Author Topic: The Magical World: Chapter 79 – The Queen, The Rabbit, and the Boys in Shadow  (Read 149173 times)

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: The Magical World: Chapter 55 – Promised
« Reply #345 on: July 11, 2014, 11:45:39 PM »
Oh dear Aladdin, you have to save Jasmine and her parents!  BTW Mel,  Jafar is deliciously evil!   ;)
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
Re: The Magical World: Chapter 55 – Promised
« Reply #346 on: July 14, 2014, 02:30:00 AM »
Jasmine looks great - I had though you could use that hairstyle for her ^_^
Nice chapter, as usual.
Thanks. Yeah I've been scoping that hair for her for a long time now lol.

Oh dear Aladdin, you have to save Jasmine and her parents!  BTW Mel,  Jafar is deliciously evil!   ;)
Haha he is on the outside. Surprisingly though if I don't force him to do mean interactions to anyone, he just sticks to lonely corners, reading books and whatnot. So his relationship with the household is pretty good. Jafar might be misunderstood...maybe lol.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
The Magical World: Chapter 56 – “I accept your challenge.”
« Reply #347 on: July 14, 2014, 02:46:25 AM »
Jafar

I hummed to myself as I made my way to my study. “Iago, come forth.” I said beckoning him from his tree. Turning my back to him, I set off to do research while I awaited his transformation. He stood, now a man, shaking out his limbs, “Why are you pursuing Jasmine? We hate her.” “It’s a contingency plan,” I announced without bothering to look up from my book, “Her family has power and connections, which I will take advantage of if we cannot get our hands on the lamp.” Closing the book with frustration I shot off dangerous eyes, “We still have yet to find the one, this diamond in the ruff, who can successfully make it through the Cave of Wonders. But we will. We will…”

Aladdin

Staring out at the setting sun I sighed heavily until my melancholy mood was disrupted by a little boy crashing into my window. He stood up and dusted himself announcing, “All that for a loaf of bread.” I shook my head and chuckled at my young friend, instantly reflecting on how I had recently come across the orphaned boy on my travels. We had become fast friends, because we both knew the pain of being alone. “Abu, I thought I told you to let me handle attaining the food.” He looked at me sheepishly, “What can I say? I couldn’t resist having a bit of fun.” Cocking his head to the side, he then gave me a curious look, “You don’t seem like your usual self. You’re all…dull.”

I scoffed, “Well gee thanks Abu. I don’t know. There’s just this stuff going on with Jasmine.” “Oh that girl. I thought you said you were coming back here to be with her.” “Well yeah I was.” “So what’s the problem? Be with her.” He bit a piece of the stolen bread, but after thinking for a bit, casually tossed some down to a pair of little kids on the street below.  I sighed again, plopping down on the couch while he sat on a nearby cushion, “It’s not the simple.” “Why not? You love her don’t you?” “Yeah,” I said standing up back up abruptly, “Yeah I do.”

Jasmine

There was a calamity going on downstairs. I rushed down only to find Aladdin at my home asking my parents for my hand in marriage. “Oh no…” I cried running over to them. “Aladdin what are you thinking?” He stared at me, “We belong together. You know that.” My mother tapped her chin thoughtfully, “Hm, I’m sorry son, but my daughter is already promised to someone else.” Jafar stalked into the room then, “Yes, Jasmine belongs to me. Now remove yourself from the premises streetrat!”

Aladdin

I saw Jasmine grind her teeth, the way she always did when she got angry, “I am no one’s property! Aladdin can stay if he pleases. I have to suffer you, why should you not do the same with him? After all this isn’t even your home.” Hearing her speech I realized something very important. Not only did she not love him, she absolutely loathed the man. I was suddenly filled with a renewal of determination. Turning to square off against Jafar, I poked at his chest, “I’m not leaving until she is engaged to me.” Jafar feigned a look of tormented indecision for a few moments, but then clapped his hands together as if finally collecting his thoughts.

“Very well then. I’m not above accepting a challenge. If you can bring forth a special lamp from the Cave of Wonders, then I will relinquish my claim to Jasmine. You will know the lamp when you see it, trust me. Do this, and you will have proven yourself the worthier choice.” Jasmine’s father added, “That sounds like a fair proposition.” It may be a trap, but this was my chance and I had to take it, “I accept your challenge.”

Jasmine

Aladdin left hastily after that, while I looked on with worry. “Shall we retire to our bedroom love?” My mom said to my father without a care in the world. Watching them go almost made me cry all over again. Was I doomed to lose everyone I cared about, because of the sneaky antics of Jafar. Speaking of the wretch, he stood watching me, and his demon bird Iago swooped in to perch on his shoulder. “Hm…Did I forget to tell Aladdin that he wasn’t to touch anything besides the lamp inside the cave for risk of total annihilation?” I gasped in horror, “Jafar, what have you done?!” He and his bird only laughed maniacally as he walked upstairs. Running outside, I hoped Aladdin hadn’t gotten too far, but of course I was too late. I clutched the necklace he had given me for strength, “Please be ok.”

