Author Topic: My absence  (Read 6828 times)

Leto85

My absence
« on: July 17, 2010, 05:18:07 PM »
In the few days when I am present at this forum I noticed that I've missed some topic questions that are specificaly asked to me. I just wanted to say that it is not arrogance, indifference or any other negative reason that I not answer. It is just my personal life lately, asking more time from me and I often do not find the time to be as active on the forum anymore as I was before.

I found it necessary to report this in a topic because I do not want to leave a wrong impression. I still do care about this forum, with the members included. But there are coming more and more members every day and I just simply can't find enough hours in a day to responce on specific questions to me, or any question in particulair. You are with so many, and I am just alone. :P Dramatic enough? ;)

That said: is there not a way for each member to filter out the questions that are specifically asked to them in a way as this is possible with the button that shows all the newly written postst since last visit, so when I find the time I could read every single question without missing any?

So anyway: now you know why I not always responce as quick as I used to be.
In the upcoming two weeks I will be total absence by the way because I am on vacation. After that: I will be back!

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
Re: My absence
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 05:28:31 PM »
Have a nice holiday Leto! Where are you going?

I will try to answer any questions for you myself when you're absent if you don't mind.
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 05:31:25 PM »
Have a nice holiday Leto! Where are you going?

I will try to answer any questions for you myself when you're absent if you don't mind.

That is so sweet! Thank you very much for that. I highly appreciate that :) I am going to De Hoge Veluwe, where I mostly always stay. I like the rest and peaceful nature there. Hehe, my laptop stays at home. I want to do something different than what I do: like reading. At home I only read a book before going to bed. And I got that wonderful book about evolution that I've bought at Naturalis. You may know that museum being a Dutchman too yourself.

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 05:37:45 PM »
Of course I do Leto! I've been there twice, thrice maybe even four times! A secret: I've been to many countries in the world, I've seen almost every country in Europe, but I have only been two times to the Hoge Veluwe...

I love reading too. That book about evolution, what's it called? Maybe I'll buy it!

When I want to be in a quiet place, I'll take a pillow, stop into the little boat, row myself to the middle of our lake, and read until nightfall. Lovely! I should do that more often...

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 05:38:26 PM »
Have a relaxing vacation, Leto! I'll miss you on the forum while you're gone.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 05:38:33 PM »
Have a nice holiday Leto!  :D

Maybe we should have a Member status thread to show if someone is unable to be on the site for a while due to Personal reasons or a Holiday?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 05:42:12 PM »
Personal life?  What's that?  ;D

Seriously, Leto, have a great vacation!  I hope you won't experience any travel bugs and that you return to us refreshed and ready to share more insights.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2010, 05:43:27 PM »
Personal life?  What's that?  ;D

Seriously, Leto, have a great vacation!  I hope you won't experience any travel bugs and that you return to us refreshed and ready to share more insights.

Yeah Leto, I hope you do not turn invisible after you return!

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Leto85

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 05:46:02 PM »
Of course I do Leto! I've been there twice, thrice maybe even four times! A secret: I've been to many countries in the world, I've seen almost every country in Europe, but I have only been two times to the Hoge Veluwe...

I love reading too. That book about evolution, what's it called? Maybe I'll buy it!

When I want to be in a quiet place, I'll take a pillow, stop into  the little boat, row myself to the middle of our lake, and read until nightfall. Lovely! I should do that more often...

Haha, in that case: look out for a title called: De Vis In Ons, by Neil Shubin. It is about a travel through 3,5 billion years (summarized in 245 pages so therefore you can consider it as a masterpiece in simjargon) in a roman way of writing and compares the human body structure and genetics with that of animals, either present or extinct. The earlier stadium of evolution you can still find in our body. A lot of important parts in our genome are very similar to those of worms or bacteria. That's what the book is about.
First I need to finish Lolita by Wladimir Nabokov, which is also an okey book, but you need to like the way of writing I believe to get yourself through all those descriptive pages. Which isn't a negative thing necessarily.

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 05:49:38 PM »
Sounds interesting! I think I should buy it.

By the way: It is still very strange to talk to a fellow Dutchman in English...

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Leto85

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2010, 05:51:11 PM »
Sounds interesting! I think I should buy it.

By the way: It is still very strange to talk with a fellow Dutchman in English...

Hehe, ja maar ja: wat doe je eraan he? :P Shall we speak Spanish instead, si lo prefiere? :P

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 05:53:49 PM »

Good grief, how many languages do you speak?  I am impressed.  Sprechen sie Deutsch?  Parlez-vous francais?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Leto85

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2010, 05:56:26 PM »
Good grief, how many languages do you speak?  I am impressed.  Sprechen sie Deutsch?  Parlez-vous francais?

2.5. Dutch, English and I am learning Spanish. Ich wünschte, ich sprach Deutsch. Aber wahrscheinlich, weil ich bin wirklich immer starten, wenn ich denke, mein Spanisch ist gut genug für sie communis. Deutsch ist sehr ähnlich, Niederländisch, so dass ich denke, alle die Führung in dieser Sprache. Also vielleicht nie.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2010, 06:01:14 PM »
Das ist genug!  Ich verstehe nicht.  I'm way out of my depth here.

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2010, 06:02:14 PM »
I beat you, Leto... Nederlands (Dutch), Deutsch (German), Francais (french), I am also learning Espanol (Spanish). I have had 4 years of ancient Greek (Hellenika) in school, so, although I may sound like Shakespeare, people speaking modern Greek may be able to understand it...

Some sim ple (I have no idea how to use Greek symbols here, but phonetic:) hoi barbaroi ou gignoskousi tèn Hellenikèn

It means: The strangers do not understand Greek.

Dein Deutsch ist nicht slecht, Leto! Wie hast du das gelernt?

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

anything