Author Topic: The Magical World: Chapter 79 – The Queen, The Rabbit, and the Boys in Shadow  (Read 149206 times)

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
The Magical World: Chapter 37 – Rule Number One
« Reply #225 on: February 22, 2014, 09:48:05 PM »
It had been four years since I was ripped away from everything that I had ever known in the dead of night. That makes four years of hunters sent after me, four years of not knowing when I would get my next meal or if I could sleep that night, four years of fear of Rosalie and how she would think to kill me next, and four years of bitter loneliness.

The hunters were easy enough to avoid after I learned how.

First rule: Don’t talk to men.
Second rule: Don’t stay in any place too long.
Third rule: Don’t cause a scene or leave any trace that you’ve been anywhere.

If she had stopped at hunters I would have been fine, but she had other tricks up her sleeve, such as the case of the poison apple. I often took from any crops I could find, figuring this out she had an elderly woman offer me the most delicious looking apple. I was so hungry that I couldn’t resist but to take a bite, and instantly fell into a deep slumber.

Nature, like magic, is fickle, often swaying from good to evil, and when you combine nature and magic you can get some interesting results. Poison apples put the victim in a deep slumber that will prove fatal after two hours, but the victim must not be disturbed from their slumber. Not that it would be easy to disturb someone from this type of slumber, I mean look at me…I was practically comatose.

Thankfully, fate…or someone was on my side, and as my captor turned her back to me whilst reporting her capture to Rosalie no doubt, something pushed me off the side of the cliff and into the obliging lake below. I’m not sure if it was from the shock of the fall or the jolt of the cold water, but I awoke from my slumber and quickly swam away from my screaming captor just in time to revise my first rule.

First rule: Don’t talk to men. Don’t talk to anyone.

All this… the running for my life, paranoia, not knowing who to trust, it was just all so tiresome. I didn’t know how much more of it all I could take. Not long after such thoughts plagued my mind, a fateful encounter changed everything. I was traveling along the outskirts of Mirkwood Forest, a place which I avoided if at all possible, when I begin to notice the familiar signs of a hunter tracking me. I sighed inwardly, steeled my nerves, and ducked into the forest.

In Mirkwood Forest the time of day was irrelevant, for it was always night. This place was a forest of fear and death, but I had nothing to lose and with each passing day I cared less if I lived or died, so this forest had no claim over me. To my astonishment my follower appeared to be unfazed by the forest as well as they continued their pursuit. That’s when I thought to myself that this has to stop. Just stop... I stopped running then, and turned to face him.

He reached me in mere seconds, but the moment he saw me he stopped dead in his tracks, eyes wide, “You are just a child.” “I’m not a child. I’m eighteen. Besides, what did you think you were hunting, an animal?” “…” “You are just another clueless lackey,” I scoffed. “I am NOT clueless!”

“No?!” I shouted suddenly angry, “Then please tell me why she is trying to kill me.” “…I -- ” I sighed, “I didn’t expect you to know. Look, I am so tired of running and being afraid. I have had everything taken from me. I have no one, and nothing left to live for. I don’t know what your orders are to do, but don’t take me back to her. Please, just kill me.” He stared hard at me for a long minute, and then swore. “Come on, we have to get out here before she sends someone else to finish the job.” My head started to swim, “Why won’t you finish it? I want you to!” 

He put his face in his hands suddenly looking dejected, “That’s because it’s when we have things taken from us that we have to fight the hardest! I know that you are suffering, believe me, because I see that same look that you have in your eyes every time I look in the mirror at my own, but you have to fight. Now I don’t know you or your story, but I know your pain, and in letting you live now that crazy woman will be after us both. But if you come with me I’m offering to end your fear, because I’ll protect you, teach you. And maybe the companionship will end both our pits of loneliness…” He turned, took a few steps, then turned back to face me, “So you coming or not?”

