Author Topic: Has Sims caused you any embarrassment in front of family and friends?  (Read 18319 times)

Offline Zaki

• Townie
Re: Has Sims caused you any embarrassment in front of family and friends?
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2013, 08:39:36 PM »
I feel so awkward when my Sims are trying for a baby, and then one of my family members just walks by and I hastily zoom out to the map and scroll around randomly, hoping they don't notice the icon of a bed in the corner. 0-0

I am on the website Chicken Smoothie! My username is Miyazaki.

Offline Katie123urgreat

• Causton CID
  • Occult
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2013, 01:06:20 AM »
My parents are quite accepting of me playing the Sims, and I have no siblings, or close family members who live in the country, so I'm fine with it. And if I want to talk about the Sims, I know of two girls in my year who play it as well. My dad and I are interested in architecture, so we watch Grand Designs, etc., and he always likes it when I build houses on the Sims. So he always asks me, "Did you do anything new with your Sims today?" Mentally I go, "My Simself is now engaged to a Sim who shares the looks and name of a real life celebrity." But all I say is, "Nah, same ol', same ol'."
I find it quite awkward when I'm in CAS, especially if I'm trying to choose a sim's sleepwear and swimwear, so I try to do it sneakily and quickly, just in case my parents just happen to walk in. That's why I prefer creating my sims when my parents aren't home. But regardless, they always just seem to see me in CAS.
Also, when my Sims are doing romantic actions, I go into map mode, but unfortunately, the blue box on the top left would say something like, "Sim A thinks Sim B is flirty."  :-[
In English class, we were reading Much Ado About Nothing as a whole class. Then, Benedick (or whoever) was talking about wooing, and a fellow student goes, "What's wooing?" Immediately I think of the Sims, but I know that the word was used in a different context. My teacher explains its like seeking support or something or other. Then a girl yells out, "In the sims, woohoo means sex!" And I'm just like shrinking in the corner, tomato red, but can't help laughing. Everyone ends up laughing, even the teacher, who finds hardly anything funny.  ;D

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DS Ben Jones: I appreciated your trust over the Masons thing.
DCI Tom Barnaby: Trust, Jones, is something hard to win, easy to lose, and never to be taken lightly.
Jones: William Shakespeare, sir?
Barnaby: No! Thomas Barnaby.
-Midsomer Murders

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2013, 04:00:14 AM »
My husband has no idea why I love video games so much, and especially a game like the Sims. I said he loves his movies, I love my games. He won't let me talk about my Sims to him, either lol.
Anyway, as far as embarrassment, my sons always walk past when I'm in CAS with a shirtless male Sim, and I'll be designing the swimwear etc, but to them it just looks like I'm staring at the Sim, so then they both start teasing me, saying I'm perving at the sims "hot body" and whatnot lol. Or they walk past when my sims are whoo hooing or making out, then they're like "Mum, really?"

anything