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
Re: The Magical World: Chapter 56 – “I accept your challenge.”
« Reply #348 on: July 14, 2014, 11:05:27 PM »
Oh no! Alladin, what are you doing.? You are falling straightt into the evil Jafar trap. Can't wait for the next chapter.
P.S. So, where is Abu? Is he going to be included in the story? I am a total Alladin fan. I grow up reading and watching Alladin.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #349 on: July 16, 2014, 01:43:18 PM »
Oh no! Alladin, what are you doing.? You are falling straightt into the evil Jafar trap. Can't wait for the next chapter.
P.S. So, where is Abu? Is he going to be included in the story? I am a total Alladin fan. I grow up reading and watching Alladin.
I think Abu is meant to be the little kid that was introduced earlier.  :)

The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #350 on: July 17, 2014, 12:46:33 AM »
I like it that Abu and Iago are Sims not Pets.  That makes a lot more sense than talking sentient pets (and way much easier to play and write!).  ;)  Great update as always Mel.

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
« Reply #351 on: July 17, 2014, 10:12:11 PM »
I think Abu is meant to be the little kid that was introduced earlier.  :)
Thanks Gwendy.
Yeah I could not figure out how to get a little monkey in the game at all lol. So I figured rather than just cutting Abu out, I would just put him as a little kid.

I like it that Abu and Iago are Sims not Pets.  That makes a lot more sense than talking sentient pets (and way much easier to play and write!).  ;)  Great update as always Mel.
Yeah I spent a lot of time thinking about what I wanted to do with those characters as well as Rajah, Jasmine's tiger, who is also due to make an appearance, and I finally decided this would probably be the best plan of action. And thanks again for reading!!  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
The Magical World: Chapter 57 – Cave of Wonders
« Reply #352 on: July 17, 2014, 10:25:49 PM »
Ok as the title suggests Aladdin is going to be venturing into the Cave of Wonders. But i'll apologize now as the "treasure room" is not exactly filled with treasure lol. So just use your imagination to picture the giant mounds of stuff as golden coins. Ok onto the chapter:

Aladdin

As I made my way to the cave I started to notice unfamiliar shadows creeping along near me. Perhaps Jafar had sent a lackey to watch over my progress, over maybe even to hinder me. Yelling out into the darkness, I demanded that the pursuer come out, but discovered that it was only Abu. He explained that he wished to help me on my adventure. I had taken him on plenty of my adventures before, but something told me that this wasn’t exactly the sort of mission that a kid should be involved with. “I don’t know Abu… I really think you should sit this one out. Things might get pretty dangerous in there, and I just don’t want you to get hurt.” He waved me off, “Don’t worry about me. I’m not afraid. Besides you know you would keel over without me.”

Laughing the whole way, we made our way to the cave. I was astounded by the sheer magnitude of it, and the fierce dragon face on the front sent chills down my spine. As we moved closer to the entrance, the dragon’s eyes lit up and he began to speak, “Who dares enter here?” My jaw hit the floor, and I felt Abu tuck behind me, all pretend bravado shaken from his tiny frame. I cleared my throat, and surprisingly found that my mouth had run dry, “I am Aladdin. I wish to enter here.” The dragon just stared at me, and I so longed to disappear into the sand, but finally opened his mouth wide, revealing a door. Inside we traversed down a winding stair, followed by one dark corridor after another. Finally at the end of one we saw a bright light, exchanging a glance Abu and I raced toward it, discarding all normal safety precautions. It turned out we needn’t be worried after all. Once more I found my mouth agape as I beheld all the treasure before me. “Whoa! Look at all this. We could be rich Aladdin!” Abu exclaimed with glee. “Yeah…” I said with all sorts of thoughts churning in my head. If I had all this surely I could convince Jasmine’s parents that I was the best man for her, and that I could provide the best for her. I’d give her everything.

Abu

I stood looking at Aladdin. He was off in wonderland with stars in his eyes. I always knew those were the times when he was thinking about Jasmine. Chuckling to myself I looked around some more. If it was up to him, all this would be squandered away on love dreams and helping the poor. He was just that kind of guy. Out of the corner of my eye though, I began to see slivers of movement, but when I looked everything seemed normal. I could have sworn there was something there… I started to walk towards Aladdin, and then something tapped me on the head, “That’s it!” I shouted, “Come on out!”

