Author Topic: The Magical World: Chapter 79 – The Queen, The Rabbit, and the Boys in Shadow  (Read 149342 times)

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: The Magical World: Chapter 20 - Intruder
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2013, 12:37:50 AM »
RIP Henri.  Oh poor Andy, yes children can be fickle... but... unfortunately so are some adults. 

Was the intruder a burglar in a really weird outfit or is there a new villain on the horizon?   
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
Re: The Magical World: Chapter 20 - Intruder
« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2013, 01:03:00 AM »
RIP Henri.  Oh poor Andy, yes children can be fickle... but... unfortunately so are some adults. 

Was the intruder a burglar in a really weird outfit or is there a new villain on the horizon?
Very true. There are quite a few fickle individuals out there.
I added him to my household, so he wasn't a "real" burglar, just a minor villain. I had never gotten a chance to use that mask before so I figured I'd give it a go.  ;)
However, there will be some serious villains out for this family in the future, even some returning faces you have already seen.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
The Magical World: Chapter 21 - Secret
« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2013, 01:16:21 AM »
Andy: With my dad’s change in career paths, he had a lot more time for me which was good, but I kept getting the feeling that he didn’t like my relationship with Woody all that much. When he asked if I wanted to play catch I’d ask if Woody could come along too, and he’d just give me a stern look until I told Woody he couldn’t come play. And I guess one day dad just had enough.

Shang: “Give me the doll.”
Andy: “No.”

Shang: “I am your father, and you will do what I say.”
Andy: “But what happens when your request is completely unreasonable?”

Shang: “Andrew Henri Li, give me the doll. Now!”
Andy: “I hate you! If grandpa were here he’d understand!”

He looked hurt for a moment, but then snatched Woody and threw him away! I tried to sneak out and pull him out of the trash, but dad cut me off and then locked Woody in the shed. I was so mad, but all I could do was fume in my room.

Shang: “It’s not natural.”
Mulan: “Shang, he is just a boy.”
Shang: “He is not a little kid anymore Mulan. He is about to be a teenager soon, a teenage boy who plays with dolls!”
Mulan: “We all have to find our own paths.”
Shang: “I won’t have my son playing with dolls and that’s final.”

Mom came to talk to me, but she wound up only making it worse.
Andy: “I hate him…”
Mulan: “He is your father, and he knows what’s best for you.”
Andy: “How can you say that? I thought you of all people would understand. When grandpa told you that what was best for YOU was to stay home while he went to war, you went to war instead.”
Mulan: “That was different.”
Andy: “How was it different? You stood by what you believed in, and I believe Woody is real! I’m outta here.”
Mulan: “ANDY!!”

Andy: I couldn’t listen to anymore nonsense. I ran outside intending to leave, but I knew the cops would find me and just bring me back here. So I went to the backyard instead. There had only been one human in my life that I had full confidence with. I needed to see him now, because he’d know what to do. The truth is…I had a secret. 

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
The Magical World: Chapter 22 – Imaginary M... Potion
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2013, 05:29:28 PM »
Andy: You see grandpa wasn’t completely gone. The first time he had come, he said something about existing in a different dimension, and his beloved Cinderella, but I didn’t really understand much. Though I did think he was referring to hanging out with grandma, who I hadn’t got to meet. So that was cool. The important thing was, he was here, and I definitely needed him.

Andy: “And that’s what happened. They just don’t get it!”
Henri: “Andy, most times people only believe what they can see with their own two eyes. They will most likely only believe in Woody when they can talk to him themselves.”
Andy: “But how am I supposed to get that to happen? The only person who can see him out of doll form is me.”
Henri: “Hmm… Why don’t you ask your Uncle Sebastian? He just might have a thing or two up his sleeve.”

We talked for a while longer, but then I heard my mom calling for me.
Henri: “I’m afraid I must go for now.”
Andy: “But don’t you want to talk to mom too?”
Henri: “In time, little one, she is not ready yet.”

Following grandpa’s advice, I asked Sebastian if he had any ideas. After thinking for a long time he told me to follow him, but to keep everything I saw a secret. I liked secrets.

We went down to the basement where his study was, and walked up to a bookshelf. He was feeling around for a book, and just when he pulled one the bookshelf moved and revealed another room!