Offline kaylas

• Amateur Food Blogger and Gamer Girl!
  • Townie
Re: The Magical World: Chapter 37 – Rule Number One
« Reply #226 on: February 23, 2014, 11:50:48 AM »
Poor Snow, she's so alone.
Traits: Natural Cook, Animal Lover, Computer Whiz, Bookworm, Friendly, Ambitious (From University Degree: Science and Medicine)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
Re: The Magical World: Chapter 37 – Rule Number One
« Reply #227 on: February 23, 2014, 11:23:45 PM »
Poor Snow, she's so alone.
Yeah she is walking a pretty tough road at the moment.

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
The Magical World: Chapter 38 – Two Promises
« Reply #228 on: March 03, 2014, 01:59:10 AM »
Snow

After several hours of swiftly traveling along in silence I had to ask, “Where are we going?” Instead of answering verbally he just pointed towards the mountains. I groaned inwardly at the thought of having to trek all the way there on an empty stomach, thankfully after only another thirty minutes of travel he stopped and begin to set up camp. “This spot is as good as any. We’ll take turns sleeping here throughout the day, and then take off at dusk. Here’s some dried food, I’ll take the first watch.” “Wait…what’s your name?” He stopped without turning around, “…Triton.” “I’m Snow.” He finally turned to look at me, “Fitting.”

And with that he stalked off to begin his watch. I guess he wasn’t much for small talk. Looking at him, I could tell he wasn’t from here and that he had been through a lot of tough times in his life. Then again, I guess he could say the same when he looked at me. I looked back down at the dried food he gave me. It wasn’t much, but at least I wouldn’t be hungry. After eating, I settled into the tent to sleep, and awoke a few hours later to switch with Triton. 

Finally a couple of hours into our second night of travel, we arrived at a lodge. “It’s not much, but uh it’s more or less where I stayed holed up while working for…well…you know. She doesn’t know about this place. Well at least she shouldn’t. Although it’s possible… Anyway it’s our best bet, and your room is through there. Oh man…you’re leaking…I mean crying. I didn’t think this place was that awful. Maybe this was all a bad idea…”

I just shook my head, and finally started laughing at the bewildered look on his face. Compared to the stern and cold man I had seen up until now, this side of him was completely helpless. Not to mention I think that was the most I had ever heard him speak since the night we met, and it’s no wonder he doesn’t say much. His brain must be a whirlpool of thoughts. I finally eased his concerns, “It’s perfect. I’m sorry I made you worry. I’m only crying because it’s been so long since I had a roof over my head, and a warm, safe place to sleep at night. Thank you.” He looked taken aback, “Oh…well goodnight.”

I had to laugh to myself again. After making such a fuss he just wanders off to his room? What kind of person have I gotten myself involved with now? After slowly looking around the lodge, I went into the room he designated for me. Saying that this was his lodge I was surprised that the room was so feminine and cute. Did he design this room, and if so who did he design it for?

Triton

“…Athena…Athena…NOO!!”
I sprang up from yet another nightmare dripping wet with sweat. “Barnacles…” I muttered to myself. How long would I keep having the same dream? It had already been three years since my wife was killed, but I just couldn’t let it go. No matter what I did, or where I ran I still felt her body grow cold in my arms. Still saw her eyes grow dark, as all my joy turned to ash in my mouth.* It made me cringe thinking how my world was destroyed all because of my level in life. But I should have gotten there in time. If only I had been fast enough. If only I had been strong enough. That’s why I started working for Rosalie, she promised me power. The power to protect the only thing I had left in this world that mattered to me. And yet I took one look at this girl, and went back on all of that. I made two promises…can I keep both?