Aladdin

Snapping me out of my thoughts was the sound of Abu shouting at the air. “Abu? Are you alright?” “There is something in here!” He cried in frustration. I looked him over with concern. I didn’t want to discount my friend’s claims, but there was nothing around, “Listen Abu, I really don’t see anything.” Just when he was about to argue back, the carpet that was lying next to his feet jumped up and tapped him on the head again. “Get off!” Abu screeched jumping back. “Well I’ll be. A magic carpet.” Abu waved his hand, “Get out of here!” The carpet slumped down as if it was sad, and then began to walk away. “Aw come on Abu. Hey come back buddy!” Excitedly, the carpet bounded back over towards us. “I was actually wondering if you knew where we could find a lamp?” Apparently happy to be of service, the carpet then flew off with us following closely behind.

Eventually the carpet lead us to a giant cavern. It was mostly filled with water, but in the middle was a pathway that led to a flight of stairs. At the top I could just make out a platform showcasing the lamp. I suddenly couldn’t tear my eyes from it, “Oh yeah. Now I see what he meant…” I turned to Abu and the carpet, “You two stay here, I’ll just go up and grab it.” With each step I took up the stairs, I felt an undeniable pull towards the lamp until at last I stood over it. It appeared to glow from within, and I couldn’t help but wonder what sort of mystical properties it withheld. Slowly, I held my breath, reached down, and grasped the lamp.

Suddenly the entire cavern shook. I heard the dragon’s voice shout in rage, “You were to touch nothing but the lamp!” I looked around in utter confusion, “When were those instructions given? Jafar must have left that out, but all I touched was the lamp…” That’s when it hit me that I wasn’t alone in here. Looking down, I saw Abu cowering with his hands criminally wrapped around a shiny gem. The magic carpet appeared to silently shriek at him in panic. “Abu!” Abu quickly placed the gem back into place, but it was too late. The entire cave began to crumble and fall apart. Running down the stairs, I met up with the others, and we tried to make our way out, but we quickly realized we weren’t going to make it. The carpet then made frantic motions for us to hop on, and soon it began to fly us out of the cave. Chunks of rock fell from all directions, and one clipped us, knocking the lamp from my hand. “The lamp!” I cried. But Abu reached out just in time and grabbed it, nearly falling from the carpet. I grabbed his ankles and pulled him back up. He clutched his heart, “Thanks, I owe you one.” “No I owe you.” But apparently we celebrated a little too soon, as another rock knocked us both from the carpet, and we plummeted into the depths of the darkness.

Abu kept kissing the ground, and I couldn’t help but laugh despite our pitiful situation, “You’re going to get sick you know.” “I can’t help it,” He said finally standing up and going over to hug the magic carpet, “This thing is a life saver.” It was true. Somehow it had managed to catch us before we hit the ground, but now we were all stuck down here underground. “All because of this stupid lamp…Hey there’s something written here guys, but I can’t quite make it out…” I rubbed the lamp to clear the inscription, but quickly pulled it away from my face when smoke began to ooze from it. Soon enough, another mysterious character had made an appearance.

The blue man begin to stretch out all his limbs in an exaggerated fashion and loudly exclaimed, “Whoo! Ten thousand years will give you such a crick in the neck.” Then spotting the magic carpet he floated over to it, “Yo, Rugman! Haven't seen you in a few millennia. Give me some tassel.” Finally shaking off my shock I asked him, “Who are you?” “I am the all-powerful Genie, at your service master.” He said with a slight bow. “What pray tell might your name be?” “Aladdin.” “Aladdin, can I call you Al?” He slung his arm around my shoulders, “So Al, what will your three wishes be?”

My head was still whirling, and I noticed Abu was just as confused as I was, “Wishes?” “Yep! You are my master now, so I’ll grant you three wishes.” “Wait, when did I become your master?” “When you rubbed the lamp. That’s how it works my friend.” He announced making a grand gesture. “So any three wishes I want?” “Well almost…there are a few provisos” I crossed my arms with amusement, “Such as?” “I can’t kill anyone, make anyone fall in love with anybody else, or bring people back from the dead.” He said while acting like a zombie on the last statement.

Thinking for a minute I began to walk over to Abu, “I don’t know Abu, what do you think? Provisos? Don’t those sound like limitations to you?" Abu always being quick on my schemes fell right into stride, “Yeah. Some all-powerful Genie. Can’t even bring people back from the dead? I bet he can’t even get us out of this cave! Looks like we will have to get outta here ourselves.” I looked at the magic carpet, “Come on let’s go.” Genie stomped his foot, causing the cave to shake, “Excuse me?” He scoffed, “Did you rub my lamp? Did you wake me up? Did you bring me here? And all of a sudden you’re walking out on me?! I don’t think so. You’re getting your wishes!” He snapped his fingers and the cave began to shake again. He shouted, “Now hold on!”

