I felt beads of sweat forming on my skin, and quickly brushed the hair back that was beginning to stick to my skin. “Nala.” “Do you always have to sneak up on me?” I snarled at Abu, after I managed to stop the mini heart attack he almost caused.

“It’s good training for you.” He said simply. I rolled my eyes, “Why are you here?” “Be here tonight.” He said handing me a sheet of paper. “A dance club?” “A waitress named Analily obligingly told me he’d probably there tonight. Apparently they work together.” I raised an eyebrow, “Obligingly huh?” But his face revealed nothing. He turned and headed for the window, “Good luck.” “Wait. Are you not coming with me? I thought you would want to help? To see him?” “I have work tonight.” He said without looking back and I thought I could sense a hint of annoyance in his voice. He did want to come, but Scar often trusted only Abu with many jobs. So he naturally had ‘work’ a lot. I looked over the paper once more, “I’ll bring him home. I promise.”

Simba

“What did I tell ya? Is this place great or what?” Timon said nudging me. Well that was one way to describe it. The guys had been waiting till I was old enough so they could drag me to this place, but I was never really one for crowds. There was a band playing, girls dancing, and slight haze of a chocolate scent in the air. But perhaps that was just oozing from the bubble machines over in the corner. Pumbaa slung his arm over my shoulder, “Let’s get some drinks!” After we finally pushed our way to the front of the bar Timon opened his mouth to order, but stopped before uttering a word. I poked him, “Anybody home in there?” “Uh…excuse me fellas, but there is a lovely young blonde over there who I think wants my company.” Pumbaa and I exchanged a look, “I seriously doubt that.”

But he didn’t hear a word, because he was already making his move. I spotted the girl he was talking about. She was gorgeous. And that only made me certain of one thing…she definitely wasn’t interested in Timon’s ‘company’. I’m not sure what he said, but the next thing I knew she had his head slammed against the table. Pumbaa and I ran over to defuse the situation. But the moment Pumbaa reached Timon, I guess she thought he was reaching out to grab her, and she kicked him in the gut. He went down to the ground clutching his stomach. I held my hands up, “Hey. Listen--” But my words fell on deaf ears as I found myself slammed against a wall. Suddenly in the light, I got a closer look at her face. Honey blonde hair, pale blue eyes, a tendency of slamming people into things, “Nala…?”

Her eyes narrowed as she studied my face. She then let me go abruptly, “Simba?” I grinned, “Yeah. It’s good to see you. What are you doing here?” “I could ask you the same question. You’re supposedly dead.” My grin faded, “Dead?” Timon and Pumbaa walked over still nursing their wounded areas. Timon waved his hands in the air, “Wait a minute, wait a minute, you two know each other?” “Yeah, she is my best friend. Timon and Pumbaa this is Nala.” His eyebrows shot up, “The Nala? Ah I see.” Nala looked back at me, “You have to come home. Scar has taken your place at Anima Industries, and he and his henchman are not only ruining the company your parents built, but the city as well.” Timon scoffed, “Even I’ve heard of Anima Industries, and now you’re saying that this guy is the owner?” I shook my head, “No.” “Yes.” Nala shot back. “Look, it has nothing to do with me anymore.” I tried to turn away, but Nala reached for my hand, “Can I talk to you alone?” Timon crossed his arms, “Anything you got to say to him, you can say to us right buddy?” “Actually, we’re gonna head out. I’ll see you guys at home.” I heard Timon say to Pumbaa on my way out, “That’s where it starts… Now our trio’s down to two.”

“Now enlighten me on how I’m supposedly dead.” She shrugged, “Scar told everyone you died in the car crash with your parents.” Thinking about the crash made me ache in places I had stored away a long time ago, so I changed the subject, “You grew up well.” “Hardly. Thanks to Scar the city is overrun with crime that goes largely unpunished, because he has more than half the officers and political figures in his back pocket. One can hardly feel safe walking down street without getting mugged, let alone sitting in your home without it being set to fire.” Were things really that bad? I shook my head slowly, “That’s terrible.” “Truly. That’s why I’ve come to find you. To bring you home. So that you may set things right again.” “Nala, we’ve been through this. It has nothing to do with me anymore.” “Simba…” I grabbed her hands, “Listen, can we just not talk about that stuff for a little while? There’s some things I want to show you.” She sighed, “Okay…for a little while.” I took her around to all my favorite places. She had never spent too much time on this side of the bridge, so everything was pretty brand new to her. 