Snow

True to his word, Triton set out to make me stronger. Right after breakfast we started training and it didn’t take me long to notice the uncertain Triton I saw from last night was once again replaced by the harsh Triton. However, I was determined to see if there were any more sides of him. “So do you have any family?” He just swung at me and said, “Stay focused.” After we exchanged a few more blows I tried again, “Where are you from? You don’t seem like you are from around here.” He gave me an exasperated look and then suddenly lashed out a kick that I failed to block, and it hit me square in the stomach. “Now do you want to keep talking or do you want to get stronger?” After I could finally gather enough breath to speak I managed to croak out, “Fine.”

It appeared, for now at least, I would have to go about getting to know him a little differently, because he wasn’t in the mood for sharing. So that’s how our days went by mostly, little conversation and many bruises. After a year had passed I finally figured out he valued my training progression over his secrets, so every time I accomplished something new I had him answer a question. Sometimes when he would talk about his past there was a flicker of warmth in his eyes, and I’d think that perhaps we could at least be friends. But then I would see a flash of pain darken his face, and he would completely shut down and push me away again. As harsh and frustrating as he was he was also incredibly protective of me. At the slightest hint of danger he was instantly at my side, shielding me from an attack. It felt nice to have someone I knew could rely on, someone I knew I could trust.

One morning I awoke to one of the last people I wanted to see in my room. She spoke up quickly, “Don’t scream.” I narrowed my eyes, “Give me one reason why I shouldn’t bolt out of here.” She just smiled, “I’ll give you two. I helped you escape from Rosalie in the first place so why would I try to hurt you, and if I really wanted to hurt you I could have done it while you were sleeping oh so peacefully.”

I was starting to get a headache, I didn’t want to trust her, but I did. “Why are you here Kamaria? You left me alone all this time, why come here now? And how did you find me?” “I’ve always known where you were from the moment of your fateful birth. But I’m only here now to warn you. A great evil will soon descend upon you, and you will want to relish in it, trust it even, but you must not. You must overcome it, or risk losing your soul.” I was confused, “If it is that great of an evil I will see it coming right? I mean why would I ever trust evil?” “You’ll want to trust it, because in a sense it will be a part of you.”

“This is all…too crazy. You know, I’ve been meaning to ask you something. Why do you work for Rosalie? I mean you did save me, and we used to get along really well so I think you are a good person so I just don’t get it.” She turned her back towards me, but just before she did I saw her face darken the same way Triton’s did when he thought about something painful. “Everyone has their reasons for where they end up.” She turned back to me, “Has he told you his?” Before I got a chance to answer she had already disappeared.

* That was a line I love from Games of Thrones.

Offline VioletG

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Magical World: Chapter 38 – Two Promises
« Reply #229 on: March 03, 2014, 03:25:52 AM »
Love this story ... I love fairy tales and I think you've done a nice job creating new stories with them!

Offline Tori-Alice-8D

• Llama Wrangler
    • Follow my Tumblr!
« Reply #230 on: March 03, 2014, 11:14:11 AM »
Hey, are you still writing? I love this story and it would be sad to lose it.

Please click my dragons!

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
« Reply #231 on: March 03, 2014, 09:41:38 PM »
Love this story ... I love fairy tales and I think you've done a nice job creating new stories with them!
Thank you. I'm just glad that you are enjoying it.

Hey, are you still writing? I love this story and it would be sad to lose it.
Don't worry I'm writing a lot more frequently lately. I just posted that last chapter yesterday, and I will be following with another chapter very soon. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tori-Alice-8D

• Llama Wrangler
    • Follow my Tumblr!
« Reply #232 on: March 04, 2014, 11:29:28 AM »
That chapter was amazing, I really want to know more!

Please click my dragons!

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
« Reply #233 on: March 07, 2014, 02:32:45 AM »
That chapter was amazing, I really want to know more!
Thanks as always for your kind feedback. I'll try not to keep you waiting too long.

