Author Topic: There are no firefighters in the firehouse!  (Read 11360 times)

Offline MrWhitman

• Nooboo
There are no firefighters in the firehouse!
« on: March 23, 2013, 04:24:33 AM »
I'm a firefighter in the game but I already had full handy and athletic skills when I entered.  Now the only thing I can do to get a better level is to befriend other firefighters.  Unfortunately, there are NEVER other firefighters in the firehouse.  I found them wandering around the city but they don't show to work and if I try to call them they tell me to call back in XX hours which means that I can't call them for the entire day.  Is there a way around this?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: There are no firefighters in the firehouse!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 05:06:39 AM »
Welcome to our Forum.

The firefighters you see around town may not be the ones who are supposed to work at the firehouse with your Sim.  There are also NPC firemen that usually appear in the park during the day or when there's a fire at your Sim's house.  When you join the Firefighter profession and go to the firehouse, the co-workers are actually townies who live in town somewhere.  Are you going to the firehouse on time and staying all day?  And going every day?  If you're playing in Sunset Valley, I would probably recognize the name of the firefighters you're calling and could at least tell you if they are NPCs or townie firefighters.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mondicat

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 10:31:36 AM »
I had the same problem once with my firefighter sim.  I was also worried about getting promotions since I couldn't befriend any coworkers (since I didn't have any).  However, I still got promoted, so I stopped worrying about it.  Of course I didn't have max handiness or athletics, so maybe that's why I still got promoted.   Then one day suddenly the coworkers showed up at the firehouse! 

I wonder if successfully fighting some fires will get you promoted?   

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 10:43:57 AM »
Doing the day to day jobs will get you promoted.  I seem to always have this problem if I join the firefighter career after a game has been started instead of in the beginning.  It's like story progression has a hard time holding down Sims in the open professions.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MrWhitman

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 02:21:20 PM »
Thanks for the welcome.  The two Sims that I find are Chase Bayless, and Dora Glenn.  I'm not sure which town I'm in.

As far as promotion goes, yes, I have been promoted, I'm now at level 6, but the problem is that the promotion process takes forever to happen.  I get a minute amount of job performance for just being their all day, and a small amount for dealing with disasters.  It took my character about 2 lifetimes to reach this level (I had to have him eat ambrosia).  The last time I did this, I was able to get to level 10 in less than half the time but I had to make friends and raise my skills.

Would it be possible to change the active household, give the character a career in firefighting, then change back to the old active household and have these characters still show up in the firehouse?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 04:27:07 PM »
Do you have the two LTRs (Lifetime Happiness Rewards) that help you with professions?   Entrepreneurial Mindset and Professional Simoleon Booster can both go a long away towards helping you max the career out.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 09:09:14 PM »
I'm not sure about Dora Glenn, but I can tell you that Chase Bayless is a townie in Twinbrook so it sounds like you have at least one official coworker. I usually get 4 coworkers while playing a firefighter, but I've had only one before.

I second Rica's suggestion of those two LTRs, they are wonderful for professions. Otherwise, just keep fighting those fires and make nice with Chase on the weekends if she's not showing up to work during the week (which is really weird, but such is sims). I suppose your idea of switching active households couldn't hurt, but story progression might have other ideas when you switch back unless you turn it off during that time.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrWhitman

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 02:39:43 PM »
Well, thanks for the suggestions.  I already have the LTRs and the process is still tediously slow.  I have this goal to get my character to reach the top of EVERY profession in the game with the exception of a thief.  To that end, he has mastered nearly every skill there is.  Right now I have all the expansions except for Generations.  The only time I can talk to the other characters is during the holidays.  Any other time and they just tell me they're going out.

Offline skybaker

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 03:40:43 AM »
Your co-workers appear in Fire Station randomly and you may found them inside their house while dealing with house fire.

Even the co-worker relationship is stated as a parameter of your job performance in Firefighter profession. I never noted any improvement of performance once making friend with co-workers or increasing friendship with them.

This is nearly impossible to gain Level 10 in Firefighter profession if your Sims already had mastered both  Handiness and Althetic skills. You may used NRAAS Mastercontroller to reset the skill level. However, your firefighter will gain promotion of 7 Level once mastered one of the skill again.
Now I realize playing the Sims 3 on Mac is playing the game of installation and uninstallation...

anything