“I still can’t believe I’m really looking at you here in the flesh. You don’t know what this will mean to everyone. What it means to me…” “I missed you.” “I missed you too. Abu has missed you as well.” At the mention of Abu’s name I stepped back from her, “Abu?” She smiled brightly, “Yeah. I can’t wait to tell him that I found you. Who knows what he’ll do.” Scar’s words flashed into my head: “Just think of what Abu will do when he finds out you are responsible. He will be furious.” I shook my head trying to clear it, “He doesn’t have to know. No one has to know.” “Of course he does. If it wasn’t for him talking to that Analily woman I wouldn’t have known you would be at the club tonight.” “Ms. Analily? Look just don’t say anything.” “He’ll find out when you come back anyway.” “I told you I’m not coming back. You just don’t understand!” I wanted to tell her what I’d done, but I was sure she’d turn away from me if I did. She grabbed my arm, “Then help me to.”

I jerked my arm away, “None of it matters. Hakuna matata.” “What?” “Hakuna matata. It’s something I learned out here. Sometimes bad things happen and there’s nothing you can do about it so why worry?” She threw up her arms, “Oh, I don’t know. Maybe because it’s your responsibility!” When I stayed silent she added, “You are not the Simba I remember…” “No. I’m not. Now are you satisfied?” “No, just disappointed.” Those words of my dad’s stung me. I replied back bitterly, “You know, you are starting to sound like my father.” “Good. At least one of us does!” “You think you can just show up here and tell me how to live my life! You don’t even know what I’ve been through!” She opened her mouth, “Actu--” But I cut her off not willing to let my pride take anymore blows, “I think you should just go. Goodnight.” 

I stalked off in a random direction, started back, turned around again, and then let out a frustrated cry. Looking up at the sky I shouted, “You said you’d always be there for me, but you’re not! And it’s because of me… It’s all my fault.” I plopped down on the ground, and desperately tried to will away the pain. Push it down again, so it couldn’t hurt me. “Asante sana, squash banana. We we nugu, imi mi apana.” Some old man came out of nowhere, and began singing nonsense. I turned away from him, but he jumped in my face and kept singing. Frustrated I stood up, “Will you cut it out!” “I can’t cut it out. It’ll grow right back! Hehe!” “Who are you?” “The question is who are you?” “…I thought I knew. Now I’m not so sure.” “Well I know who you are. Shh. Come here. It’s a secret.” He said beckoning me closer. I leaned in waiting for an answer.

“Asante sana, squash banana. We we nugu, imi mi apana.” “Grr! Enough already! What does that even mean?” “It means you are a buffoon, and I am not.” He said in a matter-of-fact tone. “I think you are a little confused.” “Wrong! I’m not the one who’s confused. You don’t even know who you are.” I raised a brow, “Oh, and I suppose you do?” “Sure I do. You’re Jasmine and Aladdin’s boy.” My jaw dropped in shock. He waved mischievously, “Bye.” I chased after him, “Hey wait!” For an old man he could move pretty fast. When I finally caught up to him he was meditating on a rock, “You knew my parents?” “Correction, I know you’re parents.” I rubbed the back of my neck, “I hate to tell you this, but they died a long time ago. He jumped off the rock, “Nope! Wrong again! Ha ha ha! They’re alive and I’ll show them to you. You follow old Rafiki. He knows the way. It is time.”

He took me through a series of dark alleyways and underground tunnels. After a while I was sure we were lost, but suddenly I almost ran smack into his outstretched hand, “Stop!” He directed me to a pool of water that we had arrived at, “Look down there.” With a feeling of nervous anticipation I stepped slowly to the water. Closing my eyes, I bent down and finally peered in, but all I saw was my reflection. I stood up straight with a heavy sigh, “That’s not my parents, it’s just me.” Rafiki shook his head, “No. Look harder. You see? They live in you.” Taking a deep breath, I looked again, seeing my reflection once more, but suddenly the image began to change. To my astonishment my parents were there staring back at me.