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
The Magical World: Chapter 39 – Dark Cloud
« Reply #234 on: March 07, 2014, 02:56:22 AM »
Kamaria

“Where were you?” I did my best to ignore Rosalie’s insolent tone, “I had business to attend to with the gypsies. It’s taken me years to assuage their fear of you, and assure them we meant them no more harm after that atrocity you did to that elder.” She rolled her eyes, “They should be afraid! Rejoice even, that I didn’t wipe them all out after wasting such precious resources. What do they think poison apples grow on trees? How on earth do you let a person in that deep of a slumber get away?! Incompetence that’s how. No matter, I have a new plan under way. Snow won’t get away unscathed this time.” I didn’t like the sinister way she smiled to herself. This foreboding full moon wasn’t helping my uneasiness either. I couldn’t help but feel like a dark cloud had just settled into Moonlight Falls.

Ravenna

I was getting closer I could feel it. In fact, I could actually smell it. I turned around to scan the gypsy grounds that I was on, because I knew there was a scent I knew not too far from here. I closed my eyes for a moment, sniffed in the air…there. That wretched fairy! I took off in the direction of the scent, and it wasn’t long before I saw that familiar head of blonde hair streaming in the wind. Just as I was closing in, her companion suddenly turned and yelled for her to run. “Oh she’s not going anywhere!” I shouted.

Everything that happened next only took a second, but it was like slow motion. I lunged for the fairy, but the companion pulled out a wand and with one flick a huge gust of wind knocked me back against a tree. I was indisposed just long enough for the fairy to get away, whose look of initial surprise had given way to a look of boredom. “Blast!” I pounded my fist on the ground enraged, and then glared at the companion who I now knew to be a witch. It looked like I would have to take her out first, and hopefully before I lost the fairy’s scent. “OK witch, let’s play.”

I glanced up at the moon. Now that I was older I no longer needed a full moon to transform into a werewolf, but it was when I was at my strongest. I threw off my hood, and let the transformation take over. Right on cue, the witch’s eyes widened in surprise the moment she saw me. I couldn’t help but smile, because the half of a second of hesitation was all the time I needed.

I quickly rushed in, closed my hand around her throat, and dug my claws in lifting her off the ground. “You can either face your demise here, swearing loyalty to that evil woman you know has lost it, or you can drop that wand and head for the hills. You have 5 seconds to decide.” She didn’t even take one. She immediately nodded her head in consent. “Well at least some people have their wits about them.” I dropped her on the ground, and destroyed her wand for good measure. “Now go!”

I watched her flee a ways into the wood, but just when I turned to go after the fairy I was hit by a wave of images that made me clutch my head and drop to my knees. The images showed me a path from my current location to a lodge in the mountains where I saw a man and a woman sparring outside, and if I wasn’t mistaken that woman was Snow. I knew those images could have only gotten into my head by one means, and I turned around to see that witch standing with her arms still extended in my direction. She slowly lowered her arms and then disappeared. I just laughed to myself, because I should have known she could use magic without a wand. But more importantly did she just help me, or was it a trick? Looks like I had a decision to make, go after the fairy or follow the images that could be fake.

Snow

“You know what? I think you are just afraid to be nice to me!” I stormed off crying into the forest half because I was furious and half to hide my embarrassment. “Training isn’t over!” I heard Triton yell after me, but I only yelled back, “It is for me!” I walked and walked in one direction, got frustrated for no particular reason, went another direction, realized I’d get lost if I went that way, went back the other way, remembered that I was frustrated with that direction, spun around in a circle to find a direction, walked and realized I was headed back to the lodge and him, and fell to my knees and screamed.

There was dirt on my face. Dirt. Earlier when he knocked me to the ground during training I must have gotten it… Anyway there was dirt, but I didn’t know. He reached up to touch my face, you know, to wipe it off, and I thought… So I kissed him… If he had even cared enough to be angry maybe it wouldn’t hurt so bad, but he just slowly grabbed my shoulders, pushed me away, and said, “It’s time to get back to training.”