We landed near a shipwrecked area outside. I couldn’t believe we were actually out. If I was completely honest, before Genie showed up I was sure we were goners. Speaking of him, he was completely smug, “Thank you for choosing ‘Magic Carpet’ for all your travel needs. Well, how about that?” Abu and I exchanged a grin, “Yeah you sure showed me. Now about my three wishes?” Genie cupped his ears, “Dost mine ears deceive me? Three? You are down by one buddy!” “Actually I never wished to get out of the cave. You did that to prove a point.” His jaw literally hit the floor, “Oh…well don’t I feel foolish. Alright Al, you got me, but no more freebies.”

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: The Magical World: Chapter 57 – Cave of Wonders
« Reply #353 on: July 17, 2014, 11:40:07 PM »
The dialogue brought back so many memories, I didn't realise I knew all those lines till I was reading them... hearing Robin Williams voice.  ::)   Totally awesome settings though, and that's all your work.  Excellent, truly excellent!

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
Re: The Magical World: Chapter 57 – Cave of Wonders
« Reply #354 on: July 21, 2014, 04:14:08 AM »
The dialogue brought back so many memories, I didn't realise I knew all those lines till I was reading them... hearing Robin Williams voice.  ::)   Totally awesome settings though, and that's all your work.  Excellent, truly excellent!
Haha yeah. I had to put them in.
And thanks, I'm not a great builder so it took me some time to get what I wanted.

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
The Magical World: Chapter 58 – New World
« Reply #355 on: July 21, 2014, 04:34:08 AM »
Aladdin

“So Genie, what would you wish for?” He looked like the question caught him completely off guard, “Me? Well that’s… No I couldn’t say.” “Oh come on tell me.” “Well…freedom.” I scratched my head, “You’re a prisoner?” “This whole genie gig has its pros and cons, phenomenal cosmic powers, but itty bitty living space. But oh, to be free. Not that it will ever happen. Let’s get real here, who is going to waste one of their three wishes on me?” I thought for a moment and then made up mind, “I’ll wish you free. After I get Jasmine, I’ll use my last wish to free you.” His eyes grew wide, and he quickly scooped me up into a big hug, “You’re an alright guy Al, you know that? Alright, what will that first wish be?”

Thinking back to that treasure room in the Cave of Wonders I peered up at him, “Could you make me rich?” He brushed pretend sand off his shoulders and said with a smug face, “You talking to me? That’s child’s play, but I need to hear the magic words.” I laughed and Abu gave me a nod of encouragement, “I wish to be super rich Genie.” He changed into a butler outfit and began circling me, “Hm, let’s see… One rich guy coming up.” I looked over my makeover with approval, “This is awesome.” “I don’t know. I think you might be missing something.” “Like what?” He turned his eyes on Abu and smiled, “A good little page boy. It’s just temporary of course.” I laughed again watching Abu tug at the unfamiliar, fancy clothes, “Let’s do this guys.”

I found winning over Jasmine’s parents to be a lot more simple than I expected. Then again, without Jafar around to get into their heads, I suspected they were actually very sensible people. I did my best to put the charm on in order to win over her mother, and as for her dad, he was quickly won over by the carpet. “Could I possibly take a ride on that Mr. Ababwa?” “Please call me Al, and of course. Step aboard the ‘Magic Carpet’ express.” His wife and I watched as he swooped around on the carpet. She changed back and forth between clapping her hands together with excitement and holding her heart with slight concern. Just as I was assuring her it was quite safe, Jafar burst into the room calling me a liar.

He thrust an accusatory finger into my face, “That rug is dangerous, and why should we be inclined to believe anything you say? You didn’t even produce the lamp that was asked of you, streetrat.” His vile bird squawked angrily at me as if to punctuate his words. In response I stepped back from his invasion of my personal space and phoned Abu, who had been playing outside. He then produced a chest of lamps and placed them at Jafar’s feet. I gave Jafar a smug smile, “First, it’s Mr. Ababwa to you. Second, knock yourself out with as many lamps as you like, but more importantly I think I’ll go out with Jasmine now if you’ll excuse me.”

Abu told me he had spotted Jasmine outside, so I went around to the fountain to go see her. I was immediately greeted by a put out cat, who hissed and swiped his little paws at me. I put my hands up in mock resignation, “Hey little guy. I don’t mean any harm.” Jasmine came and scooped him up, “Rajah, this is Aladdin. He is a friend.” “I didn’t know you had a cat,” I said reaching out to pet him, but he took a bite towards my fingers causing Jasmine and I to laugh. “A lot has changed since you’ve been away.” “I’m starting to realize that.” She looked me over, “Where did you get the fancy clothes?” I wanted to tell her about Genie, but if her parents found out where I had gotten my riches from then I was sure they wouldn’t approve of me anymore, “Well I came across a lot of amazing treasure in the cave. Hey, I even got your parents to come around and accept me over Jafar.” “Really? What about that lamp thing?” I shrugged my shoulders, “Ah, I gave Jafar all the lamps he could want. Don’t worry about it, just come and take a ride with me.” 