Rain then began to fall and the spots where my parents’ images laid started to rise up and take shape. I gaped as they hovered before me. “Simba.” My father called out to me. “How are you here?” My mother looked sad, “Simba you have forgotten us.” “No! How could I?” “You have forgotten who you are, and so have forgotten us.” My father answered. “Look inside yourself Simba. You are more than what you have become. It is time for you to take your place in the circle of life.” “How could I possibly go back? I’m just not who I used to be anymore.” My mother’s voice was gentle but firm, “Remember who you are. You are our son. Destined for greatness. Remember.” They’re forms began to crumble back into the water. I desperately reached out and tried to grasp them, but the water only slipped through my fingers, “No! Please don’t leave me! Father! Mother! Don’t leave me…” Their voices saying, “Remember,” was the last thing I heard.

Rafiki came up and patted my back, “Whoo! What was that? Crazy weather. Very peculiar don’t you think?” “Yeah. It looks the winds are changing.” “Ah, change is good.” “Sure, but it’s not easy... I know what I need to do, but going back means I’ll have to face my past. And I’ve just been running from it for so long…” Rafiki suddenly smacked me against the head “Ow! What was that for?” He shrugged, “It doesn’t matter. It’s in the past.” “Sure, but it still hurts.” I said rubbing my head. “Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it you can either run from it, or learn from it.” He moved to smack me again, but I ducked. He laughed, “Ah, you see? So what are you going to do?” I smiled and took off running, “I’m going back!” 

Offline kaseofhearts

• Immortal
Re: The Magical World: Chapter 63 – It Is Time
« Reply #380 on: August 17, 2014, 12:57:10 AM »
It's hard to imagine an actual old man acting like a monkey, haha. But it seems anything is possible! I really loved the style of clothing you chose for the boys when they entered the club. Really nice pick.

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #381 on: August 17, 2014, 09:27:14 AM »
Yay! Simba is back and coming for the challenge. Can't wait for the battle. I also hope both Timon and Pumba will help in this battle.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #382 on: August 18, 2014, 04:36:53 PM »
Mel this was fantastic.  I like how you did the 'remember' scene.  It was very touching.  I too am looking forward to the battle.  ;D

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
« Reply #383 on: August 24, 2014, 06:20:02 PM »
It's hard to imagine an actual old man acting like a monkey, haha. But it seems anything is possible! I really loved the style of clothing you chose for the boys when they entered the club. Really nice pick.
Haha. Thanks I love the clothes that came with Roaring Heights.

Yay! Simba is back and coming for the challenge. Can't wait for the battle. I also hope both Timon and Pumba will help in this battle.
Those guys will always stick together from now on.  :)

Mel this was fantastic.  I like how you did the 'remember' scene.  It was very touching.  I too am looking forward to the battle.  ;D
Thanks! I think Simba definitely needed that moment with his parents.
Now we'll see what other situations he encounters before reaching Scar.

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
The Magical World: Chapter 64 – My Responsibility
« Reply #384 on: August 24, 2014, 06:47:14 PM »
Nala

I can’t believe that he told me to leave! Just pack up and go like that. As if all these years of searching meant nothing, and I would really go home empty-handed. Maybe I was a bit harsh with the disappointed thing, but he didn’t even give me a chance to explain myself. A chance to tell him I know exactly what he’s been through and what he’s been struggling with. And a chance to tell him that none it is his fault. Ugh! That’s it. I’m going to go back, and this time I’m going to be calm, keep the sass to myself, and drag him back across the bridge if I have to. I’d start by going to the diner he works at, and simply corner him after his shift was over.

This part of the city was so hectic though, and I found it quite easy to lose my bearings. While I was looking around trying to distinguish any of the places I’d been with Simba last night, I ran right into someone. “Oh I’m sorry!” He got up quick and dusted his clothes, “Watch it lady.” By the time he looked up to meet my eyes, I had recognized him and his companion. We all said at the same time, “Where is Simba?” “He never came home last night. We thought he was with you.” I looked away briefly, “We had a disagreement and parted ways. Do you know where I might find him?” “Well you won’t find him on this side of the bridge.” A man called while walking up to us. “Rafiki? What are you doing here? Wait, what do you mean he’s not on this side of the bridge?” He smiled, “He went back.” I couldn’t believe it. Last night he was so resistant. What had changed? Looking at the mischievous gleam in Rafiki’s eye I could only guess he had something to do with it. I would have to remember to thank him later. “I’m going to help him.” I called over my shoulder as I took off running. To my surprise Timon and Pumbaa ran after me, “We’re coming too.” I nodded. We could use all the help we could get.