I hate him. I HATE him. I hate that he makes me feel this way. I hate that he makes me love him… But how can you be in love alone? It’s so lonely. It’s not fair to draw me in one moment with your warmth, and in the next moment to bite me with bitter coldness. I just don’t get it. He doesn’t have to love me though. It would be enough just to be close to him. What do I have to do?

Triton

Later that evening Snow finally came back from the forest. But to be honest I didn’t really know what to make of recent events, and I was hoping that maybe it would pass. We were spending our evenings the way we usually did, reading, but when I got up to tend to the fire I saw her mimic my motion. I stoned my face and turned around. “I love you.” I just stared at her for a moment. Out of all things, even given what happened earlier, that was the last thing I expected her to say, “You know you shouldn’t throw words around like that jokingly.” She reached up and touched my face. “I’m not joking. We could be discovered and taken out at any moment, so I don’t have time to play coy with my feelings.”

I pushed her hand off and backed away, quickly losing my calm resolve, “Don’t…” She just stepped closer, “Why not?” “Because I am not the sort of man you want to go down this road with. I am not a good person. I’ve done some…terrible things. Things I regret. You have no clue.” “Then tell me, or don’t tell me. Honestly I don’t care about any of that, because that’s not who you are anymore. You changed the moment you decided to spare my life. That’s when you left the hired killer behind and became my savior.” I shook my head, “Snow…” She came even closer, “I love you.” I stared at her with utter disbelief and astonishment. Surely it had to be a mistake…maybe a dream, but her eyes betrayed no such sentiments. Could I let someone else in? Did I deserve to? Heat flushed in my face as my hand slowly made its way up to touch hers, her skin was so soft. “Snow…I-I…”

“Well don’t you two look cozy?” I pulled my hand away, and jumped in front of Snow. At the door was a woman with long dark hair and red highlights, but if I had to be completely honest she reminded me of Snow somehow. “Who are you?” That’s when Snow peered around me looking curious. “She’s my…sister.”

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: The Magical World: Chapter 39 – Dark Cloud
« Reply #235 on: March 07, 2014, 07:53:00 AM »
This was just... awesome!  I hope Triton realises he does deserve a second chance at love. 
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline Tori-Alice-8D

• Llama Wrangler
    • Follow my Tumblr!
« Reply #236 on: March 07, 2014, 11:22:02 AM »
That was so creepy, then so cute! Hooray for the sisters being reunited. Don't feel rushed by my impatience, but I know we all need a little encouragement from time to time ;)

Please click my dragons!

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
« Reply #237 on: March 09, 2014, 01:46:33 AM »
This was just... awesome!  I hope Triton realises he does deserve a second chance at love.
Thanks Magz!!

That was so creepy, then so cute! Hooray for the sisters being reunited. Don't feel rushed by my impatience, but I know we all need a little encouragement from time to time ;)
Haha. That's very true.

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
The Magical World: Chapter 40 – The Evil In You (Part 1)
« Reply #238 on: March 09, 2014, 03:13:09 AM »
Ravenna

“You remember me? I’m shocked.” Snow shook her head, “No…I just know you.” I shrugged my shoulders, “Well we are twins after all. So did you escape from the fairy or have you been shacked up the whole time in this little love shack with…fancy face here?” I said gesturing to the guy she was with. He suddenly spoke up, “Triton.” My eyebrows shot up, “Triton…well that’s a name.” He came closer, “And what do we call you, Red?” “You could. The name’s Ravenna.” It was his turn to shoot up his eyebrows, “Ravenna huh…now that’s a name.” I just rolled my eyes. I could tell I was not going to like this guy.

Snow quickly jumped in, “The fairy, her name is Rosalie. She raised me, but then she turned on me for some reason…I still don’t know why. So Kamaria helped me escape, but she had to go back. So after a few years on my own I met Triton.” I noticed that they exchanged a look that I would definitely look into later, “Kamaria wouldn’t happen to be a witch would she?” Snow’s eyebrows furrowed, “Yes. Have you encountered her?” I scoffed, “Her and…Rosalie, or whatever you call her. We got into a little altercation.” Both of their eyes flew open, and they immediately started scanning me for wounds while checking if anyone was outside. “Geez, no one is coming! And for goodness sake I’m not wounded.”