Jasmine

“What is that?!” I exclaimed as the carpet floated in the air around us. “It’s a magic carpet.” Aladdin announced proudly. “We met in the Cave of Wonders. Come on, hop on up.” “I don’t know… Are you sure it’s safe?” He laughed heartily and I marveled at how relieved I felt to hear it. After he left for the cave I had worried I would never see him again, and even if I did, that he would never be the same. He just looked at me with amusement, “Since when were you this cautious? Come with me and I’ll show you sights like you’ve never seen, a whole new world out there waiting for you.” Trusting him like always I got on the carpet and we flew off over Agrabah. It was a completely different view then being on the ground. Everything that used to seem so big was small, and yet I felt tiny as I looked at the immense world before me. We danced through the clouds, laughed with the birds, and skirted over the waters. I scooted as close to the edge as I could bring myself to, and peered down at the fish. Then we simply sat in silence and watched as the sun set behind the pyramids, and the lights of the night set the city of Agrabah aglow.

Jafar

Iago and I threw down the last of the now apparent fake lamps. “We’ve rubbed every one of these stupid lamps and nothing, absolutely nothing!” He cried out in frustration. I looked up from the lamps with a menacing look and said in a low voice, “It appears that we have been duped.” Iago started toward the stair, grumbling something about showing that little punk a thing or two. He had always been hot-headed, but I stopped him this time, “Not just yet Iago. I have much more terminal plans in store for Mr. Abubu."

We watched as the young couple returned from a night ride on that blasted rug. It phased me little as they kissed, but Iago beside me made a gagging noise at the sight. Then he proceeded to mock Jasmine’s voice to a perfect tone while the twosome said goodnight. This made me laugh, and I tucked that skill of his away in my mind in case it came of use. We followed Aladdin back to his home in the marketplace, and choice that moment to act. Quietly and efficiently we knocked him out, and carried him out into the night. By the time he awoke in the underground cells the next morning, it would already be too late to have Jasmine or save his own life.

That morning I admit I took great pleasure in relaying to Jasmine and her parents that Aladdin was tragically killed the night before, “Thieves…” I grieved with a feeble attempt at compassion, “They came after all the riches the young man had recently come into. It is indeed a tragic tale, but I’m afraid it does happen to many.” Jasmine ran off to her room, sick with grief and unable to hear anymore. This gave me just the opportunity I needed, “I feel as if, in light of everything that has happened, it is more important than ever that we no longer delay with my wedding to Jasmine. I am quite sure that married life will lift her spirits.” Ariel looked uncertain, “I don’t know…I feel like she might need some time.” Glaring, I then insisted with the help of mind control, helping them to quickly agree to a marriage today. I found Iago outside, “Do as we discussed with the streetrat.” “With pleasure.”

Jasmine

I held Rajah close as grief overwhelmed me. “Oh Rajah, It’s all my fault. It has to be…I never should have said anything or let him get involved. No…it was before all that. I never should have come downstairs that day, but I just couldn’t stay away. I missed him so much, and now look what’s happened. He’d be better off if he’d never met me. He’d still be alive…” Momentarily startling me, my mother swooped in with a pile of wedding dresses, “Get up honey and wash your face. Your wedding is this evening. Isn’t that exciting?” I stood in complete confusion, trying to process everything that was happening, “Wait…my wedding? Do you mean to Jafar?!” She finished arranging the dresses and went to pull out jewelry, “Of course.” Seeing the familiar glint of red in her eyes, I began to feel cold, as I knew this was really happening now and there was nothing I could do about it. I stared blankly into the mirror, thinking of how it was possible that only last night I lived in a world of fantasy, and yet this morning had brought me to the world of Hades. All the while my mother hummed softly while getting me ready.

Looking out at all the collected guests, I groaned inwardly at the inappropriate smiles on their faces as I stood here facing certain doom. Jafar exchanged a nod with a strange man I didn’t recognize, and then gave me a wicked smile of triumph. It must have been something between the that horrible smile of his, the creepy man who bore a strange resemblance to Iago, or seeing that awful, red glint in my parent’s eyes again, but I finally snapped. Picking up my dress, I tore off in a dead sprint. Yes I cared about what happened to my parents, but I would have to save them another way. I didn’t know exactly where I would go right then, but I knew I could not marry him.

