Author Topic: The Magical World: Chapter 79 – The Queen, The Rabbit, and the Boys in Shadow  (Read 149123 times)

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: The Magical World: Chapter 50 – Three Days (Part 2)
« Reply #300 on: May 21, 2014, 07:12:24 AM »
Oh Mel this update was just beautiful.  Yet I feel sad for Ariel and Eric because true love never runs smooth in this forum.  I hope they really enjoyed their moment because between Trinity and you, they have a tough road ahead.  ;)
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline kaseofhearts

• Immortal
« Reply #301 on: May 22, 2014, 11:37:33 PM »
Really interesting! Too bad they're both too shy to just KISS ALREADY. God, how many things could be solved by just going for it? Too many.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
« Reply #302 on: May 23, 2014, 12:53:40 AM »
Oh Mel this update was just beautiful.  Yet I feel sad for Ariel and Eric because true love never runs smooth in this forum.  I hope they really enjoyed their moment because between Trinity and you, they have a tough road ahead.  ;)
Thank you.  :D But you are correct. In fact, the chapter I'm about to post now brings about the end of the spell, and we all know that can't end well.  ;)

Really interesting! Too bad they're both too shy to just KISS ALREADY. God, how many things could be solved by just going for it? Too many.
Haha that could solve a lot, but they can't have it that easy.

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
The Magical World: Chapter 50 – Three Days (Part 3)
« Reply #303 on: May 23, 2014, 01:15:35 AM »
Sebastian

I looked on at the foursome in awe. Their magic was coming along wonderfully. I knew it wouldn’t be long before they became extremely powerful. With Kamaria’s instructions I had been guiding their development. The only thing to give me pause was the twins. Speaking of which, “Stop!” I suddenly said to them as I felt her approach.

Trinity

Ariel… That girl was better than I thought. At the rate things were going between her and Eric, they would experience true love’s kiss any moment now. I see that I’m going to have to take matters into my own hands if I want everything to go as planned. “It’s the last day of the spell, why I don’t I make sure Ariel is well rested.” I said with a wicked smile. But what is this feeling…? …This power? I slowly got up from my crystal ball in search of the magic. My search led me down to the basement where I found Sebastian and the quads. He looked up at me, “Did you come to join our tutoring session?” I looked around the room curiously, but could no longer feel any trace of magic besides that which normally radiated off of Sebastian. That must have been what I felt, but I could have sworn it was different, “No… I was looking for something. Sorry.” He smiled and I retreated back upstairs. I did not hear Rey say after I had left, “Whew… That was close.”

Day Three

Ariel

Stretching as I awoke, I couldn’t help but feel like I had been sleep for a long time, because my body was so stiff. I was surprised to see the sun shining so brightly, but I didn’t think anything of it until I looked over at the clock and saw that it was already noon. “NOON?!” I cried with a start as I jumped out of bed. This was my last day with Eric before the spell ended, how did I possibly sleep this long? Rushing to get ready, I threw on some clothes and groaned when I saw that Eric had already called twice. We were supposed to meet for breakfast this morning. He would think I stood him up! A phone call, a drive, and a million apologies later Eric and I sat together at the beach. “I really don’t know what got into me,” I said again. He laughed, “Honestly, it’s ok. We stayed out late so it’s completely understandable.” He ran his fingers through his hair, “I’m just glad you didn’t actually think the date was bad, and was just blowing me off.” “No! No! Of course not. I really enjoyed yesterday. Besides I wouldn’t do anything like that.” “Yeah that’s true. You’re really sweet.”

Feeling nervous I decided to switch the topic, “So tell me about your studies in archaeology. It may not have been your field of choice, but it certainly is a fascinating subject.” He perked up, “Oh definitely. I think it’s amazing how much you can learn just by studying the remains of a civilization or even just a being, but you know that got me to thinking about Egypt. It’s definitely one of the biggest places you think of when talking about a richness of culture to study. Of course I want to sail around the world, but if I were to settle in a place it would have to be there.” “Oh that sounds wonderful.” His smile was brilliant, “You should sail with me. But for now, have you ever been in a rowboat? There’s this place I want to show you. What do you say?” He stood and extended his hand down to me.

The body of water we boated through was small and enclosed in giant rocks. Beautiful tropical plants populated the area nearby, and a waterfall cascaded down. The wind was warm as it blew through my hair, but for how wonderful all this was I could only see Eric. We sat in silence and stared in each other’s eyes for what seemed like an eternity. I wished I could get lost in those eyes, as blue as the sea, for the rest of my life. Slowly, he leaned forward to me, heart racing I closed my eyes and leaned forward as well. But instead of his lips on mine, I felt a gust of wind whip across my face. I jumped back and opened my eyes in a start, noticing that Eric had done the same. Looking in the direction the wind had went past, I saw a small knife embedded deeply into a tree. “Sorry!” I heard someone call.

Searching for the voice I saw Trinity standing off in the distance, and wondered what she was doing all the way out here. “I didn’t hit either of you did I?” She asked in a worried voice. “No I believe we are alright.” Eric called back. “Awesome. Later!” She shouted over her shoulder as she ran off. Eric turned back to me chuckling, “Well that was crazy, huh?” “Yeah. I’m sorry about that. She likes to hunt.” “No it’s cool.” But it wasn’t ‘cool’. We ended up leaving before I experienced true love’s kiss. Thankfully we agreed to meet up for an early dinner. It was the only chance I had left. However, after waiting at the bistro until well after sunset…I realized he wasn’t going to show.

I slumped back home feeling horribly rejected and defeated. Had he actually not forgiven me for this morning? Or had the thing with Trinity this afternoon freaked him out? Trinity…the spell… Maybe there was an exception. Maybe she could find a way. She was my sister after all, and she wouldn’t actually let me be banished would she? I rushed up to her room, but when I opened her door my heart broke. Eric was sprawled, shirtless, on Trinity’s bed, while she stood painting him. She looked up when I entered, “Ah, sister, come to see my pet one last time.”

“What is this?” I snarled. “This is me giving you everything you deserve. Which is nothing but pain and suffering.” I shook my head fighting back tears, “I don’t understand. What could I have possibly done? Is this about me leaving you alone when you discovered your powers? I mean we are sisters!” “Wrong!” She shouted “Oh so wrong. We are not sisters. You are just something from father’s past that he should left behind with his other regrets. You are not apart of this family. YOU ARE NOTHING!” She threw her hands up, “And yet you stole father away from me. His real daughter! He cast me to the side, again and again, for the sake of you! If that’s not a joke then tell me one please!”

She pointed outside, “You know what I see? Justice. Your time is up princess, and you are never coming back.” I didn’t bother to try to stop the tears now as a smile of pure bliss grew on her face, and I knew there was no way I could reach her heart. That’s when I felt the pull, something tugging me towards the sea. She suddenly called out, “Oh before you go, you might want to take one last look at him. He is very handsome. Should I make him my lover since you won’t be around? I mean you wouldn’t want him to be lonely.” The last sound I heard was her wretched laughter as I was pulled in a blur to the water, my tail forming once again during the motion. The ocean had reached out and yanked me into its depths. And as I sank into the abyss, crying tears that merged with the cold water, I couldn’t help but think that before I couldn’t decide which world I belonged in, and now it looked like the world had decided for me.

Offline notjustabook

• Townie
  • I'm Louise but you can just call me Louise
Re: The Magical World: Chapter 50 – Three Days (Part 3)
« Reply #304 on: May 23, 2014, 01:40:13 AM »
So, I haven't read through all of your legacy but I just had to comment after the first generation because I got sort of excited... I sort of squeed because you based the Cinderella story on my favourite one. The Rodger's and Hammerstein musical (and I'm assuming it's based on the 1997 movie with Brandy? :D) Fantastic! :D Also, I think I spotted a Pride and Prejudice quote in there. Even more win. I'm definitely reading more ;)

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
« Reply #305 on: May 23, 2014, 02:51:32 AM »
So, I haven't read through all of your legacy but I just had to comment after the first generation because I got sort of excited... I sort of squeed because you based the Cinderella story on my favourite one. The Rodger's and Hammerstein musical (and I'm assuming it's based on the 1997 movie with Brandy? :D) Fantastic! :D Also, I think I spotted a Pride and Prejudice quote in there. Even more win. I'm definitely reading more ;)
Welcome. I'm glad that you are enjoying it so far, and yes that was one of my biggest influences. Not to mention Pride & Prejudice is one of my all time favorite books. I hope you enjoy the rest!  :)

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #306 on: May 23, 2014, 03:04:17 AM »
Oh Trinity what have you done!  Tread carefully because you may end up reaping what you sow!  Terrific update Mel.  ;D

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline notjustabook

• Townie
  • I'm Louise but you can just call me Louise
« Reply #307 on: May 23, 2014, 07:06:40 AM »
Yes, so, not that I don't have a life or anything *cough cough* but I just finished reading and wanted to comment some more.
I absolutely love your twists on the stories - my favourite has to be Ravenna being Red and wolf all rolled into one. That is a seriously clever twist *tips my hat*
So yes, I enjoyed that greatly. Now you need to update - you can't leave me with that cruel, cruel cliffhanger.

Danielle Haydis

« Reply #308 on: May 23, 2014, 09:46:01 AM »
Just a random question, what generation is Ariel if you count Cinderella as Generation 1?