Once I got them to calm down I told them the whole of what had happened. Snow just stared at me intensely, “Rosalie said you were dead…that you were all dead.” I rolled my eyes, “She is evil, which definitely qualifies her to be a liar.” She shook her head in disbelief, “Our parents?” “It’s…complicated. She took a doll when she took you, do you still happen to have it?” She looked confused but went to grab something from the back room, “This doll?” I could not help but be overtaken as I felt my father’s presence. I walked up to him and whispered, “Papa…”

Snow stood beside me, “Are you trying to say that this is our father? I don’t understand.” I painstakingly tore my eyes away from him, and turned to her, “It’s hard to explain, but the short version is that they were turned into doll form, and have been trapped since we were infants. Have you never felt a presence? A warm feeling as if someone was watching over you, listening to you?” “He has been with me all this time…What about our mother?” “She has been with me.” Her eyes filled with tears, “I thought I was alone. That I had no one, but all of you --” She suddenly hugged me hard enough to knock the breath out of me. “Oh dear, you are a hugger.” I patted her back awkwardly, “There, there then.”

Rosalie

My guest came stomping into the room. “I do not take kindly to being summoned like a servant!” He hissed. I just ignored his anger, “Mr. Van Gould, I can see that you are of ill spirits this evening so I’ll get to the point. I request your services. First I need you to retrieve someone --” He began shouting indignantly, “Do you know who I am?! I am Lord Ayden Van Gould, High Elder of the Van Gould Coven, and I will not be lowered into completing menial tasks!”

I calmly waited for him to finish his temper tantrum, sighed, and gave him a pitying look, “Do you know who I am? Wasn’t there a time when your daughter, Emelie I think her name is, was involved in some romantic business with a young boy from the Wolff Clan? Ooh that’s very shameful, hm?” I saw his body stiffen at the mention of the issue, as I circled him like a vulture, and I laughed as I continued, “Who was it that made the Wolff Clan cease to exist, effectively fixing that problem as well as your long standing issue with them in this town? Oh that’s right, I did. So I do believe you owe me a...what did you call it...menial task or two. Now then, do you wish to be rid of me, or continue to be in my debt?”

He narrowed his eyes, “Name it.” I smiled, “I want you to turn someone into a vampire.” He looked at me with hard eyes, “I do not know how you fairies do business, but vampirism is not something that is just bestowed upon anyone.” “Do this and you’ll never have to see me again.” He turned his back to me, and thought for a long while before calling back over his shoulder. “Who is it?” “Search my mind, you will see her.” I waited and braced myself for the intrusion. I felt his presence as he swept across my thoughts, and took care to place guards up where I did not wish him to linger.

Snow

Goodness knows I had a ton of questions for Ravenna, but she convinced me it would be best if we saved it all for the next day. Only problem was that I could hardly sleep, because I was so worried that she wouldn’t be there when I woke up the next morning. But it seemed like the only thing I needed to worry about was keeping her and Triton away from each other. First thing in the morning and they were already at each other’s throats. “How do I know you won't go back to the fairy?!” Ravenna shouted. “My loyalty is the one being questioned? You just arrived here with some crazy story! Not to mention that there’s something about you that’s just…not human.” “You are skirting the edge of humanity yourself pal! I know what those marks on your hands mean.” He suddenly grabbed her shoulders, “How?! Where did --” They both stopped as soon as they noticed me, Triton dropped his hands, and they said at the same time, “Snow, when did you get up?”