A few hours ago…

Aladdin

This is Iago, who I know now can be transformed from a bird into a man, throwing me into the ocean. I know what you are thinking, the situation seems pretty bleak right? Well…yeah. I quickly found out as much as I work out, those restraints weren’t budging at all, and I was sinking like a rock. Thankfully all my moving about, knocked Genie’s lamp out of my hat. However, I couldn’t reach it before I ended up passing out from the effort. Just as I was about to hit bottom though, my hand grazed the lamp, and Genie appeared, “What’s up Al? I’m a little busy--, Al! Wake up kid! Oh come on, you can’t cheat on this one. I can’t help you unless you make a wish.” Of course in my current state I was never going to make a verbal response, but as I sank more my head began to droop. Genie nodded, “I’ll go ahead and take that as a save my life wish consent.” Genie pulled me safely ashore, and I began to choke up water. “Thanks Genie. These people are a lot more dangerous than I thought.” He patted me on the back, “Oh, Al. I’m getting kid of fond of you, kid. Not that I wanna pick out curtains or anything.”

We both laughed and made our way back to my place. When we arrived I was surprised to find Jasmine in a wedding dress, who immediately jumped into my arms crying. I wiped a tear away, “Hey what’s wrong?” We sat down and she told me everything that had happened since last night, and that after running away from her wedding she just came here because she wanted to come somewhere familiar. I held her close, “Stay here tonight. We don’t need to run from Jafar anymore. We’ll face him first thing tomorrow, together.”

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: The Magical World: Chapter 58 – New World
« Reply #356 on: July 21, 2014, 04:41:59 PM »
Oh and tomorrow will bring a whole new world of... heartache or happiness?  Even though I know the story, I love how you've reinterpreted it for the Sims.  Mel, you did a terrific job on the venues you've made.

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
Re: The Magical World: Chapter 58 – New World
« Reply #357 on: July 24, 2014, 04:06:23 AM »
Oh and tomorrow will bring a whole new world of... heartache or happiness?  Even though I know the story, I love how you've reinterpreted it for the Sims.  Mel, you did a terrific job on the venues you've made.
Thanks lol. Although I can't take credit for that Bohemian Garden.
Aladdin is a really good story, and I actually had a harder time...revamping, I guess you could say, with this story than with the previous ones. But with the next heir I'm going totally out there. Partly because I have to, but mostly because I think it'll be fun.

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
The Magical World: Chapter 59 – What I Have To Do
« Reply #358 on: July 24, 2014, 04:43:40 AM »
Jasmine

“You lied to me and my parents, and worse tried to have Aladdin killed! You’ve gone too far this time Jafar.” My mother gasped, “Is this true?” Jafar backed away uneasily from the suspicious looks my parents threw his way, but I began to panic as I saw him slip his wand from out of his tunic. But just as he started his mind control spell, the magic carpet jumped in front of my parents’ face, blocking them from the spell. Aladdin snatched Jafar’s wand, and snapped it in two, “That’s the last time you get inside their heads!” My dad looked confused, “What do you mean inside our heads?” I grabbed his hands, “He has been using mind control on you for years. Don’t you see? That’s why you tried to force me to marry him yesterday.”

It was as if a haze had finally been lifted from them, and all that was left was animosity. Before I even realized what happened, my dad had jumped on top of Jafar, and began beating him to a pulp. I was never a big fan of violence, but I couldn’t help but be inwardly pleased. “Leave my home, and don’t ever return.” My father said standing over Jafar. After he finally sulked away, my parents collected me in a hug. “I can’t tell you how sorry we are for letting you go through this alone.” After they released me I grabbed onto Aladdin’s arm, “Well I wasn’t completely alone.” My father shook hands with Aladdin, “I do remember you asking for Jasmine’s hand in marriage, and as long as she wishes it, you wholeheartedly have my permission.”

Aladdin

“What’s with the long face? You’re marrying Jasmine, and you got rid of Jafar. I thought you got everything you wanted.” I threw my hands up, “Because of you. The only reason anyone thinks I’m worth anything is because of you.” “Do you really think money is all Jasmine cares about?” “Of course not, but if her folks find out I’m not the guy they think I am, then I’ll lose her. Genie, I can’t keep this up on my own. I’m sorry but I can’t wish you free.” He stepped back and the look on his face made me hate myself, “Fine. I understand. After all, you’ve lied to everyone else, I wouldn’t want to be left out. Excuse me, master.” With a curt nod he disappeared into his lamp. “Genie!” I called after him, but I knew he wouldn’t listen to me anymore. “Aladdin, can I talk to you for a moment?” Jasmine called from outside, and after glancing back at the lamp once more, I went to see what she wanted.