Simba

The journey back took longer than expected. I still had a thing about cars… Not that I really wanted to risk taking a cab anyway. I still had no idea who in this city was working for Scar or not. On that note, I spent most of my time ducking and hiding behind things to avoid being seen by anyone, especially someone wearing a suit and meeting Nala’s description of a Scar henchman. It was strange seeing my old home again. I sat outside and staked it out for an hour before even making an attempt to enter. I noticed several guys in suits heading out, and when I felt certain that the house should be sufficiently lacking in man power, I went in to find my target. Doing a quick scan, I realized that the place really hadn’t changed much. I headed straight towards the back of the house and Scar’s office. He used to spend hours holed up in here, and it was my best bet at finding him quickly. But to my surprise, the person I found typing furiously away at the computer was Zazu. He waved a hand in the air when I entered, “Tell him I’ll have it finished within the hour. I’ll bring it over to the office then.” 

I said nothing for a long while just looked. It was so good to see another familiar face, and at the same time, it hurt. Soon he noticed that the person who entered hadn’t left, and he sighed before turning his chair in my direction, “I said-, Simba? Oh, is it you, truly?” I nodded slowly, “Hey Zazu.” He ran and gave me a hug I didn’t think I deserved. Then he stepped back looking me over, “You’ve grown into a fine young man. How did you manage out there all on your own?” “I found good people. We just took it one day at a time.” His smile grew and he clapped me on the shoulder, “Your parents would be proud.” Anguish distorted my face as I thought about the crash, my argument with Nala, and the talk with my parents in the rain, “No. I can never make them proud. Only finally step up and do my part to honor their name. I’ll never deserve their pride or forgiveness, or anyone else’s for that matter.” He stared at me for a while before saying anything, “Is this because you think you are responsible for their death? That somehow you caused the accident?” Shock shook my body as I heard the words that I could never say. They were like daggers.

He reached for my shoulder again and I flinched not able to meet his eye, “You did not hurt your parents.” His words were slow and deliberate, but I shook my head knowing the truth. He continued before I could voice my objections, “The crash wasn’t an accident. Someone intentionally caused it. That someone was Scar. He put the blame on you, sent you away, lied about your death, and finally claimed what he had always coveted.” Inside I felt a boiling pot of emotions brewing. Disbelief, agony, relief, and rage – a lot of rage. “The important thing Simba is that you know you’re not at fault. And Abu, Nala, and I have known for a long time about the truth. We never blamed you. Never you.” I slumped down on the couch suddenly feeling weak. He sat beside me, “I know this a lot to take in. But what were you here to do? You mentioned honoring your parent’s name?” I nodded, quickly brushing my tears away, “I want to take the company back from Scar.” “Good. You’ll find him at the main office in the center of the city, most likely in his office on the top floor. There will be many his goons there though. You might find yourself with a fight on your hands, and I’ll admit I’m pretty lousy in a fistfight.”

“We can help with that.” I looked up to see Nala, Timon, and Pumbaa filing through the door. “Nala?” She smiled at me, her eyes catching the light, “Glad you came to your senses. Rafiki told us you were headed this way.” I returned her smile before Zazu drew my attention back his way, “While I can’t offer you physical support, I can handle all the business aspects of the transition. All you have to do is get Scar’s claws out of the company.” My face grew dark as I began thinking about him, “I’ll do a lot more than that. It’s time for Scar to feel some of the pain he has inflicted on countless others with no regard to anything but his own gain." I looked over my assembled ‘team’, “You ready?” Timon and Pumbaa puffed out their chests, “We’re with ya till the end buddy.” Nala took my hand and I noted how soft her skin was, “I’ll always be by your side no matter what.” I stared in those captivating eyes for longer than I intended to before remembering there were other people in the room. Clearing my throat, I made a mental note to whisk Nala away later and set a determined look on my face, “Let’s go.”

After another quick stakeout of the office building one thing was clear, Zazu was absolutely correct in his assessment that we would be met with a lot of opposition before we had any hopes of reaching Scar. I scratched my head for a moment, “Ok guys, we need a plan.” Pumbaa clapped his hands together, “Charge in, knock a bunch of them around, and ask questions later.” “That’s not a plan, that’s just chaos.” “Chaos you could use to move on to the next floor. Let us handle this one.” Nala stated. I shook my head frowning, “No way. I don’t want to leave you guys behind.” “Hey. You gotta get to your uncle right? Don’t worry about us, we got this.” Timon assured me. After looking around at their optimistic faces I just sighed, “Alright. Chaos it is.”

