Author Topic: Has Sims caused you any embarrassment in front of family and friends?  (Read 18323 times)

Offline sammymcgoff

• Budding linguist
  • Townie
  • Rwy'n byth ifanc
This happened to me once I had started my Moonlight Falls Genetics Challenge after installing the game on my laptop, as I'd had a few problems on my desktop, including lagging. I decided to show my mum how much faster the game ran on my laptop. However, I'd forgotten that I'd made Sammy and Dwayne Wolff try for a baby before I'd pause it to show her. Just imagine her shock when she sees them bumping up and down under the bed covers  :o :-[
The Twinbrook Genetic Challenge

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
Re: Has Sims caused you any embarrassment in front of family and friends?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 09:51:18 AM »
Yes. When I experimenting with a Pose Player and my Sims do some naughty actions. (you know kissy kissy stuff related ::) and my Sims is half-naked :P ) And suddenly my sister see that when coming into my room. She didn't say anything, but her face say that all. Well, I just act like usual like nothing happen and continue the game. Deep down inside I was like "Oh, my! Oh, my!" Thankfully that is my sister who also Simmer, if my parents, the computer might be sold-off already... haha.
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jennovazombie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 09:52:54 AM »
I used to have a lot of custom high-def skins in Sims2, and my husband usually came home as my crazy sim decided to walk around naked. Probably a big reason I don't have those things in my current game! XD

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 07:27:24 PM »
I don't know if it would be embaressment or not, but I know there have been ocasions where I will talk non-stop about Sims3, particuarly when a new expansion I am excited about is coming out.  I guess the embaressment comes in when I realise I've been talking about it for 30 minutes or more, and they clearly don't care.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 12:45:31 AM »
I don't know if it would be embaressment or not, but I know there have been ocasions where I will talk non-stop about Sims3, particuarly when a new expansion I am excited about is coming out.  I guess the embaressment comes in when I realise I've been talking about it for 30 minutes or more, and they clearly don't care.

I've done that as well, usually I start off with "I'm going to be really nerdy for a moment and ... *blah, blah, expansion pack, game, sims, blah*"  luckily the girl I work with on Sundays tells me all about the game Half Life and I tell her all about the Sims... so its equal.  :D

Offline blackforest0

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 02:23:59 PM »
One time I was playing my Sims, and I directed one of them to look at the paper and get a job. Well, my game lags (a lot), so it took a while for him to walk out the door and grab the paper. So, as I usually do, I yelled "Get a job you bum!" right as my dad walks in the kitchen.   ::)
So I had to quickly explain that, no, I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to my sim.
My dad just laughed, grabbed a soda and walked back into his room to watch tv.

On another occasion I scared my dad. One of my sims (pregnant) was cooking dinner. Well, Murphy's Law decided to show itself and she went into labor. While she was cooking. The house caught on fire, leaving her both screaming over the flames consuming her kitchen and screaming because she was having her second kid. I'm yelled "And now the house is on fire! That's just great!" My dad comes running into the kitchen like, "Where? What fire?"

Had to explain that I was playing the sims. My dad just shook his head and walked away.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 06:46:35 PM »
blackforest, I got a good laugh out of both of those. Thanks for that.  ;D
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 11:15:11 PM »
Your dad's such a bro, blackforest.

I have an opposite story. At one point, my younger sister and I were talking about the Sims, and my Gran comes in and says, "Oh, I know that game! Momo (my younger cousin) showed it to me!" And then with a big smile and laughter, she says, "I like the part where they go under the covers and the bed bounces! *laughs* What's that called? Woohoo? *laughs some more*"

Nothing fazes her. Nothing.
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline jennovazombie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 07:37:25 AM »
Had another silly moment the other day!
I was yelling at my sim because she decided to read a book instead of going to work, and my husband came home to this.
"You idiotic little ball of pixels! You can't quit your job because you got a new book, get to work you lazy bum!"
He just calmly went back downstairs and made himself a bowl of icecream.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 07:55:30 AM »
My husband is the opposite. He always pretends to think that I'm talking to him when he knows I'm really talking to my Sims (which I do all the time) so he'll say, 'Whaaaat? I'm not doing anything! And I'm not a girl!' I think it's my fault for marrying the youngest in a family. He grew up thinking it was his mission to annoy everyone (as all little brothers do :P) and now he's stuck in the habit.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 06:28:56 PM »
I wouldn't say that they have caused me embarrassment, but I talk about them to my oldest sister, and I swear her eyes glaze over the minute I say "So my sims..." I've yelled at them as well, she's like "What??" I say "Nothing, playing sims." She's all like "Oh." Walks away.

Reading stories on here has caused me some though. Especially the Man Dynasty, I'd just bust out laughing, and Mt Dew would be coming out my nose.  ::)

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 06:58:12 PM »
Oh there are so many times.. Mainly with my parents looking at me weird when I'm yelling at them. My mom decides to reply when I yell at them. I'm all like "Don't do that you lazy bum! You have work!"
My mom is all like "I am not a lazy bum! I don't work!" I just look at her and she laughs. But the best is when I'm reading stories on here and I'm laughing my butt off. It is simply awesome ;D 

Offline empow14

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 07:27:09 PM »
Cool stories :D

Luckily, my computer is in my own room, so no one hears me when I talk to my Sims.. which I do a lot.
I do however experience some "embarrassment" when telling others about the game (I started playing The Sims only a few weeks ago)... I have 3 brothers and most of my friends are male (I'm a girl), and have always played various video games, and now my brothers/friends are all like "haha, you're playing with a doll house"

But as long as I still beat them at Mario Kart I can overlook this insult :D
After all it's an awesome game, I've never seen anything like it! 

Offline revolution724

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2013, 07:32:37 PM »
Mostly just the embarrassment of being a grown adult playing computer games.   ::)  I get the glazed-eyes look from anyone I ever dare mention The Sims to, too.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2013, 09:35:04 PM »
This wasn't embarrassing, more just amusing. I was playing in my old story file and for some reason one of my elders in the household was randomly walking around unclothed, to which I yelled at him "Come on, get dressed! The last thing I want to see is naked old guy pixels!"

It would just so happen that my mother would walk in the room as I was saying this. But my mother knows me all too well and doesn't bother questioning anymore. She is well aware and perfectly accepting of the fact that her grown daughter is slightly insane. :P