Sebastian: “This is my private room where I keep all of the ancient secrets I’ve come across along the years. If I’m not mistaken this book should… Ah, here it is. It’s called the imaginary friend metamorphium potion. You see this…”

He went on to explain the potion’s ingredients and the process of making it to me. He told me that it would only work if I made the potion myself, but I would first have to master the art of potion making.

From that point on I worked super hard every day. Sebastian gave me use of his secret room so that dad wouldn’t discover what I was up to. Though I tried hard to focus on potion making, I couldn’t help but wander around the room sometimes wondering what other secrets were here. As it turns out potion making is a long and tedious process. So long that I didn’t successfully create the potion until I was 17.

Offline NotGwendy

• Nooboo
Re: The Magical World: Chapter 21 - Secret
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2013, 06:27:04 PM »
I like this story. Can't wait to see what happens next!
I wonder how everyone is going to react to woody.^^

Offline kaylas

• Amateur Food Blogger and Gamer Girl!
  • Townie
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2013, 08:11:28 PM »
Thanks for the update Mel! Can't wait for the next!    ;D
Traits: Natural Cook, Animal Lover, Computer Whiz, Bookworm, Friendly, Ambitious (From University Degree: Science and Medicine)

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2013, 08:18:57 PM »
I like this story. Can't wait to see what happens next!
I wonder how everyone is going to react to woody.^^
Thanks for the update Mel! Can't wait for the next!    ;D

Thank you guys so much.
Woody's reveal will definitely be interesting.  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2013, 06:20:31 AM »
At last I've come up to date with this story, it took me ages as I forgot the title and which section it was under T.T The evil fairy was a great twist to the goody-two-shoes godmother xD Mulan is one of my favourite princess ever and I love that you have Andy as an heir rather than going for a real prince/duke/earl etc.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2013, 10:51:05 AM »
At last I've come up to date with this story, it took me ages as I forgot the title and which section it was under T.T The evil fairy was a great twist to the goody-two-shoes godmother xD Mulan is one of my favourite princess ever and I love that you have Andy as an heir rather than going for a real prince/duke/earl etc.
Well I'm very flattered you took the time to find it.   :D
And yeah I thought Cinderella needed a tough villian.
All of my heirs will have some form of villian to face in their lives, even Andy.

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
The Magical World: Chapter 23 – He’s a…She?
« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2013, 10:22:14 PM »
Andy: This was it. Today was the day that I was going to show everyone that I wasn’t crazy. I skipped drama club so that I could get home before my dad.  He had started an after school martial arts program so that adults could come and learn from him as well.

I had got Woody from the shed a couple of days ago. Since I had stopped talking about Woody, it seems like my parents had forgotten all about the situation. I placed Woody on the floor, and wondered if he would even come back to life after all this time. Thankfully he popped up in no time, and we greeted for the first time in a long time.

I quickly filled him in on everything that he had missed. Which to be honest wasn’t much, because I had spent so much time just trying to make him real.

He seemed extremely mystified at the idea of being real and just a little wary when I presented him with the potion that he would have to drink. After a bit of convincing I got him to realize that being real was the best thing for our relationship. I had no idea how we would continue on if not.

Then the moment arrived.

He swallowed the potion slowly as I watched eagerly, only for something to happen that I never expected…A GIRL?!

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2013, 10:45:24 PM »
I guess Woody needs a new name  ;).  Terrific update Mel.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2013, 07:04:17 PM »
I guess Woody needs a new name  ;).  Terrific update Mel.
He does indeed.  :D
Thank you very much.

Offline kaseofhearts

• Immortal
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2013, 04:25:05 PM »
I love it, Mel! This is a really fun and interesting story. You're right about the source material being familiar, and I think it was perfect to grab inspiration, but to make your own unique tale. It's great.

Offline melancholy_anju

• Occult
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2013, 07:51:12 PM »
I love it, Mel! This is a really fun and interesting story. You're right about the source material being familiar, and I think it was perfect to grab inspiration, but to make your own unique tale. It's great.
Thank you!! I'm really glad you are enjoying it.  ;D

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #104 on: October 02, 2013, 12:27:06 AM »
I love Woody even more now and Andy's expression is priceless! ^.^
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

anything