And chaos is exactly what ensued the moment we entered the building. Timon and Pumbaa ran screaming toward the henchmen, launching themselves at as many as they could take down. Nala was a bit more calculated with her movements, but was soon taking on a group of her own. I hung back for a moment before throwing myself into the fray. Random bystanders and workers ran screaming from the building, and I did my best to camouflage myself in the mix. A couple of times though a goon or two noticed I was running in the wrong direction, one of which I recognized as Banzai. I guess those teens from the junkyard ended up working for Scar. Somehow I managed to kick and throw my way to freedom. Finally I reached the stairs, and with one look back noted that Rafiki had mysteriously joined in on the battle. Trusting my friends I ran up to the next floor.

I did a brief scan and rejoiced at the empty floor and desks. Everyone must have gone downstairs! Then to my dismay five goons came stomping down from upstairs, quickly preparing for an assault. I tensed into a fight stance only to have the lights shut out. I could only make out shadows moving about the room, and grunts as bodies struggled and the unlucky parties hit the floor. I stayed alert waiting for an attack, but none came. Instead the lights were turned back on. A man stood facing away from me and standing over the goons who had entered. He placed a device in his pocket that I assumed had controlled the lights. Turning to walk over to me, I gasped as I finally caught sight of his face, “You need to keep moving. I won’t let anyone else get in your way.” To say I was conflicted to see my brother was an understatement, my mind instantly flooded with all the things I wanted to say to him, “Abu…” He clasped my arm, “I’ve missed you too my brother. We can talk more later, but for now we need to go defeat Scar.”

Thankfully the remaining floors truly were deserted, and we quickly made our way into Scar’s office. “Scar!” I shouted, scanning the room for him, but our response came from behind. Before we had a moment to react Scar had bashed his desk chair into Abu’s head, sending him crashing down to the ground unconscious. Scar grinned wickedly, “Now that the bigger threat is down, just one more to go.” His grin fell, “One that I had hoped would be squashed out long ago.” “Scar…” I growled at him. In the next instant we were on each other. He was faster than I expected, and whipped out a punch that had me seeing stars. Shaking my head, I quickly recovered and grabbed the arm he used to punch me, pulling him forward straight into my knee. He let out a gush of air as I made contact. I then brought my elbow down on the back of his head. “You killed my parents!” I shouted down to his crumbled up body.

Unfortunately, he wasn’t as down as I thought. Kicking out a leg, he knocked my legs from under me, and I went crashing to the ground as well. He quickly clamored on top of me and threw punches at me. “Yes I killed them, and I’d do it again if it meant getting what I deserved.” Feeling hate grow inside me, I found enough strength to launch him off of me with my legs. After landing he began crab walking backwards as I stalked in his direction. I launched toward him and tackled him through the window onto the balcony. Not giving him a second to recover, I drug him by his arm, and pushed him slightly over the balcony. “I should drop you down there right now!” Fear finally crossed his features for the first time all night as he realized he was completely at a loss, “Simba. I’m family. You wouldn’t hurt your family would you?” “You’re no family of mine.” I shot back. “I was only following the plan. It was my henchman you see. They came to me with this elaborate idea, and needed a face, a leader for their cause. I was merely playing a role.” I leaned him further over the balcony and he blanched, “I don’t believe a word you say. But I’m not a killer.”

Sighing I tossed him to the ground and pinched the bridge of my nose, “Run. Run away Scar and never return.” Shocked crossed his face as I spit his words back at him, but he quickly regained composure, got up, and scurried out. I noticed as he left he went past a fully conscious Abu. He regarded me carefully, “He’s never going to change Simba.” “I know. It’s just, for so long I had death, being responsible for death, weighing on my conscience. I just don’t know if I can do it again. But I’ll figure something out for him. I’ll do…something.” Abu looked out into the distance for a moment and then spoke quietly, “I’ll take care of it.” “You don’t have to do that.” I protested. “Yes I do.” “It’s my responsibility.” “And father gave me the responsibility of taking care of you. A responsibility I have failed for more than a decade.” “No--” “Let me do this Simba. I will find him, and end this.” Searching his eyes I saw a lot of emotions that mirrored my own, and I also found a burning determination. I finally nodded in agreement.

