Author Topic: Uninstalling mods?  (Read 4277 times)

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
Uninstalling mods?
« on: April 13, 2013, 11:35:25 AM »
I'm considering installing a couple of mods for the first time, mainly to stabilise my game and enhance story progression. If I install them and decide I don't like them or don't want them any more, how easy is it to uninstall them? Will it negatively affect my save files?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: Uninstalling mods?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 12:04:52 PM »
If the mods you install are package files, simply removing the package files will uninstall the mod. (this is true for all nraas mods)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 12:08:26 PM »
Thanks, that seems very straightforward compared to installing them. I have been considering Nraas.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 12:49:56 PM »
Thanks, that seems very straightforward compared to installing them. I have been considering Nraas.

I've used overwatch and errortap, and once I remove them there hasn't really been any effect at all. Other than I don't get messages from them about what they are doing, and the game is a little slower and more unstable again. There is more likely to be more issues right when you add them (if you add to a game in progress) since they have a lot to work with then.

Offline Zyffyr

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 01:28:21 PM »
Just a note - if the mod in question makes additional interactions available in the game, removing the mod while sims have those interactions queued will cause problems. Before removing such a mod do the following :
1)Load up the save
2)Pause the game
3)open the command console (Control-Shift-C) and do 'resetsim *', which will remove all actions from all sims
4)With the game still paused, save the game.
5)Exit the game.

It will then be safe to remove it.

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 04:36:55 PM »
Thanks for the info :)

anything