Author Topic: Overwatch mod  (Read 95265 times)

Offline SimAd

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Overwatch mod
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2013, 01:37:39 PM »
Oh drat, small mistake on my part. You need the Tools menu, next to the View menu. That has the Folder Options...

The contents of what your file is is correct, that should work, good deal. Make sure you enable the extensions as above, and then see if the file in your Mods folder is indeed named "resource.cfg" (literally, and nothing else than "resource.cfg" (without the quotes of course)).

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 02:52:54 PM »
Thanks. Right I've done that Tools, folder option bit.

Now in my Mods folder I have Resource_cfg.mht
Can I just rename or do I have to start all over again? Please don't say I have to do that lol

Will this fix the missing sims & the sticky ness of the game? The sims keep sticking & stopping the game had slowed right down :(

Thanks again. I do appreciate all your help :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SimAd

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 03:55:47 PM »
That .mht suggests something didn't go quite right with the download, however the contents is correct. To be sure it works, I wouldn't rename it, but do the following:

In the folder, right click, select New, select Text document. This creates a new file in the folder, named New Text Document.txt. Double-click that file so it opens in Notepad. The file should be empty.

Also open the .mht file so you get that on screen as well. Use your mouse to select everything or press ctrl-A, which should highlight all the text. Once it is highlighed, press ctrl-C, then go to your notepad window and press ctrl-V. This should copy and paste all that text into the new file you created above. Close all windows, when it asks you whether you want to save the contents of the New Text Document.txt press Yes.

Now rename the New Text Document.txt to resource.cfg. It will probably warn you that changing the extension may make it unusable, do it regardless. :-)

Once all that is done, take a look whether you see that "Mod scripts found" window when you start the game. :-)

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2013, 10:29:45 AM »
Thank you again.

I've done that, renamed that copy as Resource_cfg as the original was in that format. But still nothing :(

Should I quit now? Lol

Offline SimAd

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2013, 11:17:32 AM »
It shouldn't be renamed to resource_cfg but resource.cfg

Meh, don't quit, we're close enough. :-)

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2013, 02:39:29 PM »
Ok thanks I'll try that. Fingers crossed lol

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2013, 02:53:31 PM »
Done that but still nothing :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SimAd

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2013, 03:37:40 PM »
OK, that method may not be really clear enough. Let me give you another link, http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

This one has pictures of what you should see in your folders, and a ready made folder structure. Remove the Mods folder in your Documents\The Sims 3 folder, and start again using the above link.

In this case, the trick is to first get the above working, this method includes a mod that disables the intro video so it's very easy to see whether that mod works.

Have a look whether that is easier to follow?

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2013, 08:42:16 AM »
Thank you so much for this link. I followed it step by step & it still hasn't worked. I retried it as it said if it didn't work try again. But still nothing. I have made a couple of notes of differences to wording to see if you think this may be the cauase.

The guide says:- Step 2 'Save link as' - My option said 'Save target as...' (I choose that as the nearest option)

Step 3 - 'Extract here' - My option said 'Extract all...' (again I choose this)

A pop up appeared - 'Extract Compressed (zipped) folders
Select a destination and extract files
Files will be extracted to this folder:- C:\Users\name\documents\electronicarts\The sims3\frameworksetup (in a drop down format)

Step 4 icon next to Resource.cfg is different to image, mine shows the Microsoft logo.

Then when I restrated the game the video ran & no difference. I started the game & had a look at a family with the missing sims and they still didn't appear in the household picture of whose in which house.

Maybe these lost sims are lost forever :(

Offline SimAd

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2013, 09:00:29 AM »
Ah, OK. That suggests to me, in your The Sims 3 folder, you now have a folder named frameworksetup. If all is well, in that folder you'd find a Mods folder, in that Mods folder you'll find the resource.cfg and also two more folders, one named Packages, the other Overrides.

Is that all correct so far?

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2013, 09:07:16 AM »
Yes that's correct :)

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2013, 09:09:57 AM »
Yes that's correct :)

Offline SimAd

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2013, 09:55:57 AM »
OK, then go into that Frameworksetup folder, and right-click the Mods folder. Select Copy.

Go back to your The Sims 3 folder, right-click on some empty space, and then click Paste.

We'll have a little clean-up to do but first try if the game will start without the intro video now.

Offline Gingerkid

• Occult
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2013, 10:22:24 AM »
Ok I've done that, *drum roll......... Stared the game and no intro video, yay! Are we getting there now?

Offline SimAd

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2013, 10:50:57 AM »
Well, that certainly looks good indeed. First clean up a bit, you still have the frameworksetup folder in your The Sims 3 folder, you should delete that.

You can now find the NRaas_Overwatch.package, that should go in the The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder, there already is a nointro.package right there, so place it "next" to that.

Then in the main The Sims 3 folder, delete the file scriptCache.package.

Now try the game, it should pop up a window "Mod Scripts Found" just before the main menu comes up.