Offline kaseofhearts

• Immortal
« Reply #309 on: May 23, 2014, 02:08:05 PM »
Yes, so, not that I don't have a life or anything *cough cough* but I just finished reading and wanted to comment some more.
I absolutely love your twists on the stories - my favourite has to be Ravenna being Red and wolf all rolled into one. That is a seriously clever twist *tips my hat*
So yes, I enjoyed that greatly. Now you need to update - you can't leave me with that cruel, cruel cliffhanger.

The Ravenna thing was my absolute favorite too. And I liked that she killed the 3 pigs, too.

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
« Reply #310 on: May 26, 2014, 02:52:50 AM »
Oh Trinity what have you done!  Tread carefully because you may end up reaping what you sow!  Terrific update Mel.  ;D
Thanks! But yeah she is definitely aiming to land herself in a heap of trouble, but is desperate to take a couple of others along for the ride.

Oh wow! That's awesome lol.
I can't take too much credit for that one though haha, it was inspired by the Red character from the show Once Upon a Time. So I have to thank that show for helping make Ravenna awesome.
And my apologies. I will be updating shortly.  ;)

Just a random question, what generation is Ariel if you count Cinderella as Generation 1?
Ariel is Gen 5.
Cinderella -> Mulan -> Andy -> Snow -> Ariel -> (5 more to go!)

The Ravenna thing was my absolute favorite too. And I liked that she killed the 3 pigs, too.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. I was worried it would be a bit gruesome.

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
The Magical World: Chapter 51 – My Other Half
« Reply #311 on: May 26, 2014, 03:09:47 AM »
Trinity

The next week was a flurry of desperate searches until late at night, and frantic phone calls to practically everyone in and out of town. The quads spoke in hushed tones to each other all the time. Meanwhile, Tristian kept a smile plastered on his face trying to be a beacon of moral support for everyone, but I knew him well enough to know that he was dying inside. Ariel was his idol, and he was simply lost without her. But father was a whole other case entirely. Placing his head in his hands, he looked completely defeated, “I don’t know what we could have possibly missed! I feared something like this would happen. I never wanted our family to suffer such a fate. Now look at what has happened!”

My mother threw her arms around his shoulders, “Honey please! You must continue to have hope. She is incredibly smart and resourceful. Not to mention she has your strength. She will be just fine, I’m sure.” Turning to Sebastian she inquired looking hopeful, “Did you call them?” “I did, but it appears that wherever Ariel is even those… ‘tactics’ are void.” He said casting a glance at the quads. In response they looked down at the table with sad faces. Oblivious of the interaction, mother’s shoulders just slumped in response to the news, “Oh I see…” “But they did say that they will be arriving here shortly, to see if anything else can be done to recover her.” She perked up and smiled, “That will be very helpful.” Who were they talking about?! We didn’t need more people to come here. No, what we needed is for everyone to just move on and forget about Ariel. When I saw father sulking off to his study, I took the opportunity to plant some dark seeds.

“Father?” He looked at me with weary eyes, “Yes Trinity?” “I feel it is incumbent upon me to relay something that we may have overlooked,” at my words, a look of hope for her brightened his face that sickened me, and I instantly sought to crush it, “The fact is, Ariel is an adventurous girl. Is it not possible that she is simply off living her dream of exploring the world?” A mask of tormented confusion then clouded his features and he turned his back to me. Believing my work done, I smiled and moved to retreat from the room. Calling over my shoulder, “I’ll leave you to your thoughts father.” But just as I was about to reach for the door handle, his voice washed over me like ice water, “No…she wouldn’t do that.”

I had to make him believe it. “But father, were you not against her dangerous explorations. She probably felt the only way she’d have a chance at being free is if she ran away.” He shook his head fiercely, “Not like this. She would never leave her family to worry like this. Besides it was only at first that I stood against her, but now even though I am fearful, she knows I would never stand in the way of her dreams.” When did they reconcile over that?! He finally looked at me with hard eyes, “I’m sure something happened to her, and I won’t rest until my little girl is safe.” Before I could think of a retort, he had already stalked out of the room. Rage filling me, I broke a window before I could stop myself. I had to get out of here.

Ariel

The past week had been the longest of my entire life. Despite countless attempts to make contact with anyone, it appeared I truly was banished. Everytime I tried to go on land I was yanked right back into the ocean. If ever I saw a diver or passing boat, there was like magical barrier blocking me from interacting with them. It was impossible. So I often just drifted, letting the ocean take me, but being a glutton for punishment I swam back home every night. This night I passed by a familiar island, it reminded me of when I saved Eric. Of course thinking of him just made my heart ache, but the song welled up once more:

I don't know when
I don't know how
But I know something's starting right now
Watch and you'll see
Someday I'll be
Part of your world

I could hardly get the last words out as I began sobbing uncontrollably.