“Only just now.” I said nervously. Ravenna and Triton exchanged a look with flushed faces, and then she came over to me and smiled, “Hey why don’t we go eat breakfast outside, and we can have that talk you wanted.” I plastered on a smile and nodded, but this tense mood in the room still had me worried. What were they talking about? I guess they would tell me when they were ready, but I couldn’t help but be a little sad as I followed Ravenna outside. Why did it seem like she knew more about Triton and his past than I did?

We managed to have a really good talk though. She told me all about our grandparents, Sebastian, and what it was like growing up back in Bridgeport. She went on to explain the night I was taken, and how she ended up here. There was just something that seemed strange. It was as if there gaps of information she were tip toeing around. Curiosity finally got the better of me, “Ravenna, I feel like there is something you are leaving out.” She just looked at me blankly for a moment, and I started to question whether or not I should have asked but then she finally said, “Do you remember earlier when fancy face --” “Triton.” “Whatever. The point is he mentioned there was something not human about me, and he was right.” “I knew it.” I suddenly heard Triton say.

Ravenna stood, “You eavesdropping now fancy face?” I spoke up before they could get into it again, “What do you mean, not human?” She turned back to me, “It’s probably easier if I just show you right?” After that she stepped out into the yard, took off the hood I noticed she wore even when she slept, and transformed into a beast that shook me to my core.

“I’m a werewolf. That hood there keeps me from transforming…Snow?” A beast. It was a beast. A beast with Ravenna’s voice coming out. It was evil… THE evil! Evil. It took a step towards me. “Stay away!” I screamed. It looked confused, “Snow…I’m not going to hurt you.” I shook my head and hugged myself, “I don’t believe you. Kamaria warned me that there would be a great evil that I would have to overcome soon. An evil that was practically a part of me, and as my twin you fit the bill pretty well.” It looked angry, “The witch?! You are going to believe the witch over me?” I had to overcome. I had to trust the knowledge. “She saved me from Rosalie!” It roared, “She is also the reason that Rosalie found you in the first place! Did your “savior” tell you that? Huh? That she used her powers to find you, so Rosalie could come knock out our grandparents and steal you from your crib!” It lies! It will say anything to get me to trust it! “SHUT UP! I don’t believe you! Just go away. Please…just…go…” I covered my ears and cried.

It looked wounded, but resigned. “Fine.” It turned and fled into the trees. The evil was gone. I overcame the evil. However, I thought you were supposed to feel gratification or euphoria after overcoming something, but I just felt numb. I took a step and almost toppled over, Triton rushed to my side, but I held my hand up. “Just leave me. I want to be alone.” “Ok…”

I couldn’t get over that hurt look on its face. Now that I think about it, how long has it had to live with being part wolf? How has that affected it’s…her life?  Has anyone looked at her like that before, like she was a freak? Has anyone pushed her away? Has everyone pushed her away? This wasn’t right! She was my sister, my real family, and I had sent her away. I had to go after her, but I didn’t make it two steps before I was caught.

Triton

It had been hours since the shouting match between Snow and Ravenna had reached its climax, and Snow still hadn’t come inside so I decided to go after her. Perhaps I could talk some sense into her. I mean Ravenna was a lot of things: mysterious, mean, and…a werewolf to name a few, but she wasn’t evil, of that much I was certain. I hoped I could get Snow to see it that way, but if not she could continue to have alone time if she wanted, but I at least wanted her to do it inside where it was safer. However, when I got to the spot where I left her I only found something that made my heart sink. In place of Snow sat a table with a flower in a vase and a small note reading:

I decided to have Snow brought home,
   I hope you don’t mind.
   You’re welcome to come and play,
   But who knows what you’ll find.

--Rosalie

Offline Tori-Alice-8D

• Llama Wrangler
    • Follow my Tumblr!
Re: The Magical World: Chapter 40 – The Evil In You (Part 1)
« Reply #239 on: March 09, 2014, 05:14:26 AM »
:O You can't leave me with such cliffhangers!

Please click my dragons!

anything