Eight Months Later

Abu

I watched with utter disdain as Scar hurried down the alleyway, constantly checking over his shoulder. I closed my eyes and listened to the sounds of him squeal in terror as his former henchmen closed in on him and took him apart. They were more than happy to dispose of Scar after I relayed to them his betrayal that night. In exchange for their revenge, they were to never cross onto this side of the bridge again after this night. After the sounds died down I pulled out my phone and sent a quick text. “Finally. It’s done.”

Simba

I looked down at the text Abu had sent and let out a deep breath. A strange cluster of emotions filled with sadness and relief washed over me, but I had more important things to worry about right now. I grunted slightly as Nala squeezed into my hand once more while breathing frantically. “I’m sorry!” “No it’s fine. I’m here for you.” She gave me a slight smile before going into another bout of frantic breathing. While I tried to regain feeling in my hand, my mother in law gave me some encouragement, “You know I helped deliver you in this very room. Your parents were so happy to hold you for the first time.” “Really?” “Yes. So don’t worry. Everything’s going to be just fine.” Not long after that our son was born. I can’t really tell you everything was alright, because it wasn’t exactly. But I’ll talk more about that later. For now all that was important was that I suddenly had a new person to love for the rest of my life. For now it was time for my son to meet the world and join the circle of life. Welcome Jack Skellington. 

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: The Magical World: Chapter 64 – My Responsibility
« Reply #385 on: August 25, 2014, 12:59:51 AM »
Fabulous update.  The battle was epic but so were the rewards.   ;)  Well done Simba and Nala with a little help from Zazu, Abu, Pumba, Timon and Rafiki. 

Welcome Jack.  The circle of life goes on and on.

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
Re: The Magical World: Chapter 64 – My Responsibility
« Reply #386 on: August 31, 2014, 11:59:17 PM »
Fabulous update.  The battle was epic but so were the rewards.   ;)  Well done Simba and Nala with a little help from Zazu, Abu, Pumba, Timon and Rafiki. 

Welcome Jack.  The circle of life goes on and on.
Thank you. But oh my I just realized this one probably had more side characters than any of the stories I've done thus far.

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
The Magical World: Chapter 65 – Different
« Reply #387 on: September 01, 2014, 12:22:51 AM »
Simba

“It’s called oculocutaneous albinism.”  I squeezed Nala’s hand as we exchanged a look, and then simultaneously looked over at little Jack playing with toys in the corner. Nala leaned forward, “So what exactly does that mean?” “As you’ve already noted it’s a condition that affects the pigmentation of the skin, hair, and eyes. Furthermore, it means that prolonged sun exposure increases his risk of skin damage and skin cancer, he’ll have increased sensitivity to light, possible rapid and involuntary eye movement, and even reduced vision acuity. Most of his vision problems should be corrected with spectacles or contact lenses when he is older.”  We left the doctor’s office in a daze.

Nala

“Jack! You forgot to put on sunscreen.” He trudged sullenly back to the house muttering something about being over protective. I smeared sunscreen on his face and exposed skin. “Here, you forgot your lunch too. Have fun on your fieldtrip.” He waved and ran towards the waiting bus. I pursed my lips as I saw him immediately sit down in an empty front seat, speaking to no one. Ever since entering school he consistently had trouble with the other kids. It seemed like we were constantly called to the school over Jack’s latest fight or disruptive outburst. Today wasn’t any different… Jack slumped into a chair in the office without saying anything. “What’s wrong sweetie? Did you not have fun at the theatre?” “The principal is going to call in a little bit,” he said without meeting my eye. I sighed and looked over to Simba who just shook his head. “What happened?” “Apparently I caused another ‘disruption’.”

Before I could even respond my cell phone rang, “Hello?” The principal’s voice which I recognized without effort came clear through the phone, “Hello Mrs. Skellington. I know you’re a busy woman so I’ll get straight to the point. As you might have learned by now there was another situation involving Jack during the field trip today. I think it would be a good idea if you and your husband came into the school tomorrow so that we can discuss some options for Jack.” “Options?” “Just choices that might make his academic career more successful. I’ll explain more tomorrow. How does 9 am sound?” “Hm… 9 am should be fine.”

Saturday morning we took Jack over to Timon and Pumbaa’s. Despite ranting about how he didn’t need a sitter the entire ride over, he greeted the twosome enthusiastically. Timon ruffled his hair affectionately, causing Jack to swat at him, “Hey little man. I heard you’re in hot water again.” Jack’s eyes shifted to the side, “I didn’t do anything. The other kids are just idiots.” “Jack!” I chastised him, “You cannot go around saying things like that.” He simply shrugged his shoulders and kicked at the ground. Simba turned to the guys, “Thanks for looking after him.” Pumbaa waved him off, “Ah, it’s no trouble. We always have fun.” “Not too much fun I’m sure. He is in trouble right now.” I said with a stern look. “Yeah… Of course. We’ll keep the fun to a minimum.” Timon said while slyly winking at Jack.

Sighing, Simba and I headed back towards the car, “We’ll come back around two.” The threesome waved as we drove away. “So what are these ‘options’ you think she has in mind?” Simba asked me as we drove over to the school. “I have no idea, but somehow I have a bad feeling about all of this.” It turns out I wasn’t too far off, “Ok…I can see that moving Jack to another school district obviously doesn’t sit well, and most likely won’t really solve your issues. So I have one more option. I know of a special school for children with trouble acclimating to public school, because of being different.” “So what you want us to ship him off to a boarding school with other ‘special’ children?” “Children that share his troubles, and know what it’s like to be bullied and treated differently. I really think he could thrive at a school like this.” Looking over our faces she sighed, “Listen just take this information, think about it, and then make your decision.”

“I’m not sending my little boy to some school half way across the world!” Simba grasped my hands, “I know it might be hard, but he really hates being at school. We have to think about what’s best for him, not just what’s easy.” I pulled my hands away abruptly, but thought over what he said, “What if he doesn’t like it? What if he thinks we’re sending him away because we don’t love him or it’s a punishment?” He pulled me close again, “If he doesn’t like it he can always come home, and believe me he knows that we love him. But just in case, we can tell him over and over again while smothering him with kisses like this.” He began to kiss me all over my face and I giggled. Unbeknownst to us, our Jack listened outside the door.

In the end I had relented into letting Jack go to the boarding school. Although I couldn’t bear to have him so far away from me, I also couldn’t stand to let him be bullied for the entirety of his school days either. To be honest we sat on the news for half the summer before we found the strength to tell him. Well more like before I found the strength really. He had been surprisingly unfazed by the news of moving to the new school. In fact, lately he seemed almost relieved. I tried to take that as confirmation that we were doing the right thing, but I had to admit there were still so many doubts in my heart. We spent everyday doing all the things that Jack could think of. I wanted all of us to be able to remember these times of happiness. I wanted Jack to know that we loved him more than anything in this world. I wanted him to know that he would be missed.

Unfortunately, those fun summer days came to an end far more quickly than I would have liked. But it was time for Jack to leave nonetheless. After a twelve hour flight and a two hour drive we found ourselves parked in front of the school. It was daunting. I pulled Jack close as we approached the building. He just stared at the school with open-mouthed wonder. Waiting for us near the front was a woman dressed in all dark clothing. Her hair was pulled back neatly in an updo, and she smiled when we reached her, “You must be the Skellington family. I’m Headmistress Maleficent, and I’ll be responsible for making sure Jack gets properly settled into the school. Now if you’ll follow me I’ll give you a tour of the grounds and show you where Jack will be staying. Welcome to Hogwarts**.” 

**Hogwarts is a fictional school of witchcraft and wizardy attended by Harry Potter in the renowned series written by J.K. Rowling.

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
Re: The Magical World: Chapter 65 – Different
« Reply #388 on: September 01, 2014, 12:44:59 AM »
Best. Four-way Crossover. Ever.

Also, are we ever going to find out what happened to Ravena's kid in the long run? Or was it just meant to be, "She started a family with Ayden and lived happily ever after" type wrap-ups?
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
Re: The Magical World: Chapter 65 – Different
« Reply #389 on: September 07, 2014, 07:48:02 PM »
Best. Four-way Crossover. Ever.

Also, are we ever going to find out what happened to Ravena's kid in the long run? Or was it just meant to be, "She started a family with Ayden and lived happily ever after" type wrap-ups?
Haha thank you.

Hm, I wasn't intending to do anything with her per se. I think I was just going for a happily ever after sort of thing since Ravenna had already been through quite a bit. But I could always get her daughter into a bit of trouble. She has a long lifespan ahead of her so i'll see lol.