Eric

“And to think it’s already been a week and they are still going on and on about poor Ariel! If I could get my hands around her neck, I’d…” Trinity continued to rant about something I no longer cared about hearing. I didn’t care about anything these days. My job was simple she told me. Act normal, continue being a lifeguard, smile, when they come to question you about Ariel say you know nothing. That was easy, because I really didn’t. Who was this Ariel that everyone kept going on about? More importantly why was I here again? Oh that’s right, the ranting one called me here, but why did I have to obey…? A sharp pain filled my head and left quickly. What was I thinking? Oh right, the ocean is beautiful tonight. But as I was gazing out at it, I began to hear a voice, a song. Why was it so familiar…?

… I know something's starting right now
Watch and you'll see
Someday I'll be
Part of your world

It was like a fog had suddenly been cleared in my mind. Ariel! I wanted to shout her name, but with memories of her came the realization of my own situation. I tuned back into Trinity’s rant, “…I mean honestly I think I’m prettier than her. She might be smarter, but that’s only because…” Tuning out again I focused on the blue talisman around her neck. Previously she had mentioned to me that it was what she used to bind the spell that banished Ariel. If I could just get my hands on it, “You’re right.” She looked at my sudden outburst with surprise, but I continued on not wanting to lose my momentum, “You are prettier than her.” I reached out to brush her cheek with one hand. She blushed and looked down with nervous excitement, which actually made me feel a little bad for her because part of me thought she just wanted attention. But I had to save Ariel, so quickly with my other hand I reached up and snatched the necklace off her neck, breaking it as fast as I could. Running to the water’s edge, I screamed out, “ARIEL!”

Ariel

I felt it. It was like invisible shackles had just been broken, and somehow I knew that I had been freed from the spell. But how…? “ARIEL!” Eric! Swimming as fast as I could toward where I heard his voice, my heart racing, I got there just in time to see Trinity about to blast him with a spell. “Stop!” I screamed. Sauntering towards me, her eyes dark and ominous, she snarled, “I never wanted to see your face again. But this ungrateful trickster got the better of me. Me!” Looking half mad she said, “Well we can’t have that can we?” And with that she turned Eric into a golden statute. “Noo!” I cried. “Well if he doesn’t want to be my pet, he can just be my trophy. Now what to do with you? Obviously banishing you doesn’t work, because they continue to look for you tirelessly. So shall we bring them a body?”

As she moved slowly towards me, I’ve never felt so much fear in my life. Thankfully, four people appeared before me, “Don’t even think about it.” Much to my surprise and to Trinity’s, the quads stood, wands at the ready, prepared to take her on. “You have magic?” she said almost in a whisper. Then, I suppose realizing the threat, she suddenly made a distraction and disappeared with Eric’s statue in tow. “Oh no. We have to get him back!” Aurora gave me a fierce hug, “Don’t worry. We’ll do everything we can.” The rest of the quads nodded in agreement. I looked at them with tears in my eyes, “Thank you. If you hadn’t come when you did…” Rea chimed up, “Let’s not even think about that. Besides we should get back to the house, because I have a feeling that’s where she went.”

Trinity

So that was the power I felt that day! Sebastian must have been helping them keep their powers masked from me, but why? Have they been on to me this whole time? That’s not possible! More importantly, what should I do now? I’m quite certain that if it were only two of them I could easily overpower them, but with the four of them I would need double the power… I suddenly stopped pacing and stared into the mirror. “It’s a good thing there’s two of me then.” I said with a smile. I walked to his room humming to myself. Tristian stood looking out the window, no doubt thinking about his dear Ariel. Though I knew he didn’t practice his magic as much as I did, I had to admit even I admired his power, and I would take every last drop. He turned to look at me finally noticing my presence and smiled, the fool, “Oh Trinity. Did you need something?” Yes twin, I did.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: The Magical World: Chapter 51 – My Other Half
« Reply #312 on: May 26, 2014, 09:34:03 AM »
OMG this is so intriguing!  How can someone be so evil to your own twin brother?!  :o  Come on team Ariel, it's time to step up to the plate and save the day again!

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline VioletG

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #313 on: May 26, 2014, 09:47:44 PM »
Wow, Trinity turned out to be really evil. Thank goodness Ariel has all those good sisters and brothers ... and good old Sebastian of course. As scary as Trinity is, I am hopeful that Ariel and Eric will get their happy ending soon!

Offline kaseofhearts

• Immortal
« Reply #314 on: May 27, 2014, 09:02:44 PM »
Ruh roh, her purple skin deformation is no longer hidden. Watch out, y'all!

anything