Jafar

This wretch had foiled all my plans thus far. I had come here in hopes of finding another opportunity to get rid of him, but found something much more useful. To my delight, I discovered that he had indeed got his grubby little hands on the lamp after all. There he stood conversing with the Genie of myth himself. I nodded over to Iago after Genie slipped back into his lamp, “Do it.” Clearing his throat Iago called out, “Aladdin, can I talk to you for a moment?” Just as the streetrat exited his dwelling, Iago flew in and swiped the lamp. We walked off, lamp in hand, with the bumbling fool none the wiser.

Behind the marketplace I released the Genie with greedy anticipation. “You know, Al, I’m really not…I don’t think you’re him.” “I am you’re master now.” “I was afraid of that.” “Genie, grant me my first wish. I wish to rule on high as the supreme ruler of Agrabah!” He sighed, “As you wish.” I walked into the marketplace and all who saw me bowed in my presence. I nodded with approval until I spotted the troublesome couple arrive from opposite ends of the market. Aladdin ran up to Genie, “What’s going on?” “I’m sorry I can’t help you Al. I belong to him now.” “You’re still just a man Jafar, and I’ll stop you.” Gaining an idea, I turned to Genie, “I wish to be the most powerful sorcerer in the world.” With power flowing through me I glared at Aladdin, “You are less than a man, just a common thief. A streetrat. Dearest Jasmine, see your lover for who he truly is. His fortune is a lie, and I think it’s time for you three to be removed from my sight.”

Aladdin

Helplessly I watched as Jafar launched Abu, the carpet, and I away from the marketplace. We crash landed in the far outskirts of Agrabah, up so high that the usual sandy climate turned to snow. By the time I was able to stand and locate Abu, his lips were already turning a slight shade of blue, and he was coated in a thin layer of frost. I wrapped my arms around him in a desperate attempt to raise his body temp, while scanning for the carpet. I finally spotted it trying to dislodge itself from under a giant lump of snow. I went to give it a hand, and being careful to try and keep Abu warm we flew back to the heart of Agrabah. I could only mutter to myself, “I should have freed Genie when I had the chance.”

Jasmine

This was humiliating… Being dressed in this outfit, forced to feed treats to Jafar and Iago. I exchanged a brief look with Genie, and he appeared as despondent as I was. Looking to the sky, I sighed heavily wondering what could have happened to them. That’s when I saw it. It was only for a second, but I knew it was them. Sure enough, Aladdin began to slowly make his way towards us, and stopped to exchange a few quiet words with Genie. After their conversation he set his sights on the lamp, and then I knew what his plan was. If he could just get the lamp away from Jafar, he could stand a good chance. I had to help somehow…

Sauntering over to Jafar I started in a sultry voice, “I never realized how handsome you are.” Out of the corner of my eye I saw Aladdin freeze for a moment in shock, but thankfully Genie urged him on. Jafar curled his lips into a stomach churning smile, “That’s more like it. You’re previous defiance is unbecoming of you.” I reached out and touched his arm, which immediately made my skin crawl, “I was young and impulsive, but I’m starting to recognize true greatness and power.” Aladdin accidentally knocked over a vase. He caught it before it hit the ground, but all the commotion made some noise. Jafar began to turn his head in that direction, but before he could turn around fully, I took hold and kissed him.

Aladdin

It made my blood boil a little to see her kiss him, but I knew it was so I could reach the lamp. And I would have…if it hadn’t been for Iago. “Streetrat!” He shouted and came for me. I tossed him backwards, and Genie knocked him out. “Nice one!” I called to him. But Jasmine was in trouble. He had already snatched up the lamp. “I’ve had enough of your trickery!” Just then Rajah ran up and bit Jafar on the hand. In rage, Jafar tossed Rajah at Jasmine and locked them both inside a coffin. “Jasmine!” “You should be worried about yourself!” Jafar shouted as he began to toss fireballs at me.

The carpet and Abu, now recovered, made a run for the lamp, but Jafar turned the carpet into a ball of yarn and Abu into a monkey toy. “Nooo!” I shouted. He let out a maniacal laugh, “You little fool. You thought you could defeat the most powerful being in the world. Without the Genie, boy, you’re nothing.” I fell to the ground, the smoke starting to make it hard to breathe, “The Genie has more power than you’ll ever have. He gave you your power. He can take it away.” “Al, what are you doing? Why are you bringing me into this?” Genie asked incredulously. I carried on ignoring him, “Face it Jafar. You’re still just second best.” Jafar looked taken aback, “You’re right. His power does exceed my own…but not for long. I wish to be an all-powerful genie!”

I cracked a smile as he took the bait, and made his transformation. He turned and began to revel at himself, “I can feel the power! All the world shall be mine!” Grabbing the black lamp that he hadn’t noticed had appeared, I laughed triumphantly, “Not so fast Jafar. You wanted to be a genie, now you have to accept all that comes with it.” “What?!” He looked astounded as for the first time he noticed his binding to the lamp. “Phenomenal cosmic powers, itty bitty living space.” I said as he was sucked into the lamp, grabbing Iago on the way. “Good riddance of them both.” When they disappeared Abu and the magic carpet turned back to normal, and Jasmine and Rajah were released from the coffin. Genie grabbed the lamp, wound up his arm, and threw the lamp, “Allow me. Ten thousand years in the Cave of Wonders outta chill him out.”

I grasped Jasmine’s face in my hands, “Are you alright.” She nodded softly, “Don't worry I’m fine. He’s really gone this time isn't he?” "Yeah, he is." Abu came over then with the lamp, “I believe you have one more wish to make.” Holding the lamp in my hands I knew what I had to do. It was what I should have done all along, “Genie, I wish for your freedom.” He just looked from me to Jasmine, “What?” I held the lamp out to him, “Genie, you’re free.” He took the lamp from me cautiously, and then slowly let it fall to the ground where it burst into sand. “I’m free…I’M FREE! Quick, wish for something outrageous. Say, I want the Nile.” “Uh, I wish for the Nile.” He spun around and laughed, “No way! Oh, does that feel good.” We all began to laugh along with him.

Jasmine

I could hear Dalia singing in her cage before fully waking up. Smiling, I slowly opened my eyes and looked at Aladdin sleeping beside me. It had been two months since we finally got married, but it still made me giddy thinking about it. Doing my best not to disturb him, I removed his arm from around me, and made my way downstairs for some breakfast. The sweet smell of plum pancakes hit me before I even reached the bottom of the stairs. It reminded me that Sebastian was finally back from Isla Paradiso. I missed him a lot, but I admit I missed his cooking even more.

Content from my meal, I remembered that I was waiting for a package to arrive. My aunt Trinity had just moved to Starlight Shores, and although she wasn’t much into fashion, she swore she would send some amazing dresses my way. But when I checked the mail I was disappointed when I didn’t see a package waiting for me. “It has only been two days since she sent it.” I chided myself. I did find a letter for Aladdin though, “Roaring Heights?” Who did he know in Roaring Heights? There wasn’t even a name on it, perhaps it was inside. Suddenly I found myself extremely curious, but I was not about to be ‘that’ sort of wife who went through his mail.

So I went about my day like normal, painting and impatiently waiting for him to notice the letter. I know he saw the letter, because I not-so-casually placed it next to his beside, and I know he read the letter because I definitely not-so-casually took extra time feeding Dalia while he read it. But he still hadn’t said a word about it, and it had already been hours. I was beside myself with intrigue! Finally at my wits end I decided to just come out and ask him about it when he returned from fishing with Abu. But he surprised me by beating me to the punch, “Hey do you have a minute?” “Of course.”

He bit his lip and nervously twiddled his fingers for a while before speaking, “So I’m sure you know I got a letter this morning.” I nodded vigorously, urging him to go on. “Well, it was from my…brother.” The motors in my head immediately started churning. He had mentioned his parents before, but never any siblings, “Wait, your brother? Has he been in Roaring Heights all this time?” “That’s the thing, I have no idea. I didn’t even know I had a brother until I read the letter to be honest. When I think about it, my dad took off on my mom right from the start. So it’s entirely plausible that he had a whole other family somewhere else.” I shook my head, “That’s crazy. So what did your brother say? How did he even know about you?” “As for the last question, he didn’t say. All it really said was who he was, a bit about our father recently passing, and that leaving him a rough spot. You know, handling all the funeral costs by himself, when he is already barely getting by. He asked if maybe I could find it in my heart to come and help out.”

“What do you want to do? Whatever you choose, you know I’m with you.” He smiled slightly, “I’m not sure. I don’t really know anything about him, and I’ve definitely always hated my dad. But at the same time it would be nice to go somewhere new. I get antsy if I stay in one place too long.” I ruffled his hair and laughed, “This is true.” “Also…I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t at least a little bit curious about meeting him.” “I think you owe it to yourself to at least check it out.” He kissed my hand and got up from the couch, “Alright it’s settled then.” A thought suddenly crossed my mind, “Hey, I forgot to ask. What was your brother’s name?” “Scar.” 

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: The Magical World: Chapter 59 – What I Have To Do
« Reply #359 on: July 24, 2014, 08:56:49 AM »
Oh yeah!  Totally awesome chapter.  But... bring on Simba!  Now that is going to be an interesting scenario.  But if anyone can do it, my money is on you Mel.   ;)

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake